Alduria

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Aldurian News Times

Postby Sobk » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:07 pm

A New Friend

In a press release today, the SSS announced that they had succeeded in kidnapping and transporting to Alduria, a former high-ranking military official in the military of Istalia who was dismissed for his overtly radical views. His newfound presence in Alduria is met with great thanks as the increasing militarization of the country calls for more stricter organization than ever before. The Minister of Defence was reported as saying: "I hope that with the help of this former official that we may take another step towards the modernization of Alduria's military."

OOC: Considering he is a FORMER high-ranking military official, this doesn't affect Istalia without their permission in any way.
Sobk

Postby Sobk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:20 pm

BREAKING: Government Orders Removal of Federation Troops

In a heated joint-press statement moments ago, Maréchal Thomas Rousseau announced an immediate order of removal of Federation troops.
"This type of foreign invasion will not be tolerated. The day that Alduria again permits foreign invaders to roam its streets is the day which our nation dies." said the Maréchal. Minister of Defence Arthur Delafose followed by stating that: "Military operations are underway, we have evacuated sectors of Semailles in preparation."
"Failure on the part of the Federation troops to vacate the nation within 24 hours will result in complete and utter annihilation. We will take no prisoners, and civilian casualties while regrettable are no hindrance to the power of our military. This type of invasion will not stand, a direct attack on our sovereignty such as this greatly hurts the Federation's standings with Alduria."
The statement was followed by displays of the Rousseauvian salute and chants of "Dieu est Rousseau!" by all in the room.
Sobk

Postby RedReaper » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:04 pm

RedReaper

Postby Sobk » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Airstrikes Successful

Defense Minister Delafose reports casualties in airstrikes on Federation infested areas by the Aldurians Air Forces, authorized after the 24 hours ended. Initial reports show some 4,324 Federation casualties, and 5,912 civilian casualties. Minister Delafose was quoted as saying "The civilian deaths are sad, but we must set a precedent that we are not afraid to sacrifice our own in defense of our nation."
Reports say that survivors and the injured Federation troops are being systematically killed by first responders. The Aldurians Armed Forces has confirmed that they have authorized 40,000 troops to use lethal force alone against Federation troops. Media was unable to get pictures of the troops spilling out of the base in Semailles but bystanders report that it was more soldiers than they have ever seen in one place, partly thanks to the new draft instated which seeks to draft 7% of the population.
Sobk

Postby Sobk » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:54 am

BREAKING: Rousseau Flees Country, Party Surrenders, Entire Cabinet Resigns

According to a press statement by Defence Minister Arthur Delafose, Maréchal Rousseau has fled the country leaving only a video to the people of Alduria which has been broadcasted on every channel hourly since his departure. The transcript is as follows:

"Loyal citizens of Alduria, it brings me great sorrow that such has happened to this great and beautiful nation. It was never my intention to engulf Alduria in a state of war. I take my leave now because I have come to the realization that my staying will only harm the great people of this nation even more. Let this be my last display of dedication to this nation. October 28th, 4456"

The acting Chairman of the Parti Nationaliste, Timothée Toutain made a statement following Rousseau's departure: "The rule of the party is over. It is time that we surrender to ensure that the Aldurian people are kept safe and that no more Aldurian deaths occur. We must now put an end to the human rights abuses committed under this administration but let it be said one last time for the sake of tradition and remembrance: Dieu Est Rousseau!" Following this statement, Toutain resigned and a new election for the party chairman is currently being held. The party's national committee voted in favor of renaming the party to "Fierté" and changing it's color to "Royal purple". They also passed a new party platform which while still rooted in nationalism, is far more lenient in the realm of civil rights and the free market while still remaining staunchly anti-immigration. One of its primary goals is to repeal the measures of ethnic cleansing and human rights abuses enacted by the Rousseauvian regime.

Following the announcements, the entire cabinet resigned, effectively leaving the nation leaderless.
Sobk

Postby Sobk » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:07 am

Fierté elects new chairman, central committee

Fierté, the rebranded Parti Nationaliste, has elected a new "pro-freedom" central committee and they have elected a new chairman: Jérémie Bullion. His political history was that he started out as a member of the Parti Nationaliste and gradually rose through the ranks to becoming a member of the National Assembly. He has announced an immediate call for action regarding the repealings of all blatantly discriminatory policies in Alduria. The committee also voted in favor of adopting a new party slogan: "Dieu, liberté, fierté"
Sobk

Postby RedReaper » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:58 pm

RedReaper

Postby Luis1p » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:52 pm

Luis1p

PreviousNext

Return to National News