Egelion

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Egelion News Network

Postby Richard LV » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:08 am

Foreign Minister recalls envoy

After learning of an attempt of an attack against West Deltaria who is one of Egelion's ally. With a strongly worded letter to the Senate of Pntek Wrntunyfkai Jezknstat, the Foreign Minister has made it clear that Egelion will not allow this attack to happen. Any nation that is looking to attack an ally of Egelion shall be warned by this that it will not be tolerated.

The letter has been disclosed by the Foreign Ministry
To the Senate of this grand nation:

Letter from Foreign Minister Hugo Moretta Gangotena of Egelion

Dear Senate of Pntek Wrntunyfkai Jezknstat,

If any of your troops come onto the territory of East or West Deltaria, then you will see an immediate blockade of your port from our navy. We will not allowed any nation to come into this war just to simply infer that they own the whole nation. Egelion has no problem going into this nation and colonizing her people. We are a strong nation that has enough force in the region to remove you twice from Terra.

If your troops are willing to work with the Czar of West Deltaria, then we may be able to broker a land deal with them so you may place some royal ownership over the land. However, Egelion will act in a unilateral attack against you if you attack Deltaria without proper cause.

The Supreme Leader of Egelion would love to hold another commonwealth in his realm. If this Senate does not change it's mind on attacking Deltaria, then consider yourself owned by Egelion and under the rule of the Supreme Leader. Think wisely as we already have nuclear subs armed with WMDs in range of your capital.

Hugo Moretta Gangotena
Foreign Minister of Egelion
[Enclosed]
Richard LV

Postby Richard LV » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 am

Egelion's troops make it to Western Deltaria

After a long voyage to the Western Czarist nation Egelion's troops unload the ships and get ready for a long war. The naval fleets have docked at various docks along the coastline controlled by the west. The stated mission for the Armed Forces is to push back the Eastern's army and invade East Deltaria. The Air Force has started to conduct major air raids and bombings against cities in the East. The emergency crews inside these cities are working hard to fight fires that are raging on throughout the night. The Prime Minister has been taking time off the campaign trail to lead these air attacks against the Eastern rebels. The Ministry of Defense has estimated the lost of lives at a couple hundred people, although this number may change in the morning. The Minister of Defense has been quoted this morning at a press hearing saying
Egelion is doing great at the first leg of this war. Our troops are fighting hard to push back the rebels and to gain air superiority. Our elite guard has setup a command post in an undisclosed area, that will be used as a command point to further our push into the Eastern border. Egelion is praying for the safety of her troops, making sure that they come back is my top priority at this moment. With the loss of a stealth bomber and her pilots is our current loss in lives on our side. We have setup a strongly defended supply route connecting Egelion to Deltaria for civilian and military aid.

Me and my staff are working closely with the Foreign Ministry to bring the East to the diplomatic table to talk about peace. Several billions of dollars will have to be used to successfully win this war for Egelion. I trust in my nation's Armed Forces to fight till we win a supreme victory. The Supreme Leader and Prime Minister have given me permission to start using drones against the enemy scum. This will hopefully give us the upper hand soon.

I wish to thank those families who have love ones over seas for their sacrifcies during this hard times for us and them. Our men will be home soon and will be heros to us all for what they have done. Fighting for the freedom of a Czarist nation is no easy task, but they will get it done.

A glimps of the destruction dealt by Egelion's bombers.

One of our stealth bombers dropping bombs at the start of the bombing run.
Richard LV

Postby Richard LV » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:31 am

Egelion celebrates Patriots Day

As a fun filled day to honor our men and women who serve in our nation's armed forces, Patriots Day was a holiday created by the Defense Ministry to boost national moral during these worrisome times. The capital was filled with millions coming from around the world to watch the spotlighted military parade and to maybe get a glimpse of the Supreme Leader. At 4:00 o'clock this morning the main street running from the airport through downtown and all the way to the Great Palace of Egelion was closed off to allow for major bomb sweeps and to add protection to those who were finishing the decorations. By 8:00 o'clock the sidewalks and parks around the parade route were packed with people trying to get a good spot. Bars and restaurants have reported they had the biggest crowds ever. Given the fact that it was a very hot day officers were giving out free waters all around the city, this was greatly appreciated by the fire department. When the palace's clock struck 9:00 the fanfare started, as the Supreme Leader and the Empress came out of the palace the gathered crowd cheered for the leading royals. They walked onward towards their viewing area where they were greeted by other royals and top military officiers.

The Supreme Leader and the Empress walking out of the palace.

The crowed roared as a squadron of jets flew over them to signify the start of the parade. It was a moving work of proffesional art. With over 7,000 units involved in the parade, many were excited to watch the whole thing. After the parade there was a youth parade involving at least one school from every city in the nation. The time to finish all these parades took well over 6 hours. When all the parades were done the SL and Empress left their viewing area to go back to the palace for a light lunch with invited guest who came from different parts of this world.

Foot soldiers walking down the parade route towards the Royal Palace.

Empress Laura was the main hostest of the Patriots Day Lunch at the palace today. She met with everyone who was invited including the whole delegation from Badara and Dranland. With the most popular person at that moment being the new Ministry of Defense who organized the whole day. The Supreme Leader honored the minister by allowing him to join the military order of St. Diego. As the day winded down the last event was underway right on the river that flows through the capital. With the largest fireworks display to date no one was going to miss watching this grand entertainment that was paid for by the Defense Ministry. For the next 45 minutes the city was in awe of the great firework display that nearly broke the 80 million dollar budget they were given for the events. The Royal Family gave a final wave and thank you to the military before they went back to the palace for the night. Although the Royals were gone the crowds continued to party in the streets until 4 o'clock in the morning.

A diplomat from Badara talking with the Duchess of Eder Gira
Richard LV

Postby Richard LV » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:21 am

Terror strikes Egelion

Today at around 9:00 a.m. two hijacked airliners coming from Pontesi flew into the Royal Trading Center. The RTC is Egelion's biggest trading company that is owned by the royal family. Citizens in the street were crying as they saw this attack unfold in front of their very eyes. All airports were shut down due to the risk of another plane getting hijacked again. The Nation Air Response Squadron flew over the skies of Egelion in search of any possible enemies coming in for another attack. This work is caused by an unknown group of individuals who wish to see Egelion taken down. The Prime Minister did make a speech at his home outside the capital.
Good evening.

Today, our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate and deadly terrorist acts. The victims were in airplanes or in their offices: secretaries, business men and women, military and federal workers, moms and dads, friends and neighbors. Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror. The pictures of airplanes flying into buildings, fires burning, huge -- huge structures collapsing have filled us with disbelief, terrible sadness, and a quiet, unyielding anger. These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed. Our country is strong.

A great people has been moved to defend a great nation. Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of Egelion. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of Egelian resolve. Egelion was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining. Today, our nation saw evil -- the very worst of human nature -- and we responded with the best of Egelion. With the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and neighbors who came to give blood and help in any way they could.

Immediately following the first attack, I implemented our government's emergency response plans. Our military is powerful, and it's prepared. Our emergency teams are working in Demar Solad. To help with local rescue efforts. Our first priority is to get help to those who have been injured, and to take every precaution to protect our citizens at home and around the world from further attacks. The functions of our government continue without interruption. Federal Ministries in Demar Solad which had to be evacuated today are reopening for essential personnel tonight and will be open for business tomorrow. Our financial institutions remain strong, and the Egelion economy will be open for business as well.

The search is underway for those who were behind these evil acts. I have directed the full resources of our intelligence and law enforcement communities to find those responsible and to bring them to justice. We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them.

I appreciate so very much the Lords who have joined me in strongly condemning these attacks. And on behalf of the Egelian people, I thank the many world leaders who have called to offer their condolences and assistance. Egelion and our friends and allies join with all those who want peace and security in the world, and we stand together to win the war against terrorism.

Tonight, I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a Power greater than any of us, spoken through the ages in Psalm 23.

This is a day when all Egelians from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. Egelion has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.

Thank you. Good night. And God bless Egelion.

The first tower falling.
Richard LV

Postby Richard LV » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:59 pm

Dranland fishermen are stealing billions from Egelion!

This is what an independent an independent report done at the Royal University for Science said. It reports that over 82billion pounds worth of fish have been taken from Egelian waters over the last 12 years. The report goes further to say that Dranland is the biggest culprit of this thievery among all. Dranland prides itself over their incredibly large fishing industry, but many fishermen are fed up with the large decline of fish in their waters. With 35% of Egelians in the field of agriculture relying on the fish in the seas of Egelion this has become a major problem for not only local governments in Egelion, but also the national government as well. The Minister of Trade said in a press conference last week
"This ministry will not allow the good workers of this nation to be placed under such stress because of some greedy sailors in Dranland. My staff and I will work hard with the Ministry of Enviromental Protection to find a solution to this problem. I owe it to the families of poor fishermen who rely on the sea for a living to help them secure a better future for their children.

The Ministry of Defense has issued a statement stating
We will crack down on finding fishers who use our waters illegally.
But further on in the statement the Defense Ministry claims no fault in "allowing people to steal out of Egelian waters, since all violators are sent back to Dranland for punishment." In fact most violators are given a fine of 400 Dran and sent on their way to commit the crime again. Often times they are given tips by others in the industry on how not to get caught by Egelion's navy. Until the navy gets permission from the House of Lords to start trying these cases, nothing will be done about this on our end.

A fishing boat from Dranland very close to Egelian waters. (The black buoy marks the line between Egelian waters and international waters.)
Richard LV

Postby Richard LV » Thu May 02, 2013 2:00 am

EISS reports dirty officials are part of the cause of last

Today the Director of Egelion's Internal Security Service, Carla Vargas Cerezo, said that she is certain that "something fishy was going on" with one of Egelion's main fishing regulation ministries, RFME(Royal Fishing Ministry of Egelion). She was quoted saying this at a press conference,
I have tripled checked the facts in this report and I am confident that it is right on the money. There is illegal fishing practices occurring inside Egelian waters, but it is not because Egelion is not protecting its waters. There is a major problem with bribery in this area of the government, and it is a damn shame that some officials would allow a few pounds change their job title from protector to servant. That is why I am proud to say over 3 high ranking officials, including the Minister have been arrested by our agents. The Minister was found trying to board an airliner bound to Dranland. Agents are currently interrogating him to see why he was heading to Dranland. We have more than enough evidence to know that these officials were bribed by unknown sources inside Dranland. EISS has been investigating the ministry for over 5 years prior to the university report was released. My agents and I will be open to work with our foreign counterparts in order to find those who are responsible for this national embarrassment. Those who were arrested today will face a judge tomorrow to plead their cases at the Supreme Royal Court for Justice.
Many are still wondering if the government will still request that the Dranish government pay for some or all of the damage dealt to the fishing industry of Egelion. Some radicals have gone to suggest that this is a plot to destroy Egelion's fishing industry that was hatched by the Dranish government. The Prime Minister will not comment on anything that is related to this issue.

Director Cerezo at the press conference earlier.
Richard LV

Postby Richard LV » Sat May 04, 2013 11:53 pm

A new beginning Egelion

Two years ago Supreme Leader Alex de Cabrea Formoselle said he would be giving the throne to his son Daniel. For some seeing the greatest leader in Egelian history leave the throne is a heartbreaking experience. Many weeped as his motorcade took him off to his summer home. Before leaving the coronation of his son he said some heartfelt words that will stay with many for the rest of their lives.
I have done many things in my life that have help shape me. When I commanded the Imperial Milita it was one of the greatest times of my life. I had the neck of the old government under my boot. Throughout that time I didn't think about my wife or kids, or even what the hell the new government was going to be like. Now I feel ashamed of the nation that I left for the Egelian people. My prime ministers and me have been overlooking the health of our people! We focused on the security of the nation, but not on the thing that matters the most, giving our children something to be proud of. Children are the future of this nation, and we owe it to them to give them only the best things in life. I am breaking the tradition that is imposed on our people, I have worked hard for the last two years to compile a group of ideas that will bring a great change to Egelion. The crown of Egelion will no longer jump towards war, but instead we will use diplomacy and peace. We will allow any nation wishing to join the crown to escape the evils of war into the commonwealth realm of Egelion with a 2/3 vote inside their legislature. The crown will now be a promoter of peace, and will work with any groups of nations to find a way out of situation that cannot be solved among themselves. I ask as a last request before I leave power, for all leaders who are true friends to Egelion that you will pledge to always protect this nation as we transition into a peace loving nation. For it is not what you take when you leave this world behind you, its what you leave behind you when you go. I wish to leave a better nation for generations to enjoy. I wish to thank all of those that have served this nation proudly during my time on the throne. Thank you all here today. Please have a great day, and God bless you and this nation plus all the nations around Terra.
After the speech the Crown of State was taken from the father and given to the son. Supreme Leader Daniel Canura Formoselle gave a small speech in which he pledge to work with all nations to make Egelion a peaceful nation. This new talk of peace will be hard for the true conservatives of Egelion to accept, but hopefully for the betterment of Terra they will.

H.I.M King Daniel of Egelion.
Richard LV

Postby Richard LV » Mon May 06, 2013 8:34 pm

New foreign standings

This morning Foreign Minister, Jordi Olano Sandoval, released a list of other nations standing with Egelion. At the top of the list was Dundorf, while at the way bottom was Pontesi. Mr. Sandoval said that, "Egelion is currently focused on improving her international standing with other nations. My staff and I are prepared to do everything within our power to bring better relations between us and others.". However the major shocker about the list was for the first time in twenty years Deltaria's rating with Egelion fell into the neutral zone. This may have something to do with the break down of talks between Egelion and Vorona, due to Deltarian intervention.

-Allies
Dundorf
Selucianum
Dranland
Al'Badara

-Friends
Kizenia
Dorvish Federation
Kalopia
Malivia
Barmenia
Gaduridos
Keymon
Trigunia
Indrala
Cilcar
Kanjor
Kalistan
Narikaton and Darnussia
Sekowo
Hulstria and Gao-Soto
Luthori
Kazulia

-Neutral
Deltaria
Hutori
Kundrati
Davostan
Telamon
Likatonia
Lodamun
Endralon
Ikradon
Hobrazia
Beluzia
Solentia
Saridan
Aldegar
Vorona

-Enemies
Pontesi
Richard LV

Postby Yorkist » Fri May 24, 2013 9:21 pm

IMPERIAL EAST TERRA COMPANY ESTABLISHES COMPANY PROTECTORATE OVER EGELION

The Pontesian-owned Imperial East Terra Company has established a Protectorate over Egelion after the recent political vacuum led to civil war and atrocities against humanity. Barnes Fotheringhay, who was recently awarded Pontesi's highest honour of Lord Guardian of the Cedar Throne, has been invested as the Chief Factor of The Company. Fotheringhay promised, 'to return Egelion to prosperity and stability and to ensure the gentle progression of the native peoples towards greater self-government.'

The establishment of the Protectorate comes just a few years after the previous government listed Pontesi as the country's sole enemy. Fotheringhay sought to calm fears that the establishment of the Protectorate was part of a vengeance plot against Egelion, 'The previous government worshipped the false and barbaric idols of Crusaderism and so subjected their own people to the Crusader way of conducting governance - by way of the whip and firing squad. The Company is here to protect the people of Egelion and return them to prosperity.'

Lord Guardian Barnes Fotheringhay reads out the Proclamation of the establishment of 'El Protectorado de la Compañía de Egelion'

The Egelionese Royal Family has been re-instated with Princess Cristina Bermúdez choosing to marry Prince George of the House of Belknap thus uniting the Crowns of Pontesi and Egelion under the Suzereinty of Empress Alexandra I.

The IETC has previously established Protectorates in Talmoria and Gaduridos but has had few previous interests in the North East. The Company is renowned for its work in stamping out global slavery and has already commissioned the construction of an anti-slaving station in the south of the country.
Yorkist

Postby Brydog » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:19 am

Dranish Draddwyr Take Control in Chaos, Declare Egelion a "Draddwyr colony"

Today, a Draddwyr nationalist group calling itself, the Children of Glynwater have seize the government. Glynwater was a Draddwyr tribal leader who led the Draddwyr against the Egelion colonialists in a fail revolt. Cranog ap Glynwater, the leader of the group declared that the Draddwyr will have their revenge against the imperialists. The group was stated it has plans for the nation that will be soon. Rumors are
Staring as... The National Republican Party

"The U.N. is a place where governments opposed to free speech demand to be heard." - MAD Magazine
Brydog

PreviousNext

Return to National News