Lodamun

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: News from Lodamun

Postby Paul Hewlett » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:14 pm

Michael Bennet and his family is leaving Lodamun
December 12th, 4161

An unmarked aircraft landed in West Andalay airport. Some witnesses said to the press that Michael Bennet, leader of NDP and former President of Lodamun, have been spotted in the airport as well. Reason to abandon Lodamun might be latest developments on revocation of Michael Bennet's Immunity and attempt to arrest and executed former President immediately without free trial.

NDP deputy chairman and former Foreign Affairs minister Jack Gallagher takes provisional lead over the party
December 16th, 4161

Michael Bennet and his family are currently abroad in safe place. M. Bennet didn't left any indications where he is in accordance to protect his friends and associates in Lodamun, but it's quite clear that he seek an asylum in one of free country on Terra. Maybe we will hear official statement from one of democratic government. But I'm sure that we will hear from our former pro-democratic President of Lodamun in future. Meantime I'll lead NDP towards next elections and continue fight for Freedom and Liberty in Lodamun.

Michael Bennet's in Baltusia?!
January 29th, 4162

Media speculates...
New Democratic Party [Lodamun]
Paul Hewlett

Postby Paul Hewlett » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:00 am

Nationwide win for NDP on election night

Another big win for NDP with comfortable majority in Presidium. Jack Gallagher, former Foreign Affairs Minister will take a seat of President untill Michael Bennet's return to homeland.

Current seats of Lodamese Presidium by party:
NDP: 363
LNC: 142
GNRG: 94

Michael Bennet holds a press conference in Baltusia
M. Bennet's press conference
Paul Hewlett

Postby M13 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Tania Hennes elected chairman
April 5, 4166

Today LNC members chose a new chairman. Luk Gorky had ordered elections last month. He will retire from politics soon.

The new chairman is the secretary of former chairman Gorky. She was the only candidate for the position. The members did support her candidacy.
Tania Hennes knows she has inherited a huge responsibility. She will continue to walk the path Luk Gorky walked with the party: "We will keep low profile first to see what NDP is up to, and if necessary we will react. Our main concern is to keep our nation healthy and strong and to make sure that the government operates in favor of the citizens."
Miss Hennes will lead the party to the very important elections in 4 years. She has the time to prepare herself.
Lodamese Royalists
M13

Postby Paul Hewlett » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:22 am

NDP looses couple seats in Presidium but keeps majority
March 4166

This election results indicate continuation of Bennet's cabinet.

Current seats of Lodamese Presidium by party:
NDP: 331
LNC: 168
GNRG: 100

Vote in Presidium concerning Mr. Kotari Ravel
January 4167

Department of Justice initiated vote on bill concerning future of Mr. Ravel (GNRG) member of Presidium and citizen of Lodamun. If this bill pass Mr. Ravel will be arrested. Currently is Mr. Ravel under constant supervision of secret service and he is not allowed to leave country.

Paul Hewlett

Postby M13 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:18 am

Fort Kregon in uproar
September 2, 4167

Fort Kregon, Kregon- After a bill passed in Presidium yesterday, about 30,000 people marched the Streets of Fort Kregon in protest of the decision to revoke Kotari Ravel's immunity. Some people told us they are frightened to see what's happening to a loyal citizen and politician. Some believe Mr. Ravel will be sentenced to death by our justice system.
The governor of Kregon, Andrej Marks, has asked all citizens to behave and has begged them to march in peace and calm, which they did untill about 2 o'clock last night. Then things heated up, and a lot of shopwindows were smashed, some cars were put on fire and there were serious battles with law enforcement. Numerous people had to be taken to hospital. It is said that protestors were provoked and were being shot at. At this stage everything seems calm and quiet in the Streets of Fort Kregon, but word has it that thousands of citizens are assembling again and will be protesting this afternoon.
Former LNC chairman Luk Gorky, who retired from politics last year, stated that the decision made by President Bennet is unfair. He said that 'the President is taking revenge on him being accused with and convicted for criticising the government'.
Lodamese Royalists
M13

Postby M13 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Andrej Marks: this gets incontrollable
September 9, 4167

Fort Kregon- Andrej Marks, Governor of the Province of Kregon, askes the government to intervene in his Province. The situation in Kregon is getting out of hand, says the Governor. He fears a lot of people will get injured if this situation continues.
"I have insufficient law enforcement. We can hardly control the current situation in Fort Kregon, and it seems that the protests are expanding to neighbouring towns and cities. Most factories have closed their doors and have asked me to provide them protection. I cannot comply, since there's a lack of law enforcement already. Therefore I bid the government to find a solution and help our Province. If no solution is found soon, I will be forced to implement paramilitary groupments, which my party has already moved to Kregon. I wish to see this situation solved in a mature way, without the use of violence. I hope the government will give a clear signal towards the ctizens of Lodamun and especially those in the Province for which I'm responsable."
Lodamese Royalists
M13

Postby Paul Hewlett » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:41 pm

First police reinforcements arrive to Kregon
September 4167

On Andrej Marks (governor of Kregon) request, internal affairs minister George Freeman order to sent police reinforcement from others provincies to Kregon to help protect order in towns. Military is ready to back up police forces in case of emergency.

Fort Kregon

President Bennet speaks to citizens of Lodamun
October 4167

Fellow citizens. I'm here to speak to all of you but especially to those that protests in province of Kregon. Mr. Ravel is accused of terrorist activities on Terra killing hunderents of innocent people. The reason he came to Lodamun is not to help Lodamese people and our country but to avoid a fair trial in Pontesi. He is bringing more danger to Lodamun than peace. This government fight for Freedom and Liberty across Lodamun and Terra. This is not about any personal revenge. My first cabinet decided to arrest and sent Mr. Ravel to face trial before I was accused for criticising former Barlow's government. But this isn't about politics but what's right to our people, our country, all people of Terra and all free countries across Terra. And most importantly this will sent the right signal to all families that was affected by past acts of Mr. Ravel in Pontesi. And finaly last fact. Mr. Ravel isn't born in Lodamun, he was granted with Lodamese citizenship by former president Barlow. He was granted with it after he was accused of terrorism. And that's important to mention. My govermnent woul'd never extradite born citizen of Lodamun! I and my government support freedom of citizens' right to assemble in public. But I'm asking you assemble in peace. NDP won last 2 elections holding majority in Presidium. This sends signal to me that people of Lodamun want to see Mr. Ravel face a trial. However if you disagree with my policy you will have chance to say your opinion in next election on March 4170. Thank you for listening! Best to you and Lodamun!

President Bennet shows list of murdered people that Mr. Ravel is accused of
Paul Hewlett

Postby M13 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:12 am

And what with Kregon?
February 3, 4168

Former LNC chairman Luk Gorky has welcomed us in his appartment in Port Golavia. He is the only link with the press and his close friend Andrej Marks. Marks sounds the alarmbell one final time. The Governor of Kregon can no longer control his Province, Gorky said.
Since September last year, the Province of Kregon has been restless. One of the reasons is the arrest of Kovari Ravel. With a proposal by the ruling party, citizens see Mr. Ravel's extradition come reality. But that's not the only reason.
Luk Gorky has retired from politics, but he is willing to discuss the matter Kregon with us.
"For months the people of Kregon live in fear. The streets are not safe, most of the industry has been shut down which causes poverty and famine. The people of Kregon no longer believe in this government, they feel as if they have been abandoned. Their voice is not being heared. Extradition of Mr. Ravel is against the law, and even if the government changes that law, people of Kregon still think that law would be broken. Our citizens have always known a government that protected its citizens, and now a lot has changed. It seems to me that this is the beginning of the end for this government."
What will happen with Kregon? The situation is getting out of hand, and the government will have to act if they want peace to return in our once so glorious nation.
"There have been issues with Kregon before. Kregon was separatist, but the ruling of Nationalist parties have ensured that these citizens again respected the Nationalist values of unity. For the last decade, Kregon has proven to be the most Nationalist Province. But then again, they have lost the feeling with the rest of the nation. This means that the government is jeopardizing the unity of our nation. Only this time, the Nationalists have lost faith in their leaders."
Andrej Marks says he no longer is able to control his Province. The citizens no longer accept or obey the law changes made by the ruling party. He says that the actions made by the government and those made in Kregon are isolating his Province from the rest of the Republic. He also blames the President for giving a very bad signal towards the people: "By saying that Ravel wasn't born in Lodamun, but was granted citizenship is the same as declaring that there are different levels of citizenship. Lodamun has always been a nation that supported its citizens, whether they were born here or had been granted citizenship by accepting and embracing our culture and way of life. I believe the President would better apologize, if he doesn't want a civil war in his nation."
Lodamese Royalists
M13

Postby Paul Hewlett » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:55 pm

Paul Hewlett

Postby M13 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:45 am

Credibility gone
January 4169

Andrej Marks asks the government to react and intervene in his Province. He has lost all authority and has been exhiled to our nation's capital. He says he can no longer control his Province, since there are fractions that demand the resignation of the President while others demand the resignation of both President and Ministers.
Since last year, a large group of citizens in Kregon do no longer follow the government. They refuse to obey the laws and stopped paying their taxes. A group, calling themselves the 'Real Democratic Republic' wants elections as soon as possible. They want the resignation of the Cabinet, official apologies from the President and set back of laws as they were 3 years ago. One of the leaders stated that these people are very disappointed in the government and that the extradition of Kotari Ravel was an inexcusable mistake. If the government refuses their demands, they will have elections in Kregon themselves and will form their own government.
Andrej Marks said that it is not too late yet, but there is hardly any time left.
Lodamese Royalists
M13

PreviousNext

Return to National News