Lodamun

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: News from Lodamun

Postby M13 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:35 pm

Wolts devestated
March 2, 4337

Presidential candidate for LNC Kristof Wolts is devastated by the result of the elections yesterday. He was disappointed in the votes his party got in Kregon, yet he states to be glad that a large amount of votes went to UDHFU, a party with important supporters of the farmer community in Kregon. Wolts announced not to be involved in politics any further. He will continue his tasks as UFK spokesman.
"I am very disappointed. I really thought I had a chance on winning the Presidentials. For what it is worth: I have the deepest respect for Mr. Takon and I believe he will be a very good President. When we take a look at the overall result of the election, we can state that the current coalition is broken, which opens perspectives." Kristof Wolts looked tired, exhausted even. These final words was his official goodbye. He retires from politics completely.
His daughter Annie, currently Representative of the party, took some time to talk to her father and comfort him. She will also propose a new coalition to the Presidium: "As opposition parties, both PLUP and LNC lost a lot of seats in the Presidium. Yet we are confident that UDHFU will grant us its cooperation and support, which gives us a majority in Presidium. We are still talking to the parties represented in Presidium, but we can already say that LNC insists on holding the two traditional departments and also has an option for the position of Prime Minister."
Lodamese Royalists
M13

Postby tracemanxp » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:40 am

Cabinet Passed Despite Presidium Vacancy
NGPoL demands early elections, citing constitutional violation
June 4, 4348

The Lodamese Nationalist Committee and Pro Lodamunese Unitarian Party Coalition has voted on a new Cabinet, despite there being ten seats in the Presidium that were vacant due to the departure of the Lodamun Freedom Party. New Green Party of Lodamun Chairman Lester Horon pointed out to the legislative body that doing this without first holding an early election to fill the vacancy was in direct violation of Article 7, Subsection 5 of the Lodamese Constitution(http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=510476). Speaking for the New Green Party of Lodamun, Horon says that he will not recognize the cabinet that was voted on and demands that early elections be held as soon as possible in accordance of Article 7 Subsection 5 of the nation's constitution.

"We will only recognize a cabinet that is voted on in accordance to the law of the land! We, as well as the LNC and others, have followed this law since its inception 159 years ago and there is no reason we should stop following it now! Even a small vacancy shows that there is a part of our nation that is not being represented and we cannot have that!"

Horon put forth a motion in the Presidium for early elections, hoping that the issue be resolved as soon as possible.
Lodamese Democratic Progressive Party - Commonwealth of Lodamun ACTIVE
New Progressive Party of Pontesi - Serenissima Res Publica Pontesiae (Pontesi) INACTIVE
Hutorian Greens - Commonwealth of Hutori INACTIVE
tracemanxp

Postby M13 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:47 pm

Wolts steps out of life
September 3, 4348

Just days after the elections, former President Kristof Wolts has chosen to leave this life. He was 71 years old and became known to the public in 4313 when he was elected Representative for LNC.
Wolts had announced to quit politics once more. He already did that once, but made a comeback when asked to run as Presidential candidate for the coalition partners LNC and PLUP. He did rally for Dean Vonders, but the electorate found Lester Horton more suitable for the position. Kristof handed over the key to his office to vice-President Vonders, who now has the duty to pass it to the new President elect. The LNC family is devastated, but understands the decision of a good Gorkyist.
Lodamese Royalists
M13

Postby M13 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Annie Wolts makes a step back
March 26, 4349

Prime Minister Annie Wolts has announced to step back from office soon. She has lead the Government during the last decade. The death of her father, former President Wolts, has influenced her decision.
"It was an honour serving the people of Lodamun, not in the least during the last period when my father held the office of President. But it is now time to quit. Now is the time to invest some time in my family." Annie Wolts is happy to end her function under the current circumstances. "We have made some changes in Lodamun, we have helped all of our citizens to get a better life. Now it is up to the next generation to cherish what they received and to make Lodamun even better than it currently is. I can leave the office with the reassurance that my successor, Mr. Vonders, will do a hell of a job. Coalition talks with PLUP are in their final stage and I believe that we will be able to present a new Cabinet not later than next week."
Annie had a wonderful political carreer, but there still is one thing she would like to change: "I have seen my father being elected President of the Republic, yet I know he was quite reluctant to accept his candidacy for office. He prefers the way those before us used. And I believe it would be a privilege to change the electorate system of teh executive back to what it was."
Annie Wolts will remain Representative of LNC, that is if no one wishes to challenge her.
Lodamese Royalists
M13

Postby M13 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:20 pm

Wolts no longer Representative
October 4, 4354

Former Prime Minister Annie Wolts has announced in a press meeting that she has stepped down as Representative of LNC today. She will be replaced by the relatively unknown Freek Dejonghe. He was the only candidate for the position.
Wolts led the party for just over 20 years. Yet she feels as if the time has come to pass over the rudder of the party to a young force. It will be 34 year old Freek Dejonghe. He has been working in the Wolts Cabinet for a few years now and is said to be the coming man in politics. Paulo Mrazni, Minister of Education and Culture, would also quit politics. He will probably wait till after next elections.
Lodamese Royalists
M13

Postby Masionette9 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:59 pm

VALRUZIAN PRESS AGENCY FOREIGN EDITION
CoS & GI: SELEYAN COUNTRIES SHOULD PURSUE THE PATH OF FURTHER INTEGRATION
Nowogard, September 4364

Original Article: CoS & GI: SELEYAN COUNTRIES SHOULD PURSUE THE PATH OF FURTHER INTEGRATION

Gloria Iustitia's new headquarters (building in the center) in Nowogard, Valruzia.

NOWOGARD - In what seems to be the first official document issued jointly by human rights and democracy organization Gloria Iustitia, and the Council of Seleya which is aimed at preservation of multicultural characteristics of the Seleyan continent and at the same time monitor the state of democracy, human rights and the rule of law, diplomats from the Council of Seleya and lawyers from Gloria Iustitia say that Seleyan Union should work out the future shape of the Seleyan Union. Gloria Iustitia praised the legacy of the Seleyan Union which in the last couple decades became one of the top three areas on Terra where democracy is respected and citizens of Seleyan Union can enjoy peaceful life outside of any life-endangering conflict. In the document called "Seleya: Agenda for future and peace 4400" Gloria Iusitia and Council of Seleya point out that in recent decades the Seleyan Union which represents saw an unprecedented economic growth and according to the authors of the document, that is the result of closer economic cooperation on the continent and taking down economic barriers between member states. Council of Seleya highlights the importance of the Aloboro Agreement which, despite Valruzia and Alduria are the only participants, significantly affected the economic cooperation between the two countries, especially in the automotive. CoS underlines the fact that the Agreement contributes to growth in all sectors of the economy and especially in services, as with no border controls people are most likely to travel throughout Seleya. According to the document, Valruzian Ministry of Internal Affairs claims that average annual number of Aldurian tourists visiting Valruzia is 230 thousand, while the National Office for Statistical Research about 310 thousand of Valruzians visit Alduria every year. When compared with numbers before the Agreement came into force, we can see that they are roughly twice as high without the border patrols. Both Valruzian and Aldurian tourist industry benefits greatly every year thanks to the Alboro Agreement, in both countries the recent decades of saw increase in the total number of hotels and resorts and both quantitative and qualitative growth of the tourist and leisure infrastructure. In Valruzia tourist and leisure services make up a total of 8.9% of the total GDP which is relatively high result in north Seleya.

CoS and GI point out that extreme, nationalist political parties tend to undermine or distort the achievements of the Seleyan Union and tend to overuse the claim that it limits the sovereignty of the Member States. Gloria Iustitia points out that no article in the Treaty on the Seleyan Union limits the political might of any Member State and that all 12 Member States can enjoy the same rights within the community and are free to leave the organization. Economists from Gloria Iustitia highlight that in order to sustain the economic growth of the whole region, Member States will have to sit down together and work out additional protocols or declaration which will reform the current union. One of the proposed solutions is an increased level of economic freedom by establishing a pan-seleyan corporate status for companies that are able and are willing to operate on the territory of Seleyan Union and that their services and operations will have transborder character. Gloria Iustitia point out that the Valruzian government have tried to establish such solution back in 4327 with the Seleyan Petroleum Company - the planned company was supposed to have a unique corporate identity and could be the first ever Societas Seleyanea - allowing it to operate on the territory of the whole Seleyan Union and to be the subject to a special procedures in countries it operates. I could be said that currently, companies like Bonning and Reglair are the closest to what the Valruzian Government wanted to implement more than 30 years ago despite they operate as Valruzian corporate entities, and are subject to Valruzian internal taxation. Creation of such ventures could allow for the creation of the Union's budget which could be used for structural programmes for underdeveloped regions in the Seleyan Union and as subsidies for development programmes of the Member States' governments.
Party of National Coalition (Valruzia) - active
Kalistan Democratic Party (Kalistan) - inactive
Masionette9

Postby M13 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:52 pm

Freek Dejonghe disappears from main stage
March 15, 4365

Barely 2 weeks after the elections, President Dejonghe has announced his resignation as LNC Representative and his retirement from politics. LNC has elected a new Representative today.
"I blame myself and no one but myself for this massive defeat during the most recent elections. Few people showed up to vote, but still, LNC hasn't profiled itself good enough during the last 4 years. I have erred, I am to blame. I'm sorry I let you all down and therefore I hope you will accept my resignation as party Representative." President Dejonghe clearly didn't process the loss of his party yet: "NGPoL has proposed a new Cabinet to the Presidium, and I'm sure their proposal will pass. In a few weeks I will no longer be President of the Republic. Probably Patton Deneel will succeed me. I wish him the best of luck."
New Representative of the party will be Loremie Michiels, a 37 year old medical doctor. She was elected by 81% of votes, while her opponent Ian Destaercke only got 16%. She has promised to return to the Nationalist path LNC was on a few decades ago: "President Dejonghe has done a fine job as leader of the nation, but as Representative he allowed LNC to stray towards the political center. We promise our voters Nationalist values, we promise them security, we will give them pride."
Lodamese Royalists
M13

Postby Masionette9 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:38 pm

Party of National Coalition (Valruzia) - active
Kalistan Democratic Party (Kalistan) - inactive
Masionette9

Postby tracemanxp » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:04 am

Republic of Zardugal's Foreign Minister Visits Lodamun
Ministers Discuss Better Relations
November 23, 4372

As part of Zardugal Foreign Minister Abraam Vakhvakhishvili's five nation tour, he met with Lodamun Foreign Minister Lester Horon at the nation's capital in Port Golavia. Despite tensions between the two nations in years past, the ministers held talks on bringing the nations closer together. The meeting was a successful one as progress was made to bridge the formerly hostile states together. President Deneel was pleased with the talks, stating that he is glad that foreign relations between the two nations are moving forward in a positive way and that he is looking forward to more good diplomacy with Zardugal in the future.
Lodamese Democratic Progressive Party - Commonwealth of Lodamun ACTIVE
New Progressive Party of Pontesi - Serenissima Res Publica Pontesiae (Pontesi) INACTIVE
Hutorian Greens - Commonwealth of Hutori INACTIVE
tracemanxp

Postby M13 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:12 pm

'We're on our way to a dark era'
March 27, 4377

Governor of the Province of Andalay Andreij Gorky is warning the federal politicians for a devastating outcome of their recent border security changes. He believes such actions can lead to a period of insecurity and fear and is creating a potential hazard for our national democracy. He is trying to get through to the MP, especially those of his own fraction LNC, but also those of the ruling party NGPoL.
'The law changes that were passed a decade ago already have an impact on our national politics, but I'm afraid that most politicians and even most of the people don't want to see that. Obviously these changes have got some positive effects, but one can not negate that our nation is putting its personality at stake. There has been interference from other nations, which might not seem obvious at first, but I can assure the public that these interferences exist. And that is not the strength of the Lodamun I grew up in,' Andreij states.
He has been talking to the party Representative Mrs. Michiels and asked her to intervene by handing in bills to change these weaknesses. He urges the chairman of NGPoL to do the same: 'NGPoL wouldn't be admitting they were wrong making these changes, but one should act forthe best interest of the nation.'
Lodamese Royalists
M13

PreviousNext

Return to National News