Lodamun

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: News from Lodamun

Postby JuliaAJA » Wed May 13, 2009 5:10 am

The largest party of Beiteynu wishes Mr. Kynes a quick and expediant recovery.

The Terran Union for Schultzism wishes Mr. Kynes a quick and expediant recovery.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Afrocentric » Wed May 13, 2009 7:01 pm

President Aaron Reynolds of Kirlawa wishes Mr. Kynes a quick recovery.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby YankeeHater » Wed May 13, 2009 10:00 pm

Ex-President May Be Poisoned, Death Likely

ASTORIA CITY, HOBRAZIA (LBC) -- According to reports from Hobrazia, an unknown Lodamese citizen entered the United Republics Party headquarters in Astoria City claiming he poisoned former Lodamese President Kynes and demanded a URP bounty placed on the heads of Liberal party leaders many years ago. URP leader Matt Diggory refused to release the man's identity, however he confirmed that the URP will honor the bounty pending confirmation and "a happy and complete outcome."

The type of poison reportedly used is well known for its strength and should have killed Kynes by now. This indicates usage of a small or diluted dose unlikely to result in death for most, but would for Kynes whose declining health and advanced years are well known.
YankeeHater

Postby Mr.Yankees » Wed May 13, 2009 10:36 pm

Government Officials and Kynes family deny report of poisoning

Port Andalay, Andalay (LCN)- After reports surfaced that former President Kynes may have been poisoned, the Kynes family and government officials called a press conference. According to Murphy Jason, Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs, the reports "are a simply lie. This is an attempt by a few people to gain some visibility out there. The reports are not true and are clearly politically motivated."

Gregory Kynes, Foreign Affairs Minister called the reports "distasteful and dishonest." He added that the former President " is suffering from a heart condition that has ailed him for many, many years. Saying that he was poisoned is simply absurd. I expect a public apology from those who published this report. This is not the time to be playing such nefarious games."

According to the family, the former President is "hanging in there."

No new reports of his health have been disclosed.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu May 14, 2009 9:25 pm

President Kynes attacks Voronan investigation

Port Andalay, Andalay (LCN)- At a press conference today, President Kynes was quick to attack the investigation conducted by the government of Vorona. "It is simply preposterous to think that we have a dictatorship. Their investigation is bogus. First, it is quite difficult to become top government officials or assistants to top government officials. I know that for a fact. Even if they had gained such positions, they would not have seen anything that they claim has happened. There is no police persecution, there is no torture, there is no violence. We do not need to use those methods. We allow the opposition to clearly express itself. We have no need to shut them down. Their failed policies speak for themselves and the people have chosen us year after year.

The elections have always had international observers and there is no need for us to do anything illegal. The people have chosen us over and over because we do the right things for this country.

The allegations of police violence is simply disgusting and highly offending to this country and to our people. Everyone knows those are just lies. We ask for a much deserved apology from the government of Vorona for their insulting and untruthful report."

With those words, the President quickly walked out of the room without allowing the reporters to ask any questions.

We will keep you updated in this developing situation.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun May 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Former President Jonathan Kynes Dies at age 91

Port Andalay, Andalay (LCN)-

August 2nd, 2757 11:05 am: LCN has learned that former President Jonathan Kynes has passed away. Family and close friends were all standing by his bed side as the former President passed away. President Kynes is the only family member currently not at the house. Our deepest and most sincere condolences go out to the Kynes family and the citizens of Lodamun.

August 2nd, 2757 2:00pm: Correspondents outside the Kynes family report frantic movement by Secret Service and other personnel. President Kynes is expected to arrive at the Kynes House very soon.

The Kynes family has issued the following press release:

"Today, former President Jonathan Kynes passed away. He was a great man with great conviction who even before his death would not give up. He was surrounded by friends and family. We want to thank everyone for their prayers and wishes of recovery. Thank you."

Secret Service and Local Police making preparation for arrival of President Kynes

August 2nd, 2757 3:15pm: President Kynes has just arrived to the Kynes family house. According to the Office of the President, the President has canceled all meetings for the next two days. The Presidential Office has also reported that a decree will soon be released delaring August 6th as a National Day of Mourning. As tradition states, we can expect that to be the day of the State Funeral here at the capital.

President Kynes surprised by the amount of reporters present outside the Kynes family house

August 2nd, 2757 7:00pm: National Day of Mourning has been declared for August 6th. Flags will be flown at half-staff for the rest of the month.

The Kynes family has also confirmed that the State Funeral will begin on August 6th.

August 6th, 2757 3:10am: Security measures in Port Andalay at the highest. Local Police, NBI agents, Secret Service, and soldiers from the military are providing the security for the event. As expected by many, the casket carrying former President Kynes will depart from the President Palace through the North Entrance and make the long 4-mile journey to the Grand Plaza. From there, it will be transported to the Parliament Building, where it will lie on state for approximately thirty hours. After the eulogies and events are over, the public will be allowed to say one last good-bye to the beloved President. The State Funeral will begin shortly after 8:00am at the North Entrance of the Presidential Palace, where the former President has been lying in repose for the past two days.

Thousands of people have gathered throughout Port Andalay to be witness to this event. Foreign Diplomats and Heads of State are going to be present as well, most notoriously, Zardugal's Foreign Affairs Minister Edward Rawlins, longtime friend and colleague of the former President.

Among those who will be giving eulogies are: President Kynes, Vice President Johnson, Former Vice President Roland Lincoln, Foreign Affairs Minister Gregory Kynes, and Zardugal's Foreign Affairs Minister Edward Rawlins.

OOC: More to come later
Mr.Yankees

Postby JuliaAJA » Mon May 18, 2009 1:09 am

The members of the DSPB wish they could've been there, but did not recieve notice. We will hold vigils in Beiteynu.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Mr.Yankees » Wed May 20, 2009 6:32 am

President Kynes submits new Cabinet proposal to Parliament

Port Andalay, Andalay (LCN)- After Prime Minister James Johnson announced last month that he would retire as soon as a replacement for his position was found, the President's Office went into overdrive.

Today at a press conference, President Kynes announced the new Cabinet.

"We have being working very hard to find a replacement for the Honorable James Johnson. Believe me, replacing Mr. Johnson is not only difficult but impossible. He has served this country for countless of years as Minister of Justice and as Prime Minister. He will certainly be missed by everyone. I would like to personally congratulate him on his excellent work as a public servant throughout this years. I have talked with my Cabinet members, my aides, leaders of Parliament, and the leaders of the different political parties and I have reached a final decision as to who will become our next Prime Minister. I plan to nominate Mr. Luccas Lincoln as our new Prime Minister. Mr. Lincoln has served for many years as Minister of Defense. He has shown great leadership and has the necessary skills to occupy the Office of the Prime Minister.

I would also like to congratulate Mr. Frederick D. Holmes in his countless years of hard work as our Minister of Trade and Industry. We will also miss him. I have decided to nominate Mark Kynes, my son, as the new Minister of Trade and Industry.

Since our current Defense Minister, Luccas Lincoln, will become our next Prime Minister, I have decided, after days of negotiations, to nominate a member of the Free Peoples Leftist Party to replace Mr. Lincoln as our new Defense Minister. The FPLP has two highly qualified candidates and in the next couple of days, I will be making my final decision as to who I will nominate for that post.

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much for coming this evening."

Just minutes after the announcements by President Kynes, the debate over the Internet, TV, and radio was in full swing. We will bring you the finest panel of experts at the top of the hour to discuss this and other matters.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Rumbold90 » Sun May 24, 2009 2:12 am

Religious Sect Forms Political Party, Promises "Moral and Governmental Reform"

Last week, a small religious group in the north of Kregon announced that they were forming a political party to "further the cause of Rengheed in Lodamun and around the world." The leader, Joseph Sionla (who styles himself as Rengheedra) was born in Kolos, and went to University with majors in theology and philosophy. In 2756, he and some followers founded The Church of Divine Rengheed (a strict group that believes in public seperation of the sexes). He also created a language that his followers are required to learn. The language (known as Sionla) is used during the church's services.

"We are ready to follow God's law. We will use our political power to teach the Twelve Principles throughout all of of Lodamun. The purpose of our party is to re-create a moral society, and create a theocracy where God is in-charge." said Mr. Sionla.

Rengheed, translated from Sionla to Enlgish, means purity. The "ra" at the end of Mr. Sionla's title signifies his status as a teacher, and as as respectable member of the community. Some members of the group feel that the government will not welcome a political party that is affiliated with a religious group, especially a sect. However, Mr. Sionla feels confident that The Church of Divine Rengheed will do well.
United Worker's Front
Mordusia
Rumbold90

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun May 24, 2009 11:53 am

President Kynes and others announce retirement

Port Andalay, Andalay (LCN)- In what turned out to be one of the most interesting and motivated press conferences, President Kynes and other cabinet members announced their retirement.

Earlier today, President Kynes confirmed the rumors that had been circulating for about two weeks; she is retiring. "Today, I want you to be the first to know. I will be retiring come January of 2760" she said to reporters present at the conference. "I have given my share of time to this country that I love so much. Now, I am going to be a bit selfish and enjoy my life. I hope no one gets mad at me. I will miss the job. I will miss serving the people of Lodamun but as my father once said 'Lodamun is in good hands'" she added.

Long-time Finance Minister Jenna Kynes also announced her retirement. "I see numbers everywhere now" she joked with reporters. "It is time for me to move on and allowed fresher minds to come into the picture" she added.

Prime Minister Luccas Lincoln and Minister of Education Julia Kynes-Marshall also announced their retirement.

Minutes after the announcement by the President, the out-going National Chairman of the Liberal Party, Patricia K. Johnson II, issued the following statement:

"President Kynes has served this nation honorably and with great vigor. We congratulate her in her accomplishments and thank her for the great service she provided to our nation and our citizens. We are in great debt. We would also like to thank Prime Minister Lincoln, Finance Minister Kynes, and Education Minister Kynes-Marshall for their hard work and service to our country. The Liberal Party will decide upon a new nominee for the President Office in the upcoming meeting. We will make further announcements when appropriate. Thank you."

Most analysts agree that the Liberal Party will choose Gregory Kynes as their new nominee for the high office.

We will keep you updated on this issue as it develops.
Mr.Yankees

PreviousNext

Return to National News