News from Lodamun

Re: News from Lodamun

Postby M13 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:40 am

Walewski cautious about changes
February 4, 4389

With President Johnson in office the reign of NGPoL has finally come to an end. This is what Professor Walewski called for, but he remains cautious about the future. The coalition of LNC and FPL might be the start of a new era, but it might end catastrophically.
"We know LNC has unsuccessfully tried to take over from NGPoL for a mere 20 years and now they finally did. With the help of the young FPL anyway. And that should be a good thing. The threats I was warning about are most certainly to be undone in the nearby future. But I hope this cooperation will not end in an exageration of measures." Professor Walewski says he knew this was going to happen, but that he underestimated the result and the role of the Fascist Party. He says that even LNC must have thought about this twice: "LNC tried to offer NGPoL a place in a partywide coalition under control of President Mideen, which they refused. Reason was that NGPoL refused to work together with the Fascists. In my opinion NGPoL makes a huge statement here, but they have lost any feeling with the Cabinet doing so. They can now only hope that the electorate will remember that during next elections."
LNC could have worked together with NGPoL, who still is the largest fraction, but maybe, making their point, they chose not to get in coalition with a party they critisized for so long. The only valid option for LNC was FPL: "LNC and FPL share several points of interest, but then again there are some significant differences. I hope these differences will matter for the best."

Loremie Michiels, LNC Representative, also commented the choice of her party: "We gave it a long thought, and we decided a coalition with FPL is the best for our program as well as for the sake of Lodamun. I understand the fear of some, but there is no need to. We know that President Johnson and his fellow politicians will do a good job. They will grow in their functions during the process and both of our parties can promise that we will constructively add to the wealth and wellbeing in our glorious nation."
2nd Great Democratic Republic of Lodamun
M13

Re: News from Lodamun

Postby M13 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:29 am

Gorky takes over from Michiels
January 4393

Loremie Michiels has chosen to resign as Representative of her party. Members elected Andreij Gorky as her successor.
"We were unlucky!", Gorky said. "Loremie has worked very hard for the party and we should thank her for that. She did a great job during the twenty years our party was in opposition, and then managed to get us back in Cabinet. Again, luck was not on our side and we bounced back to the opposition after just one term."
Andreij Gorky, former Minister of Foreign Affairs and former Governor, was very clear on his vision for the future: "We are a family, we are a party for the families. We would like to get rid of useless and injust laws. LNC will make sure our economy gets another boost. My plan on international matters is clear and simple. We should resign from any treaty or agreement that limits our sovereignity and our power and we should tighten our relations with our neighbouring nations. It is my goal to get us back in office after the next elections, after which we can start planning new treaties with other nations. Treaties that will not limit our powers and that will create a win-win situation for all nations involved."
2nd Great Democratic Republic of Lodamun
M13

Previous

Return to International News