National News - Terran Global News Wire

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Terran Global News Wire (POST SHORT REPORTS AND PLOT POINTS)

Postby CCP » Mon May 14, 2018 2:18 pm

UkI Floats $50 Billion FDI Bid for Vanuku Defense Assets as Part of Vrnhmel's Privatization Scheme

• Hawu Mumenhes weapons technology manufacturer Umkhiqizi ka Izikali is currently bidding to acquire $50 billion worth of newly privatized Vanuku defense industry companies and other assets. This comes on the heels of Vanuku Finance Minister Ershébef Trmékez's budget speech in which she announced an expansion of the prior administration's privatization policies. The $50 billion foreign direct investment would target newly privatized defense industry firms as the Zhtál government seeks to draw down state defense expenditures to shore up the economy following increased security costs during the monarchical restoration. The acquired companies would be owned by UkI but would continue to operate within Vanuku borders and subject to Vanuku government regulation and oversight. UkI deal makers are currently awaiting Vanuku regulators' approval of the purchase. (February 4393)
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby November » Tue May 22, 2018 7:07 pm

STUDENT RIOTS IN COBURA: ARMY KILLS DOZENS OF PROTESTERS
Anti-government rallies emerge as government tries to violently knock down protests
viewtopic.php?p=133928#p133928
November

Postby CCP » Thu May 24, 2018 11:15 am

Hawu Ambassador to Minister Calenda: Hawu Mumenhes also Wishes to put the Matter Behind Us so long as Istalia does not Buy and Sell Human Beings

• The Hawu Mumenhes Ambassador to Istalia spoke briefly with reporters following an urgent summons by the Istalian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Simone Calenda. 'What I said to Minister Calenda is that President Morrison ordered the attack on the Istalian ship to prevent anyone from engaging in any slave trade transactions of any kind,' the Ambassador said. 'The policy of the Esinsundu Empire is that no one may engage in sale or purchase of human beings no matter the purpose or motives. Hawu Mumenhes has always understood that President Massa negotiated the deal with the best intentions of removing Saridan captives to safety. Unfortunately, by even offering cash in exchange for liberty, President Massa sent the signal that it is legitimate to buy and sell people and that kidnappers can hold persons hostage for cash ransoms. Other Terran governments have tried such tactics during past slavery crises in hopes of ending enslavement without bloodshed. But it did not work because the Saridan and Narik regimes have learned that by shedding the blood of their citizens, they can continue enslaving people and be rewarded for it,' the Ambassador explained. 'I was therefore ordered to respectfully insist that the action by the Hawu Mumenhes admirals in Seleya was not in any way disproportionate. No civilian or soldier was harmed and we successfully demonstrated that slave trading is a capital crime that will be dealt with punitively and decisively no matter who the parties are,' the Ambassador concluded.

Asked if Hawu-Istalian relations would normalize following the skirmish, the Ambassador was hopeful. 'We believe they can and we hope they will. Istalia is a close ally of Hawu Mumenhes and a critical force for good in the international system. The embassy and the political leadership in Nekhatw are working overtime to put this matter behind us as Minister Calenda said so that Hawu Mumenhes and Istalia can both return to the fight against slavery as allies. However, that can only occur if the Romula government forswears any dabbling in buying and selling human beings.'

As the Ambassador departed, one reporter shouted a question about conspiracy theories swirling in Istalia surrounding the isolation of the Istalian research ship. 'I have been directed to refer all questions to the office of President Massa who leads the Istalian military.' Asked if the Hawu Mumenhes government was made aware that the ship would be alone when the Hawu Mumenhes Navy arrived, the Ambassador was unforthcoming. 'I can neither confirm or deny that. I can simply say that President Morrison and Minister Turner have remained in contact with the Istalian government throughout the conflict. For any further clarification, I must direct you to President Massa's office,' the Ambassador said. (mid-to-late 4380s-ish, contemporary with the introduction of slavery and concentration camps in Saridan)
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
CCP

Postby Axxell » Fri May 25, 2018 4:29 pm

Istalian Foreign Minister reassures Vanuku on the nature of the Alliance

With a brief comment released during a conference held by the Minister at the Enrico Bergson University, Simone Calenda has responded to the concerns expressed by the Vanukean Foreign Minister about the risk that the Alliance could limit the sovereignty of his nation.
Calenda underlined the veritable nature of the Alliance, which was not created as a starting point for the creation of a supranational state. As can well be deduced from the name, it is an Alliance and an integrated common market.
Obviously, there are obligations towards the member states, the Alliance was founded in the name of democracy, tolerance and human rights, and for this reason measures will always be taken if one of the Alliance's governments were to act in contrast with these principles. What does the Alliance ask? Avoid persecution based on skin color, political or religious faith; allow the free expression of their citizens; respect the rule of law.
For a nation that infringes all this, membership in this supranational organization would really be the last of its problems, and I do not think it is the case of the Kingdom of Vanuku, indeed really far from the obscure regime that had become the former republic.
We can not guarantee that the sovereignty of Vanuku will not be undermined in any way, but we must also understand that any nation, joining any kind of supranational organization, agrees to partially limit its sovereignty to respect the established agreements and principles.
But in the case of the Alliance, it has long been proven that members are left with a high degree of freedom and that commitments to the organization and other members are indeed something that can be easily addressed.
I do not think it is too much to ask a nation not to fall in the dictatorship and in totalitarianism!
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Cirith » Mon May 28, 2018 10:29 pm

Governor General of Luthori Writes Open Letter to Terran Nations

To the Nations of Terra,

http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... reatyid=59

We call on the Nations of Terra to sign and ratify the Global Emancipation Treaty. A simple, but extremely old Treaty which clearly states members shall never engage in the practice of human slavery, nor to allow any trade whatsoever in slavery.

We hope you will sign up to this, we know nearly all nations already oppose

Regards,

Marquis Samuel Weston
Governor General of the Holy Luthori Empire
White Rose of the Holy Luthori Empire

Player since 2700!

Parti Conservateur Royaliste in the Kingdom of Lourenne until 3000
Parti Conservateur Royaliste of the Royaume de Kanjor until 4400
Cirith

Postby CCP » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:22 pm

No Saridan Naval Vessels will be Permitted to Enter the Sea of Lost Souls says Hawu Mumenhes Admiral

• Hawu Mumenhes Navy Rear Admiral Mpinkulu Nakht-Thmesie addressed recent reports of a rumored deployment of Saridan naval assets to the Sea of Lost Souls in response to increased tensions with Mordusia. 'The Sea of Lost Souls is under full control of the Imperial Navy which will soon be joined by the Istalian Navy to hold the sea zone,' the Rear Admiral said. 'Any Saridan vessel, whether military or commercial, found in Sea of Lost Souls waters will be disabled by surrender or force and all personnel will be arrested and imprisoned pending courts martial.'

Admiral Nakht-Thmesie also had stern words for the Zardic government. 'I am a sailor by profession, and so I leave the intricacies of diplomacy to the diplomats. But so far as any exchange of goods and services with Saridan from any source, the embargo will be enforced. I would strongly urge the Zardic government to evacuate its citizens working at Maksimuma offices here and I would also urge them to reconsider The Resolution of 4404 which will only serve to inflame this conflict unnecessarily,' the Admiral declared. The warning came in response to announcements by Zardugal government officials that closer relations with Saridan are being pursued despite the ongoing international sanctions against the Seleyan country. (mid-to-late 4380s-ish, contemporary with the introduction of slavery and concentration camps in Saridan)
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
CCP

Postby Cirith » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:10 pm

Foreign Secretary of Luthori Praises Narikaton

To the Nations of Terra,

It is with great pleasure and for the good of Terra we acknowledge that Ewiges Thalleristisches Reich von Narikaton has now abolished slavery and the trade in people. Resolution 58 worked as it was meant too, and we thank them, our neighbours.

The Republic of Saridan is now the only nation in Terra which allows this heinous crime to go unpunished, and even endorsed by the Government of Saridan. Resolution 57 remains in force and we hope the nations of Terra will join us in this condemnation, and action to liberate the people of Saridan.

Regards,

Sharon Stinson
Foreign Secretary of the Holy Luthori Empire
White Rose of the Holy Luthori Empire

Player since 2700!

Parti Conservateur Royaliste in the Kingdom of Lourenne until 3000
Parti Conservateur Royaliste of the Royaume de Kanjor until 4400
Cirith

Postby The Tea Party » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:33 am

Last edited by The Tea Party on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Tea Party

Postby The Tea Party » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:48 am

SEA OF LOST SOULS WERE A SET UP, PHIL HOLLOWAY REVEALS

Phil Holloway, International Affairs Commentator

Famous international affairs analyst and commentator Phil Holloway, has revealed that Saridan faked the bombing of fake Naval Ships, costing them 1 Million SAD. In his review, Holloway suggested a number of reasons as to why Staatspresident Spencer would fake a militant event:

”It’s a false alarm, the whole thing was a fake folks! I have analysed Saridan’s photos and military reports- they’re faker than my smile whenever I meet with loony politicians! The conflict was obviously set up by the Saridani Government at a cost of between 500,000 SAD to 1,000,000 SAD- and we don’t really know why and I can’t tell you the real reason however, there are three reasons which I believe were why Spencer did it.”

The first is due to slight instability in Saridan, Spencer has lost a bit of support than when he first came to power. If this actually occurred, the Staatspresident would be a real military hero and would see praises increase tremendously and it has because the Government has censored all media sources- what Spencer says, goes. It’s a really scary thing and we’re not really sure what they’re making of us foreigners.

Now, a separate reason could be to turn other countries against Hawu, which is the most unlikely force behind Spencer’s strange move. If Hawu was seen as aggressive, he might’ve thought that maybe some Slavery Sympathisers would turn in favour of him, stronger. But I highly doubt it.

The final reason that I’m going to suggest, there are countless other conspiracies out there, is to push tension further so that Mordusia makes the first move. If they do, Spencer already has at least 50 people working out strategies to counter every move and so it puts em’ in a slight position of power, it sounds like a strange tactic but it just may work...

We’ll see how this plays out but just keep in mind that the attack was a fake.
The Tea Party

Postby Occam » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:09 pm

Pontesi set to defy World Council on Budget Office
April 4406

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=30&start=460#p134942
Permanently gone.
Occam

PreviousNext

Return to National News