Kazulia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Kazulias Nyheter

Postby MedwedianPresident » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:14 am

Sklenger confirmed as governor of Hent, orders IMMEDIATE EXECUTION of 22 capital convicts
Hardliner known for desire to “eradicate all filth” - Constitutional judge Frederiksen: “We’re currently checking what could be done”

It has been confirmed that Gustav Sklenger, the leader of the NPC’s Hent chapter, will become governor of the Fylke today, on the 14th of July. The ultranationalist party, which had is very active in Hent and Kelvon, especially in the border regions, has acclaimed more than half of the 87 seats of the Hent regional parliament. Sklenger has threatened to boycott the parliament if he is not allowed to become governor, thus making it unable to take decisions according to Fylke-level law. All Fylke-level ministerial positions, except for two, will be occupied by NPC members.

Sklenger has announced that he has already signed an executive order, under which the 22 convicts currently serving life sentences for capital crimes in various prisons in Hent will be ordered to be executed by means of firing squad within a week.

The previous governor, non-affiliated Jakob Herbertsen, who was seen holding a protest speech in front of the regional administration today, has said that he is “extremely alarmed” and that Sklenger “can not be allowed to become the governor of this Fylke, and everything must be done to prevent it”.

The National Constitutional Court, headed by judge Mikul Frederiksen, is currently trying to find a possibility to stop what he calls “a disaster for democracy”. He demands that a national moratorium on the death penalty is signed.

Hent police chief, Colonel Peter Jørgensen, has stated that he “doesn’t want to cooperate” but has to on pain of a charge of insubordination, which has been threatened to him by Sklenger. All convicts in question will be transferred to the Verdalheim Central Penitenary tomorrow, where a firing squad is already being assembled, primarily consisting of volunteers of the local national guard. Sklenger has invited Statsminister Alexander Knivedalen to attend the execution so that he is sure that “all standards and procedures of humanity are guaranteed”.

Søren Stedmar
Last edited by MedwedianPresident on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
MedwedianPresident

Postby Alexak1209 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Prime Minister condemns the events in Hent
Prime minister Knivedalen in a press conference today

This is scandalously a party and a governor who kills his own residents. I do not want to blame those who voted for this so-called party but note my words they will turn this peaceful nation into a country not warring with other nations but with ourselves. They swear to fascism and will transform this proud country into a dictatorship. I promise you it will not happen on my guard.

I condemn fascism. I also condemn these actions and the governor who is a godless man.

This party says they are acting for the nation's best. NPC is the worst I've seen and heard.

I condemn all that matters with that party and do. I will follow what they are doing very carefully and closely.

This said Prime Minister Alexander Knivedalen in his press conference today early on the executions that the Governor of Hent announced today.

The government does not accept this is what the Knivedalen says in his speech, and the Minister of Justice spoke for a meeting he had with the Federal Constitutional Court.

After a meeting with the constitutional court, they have decided and accepted appeal from 19 of the now convicted prisoners. The 3 others had not asked for an appeal and then we can not do anything about this as it is now. However, according to the Constitution, the execution of the 19 other must wait to the court may look at the appeal requests that they will have in October.

Justice Minister Olsen at the press conference

One of the 22 prisoners he is one Marco Rodrigez brother of parliamentary member Stella Rodrigez representing Hent in the Storting. The DLK woman is one of those who protests outside the county house today.
Both she and her brother are children of Egelion immigrants.

Protest in Hent
Alexak1209

Postby Gus94edgar » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Kristiansen Breaks her Silence

OOC: Out of sync, backdated to just prior to election, so 17th March 4469

Hanna Kristiansen sits down with Bente Osen of Godmorgen Kazulmark

Live from the KRK studios in Skalm, Godmorgen Kazulmark. With us today, Hanna Kristiansen of Folkepartiet.

Interviewer: Thank you for being with us this morning Miss Kristiansen

Kristiansen: Thank you, it's a welcomed rest from a busy campaign period.

Interviewer: Yes indeed! The poll have Folkepartiet relatively steady, certainly in with a shot of retaining position as the largest party. It's looking good.

Kristiansen: Well, I would be an awful politician if I took too much comfort from polls - they usually come back to bite us pretty hard. However, I do think that the people of Kazulmark have seen the energy and passion with which Fp have stood up for Kazulmark this past term against the first pure-right government we have seen in a long while. I hope that turns into votes, but I'm not counting my chickens yet.

Interviewer: Well of course, of course. On that topic, however - and as this isn't a politics show, I think we're allowed to press on the subject - how has being that strong opposition coped with the other - shall we say - conflicts of interest in your life?

Kristiansen (smiling slyly): Conflicts of interests?

Interviewer: Well, Ms Kristiansen, I think you know as well as anyone what has been the talk of Skalm and the country this past term of parliament. I certainly hope the two of you don't think you have it under wraps.

audience laughs, as does Kristiansen

Kristiansen: Okay, yes, you've got me there. Listen, Alex and I are both professionals in what we do, and we are both able to make that separation between personal life and what we do in the halls of Stortinget. You know, every family out there has passionate political debate at some time, we all have disagreements, and it's the same for us. Though, in our case, those passionate debates take place over dinner and over the Stortinget benches. I can disagree with so much he does - and work hard to reverse then when and if I can - while still take the politics hat off at the end of the day. It's tough, for sure, but, well, worth it.

Interviewer: Well! I think everyone will be relieved to just finally get it out in the open! The two of you have been quite sneaky with it all.

Kristiansen: Well, it was never really intended that way. We are both just quite guarded with our personal lives, Alex has young kids, I have a less than young kid..

Interviewer: Who has is on the list at this year's election if I'm correct?

Kristiansen: Absolutely! Theis is on the list in Agatha, so take it from his mother that he'd be a great representative for you out there! What better endorsement that that?

Interviewer: I can think of no better! However, we are out of time for now, and I thank you for joining us! And good luck!

Kristiansen: Thank you.
Gus94edgar

Postby The Young Pope » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:04 pm

Patriarch Prestegard issues automatic excommunication of Apostolic NPC members
Patriarch Prestegard issuing live excommuniation edict from the Grand Cathedral

In a forceful tirade, Patriarch Ansgar issued today an excommunication edict as he held the Daily audience with Apostolic faithful from the balcony of the Grand Cathedral; it's mainly directed towards any Apostolic member of the fascist party 'National Purity Congress' (NPC) as well as barring anyone from joining said party lest they'd like to receive automatic excommunication as well. This marks the Patriarch's first known political stance, which shouldn't come as a surprise.

The Patriarch held simultaneously a sermon which detailed the rise of evil forces in Kazulia once more, this time coming from an ideology that should've been considered to be 'dead and obsolete" as well as calling out the party's hypocrisy surrounding their support of Hosianism whilst failing to live up to the religion's standards and breaking several of the faith's fundamental principles by advocating for heretical policies that were seemed to be crafted by the Dark Lord himself, including eugenics and the fact that a NPC governor ordered the immediate execution of 22 prisoners. He stressed the importance of "not letting one's self get fooled by individuals that offer illogical and simple solutions to complex problems", as much as he understood and refused to believe that 22% of Kazulian voters were by virtue actual Nazi sympathizers.

Lastly he urged everyone to pray for the redemption and salvation of the NPC members, including their leaer Theodor Frankenstein, citing that "God's Always willing to accept those who wish to ask forgiveness and do deeds that honor the Lord." According to a fellow colleague and Bishop, "excommunication does not expel the person from the Catholic Church, but simply forbids the excommunicated person from engaging in certain activities..." These activities are listed in Canon 1331 §1, and prohibit the individual from any ministerial participation in celebrating the sacrifice of the Eucharist or any other ceremonies of worship; celebrating or receiving the sacraments; or exercising any ecclesiastical offices, ministries, or functions. Under current canon law, excommunicates remain bound by ecclesiastical obligations such as attending Mass, even though they are barred from receiving the Eucharist and from taking an active part in the liturgy (reading, bringing the offerings, etc.). "Excommunicates lose rights, such as the right to the sacraments, but they are still bound to the obligations of the law; their rights are restored when they are reconciled through the remission of the penalty." They are urged to retain a relationship with the Church, as the goal is to encourage them to repent and return to active participation in its life.

Internal Minister Hermanssons 'attacks' NPC during Storting session
Incumbent internal affairs minister Einar Hermansson taking a stand against the controversial, fascist NPC

Internal Affairs minister and deputy pm Einar Hermansson of the KD attacks the NPC, whose party lost surprisingly seats instead of gaining despite the perceived support given for the achievements and promised campaign goals as part of the Knivedalen government, calling them in a harsh manner "Deplorables and sick monsters wanting nothing than to destroy and eradicate our beloved Kazulia into a cesspool of nazi crap and only catering to themselves and no one else, with unrealistic, insane policies and and visions for a future society that can and will never work." He further added that everytime they gather in the storting, he "(I) would like to simply puke out of disgust for being in the same room as they are…" and citing them as hypocritical Hosians, in line with what the Patriarch earlier today announced.

Besides condemning Hent Governor Gustav Sklenger's execution decision, Hermansson made it clear that the KD would never want to involve NPC in any possible coalition government and urging all other parties to never give NPC "a significant influence which could only steer Kazulia into Deep hole which is impossible to come out from". He also adressed those who voted for NPC, citing that "I too belonged to that crowd in my younger days, when I thought that 'simple' solutions like these would advance our nation, only then to discover as I matured that these aren't the solutions Kazulia desperately needs. I would also like to thank the other parties for the continued support of the Knivedalen cabinet, noting that KD has the right will and duties to make this country a better Place to live and thrive in...As already mentioned by PM Knivedalen, KD is willing to work with all other parties for Kazulia's greater good..."
The Young Pope

Postby MedwedianPresident » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:05 pm

Nightly execution of three prisoners
Convicts did not appeal - Sklenger signs mandatory death penalty law for Hent

Gustav Sklenger, the undemocratically "elected" governor of Hent waiting for a hearing in Skalm.

The new ultranationalist governor of the Hent Fylke, Gustav Sklenger, has issued a press statement today which confirmed rumors that the three condemned prisoners of Verdalheim Central Prison who did not appeal the carrying out of their death sentence have been executed by firing squad in the early morning hours.

A team of eight anonymous volunteers, all members of the police or national guard, performed the procedure, assisted by the prison doctor.

According to Sklenger, "nothing but justice" happened on the prison football court, which was repurposed as a provisional execution site, and "everything will be done to make sure that the other nineteen are not spared from their righteous punishment".

The nineteen prisoners which have appealed are currently awaiting transport to Skalm in a different Hent facility. Their sentences will likely be commuted to medium-length prison sentences as they all have already spent at least 8 years in prison.

Theodor Lynden Frankenstein, the leader of the National Purity Committee, whose member Governor Sklenger is, has commended his subordinate and admitted that he personally ordered Sklenger to carry out this operation.

A Fylke law which makes death penalty for capital crimes mandatory was passed earlier today by the regional parliament. It is expected to be broken by national law soon - the Storting in Skalm is expected to vote in favor of an "emergency act" that will ban all forms of capital punishment. Still, the execution carried out yesterday was "per definitionem legal" according to Consitutional Judge Mikul Frederiksen.

The twenty-two criminals have been sentenced to death and their execution had been "inofficially commuted" to a life sentence. This is usual practice in Hent, where the last execution was carried out in 4380 and judges saw no danger in an actual legal interpretation of the punishment.

Armed police personnel were seen outside the prison in Verdalheim. The city police chief said that he was "forced to cooperate".

A video recording of the execution "to prove that the ordeal was humane" has been made. Copies have been sent to SP Alexander Knivedalen, a human rights organization, the National Prison Medical Commission and the constitutional court, among others. However, it is not legal to be publicized, as executions are carried out in private by national law. The tape is thereby classified as a state secret. The prison doctor demented allegiations that one of the condemned "had to be shot three times and still refused to die and thereafter was left to bleed out in the infirmary as the coroner waited".

When confronted with the news of the excommunication ordered by Patriarch Prestegaard, both Sklenger and Frankenstein "laughed out loud", according to reporters.
MedwedianPresident

Postby MedwedianPresident » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:32 pm

CHURCH SCHISM: Frankenstein announces foundation of the "Kazulian National Church"
Frankenstein says that "he will play this game if Prestegard wants to play it" - thousands of party members summarily converted at a rally

Theodor Lynden Frankenstein held another tirade speech today, in front of the Stortinget.

It has been confirmed by the Stortinget that Theodor Lynden Frankenstein, leader of the fascist NPC party, held yet another tirade speech at today's parliamentary session. He condemned his excommunication from the Apostolic Church as a "leftist politicization" and accused Patriarch Prestegard of "severe, paid corruption". In a fit of rage, Frankenstein declared that "Prestegard would have been burnt at the stake for this in the medieval times" and that "sometimes it is good to bring old things back, as we see here".

However, the most shocking announcement came at the end of the speech:

If you want to play this game, Prestegard, then so will I. You want to make a political church? I will do the same. Just as you have taken the freedom to summarily remove us from your pervert-infested organization, we will take the freedom to create a new church and to make it however we like it.

It was announced yesterday that the new church would be named "National Church of Kazulia" and that Volter Horvath, a local bishop in Hent, who was excommunicated as a NPC member, will be heading it. His patriarchal inauguration ceremony was conducted tonight, at a rally which thousands of NPC members who feel "disenfranchised" attended. They were summarily converted in the procedure.

"Patriarch" Volter Horvath at his inauguration ceremony.

The Bishop of Hent, the Honourable Martin Gebhardsen, has expressed "great alarm" at the fact that three villages have already changed their church during the night, as "missionary trecks" consisting of party members and their bodyguards appeared in the country.

Volter Horvath, the newly-declared "patriarch" of the National Church, said that Prestegard is a "dirty satanist" and claims to have seen that the alleged "child murderer and cannibal" has "reptilian slit eyes" when he met him last time.
MedwedianPresident

Postby MedwedianPresident » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Truck accident on M2 kills three
Hent Motorway Police warns of drunk driving - conspiracy theory about content of the trailer

Every year, 850 Kazulians die in road accidents.

At 04:02 this morning, the driver of a heavy lorry lost control over his vehicle and slid off the M2 motorway between Sarpsfjord and Verdalheim, in western Hent. The accident happened at road kilometer 305; the trucker as well as the driver and passenger of a private car were killed in the accident. Emergency services could not save the victims of this havary.

The Hent Motorway Police cleared off the debris and opened the road within three hours. A funeral service in Verdalheim will be conducted next month.

While a post-mortem test ruled out alcohol as the cause of the crash, the Hent Motorway Police gave a press statement in which it warned of the dangers of drunk driving. An online petition to impose a maximum blood alcohol limit of 0.01% for drivers of all vehicles that has been started by police commissioner Harald Unger has already gained over 120000 signatures.

The truck had departed from a west coast private printing factory and was en route to Verdalheim to bring fresh Easter and Valentine cards to kiosks.

The Motorway Police has demented a claim whereas the content of the truck consisted of ballots for a possible independence referendum of Hent. While the National Purity Council, headed by Theodor Lynden Frankenstein, is actively trying to impose restrictive laws in the province with the help of Governor Gustav Sklenger, no independence movement exists as of now. Frankenstein stated two weeks ago that he is "against secession of any Fylke" and that the implemptation of what criticists call a "police state" in Hent is only "a first step towards a new and effective order in the whole country".

The NPC has fired up controversial discussions after Patriarch Prestegard excommunicated all members of the far-right, neofascist party in reaction to the execution of several criminals in Verdalheim Central Prison. The party's leader declared the formation of a "protest church" yesterday; it has been reported that five villages in southern Hent and one in southern Kelvon have summarily converted to the so-called "Kazulian National Church" under pressure from party members.
MedwedianPresident

Postby Rogue » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:53 am

Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Maxington » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:40 am

Kongsvern Shipyard wins $1.2B destroyer contract
Asvald Gruppen Kongsvern Shipyard wins $1.2B contract to develop destroyer
22nd January, 4473.

Asvald Gruppen Maritime in [Insert Name] will supposedly design, contest and test the Series 990 destroyer under a $1.2 Billion contract signed between the company and the Department of Defence. The local shipyard had begun design ideas since the initial announcement of the naval expansion programme, proposing a somewhat "heavy destroyer" to fit the needs of the Royal Kazulian Navy and its operations throughout the world. Usually, the government contracts the Luthorian-based company, Pennington-Reid, to develop and construct combatant vessels for the navy, however the company's Härnö Shipyard in [Insert City Name] had been already working on the existing Torgersen-class frigate, introducing a series of structural and technological upgrades alongside a new partner company, Tusk. According to statements from Asvald Gruppen Maritime, the development and construction of the destroyer would be a joint venture between Asvald Gruppen Maritime, Viserby Systems and a new company to the scene, Kimuro Heavy Industries, a Sekowan/Kazulian engineering company owned partly by the Alternex Group.

The Kongsvern Shipyard is responsible for minor maritime products by Asvald Gruppen including the CB-70, the Heino-class missile boat and the Urmas-class landing craft. The Series 990, will be the first autonomously built destroyers fielded by the Kazulian Navy, citing the nation's current possession of decommissioned Hutorian Mashacara-class destroyers for testing and targeting purposes. The Series 990 destroyer is set to be among the most powerful destroyers in the world, second only to the Trigunian-made battle-cruiser. According to both the Navy and Asvald Gruppen, the 990-Series is supposed to field host of defining new technologies not included in current ships such as more on-board power to accommodate laser weapons, new engines, improved electronics, fast-upgrade-able software and a much more powerful radar.
It will bring superior war­fighting capability and meaningful quality-of-life improvements for sailors. Most important, the Series 990 will be-class able to adapt and evolve to defend this nation and our allies well into the future. It will be an assurance of Kazulian sovereignty and commitment to global security.

The Navy intends on building 15 destroyers in the Series 990 through 4510. Underneath the Naval Expansion 4530, the Royal Kazulian Navy is expected to expand to proportions whereby it can ensure a constant presence in any region. The development and construction of the Series 990, allows for the Kazulian Navy to expand its role in the international community and expand the security umbrella of the Northern Council Treaty Organisation. It is unsure whether Pennington-Reid will join the project later down the road, however, as time progresses it will determined whether the government had made the right decision to employ Asvald Gruppen Maritime in constructing the new series of destroyers from the Royal Kazulian Navy. Construction is expected to begin in 4476 with sea trials scheduled for around 4485.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Maxington » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:05 am

Armed Forces push ahead with Land Systems modernisation
Armed Forces pushes along with Land Systems modernisation programme, lessons learned from War
The proposed upgrade of the Leopard 2A4 by Carmichael Industries, the Leopard 2A4KZ+
3rd October, 4473.

The Department of Defence has green-lit the land systems modernisation programme underneath the armed forces' drive towards learning its errors in the Dovani War. At the Defence Dynamics show, the Department of Defence observed various land systems being offered by a series of companies including the Horizon Technology Company, Asvald Gruppen, Kimuro Heavy Industries and Carmichael Industries. With various systems within the Kazulian Army coming obsolete, the Department of Defence has opened the bidding process to either replace the army's leopard 2a4 platform with an entirely new main battle tank or extend its lifetime with a final upgrade. It is the intention of the DoD to phase the Leopard 2a4 out of the Kazulian Army by 4550. Minister of Acquisitions within the Department of Defence, Einar Malmström stated that 1/2 of the current 2a4 will be upgraded and the other half will be sold off. He stated that the various bids and proposals being brought forward by various companies allows for the 2a4 to receive a substantial life extension. The DoD was reportedly extremely interested in the designs proposed by Carmichael Industries and Asvald Gruppen. DoD specifications for the upgraded 2a4 have mandated 360° protection against RPGs and mine protection and the ability to operate in low intensity and high intensity conflicts.
The DoD is searching for significant capability enhancements on the part of the Leopard 2a4 fleet. It is becoming increasing clear to us, that certain lessons should be learned from the conflict in Dovani and the DoD's search for an upgrade package for the 2a4 is our asymmetrical response. From the fire control systems to the vehicle's armour, upgrades are needed to ensure our military maintains an edge on any battlefield.

The Army has stated that it intends on creating battle-grounds specifically oriented for operations in Dovani. The Kazulian Armed Forces during the Dovanian War learn't that battles within the region, specifically in the "third-world" category, fall within the constraints of low-intensify conflicts. High intensity operations such as major tank engagements are extremely rare in the region, with the more common form of combat being high mobility operations involving battles between forces which are widely dispersed and often lightly armed. The DoD's acquisition of around an additional 200 Pansretkjøretøy 90 (Patria AMV) will form the backbone of Kazulia's battle-groups in Dovani, with most of the acquired armoured vehicles coming in various roles including tank destroyers, armoured personnel carriers and mobile mortar systems. Conflicts in Dovani usually involve formations of light armoured vehicles, with heavy tank formations being uncommon. However, during the Dovani War, the threat of mines was extremely high. Thus the Pansretkjøretøy 90 are built with V-shaped hulls to reduce their vulnerability to land minds. It is expected that the Pansretkjøretøy 90 will soon replace the Army's fleet of Pansretkjøretøy 65's (M113) which the army intends on mothballing by 4485. Minister of Acquisitions, Einar Malmström stated that the Pansretkjøretøy 65 was becoming obsolete and a modernisation programme for the 500+ units would have been too costly. Thus the decision was made to transfer units to storage and to the Home Guard.

Alternex Verdalros on Bauxite finds in Ntoto.
Bauxite mining venture in Ntoto promises thousands of jobs for Ntotans
Alternex Verdalros' Texiki mine in Ntoto.
3rd October, 4473.

A Kazulian-led exploitation and exploration survey has discovered major deposits of Bauxite in Ntoto. Mineral exploration projects run by Alternex Verdalros, the mining subsidiary of the massive Kazulian conglomerate have resulted in the discovery of some millions of tonnes of bauxite, making it the largest bauxite find in the eastern hemisphere. The find, according to officials from Verdalros, will be extremely important to Ntoto's future. Economic analysts say that the world demand for bauxite will surge by 4500. They anticipate by then industrial processes would have taken off in various nations, processes such as the manufacturing of machinery and aircraft, sectors which are extremely dependent on bauxite as it is the main raw material used to produce aluminium. Alternex Verdalros and Sorthamnmetall are expected to cooperate with the Ntotan government on extraction, if the Ntotan government decides to grant extraction permits to the companies. If the venture to extract and refine the bauxite is green-lit by the Ntotan Government, it could have the potential of generating thousands of jobs and propping up Ntoto's development underneath the B/P Initiative. The bauxite find allows for Ntoto to move away from agricultural revenues, which in the past decades have been slumping due various environmental factors.

If it comes to past that the Ntotan Government green-lights the venture, President of Alternex Verdalros, Herkko Virolainen has ensured the Nototan Government that local labour will be utilised, with little to no foreign labour being used to supplement. Verdalros has stated that through a consortium coined Aegis Alumina Ltd, it hopes to produce around 1 million tonnes a year through the mine. With Premier Kago Mũnene attempting to mitigate unemployment through his Vision 4530 Programme, the Texiki mine project could assist in mitigating rising unemployment. Premier Mũnene has stated that the bauxite find was a sign from "Nkipi" that good things were in store for Ntoto.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

PreviousNext

Return to National News