Kazulia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: The Royal Kazulian Chronicle

Postby Eryk » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:43 pm

Coronation of His Majesty
The rightful Nikolai II becomes the King of the Kingdom of Kazulia.

Nikolai II, in his official portrait after his coronation.

Thorgerd, Kazulia - On 3 January, 3063 - Prince Nikolai Pretender to Kazulian Throne officially became the King of Kazulia after the recreation of the Kingdom of Kazulia. Despite this monumental event only officials from His Majesty's Government and Armed Forces were present, along with Royal family members and important citizens of the Kingdom of Kazulia. This was due to the dispute of the rightful House ruling the Kingdom of Kazulia. The International Monarchist League, the leading international organization has argued that the the rightful house is the House of Islyns which was almost completely murdered while it was abolished in Kalopia while Kazulia was still a illegal Republic. Despite this, the Parliament and the Council of Ministers proceeded accepting the resolution of the establishment of a Constitutional Monarchy which shall be headed by the House of Bjelland-Matthiessen and the House's head which is the current reigning sovereign. The controversy around the ascending of the throne of Nikolai I has yet not cleared up when another has begun, however the early death of his brother, has been said not to stop the elder monarch from effectively ruling the nation and being the King of all Kazulians. The problematic situation however does not lower the morale of the Kazulian citizens. Some 68% support the monarchy which constitutes a large majority of the population - which also voted in the national referendum conducted by the government of the National Liberal Democratic Party. Millions watched the coronation on their televisions, others listened through the radio and others watched the internet broadcast. An estimated 3 million Kazulians went out into the streets to watch the coronation outside "His Majesty's Coronation Church" which is the Catholic basilica where the coronation of Nikolai I took place during the First Restoration. Millions watched the military parade after the coronation and as Nikolai with his wife road down Thorgerd Vei, Thorgerd's primary street of movement.
Eryk

Postby Eryk » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:15 am

Radical Changes
The Government opts to end Republican Era, Protests End Bloody

The quiet town of Idunn may soon become Åsgårdstrand after recent governmental reforms.

Thorgerd, Kazulia - Controversial legislation has passed and left the newly established Parliament, however one has recently caught the attention of Kazulian media and the Kazulian citizens. "The End of the Republican Era" as it has been nicknamed by the media opts to rename almost every single major city in Kazulia. Furthermore, many presently existing cities may be completely stripped of their title due to, as the government describes "a low population in comparison to national standards". The renaming of the provinces as well as cities of Kazulia have been approved by the incumbent King of Kazulia, Nikolai II and have passed the Parliament and soon will be brought into effect. However, the citizens have not hid their dissatisfaction with the renaming calling it stripping them of their national identity as one reporter recalls after an interview. The Council of Ministers however, was quick to react lightly saying "hitting the public in their weakspot", using the King of Kazulia in order to explain their actions. In his first public appearance, Nikolaii II justified the governments centerum policies as well as the attempt to rename the nation. He quickly mentioned, "The Republican era has ruined our nation and renamed it from its historical and political context. I am shamed that my fellow citizens have forgotten their history and their original and rightful titles and therefore call on my subjects to be loyal to their government." The short exchange between the government and the public on this issue with that was brought to an end however regional republican movements have organized strikes as well as protests which have ended violently.

During several protests against the changes to the national identity and a manifesto against the monarchy were attempted to be disbanded by the police after becoming aggressive to citizens localized around the group. These political radicals have been condemned by the government in its yearly conference after ascending exactly a year before. After the attacks on police, the police successfully replied however at a terrible and unacceptable to Kazulians cost. With most regarding their nation as peaceful and without such radical political actions, they saw 8 regular policemen dead and 2 members of His Majesty's National Guard which were taking part in the action against the aggressive protesters. On the other side, lay 29 young men dead after shots were exchanged. The police conducted a further 184 arrests and finished off the protests. The governments Press Spokesmen officially apologized, while the President of the Council of Ministers expressed his apologies and condolences in an statement and individual letters to the 29 families.
Eryk

Postby Eryk » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Senterpartiet Consolidates its Power
The only government we'll see in Kazulia for the next decades.

Herr Andre Beur, the current President of the Council of Ministers and leader of the Senterpartiet.

Thorgerd, Kazulia - The Senterpartiet has held is its yearly rally in Thorgerd where it announced its complete consolidation of power. Another controversial decision of the ruling party as well as the monarch. Currently, by Kazulian law only the King can appoint the Council of Ministers. In such an event no party is allowed to take hold of the government without the Kings blessing and therefore any attempts would be a violation of national law. Despite this, Kazulia still remains described as a constitutional monarchy and effective democracy. However, once again the only dissatfied were the Republican movements however no notable events have happened yet. The Senterpartieit leader and Presidient of the Council of Ministers explained this justification in the rally, which King Nikolai II also was seen supporting the Senterpartiet as an "effective promoter of democracy across the world, and the promoter of a Kazulian Kingdom". Last elections the Senterpartiet gained all the seats in the Parliament during the snap elections in April due to his centrism, grabbing the attention of people of all political views however no republicans. Due to the high popularity of the monarchy and the Senterpartiets monarchism, this mainly dictates the election results while the lesser popular or completely unpopular Nasjonale Liberal Demokrat Parti which was in government before the Senterpartiet has failed to attract the attention of voters.
Eryk

Postby Eryk » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:50 pm

Government Begins Investigation
The Council of Ministers has called upon a special parliamentary commission to investigate the mysterious death of Nikolai I.

The late Nikolai I, his unofficial portrait.

Thorgerd, Kazulia - Today, the Minister of Justice - Herr Odd Olle Waltersen has announced that the Council of Ministers has established a parliamentary commission which shall investigate the mysterious death of King Nikolai I. During his short reign, Kazulia witnessed many controversies, corruption charges, as well as radical political changes and political status of the country. The original Senterpartiet was disbanded due to corruption and other controversies which angered the people of Kazulia. However, this caused the nation to run into chaos having no working government besides a symbolic leader at hand. Nikolai I, doing what he could to calm down tensions was unsuccessful in reestablishing a government he would like or a government at all refusing the Republicans which were against his reign. This was met with the small, so-called "Republican Revolution" where the small republican movement in Kazulia forced elections and established its own government. After the Republicans took government, Nikolai allegedly became deathly ill and supposedly died on March 6, 3133. However, recent exhumation of his body has suggest otherwise. Tell-tale signs show that the King was killed having several bullets in his chest. Furthermore, evidence suggests that the Republican government had its motives. With the rest of the Bjelland-Matthiesen's already in exile, Nikolai I was left alone in the country troubled by Republicans and political disagreement. Unless he abdicated or was killed, the Republicans would have no possibility of continuing their agenda of establishing another Republic. In the end as we know - they gained a successful failure as 3 decades later, Nikolai II took the throne of the Kingdom of Kazulia. In fact, Nikolai II's original name is Haakon, however during the coronation Nikolai II decided to name himself differently in honor of his deceased brother. With a bounty of facts screaming murder, the parliamentary commission will very likely end up with a verdict soon enough on this situation. In fact, most Kazulian's demand a verdict as soon as possible to find if their original beloved leader was in fact deathly ill or killed by an evil and powerthristy Republican movement. If so, arrests and and court would be the last thing the Republican Government of the 3130's would see. Actually, all surviving members of that government already have had their passports confiscated and are unable to travel. If accused for this capital crime of murdering the Head of State of the Kingdom of Kazulia the most likely verdict would be the death penalty by firing squadron.
Eryk

Postby Eryk » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:11 pm

Government Responds to Foreign Developments
Kazulia warns, Kafuristan is "playing with fire"

The President of the Council of Ministers himself commenting on the situation along with the Foreign Affairs Minister as well as the Defense Minister.

Thorgerd, Kazulia - Today the Council of Ministers held another early press conference to comment on Foreign Relations and the situation around the Likatonian Affair. As the press conference progressed, the Kazulian government sent a clear message to Kafuristan as well as other nations including Hulstria as well as Luthori that Kafuristan by shooting down a Likatonian plane is as "playing with fire", and that is makes itself a target by showing aggressive actions toward its allie, Likatonia. The President of the Council of Ministers mentioned, "We are perfectly aware that this may give Kafuristan as well as Kalopia a feeling of insecurity, however we do not support not will we support attempting to resolve problems by further violence. Likatonia in our eyes has made a fundamental mistake with the situation with Kalopia and in fact are confused why Kafuristan is becoming involved. However, due to Likatonia being in an military alliance with Kazulia - we will support Likatonia in their actions." Furthermore, it was mentioned that Likatonia is working in its best interest and the interest of its citizens in an attempt to scout and detect threats to its national security. However, the Kazulian government has not forgotten to critize Likatonia further, mentioning that such actions can cause a international problem with the invovlement of great world powers like Luthori or Hulstria and that the situation is much to delicate to be dealt with automatic reactions.
Eryk

Postby Eryk » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:51 pm

Foreign Tensions Continue
As foreign tensions continue, the Kazulian Council of Ministers and Parliament are confused who to support.

The Prime Minister allegedly attempting, not to answer questions on Kazulia's foreign relations.

Thorgerd, Kazulia - Today, in the daily meeting of the press and the Prime Minister while the Prime Minister was outside of Parliament visiting investments in the Eastern Territories several questions fell asking on the current foreign developments. The Prime Minister was not happy to answer, however with cameras and press demanding answers he complied with the request. He mentioned that Kafuristan provoked itself a very possible war between Likatonia and Kafuristan. Such action like shooting down a unmanned drone was described as an 'indirect act of war, and should not nor will it be tolerated'. Furthermore, he echoed some similar words which were spoken the day before, mentioning that Kafuristan is itself making this situation by acting as if its national sovereignty was being threaten which by far it is not. "If something, the situation is worse for our Likatonian counterparts. They have been 'blessed' by a complete tragedy and simply want to ensure their citizens' safety in the near and far future. The involvement of unnecessary nations which only fuel the conflict - namely the Imperial Crownlands or the the Holy Luthori Empire." Both of the nations are naturally close allies and well respect in Kazulia, however the Prime Minister has critized their foreign policy and creating more conflict.
Eryk

Postby Eryk » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Parliamentary Commission Reveals Facts
Today, the parliamentary commission investigating the death of Nikolai I has released several pages of a report which shock Kazulia.

Nikolai I, in one of his many unofficial photographs.

Thorgerd, Kazulia - Today, on an official press conference of the parliamentary commission investigating the death of King Nikolai I of Kazulia has released several pages of a series of reports. The parliamentary has concluded the Nikolai I was directly murdered by unknown an unknown person or persons on the day of his death - and has concluded that the theory which has been internationally recognized was a false cover up. The commission has refused to mention any names which may be held responsible, however other media in Kazulia have reported that several main republican leaders which were members of the government during the Republican Revolution have been arrested. As reported, earlier they had their passports confiscated. Furthermore, it has been discovered the Queen of Kazulia, and the heir to the throne, Haakon, have also been killed during the Republican Revolution. This shocking report shows the murder of the whole royal family at the time, however some have survived like Nikolai II. In the light of these facts, Nikolai II the brother of Nikolai I has officially called a press conference. In this conference he mentioned; " I am shamed and believe my honor is shamed that I escaped the country and did not support my brother. I do not deserve to walk in his halls, in his bedroom or wear his crown. I should have died along with him, honorably supporting him to the very end. Unfortunately, I did not understand my actions and today I ask for my brother's forgiveness and his family's forgiveness, and above all my countries forgiveness". With tears in his eyes, he left the TV studio later to collapse. However, no health issues have been reported and the King is back in his palace under the watchful eyes of mental doctors and family doctors. Apparently, it has been reported that Nikolai II knew about the conclusion of the commission before it was released to the public and has shown depressive actions which have considered the Royal family and the rest of the nation. He has not appeared ever since his conference which was two days ago - and as for such an active member of politics and supporting the government this has been reported to be quite unexpected.

It is unknown whether the King will call for the death penalty on the arrested members, despite this their names are kept secret. However, English activist John Smith has been saw arrested of which he lead the government of the Republic of Kazulia after the illegal abolishment of the monarchy. The reason for the radical and sad words of the King is the fact that he went into exile with the rest of Bjelland-Mattheisen's during the political uncertainty in Kazulia. This left Nikolai I without power or mental support from his family. A possibility has been investigated that the Royal Guards of Nikolai I in fact betrayed him in the night of the now known - murder. These, have been found and questioned however three have managed to escape the hands of the Kazulian police and escaped across the border to Dranland and one other to Hulstria. The situation has been shocking for all Kazulian citizens. The most affected are the citizens which still remember the establishment of the monarchy which they supported. Their hard work however, was not completely destroyed as the monarchy was restored three decades later.
Eryk

Postby Eryk » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:12 pm

Senterpartiet Alone
The Senterpartiet or Centre Party has been left alone in Parliament - after opposition dissolved in the light of disappointing results.

The President, angered by a question about Kazulia being a one-party state earlier.

Thorgerd, Kazulia - The Senterpartiet has been left alone as the National Democratic Liberal Party - the "ex-opposition", officially dissolved itself in the light of minimal support of small Republican groups. Such an action was a complete disappointment not only for the supporters of the Republic, however it was also disappointing for the Senterpartiet. Andres Beur the leader of the Senterpartiet and President mentioned, " I am saddened by the information that was recently given to me. Despite loosing political rivals this may prove to be a curse as now Kazulia may be accused of being a one party state - despite being one of the most stable constitutional monarchies in the world." The worried President of the Council of Ministers however ended the conference with a cheer as the Likatonian conflict has seemed to someone disappear or at least remain hidden from mainstream media. This in mind, the President has refused to answer questions on this situation. Furthermore - because the National Democratic Liberal Party has dissolved by law this allows the Senterpartiet to dictate foreign policy completely unless there is objection from the King. It does seem indeed that Kazulia is slowly turning into a monarchistic one party state.
Eryk

Postby Eryk » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:07 am

Foreign Developments Continue
The situation between Likatonia and Kafuristan has slowly gotten out of hand - with Hulstrian involvement joining its downward spiral.

Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kazulia, speaking on foreign developments and possible Kazulian involvement.

Thorgerd, Kazulia - In light of a failed peace conference which was commissioned by Trigunia in order to avoid a potentially difficult conflict to arise - the Council of Ministers of Kazulia issued their immediate response to the international crisis. However, foreign reports - particularly those from Hulstria or New Englia have not hid their dissatisfaction with the recent events that the Minister of Foreign Affairs as well as Defense have began. The Kazulian Foreign Minister made it quite clear during the press conference that Kazulia shall support its ally in its cause to eliminate terrorism and threats which may loom to harm the citizens of Likatonia. However, like in every press conference on this situation they have mentioned that the handling of the situation both by Likaton and Kafuri officials is improper and is leading to a 'potentially dangerous situation which we all may soon regret.' They also mentioned that Hulstrian involvement has simply fueled the fire and has turned two sides into complete enemies. With a possible international crisis heading, the unexplained mobilization of the Kazulian army on its border with Hulstria and especially New Englia. New Englian reports have been specifically curious on why this event is happening, or why did recent Kazulian submarines find themselves in New Englian territorial waters or Hulstrian ones, however the were given no specific answer. This curiosity has however resulted in an insulted Foreign Minister mentioning; "I do not support nor will I ever support theories which harm my image and which are without factual evidence presented to the public opinion". With this short sentence the Minister of Foreign Affairs ended the conference however his nervousness suggested otherwise.
Eryk

Postby Eryk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:03 am

Beur Comments of Internal Situations
Andre Beur, the current President of the Council of Ministers speaks on the founding of an opposition party.

Beur speaking on the new opposition party.

Thordgerd, Kazulia - Today officially an opposition party was founded as an "alternative to the Beur government, granting democracy and socialist economic policies". The Kazulian Nasjonal Allianse - officially a leftist organization which by its bill proposals has proven to be socialist, was founded once King Nikolai II granted it its decree as a party as well as the title of "Opposition". Having been pending for several months now, the Kazulian Nasjonal Allianse was formally declared by a press conference of King Nikolai II when he officially granted documents to the new party's leader. Normally, in a state dominated by one party of course - unintentionally, the ruling political party would not rejoice on the formation of opposition, however Beur while speaking proved otherwise. He mentioned that he is happy that reasonable opposition was organized and is going to start against the candidates of the Senterpartiet. Having dominated the Kazulian Kingdom for over a decade, Beur has also spoken of his retirement and the retirement of his whole cabinet as a result and the introduction of a new and reformed Senterpartiet. The party has recently changed its image completely, presenting a new program, logo and has spoken of electing a new party leader. Soon, we might be expecting a face off of two political giants which currently dominate the Kazulian political scene. However, the Senterpartiet shall remain in government whether it wins the elections or not. Changing the constitution would be required to override the King's decision and royal decree, however such changes are bound not to happen by law. It takes time to see, whether the new Kazulian party will be acknowledged by the society of Kazulia. In light of the Likaton-Kafuri situation, with military mobilization in our southern neighbor - Hulstria, the way situations like these are handled may prove golden for the Senterpartiet - and a disaster.
Eryk

PreviousNext

Return to National News