Zardugal

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Zardic World Report

Postby bucsfan47 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:43 am

Zardic World Report
LXVII Edition

Intrigue at Port Manio Raises Questions

Port Manio, Kalvere

Mere days after Consul Keiser of Gaduridos along with Director-General Marshall announced a new era of shared economic and diplomatic relations a frenzy of activity was set in motion at the Ministry of Trade and Industry. Z.W.R. was given an anonymous tip reporting that Zardic troops were being stationed outside the Ministry of Trade and Industry. At the time of the printing we are able to confirm the military’s presence outside the Ministry and a large contingent of the Zardic Corp of Engineers in and around Port Manio.

A formal request to speak with Minister Parcell-Albrecht was turned down and the Minister’s office referred us to the Deputy Foreign-Minister’s offices; who is currently away on a classified diplomatic mission. Our staff reporter on hand suspected there was more to here than met the eye and through an extensive investigation Z.W.R. is prepared to stand by our findings.

Z.W.R. has confirmed that the Zardic Navy is also heavily invested at Port Manio. Residents living near the port have had varied accounts but, in general it has been suggested that a mass influx of transport vessels had been pulling in and docking, loading cargo and troops, all through the night. Unable to confirm any higher level of activity than normal at Zardugal’s fourth largest naval base, our reporters on the ground in Port Manio, solicited what they could from the soldiers stationed off base; our reporter was detained temporarily for trespassing on the naval base.

Mr. Balgin, our field reporter, was able to obtain photos and on-record accounts suggesting the Zardic government is moving building materials along with armed troops onto the transport vessels which are bound for Gaduridos. Their mission is far from clear and typically the Federation hasn’t used its troops in such a capacity. This may have been a non-story if the forces on hand were DMF-affiliated or with Black Leopard Security. It should be noted that as of the time of this printing, we were unable to get a copy of the alleged treaty being signed between Gaduridos and the Federation. Mission details on what our brave men and women in uniform are doing going to a current hot-spot of Terran politics
Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant!
bucsfan47

Postby Darvian » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:37 am

Zardic World Report
LXVIII Edition

Foreign Minister Sabatka Breaks Silence

Belgae, Unkassa
April 4th 3211

The recently appointed Foreign Minister of the Federation of Zardugal, Mr. Charles Sabatka may be a new face in the Federation’s Cabinet, but his family is no stranger to Zardic circles of power. Mr. Charles Sabatka is the descendent of former Director-General Lukas Sabatka whom many Zardics would recall as presiding over the Federation during the height of the Federations internal battles over what rights those in the Federated States of Zardugal would receive or whether to move the colonialized Federated States into autonomous sovereign regions. With such a storied history and the re-emergence of the Kostandians in government many political analysts and pundits are keeping a close eye on the rising star of the Federal Republicans of Zardugal.

Foreign Minister Sabatka has been hounded by Z.W.R. for weeks to comment on on-going initiatives being undertaken by the Federation. It is clear much diplomacy is being conducted in private, perhaps more so than usual, and even rarer was no government official tried to intervene with Z.W.R’s reporting of the, up till now, classified dealings with Gaduridos. Mr. Sabatka’s silence was notable given the rumblings being reported by sources close to the Director-General and Foreign Minister that one of Zardugal’s longest and most historic alliances with Luthori and Rutania has come under scrutiny with the Federations actions in Gaduridos.

F.M. Sabatka Keeps Friendly Distance Between the Media and his Office

Minister Sabatka, earlier today, held a press conference on the steps of the Directorate. There seemed to be more Directors present than reporters, leading Z.W.R. to wonder if the government hasn’t put a black-out on information to sitting Directors within the Directorate as it was clear the Federations legislators were as anxious to hear from their Foreign Minister as we, in the press, were. The full speech will be available online, as Mr. Sabatka spoke for nearly an hour and gave a truly epic sweep of Terran political forces on the move. If nothing else was made clear in his speech, one thing is certain: the Federation’s history for mightily effective diplomats hasn’t waned and Mr. Sabatka’s breadth of knowledge was staggering and, at times, hard to keep up with.

On Zardic Involvement in Gaduridos:
”My office has been flooded with letters from various counterparts of mine from across Terra questioning the Federation’s intentions and reasons for signing a treaty of comity with the Republic Gaduridos. Let me be perfectly clear about this. The Federation is a nation unlike any other on Terra. We have strong historical alliances and nothing this government has done has contravened any standing diplomatic relations, whatsoever. If my colleagues in other nations disagree with this, I would advise them to consult the standing diplomatic treaties between the Federation and their homeland. I assure my colleagues both home and abroad I have.”
“The specifics with our arrangements with Gaduridos are nothing more than our nation seeking to establish a pathway to normalized relations with the free peoples of Gaduridos. For nearly a century the proud citizens of Gaduridos have stood tall on their own, free from the oppression of foreign powers. As Terra’s longest standing Republic, we are no strangers to the challenges a democratic government faces and to shut them out of normalized relations does no one any grand favor. By opening up lines of communication with the government of Gaduridos we’re continuing our efforts at reaching out to a broader base of nations.”

“Zardugal is a free country with free markets, and beyond the comity agreement signed with Gaduridos several private firms in the Federation have accepted projects at the behest of the government of Gaduridos. This is no way a slight to any other nation or designed to stir the pot further. I am not naïve nor is this government. We realize the government of Gaduridos is taking positions we do not fully agree with and in some reported and alleged instances are working in various ways to undermine century’s old-alliances with many of the Federation’s closest partners. The same could be said of our alliances I’ve discussed; often times our dear friends take actions we firmly disagree with, but we understand and believe in the right of self-determination here in Zardugal and remain friends and work out our disagreements without a rush to judge as has been applied to this government recently.”

On Rutanian Relations:

“In respect to what the Rutanian News Network is reporting, I take exception to the assertation that Zardugal is, in anyway, supporting actions which would undermine or threaten our dear friends in Rutania. For centuries the Federation has stood with Rutania not only as friends, but as active members in the Axis Alliance before the organization was formally closed. Let me state clearly to the government and people of Rutania, if our designs were to harm our relations with Rutania we wouldn’t be discussing a treaty with the government of Rutania and I wouldn’t be talking about the issue in public. “

“On a personal note, I’d like to welcome back the R.E.P. to the scenes of Rutanian politics. Since the departure of the R.E.P. our nations have drifted slightly apart-and this is a shame and we aim to correct this. The Klausenburgs are good people and the citizens of Rutania are blessed to have such marvelous individuals leading their government once more. I will confess, I was slightly surprised by the fact we’d not formalized a treaty of economic, diplomatic and mutual protection with Rutania. Though, lawyers within the Foreign Ministry have pointed out that many existing treaties shared between Rutania, Hulstria and Luthori hold nearly as much meaning as an individual treaty. I agree in legal terms of their summary judgments but, I believe it is in the interests of both nations to see a full and all-encompassing treaty worked out between our two proud and illustrious nations. I look forward to meeting with President Armand Klauseburg and Minister Petunia Klausenburg to settle all the details and once again cement our friendship in the eyes of the international community.”

On the Republican Alliance:

“As anyone present here today knows there is a growing tide of Terran wide desire to unite Republican governments under an alliance. Given the Federation’s historic legacy, I certainly would have expected the Republican Alliance to have contacted the Foreign Ministry and they have not. This isn’t to say we’ve not kept our eyes on the ball and haven’t been in talks with various parties, in and out of the would-be alliance. To the best of my understanding, at present, Gaduridos, Aldegar, Keymon, Telamon and Barmenia have formally joined this alliance with the nations of Likatonia and Quanzar considering ratification. I commend the Republican governments for seeking to unite under a common goal, though I am skeptical at this time about their ability to survive as a formal alliance.

In yet another matter the Federation has taken heat for was Director of State Chris Brown (U.N.A.) attendance at a recent meeting of the Republican Alliance. In the foreign cables I’ve read it’s laughable to me to believe that our mere presence is somehow an endorsement of the alliance or as a measure to condemn it. Neither is true. Members of the government in Zardugal are invited to all sorts of meetings and conferences and if people would like to try guilt by association as a means of a diplomatic barometer, I’d suggest they be removed and replaced by a more seasoned diplomat who understands the delicate art of international relations. I’ve no further comment at this time on the Republican Alliance at this time.”

On Majatra Relations:
”The Foreign Ministry as well as the Director-General’s office has been conducting talks with Cobura and Vanuku. It is our intention to bring the greater C.M.S.O. back to life and spur economic and diplomatic activity in the C.M.S.O. region. We hope to reach an agreement on the final language of the proposed treaties. At a minimum the Federation is eager to unify immigration policies, removing barriers to free-trade and to strengthen the overall region. A united and peaceful Majatra is considered a vital interest to the Federation and we will use every tool at our disposal to ensure amicable arrangements are made.

Zardic World Report would like to thank the Foreign Minister for his time and a special thanks to Deputy Foreign Minister Sedaris (U.N.A.) for providing us with an advance copy of some of the key points of the Foreign Minister’s press conference. Minister Sabatka didn’t take questions, but is scheduled to appear at Balgae’s School of International Studies and is going to be taking questions from students. Tickets for the event have already sold out. Zardic World Report will be there to cover any breaking news. For a full transcript of the Minister’s remarks please visit us online and don’t forget to tune-in to the live webcast we’ll be hosting on our site of Minister Sabatka at B.S.I.S.
Darvian

Postby Darvian » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:37 am

Zardic World Report
LXIX Edition

Foreign Ministry ‘Alarmed’ at Gaduridos Foreign Policy

Belgae, Unkassa
12th November 3213

Members of the Zardic Directorate returned from their legislative breaks with a renewed vigor that Director-General Marshall may not entirely welcome. Various members signed onto a resolution calling for the Director-General or Director of State to address the specific details with the Federations dealings with Gaduridos. The treaty signed between Gaduridos and Zardugal was a fairly standard treaty by all accounts but, various members of the Directorate wanted to know about the full extent of Zardic commitments in a nation the Federation has had little past dealings with formally.

Federal Directorate

After several hours of stalled legislative business, the Speaker of the Directorate turned the floor over to Valerie Cordon the Deputy Communications Director for the Minister of Foreign Affairs. Mrs. Cordon, by all reports, took to condemning members of both the U.N.A. and F.R.P. for signing a treaty and agreeing to help a budding democracy only to make a political circus out of the issue. ”The treaty passed with every member in this house voting in the affirmative. Only now do you speak up to make the prime-time reels of the big-news events of the day trying to take the government to task, and for what? We’ve made it clear that our dealings with Gaduridos are that of humanitarian in nature. They’ve stood strong as an independent Republic for over a century and it is our responsible to extend a hand.”

A senior member of the Foreign Ministry, on condition of anonymity, spoke to Z.W.R. about the situation. ‘Members within the government are alarmed with Gaduridos involvement in Darnussia. This has created a heated reaction from some very important friends within the Federation. While the Federation will continue to conduct business with the Republic of Gaduridos, as we are a free-market society and not going to stifle that, we can and are urging members of the Gaduridos government to bring their troops back home, for the sake of stability across all of Terra and bluntly it causes many of our business leaders no small amount of concern.’ The senior staffer also made it explicitly clear that the Federation was not asked to provide nor would it provide weapons to the government of Gaduridos so long as it was conducting hostile operations. The Foreign Ministry also called for a level of peace and understanding not just for Gaduridos, but all of Terra.
Darvian

Postby Darvian » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:38 am

Zardic World Report
LXX Edition

Relations in Southern Majatra Cordial

Belgae, Unkassa
17th November 3213

Director of State Gaines returned today from a series of meetings with Coburan Prime Minister Scally. The historical relations between Cobura and Zardugal have been dormant for many years. The Office of the Director General was quick, upon the announcement of renewed diplomatic talks, to remind citizens that while the talks marked a new era for Southern Majatran relations it did not imply relations had been strained previously; quite the contrary. Zardugal and Cobura have long had a basic free-trade agreement but, the new discussions go well beyond trade.

Elsie Parcell-Albrecht, Minister of Trade and Industry, spoke with Zardic World Report about some of the items being discussed. The Federation has showed a willingness to ease the traffic of both the literal type and to set up policies to facilitate workers coming between the Federal States of Kalvere and Raerdein and the Coburan Districts of Egato and Irkawa as an easier process than it currently is. “Many Coburans travel into Zardugal every day for work and many Zardic citizens do the same. With the current loops involved, these hard working tax-payers have to go through; I believe it’s time we look at alternatives. “

One alternative proposed is the formation of a committee which will be represented by members of the Coburan and Zardic governments to draft and present a workable policy to implement. It is unknown if this would be a guest-worker program or something further. If the Foreign Ministry is to draft the treaty there isn’t much doubt in analysts’ minds that it will be an all-inclusive comity treaty allowing for Coburan citizens to travel into Zardugal and vice-versa with full rights observed and a standard procedure for judicial and fiscal policies imposed on such workers. There has been no official comment on behalf of the Coburan government at the time of this report.

The whispers and fairly substantial evidence of talks with Cobura come on the heels of Zardugal having renewed relations in another inclusive treaty with Vanuku. The Federation and Vanuku, while not having the centuries of intertwined history as Cobura and Zardugal share, nonetheless has become a closer and closer business partner of the Federation. With ever more active governments in Cobura and Vanuku it is of little wonder the Federation has been aggressively pursuing renewed relations. What remains the big question is who is next? One pundit said it best, “If I see the Foreign Minister visiting Deltaria next, I’ll definitely be selling my property on Lake Majatra!”
Darvian

Postby PaleRider » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:12 pm

OOC: restarting the paper guys =D of course only ACTIVE Zardic parties can post and you can only directly rp a minister/government official if you are in government
Today thousands took to the streets in protest over the proposed peace terms with Deltaria and the Holy Alliance. Chanting no no no the thousands marched from the Presidential Palace to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to show that no outside power should have dominion over Zardic citizens. Throughout the past few months as negotiations have tensed up over ending the war the people have become increasingly restless over the proposed terms prompting government officials to deny any acceptance of the proposals as they stand now. However protests are not just confined to Belgae....
These are images coming from around the country as left and right wing political groups clash in the streets in cities around the countries. These pictures come from protests organized by the NLP over the alleged human rights violations conducted by Zardic forces during the war. The protests were worst in Portsmouth, the party HQ of the United Federalists Party or UFP. UFP supporters and activists claim no such violations occurred and that they are planning their own counter-protests soon.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby PaleRider » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:37 pm

2nd Great Majatran War near official end
Though no official word has yet come from government officials there is rumor circulating through our contacts at the Foreign Ministry that peace is near with Deltaria. The war which saw fighting last nearly two years and Zardic casualties number at 28,000 dead has been in limbo as negotiations were tedious with Holy Alliance nations demanding total surrender of Zardugal and Zardugal trying to maintain a medium. Expected terms are high reparations, Deltarian troops located in Zardugal to oversee collection and a slashing of military budgets. Though not yet confirmed tensions are already brewing high in the Federation.
For the past few months left-wing political activists have organized protests of varying sizes that have caused tensions to rise as they demand more accountability in areas like justice and human rights. Protests in the capital Belgae have been the worst with clashes between the right and left over the whole war. There are fears in the UFP-LFC coalition government that they might face a back bench revolt over the proposed peace and a rupture in the coalition governing the nation.
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
PaleRider

Postby NLP » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:10 am

Huge Protest against Peace Deal with Deltaria

Leftist protesters across Zardugal are protesting the government and the peace deal with Deltaria. "We don't want a single solider in Zardugal" says one protester " Zardugal has stood up against tyrants when others have not, what message would this send if we let these imperialist on our lands". Signs with messages such as democracy not monarchy and other more crude signs that suggest conservatives are sympathetic with Czarist are prevalent across the protest. People are forming militias and hoarding weapons and bullets partly in response to encouragement by NLP leaders. "Don't get us wrong we want peace but not at the expense of democracy. Zardugal still has a fighting chance against Deltaria especially since 2 of their allies left them plus opposition is growing inside Deltaria." Says Lucas Blanche governor of Sequaya.
NLP

Postby PaleRider » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:45 pm

PEACE WITH DELTARIA
Today government officials presented the public with the official peace treaty drawn up for formally ending the war. The controversial treaty has been met with extreme rejection on the left while those on the right are uneasy about the spending cuts mandated and occupation troops. As the UFP led coalition government prepares to ratify the treaty political tensions are simmering in the nation. Vocal left-wing activists have been active in the streets and police prescience is heavier in recent days as government officials worry over retaliation.
A spokesman from the Ministry of Internal Affairs has said that because of increased potential for political violence against the government of UFP party members increased security was been increased across the board.
Police gathering outside UFP party offices in Belgae.
PaleRider

Postby NLP » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Huge rejection of conservative government

The Zardic public, frustrated with conservative leadership, ousted the UFP government which had ruled since the 60's. This historic day has repercussions for the war and the very balance of power in Zardugal. Newly elected President Jane Avril has promised progressive social reform, another huge reason why the NLP won, and a fair cease fire with Deltaria. The Cease fire is a alternative to the peace treaty brought up by the UFP and is more popular among most of both the left and right. Tensions are till high in Zardugal and only time will tell if change will actually happen or if it be 4 years of gridlock.

President Jane Avril
Last edited by NLP on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
NLP

Postby PaleRider » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:15 pm

RIOTS IN ZARDUGAL
In response to the stunning comeback of the NLP in the recent elections Zardugal's political scene has been thrown into chaos along with the rest of the country. The NLP'S future in government is uncertain if they cannot form a governing coalition. By themselves they have not enough seats and with a coalition currently ruled out by the UFP there hope falls on the Lassiez-Faire Conservatives (LFC) to form a coalition government.
If a governing agreement fails the UFP plans to call for snap elections to break the deadlock. UFP spokespeople have hinted plans to drop another election if they cannot form a government.
All across Zardugal protests have erupted in major cities from Portsmouth to Port Manio to Belgae as thousands of protesters from all sides clash over the fate of the nation......
PaleRider

PreviousNext

Return to National News