Zardugal

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Zardic World Report

Postby bucsfan47 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:46 am

Zardic World Report
XXXVIII Edition

Federated Marines Undertake Jungle Exercises

Federated Marine deep in the Jungle of an undisclosed Federated Territory

July 2916-- Today the Ministry of Defense announced an exercise of the Federated Marines of Zardugal. They exercises took place deep in the jungles of the Dovani Territories, with an emphasis on jungle and guerrilla infantry tactics. Federal Minister of Defense Roger Mint called the exercises a great success. Mint reassured the press that there were no conflicts looming, but sometimes "to walk the road of peace you must be prepared to climb the mountain of conflict." 4 Marine Battalions took part in the exercise.

According to ZWR Military Analyst Chuck Brigance, "The exercise comes as no surprise and is routine, under Minister of Defense Mint, the Zardic Armed Forces have been undergoing massive overhauls and have increased the amount of training by 35%. "

MoD Mint was also quoted as saying that he looks forward to working with some of The Federations Allies in the future to combine brains and learn different training techniques.
Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant!
bucsfan47

Chaos in Vascania?

Postby Darvian » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:33 am

Zardic World Report
XXXIX Edition

Dozens Killed in Attack in Kladiv, Lasko

Belgae, Zardugal September 2917

As citizens of mainland Zardugal awoke this morning all television sets were full of conflicting reports and scenes of wanton violence. In the Federated State of Lasko, Vascania at 2AM local time in the capital city of Kladiv two explosive devices were detonated at the Faradise IV Refinery, owned by Velvastre Energy Group. The latest reports have the death toll at 24 and with 51 injured employees.

Image of Explosion; Fire Rages On

This is not the first sign of trouble out of the Federated States of Zardugal. While it received virtually no media coverage, last month an oil-tanker, owned by Vector National Oil, was the target of what the security firm B.L.S's spokesman called, 'an act of terrorism to disrupt international markets.' B.L.S. security teams were able to stop a vessel loaded with explosive devices from reaching the tanker. The tanker was headed for Federated State of Vela Remoh. This incident, while receiving little coverage, caused the Government of Zardugal to review the current contracts with the various security firms working for and in the Federation.

The timing of these incidents is far too suspect given the recent developments out of the Colonial Provinces of New Mordusia namely Gamoroson. The Holy Luthori Empire recently has been beset by terrorist factions within the recently acquired New Mordusian colonies. Twenty-one innocent civilians were killed in an attack on a major refinery owned by Hexlon. Luthori has dispatched a Battle fleet as well as Royal Marines and Colonial Legionnaires to fight suspected terrorist organization across New Mordusia. Though the progress has been steady there was an initial delay due to the poor landing conditions in the dense jungles of New Mordusia.

Recent military exercises conducted by the Zardic Marines which specifically focused on the exact terrain located in many parts of New Mordusia would on the surface appear to be a fortunate coincidence for the Luthorian Government given their good standing relations with the Federation. It is unknown if the Zardic Government has offered formal aide in New Mordusia in the past months; the Ministry of Defense has refused to comment.

The Federation of Zardugal has been keeping close tabs on the situation unfolding in the Luthorian Colonial Province of New Mordusia and it's been reported that Director-General Baelin Albrecht has been having daily talks with the Luthorian members of government as well as the Luthorian Viceroy to the Colonial Province of New Mordusia, Lord Bainbridge.

Foreign Minister Clayton Sideris in an interview on TerraWire News confirmed that the governments of Luthori and Zardugal we're working in full cooperation. Minister Sideris went onto say the recent attacks given their targets raised serious questions about security. Both attacks upon Zardugal were aimed at the oil industry and in Federated States bordered with Luthorian Colonies. F.M. Sideris had stated he'd been in contact with his counterpart in Luthori and had advised the Luthorian Government to seriously consider raising security measures in and around New Mordusia as well as Namviet.

As we obtain further verifiable information we will keep our readers posted. All calls to Sel'Rakrya's headquarters have gone unanswered. If these attacks are related, it is unknown as are a great many other things.
Darvian

Postby bucsfan47 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:09 am

Zardic World Report
XL Editon

Hackers cripple Oil Rigs

Off the Coast of Federated Vascania-2918- Once again the Federation is under attack! Specifically Velvastre Energy Group and its Oil rigs off the coasts of Federated Vascania. Reports are coming out that currently 5 of the 8 oil rigs are completely shut down and not producing. The Rigs are completely automated with everything from data transmission to drilling to sophisticated navigation systems that maintain the platform's position over the wellhead are controlled via wireless links to onshore facilities. The high tech rigs cost about 700 Million ZAR a piece to build have some of the most sophisticated robotics but the software has not caught up and it is quite simple to cause chaos if you know what to look for and what you are doing. It seems as if somebody with inner knowledge of the rigs and thier software was involved as [according to BLS Cyber Crimes Division] all 5 rigs completely shutdown within 15 minutes of each other and all attempts to trace the source of the operations lead to dead ends or simple gibberish.

This attack has the possiblity to be the most costliest in Modern Zardic [possibly Terran] History, with 62.5 percent of oil production in the region being shut down. The effects of the attacks will hit the Federation and the nations which rely on the black gold from Federated Vascania deep in their pockets.

When contact BLS had no comment but an inside source leaked to the ZWR that the attack is directly related to recent bombings the Valvastre Refinery and most likely the same group is responsible.

Already a slew of statements are coming out of Belgae, ranging from those criticizing Valvastre and BLS for lax security even after the recent bombings to those calling for investors and those on the stock market to remain calm and not to panic. Clearly the Federation will be in trouble if the terrorists responsible for these recent attacks are not apprehended and stopped.

This has been ZWR reporting fast and reporting true.....
bucsfan47

Postby bucsfan47 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:04 am

Zardic World Report
XLI edition

United Alliance continues Election Dominance

July 2922 The Zardic election results are in and all ballots have been totaled and calculated. For the fifth straight election the United Alliance has gained seats. The UA has enjoyed this success in the Directorate and seems as firm as ever in its position as the leading party of the Federation carrying just over 50 percent of the seats in the National Directorate and winning 4 out of the 5 regions of Zardugal. Issac Mervyn--the current Director of State and leader of the United Alliance-- was estatic at the announcement of the results. "The people who cared came out and showed their support. Once again we see the passion that the people have for our party and The Zardic Coalition. The successes we've had in the recent elections show that the people approve of our directors and the vision we have for the nation and the direction we want to take the Federation.

The Director of State continued on to wish congratulations to The Federal Republicans and there success in the Director General elections. Mervyn also went on to state that the Zardic Citizens should expect a slew of legislation from the United Alliance in the near future. The Federation is in a critical point in its history, with attacks recently in Federated Vascania, The Reformation of The Axis Alliance, and increased expectations from its citizenry. The United Alliance will be the key to the continued prosperity of The entire Zardic Federation.
bucsfan47

Postby Darvian » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:56 am

Zardic World Report
XLII Edition

Markets Stabilize Despite Continued Attacks

Belgae, Zardugal
February 2918

The terrorist attacks against the energy markets may be un-resolved and given the latest incident with again, Velvastre Energy Group, the Federation's markets have plenty of room to be cautious. Given the most recent and possibly largest ever terrorist attack that halted V.E.G's production by nearly 63% and caused significant structural damage to numerous off shore oil rigs. V.E.G. has been hardest hit of all the Zardic based companies thus far which has lead to other companies working in tandem with V.E.G. to protect their assets.

Despite the grim news the Director-General met personally with the heads of many of the companies working in all of Zardugal's Federated States ranging from Squibble, Dovani and Vascania. After the meeting the Z.S.E.C. posted gains of 8% by the closing bell.

Director-General Sideris Discussing Investment Opportunities in Federated States

"Director-General Sideris and Minister Thamion made it quite clear that the situation in the Federated States while turbulent is more than under control," Fyodor Ibenez, C.E.O. of Vector National Oil, said after the meeting. Dorota Alojzia, C.F.O. of V.E.G. said of the meeting, "Alison, (MoF Thamion)Mr. Sideris and Minister Kyle are each incredibly qualified and informed. Frankly, I was stunned. I've read the papers and it's been chaos at the office not knowing what's going on. Today though with what has been proposed I have very little worries about the future or the damage done by these trouble makers!"
Darvian

Postby Darvian » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:36 am

Zardic World Report
Special Report

Foreign Minister Radovan on the Record

Kostandian Bay, Unkassa, Zardugal
May, 2918

After months of public silence Foreign Ministry Radovan has spoken out on the issues effecting the Federated States of Zardugal as well as the former situation in New Mordusia. F.M. Radovan spoke with Zardic World Report's Editorial Board. A full video of the interview is available on our website as well as the full transcript. It would be impossible for us to re-print everything said. We thank Former Minister Radovan for taking the time to speak with us for well over two-hours.

Z.W.R: Is there anything in specific you can tell us about the joint operations undertaken by the Federation and the Holy Luthorian Empire, The Williamsborough Herald has reported that in large part the success of their victory against Green Saber was due to Sel'Rakrya and direct Zardic involvement?

Foreign Minister Radovan

"What's sad is the fact I can't off the top of my head tell you how long the Federation and the Holy Luthori Empire have been such close allies. Sure, we've had our differences and our views on governance are fundamentally opposite of one another. Despite such minor things however for centuries our governments have worked closely. Surely this is an excellent example for all of Terra. And if I might say, one of the most unique and unlikely alliance.

You asked what details I was able to provide. I'm able to tell you that Director-General Sideris and his counterpart Emperor George III and his Government were in agreement on a number of issues. On Dovani at the border with Gamoroson the Zardic Ministry of Defense D.G. Sideris upon advisement of the Ministry of Defense authorized Luthorian Marines and Colonial Forces to enter our Dovanian Federated States under a very liberal framework. Ultimately, I don't believe this was needed. You would have to ask Minister Mint for more specifics on this.

The Zardic Foreign Ministry it should go without saying, has been in overdrive the past few months. Accordingly, I've been in daily if not multiple times a day talks with Viceroy Bainbridge and Viceroy Freehold. I've also had the pleasure of speaking with His Honor Siegfried Leitemberg whose efforts can't possibly be praised enough. Overall I must say, from my own experiences the last few years I can see why the Luthorian and Zardic people have for centuries worked so well together and, permitted I remain Foreign Minister I will be working aggressively to continue to build upon this special relationship."

Z.W.R: Indeed, the Williamsborough Herald's reporting through the Luthori Central News Network makes it quite clear that the Zardic Government and Sel'Rakrya played a pivotal role This is the first time in many years that Sel'Rakrya has been mentioned and let alone in such a major way. Surely as Foreign Minister and a potential candidate for the Director-General post itself you must know something of this or are you prepared to state that the reporting from Luthori is an error?

"My my. . .where to begin. First let me say I've no intention of seeking the post that Director-General Sideris holds; I respect him and I respect the will of my party. On factual items indeed, as Foreign Minister one might assume to believe I am aware of all the various operations abroad. The fact is, this has been an issue for the Ministry of Defense and I've nothing else to add on this end. My mandate is clear and it is not to micro manage rebellions. "

Z.W.R. With the acquisition of the former colonies of Lourenne and the lingering issues on Dovani, Squibble, Midway, Vascania and Namviet is the Zardic Government making any progress on a uniform system of governance across the Federation or as some have speculated, will each case be given its own considerations?

"This is one of the most contentious, controversial and time-consuming issues. I can say that the spirit of former Foreign Minister Balfour lives on and the Federation desires a uniform system across all of the Federated States as well as the Federal States. We continue to work closely with members of the Luthorian and Hulstrian governments for advisement on these complex issues and as well members of the Vanuku and Rutanian governments. "
Darvian

Postby Darvian » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:54 pm

Zardic World Report
XLII

The New Mordusian Uprising Under Control

Belgae, Unkassa, Zardugal
June, 2918

Luthori Central News Network is reporting that the fighting and attacks in New Mordusia are over. A faction known as Green Saber has been credited for the uprising and attacks on various facilities. The Luthorian Royal Marines under the command of Commander Leitemberg have been credited for ensuring the terrorists were apprehended and brought to justice. Commander Leitemberg stated, ' today, once again, the enemies of the (Luthorian) Empire have been crushed and order has been restored.'

Deputy Minister of Defense General Navaratte praised the Luthorian Royal Marines and Colonial Forces for their swift resolution to the problems impacting not just Luthori and the Federation. "We're in a new reality as we've witnessed. The cyber attacks on V.E.G's mainframes and the attacks orchestrated by Green Saber illustrates how interconnected all of Terra is. This groups goal was to seemingly disrupt international markets and slaughter innocent civilians." The Deputy Minister of Defense went onto not only agree but mentioned specific measures that the Zardic Government were undertaking in cooperation with the Luthorian government. As General Navaratte put it, 'the warnings from Viceroy Freehold are not going to be taken lightly. The Federation is standing united with our allies to ensure these mindless terrorists are tramped down-no matter where the rats pop up.'

The spokesman for the Director-General after an afternoon cabinet meeting briefed the press on what had been discussed and what the various Ministries views and policies were to be. It was decided that the current level of security forces within Federated Vascania alongside the security-firms was more than stuffient. Security firms will be given a new tax incentive for every contract accepted in the Federated Stated of Zardugal to help spur on economic growth across the Federation and to ensure more protection for the re-building efforts.
Darvian

Postby Darvian » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:06 am

Zardic World Report
Special Report

Director-General Slain by Assassin

September, 2927

Director-General Sideris; June 8th 2866-September 27th 2927

The Director-General of the Federation has been struck down my an assassin's bullet. Director-General Sideris in a planned trip to the Federated State of Lasko in which he visited several of the sites struck by terrorist groups several years ago. The Director General was being covered by TerraWire News, Z.N.N. and Radio Free Terra with each network having a camera live on the tarmac where Director-General Sideris would take his last walk.

The news and ghastly scenes began to hit televisions locally at nearly 2AM in the morning. By the prime hours of 6AM most news affiliates had stopped carrying the unedited footage and showing only up to the frame where our Director-General falls to the ground. From the unedited video it's clear the shot came from an expert marksman at the very least. The closest point of access to the Director-General given the Lasko International Airport was shutdown to all traffic while the Director-General was on the ground.

The D.G. was flanked by his usual entourage of aides and body guards when without warning the elderly Mr. Sideris' head jerked violently and he fail to the ground. Before hitting the ground Sel'Rakryan agents had the D.G. covered by all angles and moving towards the Director-General's private jet. The bullet entered the front left temporal lobe and according to the statement released by the D.G's doctors and killed the D.G. instantly. In the footage from Z.N.N. it appears as if a bullet struck a Sel'Rakryan agent not even seconds before the D.G. was shot. It is unknown if two shots were fired or if it was the same shot. We expect these details to be forthcoming.

Security personal were unable to capture the assassin alive. ZNN's footage captured glimpses of presumably Sel'Rakryan agents approach the assassin; when the shooter took a pistol and shot himself. The people of Zardugal since the rise of the Federal Republicans nearly four centuries ago have never experienced the loss of a head of state while in office, as far as Z.W.R. can report this is the first time in Zardic history our head of state has been slain.

Per the constitution of the Federation the immediate successor to the Director-General is the Deputy-Director General; an office created in 2739. Normally the Deputy Director-General functions as a chief advisor to the Director-General and via the War Powers Act of 2750 is also formally apart of the nations National Security Council. The constitutional amendments which set the precedent for the Deputy-Director General have never been put to the test but, it appears as if there has been no apparent constitutional crisis.

Former Deputy Director-General Jonathan Cassian was sworn in as Director-General, just minutes after the official release of the time of death of Director-General Sideris, by the Zardic Chief Justice Randall Augustine. Cameras were not available for the event however, audio recordings and cell phones captured the scene in a eerily vacant National Directorate. In his first formal response from the Government of Zardugal interim Director-General Cassian delivered a stirring speech urging citizens to remain calm and vowing revenge.

". . .I've already called for and met with the Security Council. We've taken the steps we feel necessary in light of the unfortunate events. The Director of State, all cabinet members and the Joint Chiefs of Staff have been briefed and are working as I speak to ensure the Federation continues to function without interruption. The anarchists of Vascania may have won a battle but, the war has yet to begin. . ." The interim D.G. Cassian also stated troop readiness levels had been adjusted to DEFCON-1, REDCON-1a and the Federal States of Zardugal as well as the Federated State of Lasko were under FPCON DELTA.
Darvian

Postby Darvian » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Zardic World Report
XLIII Edition

A Nation in Mourning

September, 2927

All across the Federation scenes of raw emotion has filled the streets. Before going to print the crowd gathered at the National Directorate had already began to spill down Kostandian Way, the historical infrastructural artery which goes right down the center of Belgae. The first shots of the National Directorates outer cordon were available only by helicopter footage from local news affiliate B.W.I.X. in Belgae. At the present it is impossible to put a count on the number of people gathered.

After this morning's briefing from Interim Director-General Cassian nearly every Minster, Deputy Minister and Directors of the Directorate were going on the record in the wake of the shocking news of the assassination of the Federation's Director-General. One thing can be said with certainty, emotions are running high and tempers short. The Deputy Minister of Defense, on the record, called for the Federated State of Lasko to be turned into a bombing range; a comment he will most likely regret and retract.

Senior Director of the city of Belgae, on the record, expressed his views that he feared more uprisings in Federated Vascania. "They (Ministry of Defense) told us these attacks first in Dovani and then in Vascania and Namviet were under control. I sit on the Federated States Intelligence Committee and was told directly by the Ministry of Defense that this rag-tag group of terrorists calling themselves the Green Sabers had been sorted. Clearly someone got something wrong, horribly wrong."

Foreign Minister Radovan was caught by Z.W.R's Anthony Kinkade, Senior editor of the Dovani Bureau of Z.W.R, who asked the Foreign Minister for a comment. F.M. Radovan had just arrived at the Foreign Ministry and exited the car and invited Mr. Kinkade inside the Foreign Ministries complex. F.M. Radovan opted to walk the long path to the Foreign Ministry past the security check-point with Mr. Kinkade in tow. As the F.M. and Mr. Kinkade drew closer to the Foreign Ministry F.M. Radovan walked to the flag pole and lowered the Zardic Flag to half mast and gave a solemn salute.

"All I have to say is the Federation lost a great man today and I've lost a great friend. I've yet to read all the papers Mr. Kinkade, but I suspect tomorrows obituaries hardly do Director-General Sideris justice, so please get my words down right. Director-General Sideris survived by his adoring wife, four beautiful children and two grandchildren as well as the entire Federation." Z.W.R. endorses the comments made by F.M. Radovan and we wish to extend our personal condolences to the family of Director-General Clayton Sideris.
Darvian

Postby bucsfan47 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:17 am

Zardic World Report
XLIV Edition

Zardic Coaltion Takes Swift Action

Outside a newly constructed Interrogation Center

Lasko—October 2928—
3 key ministries (Defense, Internal Affairs, and Justice) have been in close contact over the past few days after the tragic assassination of The Director General in Federated Vascania and one organization has been on there mind, “Green Sabre”.

Minister of Internal Affairs Felix Herman addressed the media earlier in the day

The Government will use an iron fist against all those who have anything to do with Green Sabre or were involved in any way with the assassination of Director General Sideris. Effective Immediately there will be curfews in all of Federated Vascania and the military along with Black Leopard Security will be out in mass force on the streets assuming tight control of the population. We will root out these terrorists and those who support them, justice will be swift and immediate. As we speak interrogation centers are being constructed by Zardic Engineers in all major cities in Federated Vascania. For far too long, The Federation has been lenient on Federated Vascania, we have improved infrastructure, education, and the general quality of living without asking too much in return. How are we repaid?! They take in the Green Sabre Terrorists and rob us of my good good friend and close ally Director General Sideris!! Now is the time ladies and gentleman. NOW IS WHEN WE LOWER THE MIGHTY BOOT OF THE PEOPLE ON THE COCKROACHES WHO ATTEMPT TO DESTROY OUR WAY OF LIFE!!

Strong words from Minister Herman, who still seems very emotional at the loss of what was known to be a close friend. Things are becoming quite bleak in Federated Vascania, rumors are running spreading like wildfire, and tensions are almost as hot.

BLS crowd control outside of Ministry of Internal Affairs office in Lasko

Increased Police Presence mentioned by MoIA
bucsfan47

PreviousNext

Return to National News