Dundorf

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Dundorf

Postby _nicolo_02 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:39 am

Exclusive Interview to FM Stella Bechthold
The Nordenhausen Allgemeine Zeitung sat in a interview with the Foreign Minister.
November 5471

From left to right: Jörg Ritter, Zeitung's top political journalist, Stella Bechtholdt, Foreign Minister and Olaf Kreisler-Schumacher, a former DSDP Chancellor in the 30s and 40s.

DUNBURG, ODERVELD - The past 20th August, following a provocation from the Beiteynuese Navy, the Lourennais Navy fired in self-defence against a Beiteynuese boat, marking the start of the Lourennais-Beiteynuese War, a conflict that sees everyone in Terra very concerned for broader military and economic repercussions, including in Dundorf; for this reason we decided to interview the Foreign Minister, Ms. Stella Bechtholdt, with the purpose of reassuring our readers on the complicated World Situation:
Jörg Ritter, interviewer: Thank you for receiving us, Frau Foreign Minister
Stella Bechtholdt, Minister: It’s my pleasure, I’ve always had a lot of respect for your newspaper.
R: Everyone in Dundorf is concerned about a spillover of the Beiteynuese-Lourennais conflict that involves us, what can you say to our concerned citizens?
B: The Federal Republic will maintain an alliegance to our provoked friend, the United Kingdom of Lourenne, but our policy in regards of military involvement doesn't change: we'll use armed forces only in the case we need to respond to an attack against Dundorf. In 253 years of Republic, that policy was triggered only once, when we suffered an attack from the former Kirlawan Junta.
R: Maintaining an Alliegance likely means that Dundorf will show support in some ways to Lourenne, if not militarily, how?
B: First of all, we are left with no choice but to recall home the Dundorfian diplomatic delegation in Yishelem. The provocation from the Homeland State is untolerable, but a line of contact will remain in place between my office and the Beiteynuese Government for emergency communications. We already received assurances that our delegation will be allowed to leave safely the country. Secondly, we will place a powerful humanitarian contingent that will service the wounded Lourennais people, with top doctors, nurses and social workers ready to allievate the sufferances of our attacked friends. We are not ruling out other economic help for the United Kingdom, but I can't disclose further.
R: What kind of economic help?
B: [...]
R: I sense I won't get an answer. But what about other countries in Artania who would support Beiteynu?
B: I can confirm that we do not intend to cease relations with them, we understand their alliegance, but I think they also recognize who provoked who. Instead, Dundorf, as already stated, will offer its leadership and willingness to work with them to maintain peace in the continent, and that is a shared objective with leaders like Narikenland & Darnussia, Kundrati and Luthori.
R: Your past announcent has made mount rumours that Dundorf is working for a candidacy for the W.C.'s Security Counicl Seat A. Do you have anything to say about that?
B: Uhm...[pause]
R: Are you not willing to respond to that, either?
B: Actually, I can. Yes, I can confirm that the work of this Office in the past months was to prepare a candidacy [to the Seat A] and soon we'll release a official statement. I just wasn't sure if giving you an exclusive news or not, but I like you.
R: Well, should I thank you? [small laughter from both]
B: There's also another thing I'd like to speak about, Jörg.
R: What is it, Minister?
B: It's about the fact that the withdrawal of our diplomatic mission from Yishelem is not irreversible: we're ready to re-establish it as soon as the military conflict ends from their part, and also that the trade relation, while it will suffer a lack of confidence and natural decrease, will not be ceased fully. That's about the fact that Dundorf is serious when it says it doesn't search for conflict.
R: I understand. Now, about the standing of your party in the polls...[interrupted]
B: What about it? I'm not here to discuss domestic issues.
R: But...
B: But, you can interview the Federal Secretary of the Party for that. Are we done?
R: My next questions were about domestic pol...[interrupted]
B: Then my understanding is that we're done. Thank you very much, Jörg, it was a pleasure.
R: Likewise, Minister.
_nicolo_02

Postby _nicolo_02 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:57 pm

Breaking: Foreign Office officializes SC bid
After months of speculation, the Foreign Office officially ended silence

DUNBURG, ODERVELD - Instant edition of the Zeitung, dear readers, to let you know of the following statement released just moments ago by the Foreign Office, officially stating that Dundorf will start seeking votes for the Seat A of the W.C.'s Security Council. Read yourself here:
_nicolo_02

Postby _nicolo_02 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:08 pm

Minister comments on "Hubris war" and Kundrati
The Foreign Minister has hinted that an Artanian spillover of the conflict must be kept away 'at all costs'.
February 5473

DUNBURG, ODERVELD - The Foreign Minister, the now well-known Stella Bechtholdt, has reiterated Dundorf's non-military policy in a Sunday evening press conference, amid rising tensions between Kundrati and Beiteynu and therfore, growing concerns that a spillover of the Beiteynuese-Lourennais war may reach the Artanian continent too. Bechtholdt, who's part of an outgoing cabinet, waiting for political forces to come and agree to a new government, has stated that Dundorf's policy in regards of military interventions 'should not change' and 'will not change' under any federal government - calming growing market tensions in Nordenhaus (seat of the Dundorfische Börse).

The press conference, which was originally not planned, was called after a number of journalists formally requested it to the Foreign Office because of these mounting concerns, Bechthold decided to calm markets and peoples by commenting on some issues, like the Kundrati's anti-Beiteynu actions:
We're glad that the anti-imperialist cause that our Lourennais friends are fighting for is gaining more supporters, even those who just years ago supported that imperialism, perhaps these Artanian countries who wish to support our cause should do it by following Dundorf's non-interventionst but resolute example.

Then, when asked about the progresses of the Lourennais navy in the ongoing conflict with Beiteynu, Bechtholdt said that a quick victory of the United Kingdom is what most people want, and it looks like it will be the outcome of the war (this comment was welcomed particularly as 'bold', as the Foreign Minister is usually a very objective woman). She added:
We're seeing a very strong nation [Lourenne], fighting for democratic, humanitarian and anti-imperial ideals, and we couldn't be more proud of being the prime supporter of that effort. Let me add: a victory of Lourenne is a victory for the quickest peace possible.

After the press conference, sources told us that the Minister had a round of calls with Kasaema, Eroncourt, Yishelem, Fort William and Bannerhafen, in which (the sources tell us) the recommitment to Dundorf's current policy was made, and in which assurances on the course of the conflict were asked - but we couldn't get more informations than that.
_nicolo_02

Postby Drax » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:29 pm

ODERVELD - LEUCHTFEUER

Karl-Heinrich Kronbach

CENTRIST MINORITY COALITION FORMING GOVERNMENT

Bundestag, August 17, 5473: ODERVELD – LEUCHTFEUER asked former Defence Minister Karl-Heinrich Kronbach, slated to become Chancellor in the minority coalition which seemed likely to have the votes to become the governing coalition, whether his administration would be a caretaker government. Kronbach replied;

Certainly a logical question, but we do not have the luxury of such a course. It appears that the war between two Security Council members, one of which is our closest ally, does appear to be winding down but only after a dangerous expansion. Alliances are in flux and we need for the Foreign Office to be on top of threats and opportunities.

Why, you may well ask, not just go our own way. Because we have thrived as an active participant in the Terran economy. Let me say this, although we intend to govern from the center, we will be continuing the international relations policies pursued by most preceding administrations including the most recent.

I do understand the real reason for your question. Almost all administrations have been led by either the largest party on the left or the largest party on the right. This is a real departure conceived by the LDU and we hope to demonstrate we can govern quite as effectively from the center as has been done from the right or left. So much rides on performance. We are very appreciative that Bundespräsident Wolfgang Hromadka agreed to this arrangement.

In addition to grappling with difficult international terrain, we are looking forward to pursuing further promotion of cultural celebration with the Pan-Dundorfian League, analyzing our energy policy goals with environmental concerns in mind and looking at educational reforms in an age where technology increasingly demands attention.

And of course we hope to prevent church versus state concerns or nationalizing versus privatizing from occupying all our and your attention.

Bundestag
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby _nicolo_02 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:51 pm

Maibaum-Bain presents new electric car
The notorious car manifacturer announces electric fleet's expansion.
February 5475

in other news:
- New centrist cabinet struggles with religious policy, but succeeds with foreign policy as Yingdala treaty is passed and pan-Dundorfianism seems to have a bright future ahead.
- "Dorvish Liberal Revolution" increases hopes of new and fair cooperation with the former Eagle.
- A dating app from N&D seems to be behind "copulation epidemic" among Dundorfians. Ministry of Health dismisses conservative groups' concerns.

Maibaum-Bain ECK, the new electric brand from MB.

NORDENHAUS, DUNLAKE - At the 5475 Nordenhaus Motor Show, which every reader of ours remember being first held in 5442, Maibaum-Bain AG officially announced the creation of a new electric model produced in Dundorf, a model that will increase the size of MB's current fleet and also cover the growing market request of electric cars, in Dundorf and elsewhere.
The design of this model, that you can see in the picture above the text, was started 2 and a half years ago by aautomobile designers and stylists wanting to reach smooth and elegant shapes, typical of Dundorfian cars, combined with state-of-the-art technological and mechanic features, thanks to the dedicated professionals working in the past months. And there goes the result, Maibaum-Bain ECK1, featuring a very technological interior with a very large display, and quality fabrics. But the best is yet to come: if you buy MB ECK1, you'll buy a car able to sprint up to 250 km/h, ideal for our country's autobahns, and able to reach 100 km/h in a little under five seconds. You can recharge this car in no more than thirty minutes and then start your trip who whoever you want, anywhere, as nothing and no-one stops ECK1.
We decided to interview a few visitors of the Motor Show:
Truly exceptional. I have saved enough to afford it but will have to renounce it up as my wife wrecked two of the three cars we had during our marriage.
- Georg Scheidung, 52, from Nordenhaus (OOC: check the translation for his surname)

I love cars, I am a professional taxi cab driver and my company will never buy something like this to drive, truly a shame. I think the Government should make sure all taxis are now luxury cars!
- Thalia Reich, 29, from Dunburg

I am extremely skeptic about these hippy cars. They are for the greens and people like that, but I'll admit the design is cool.
- Theodore Sehralt, 82, from Oberegg
_nicolo_02

Postby _nicolo_02 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:12 pm

As FM flies to Tian'an, Bundestag ratifies 'Beer Pact' treaty
Dundorf will be attending the much anticipated conference in Tian'an with Foreign Minister Bechtholdt.
June 5475

in other news:
- Lourenne and Kundrati's markets favorites to see arrival of Maibaum-Bain's electric vehicles.
- The diplomatic delegation to Beiteynu will return after a peace treaty with Lourenne is signed, confirms Foreign Office.
- Bratwurst eating competition sees a new record, a 55-year-old man wins prize.

DUNBURG, ODERVELD - The so-called Bierpakt (Luthorian: Beer Pact) between Dundorf and Narikenland & Darnussia has been officialized by the Bundestag's vote, last month, on the Treaty of Dundorfian Fraternization, which officially enshrines a partnerships between the two countries and marks a new big step towards the idea of Pan-Dundorfianism, recently emabrced by our Government and the N&D Government. The Foreign Office declared that this is only the most recent step by the Dundorfian government to establish formal treaties of partnership and friendship with its Artanian neighbors and not only, and that the goal is to 'keep going', hinting that negotiations are currently underway to reach a similar agreement with Luthori:
Cooperation and harmony is the policy of our Republic, and we are establishing friendly relationship with all of our continental partners with these treaties, and not only them. We'll discuss in the next years a treaty with Luthori and we'll consider this mission largely accomplished then. The treaty with N&D it's not just a partnership like any other: it is the re-fraternization of our Dundorfian peoples that have put us in common for so much time.
- Stella Bechtholdt, Foreign Minister

The Minister has also presented to us a logo symbolizing the "Bierpakt", that features the colors of the Dundorfian and dual-republican flag, and that adopts the beer as its symbol:
The Foreign Minister was also seen, this morning, embarking in a plane towards Tian'an, Yingdala, in order to attend the notorious and widely-discussed conference, which aim is to discuss and determine the order of the future Terra. We asked her for a comment on that:
Dundorf will attend the conference in its capacity as a global voice for cooperation and mutual understanding, we'll bring our presence to make sure these powers meet just not to impose things, but to build positively from the bottom-up a Terran order capable of suiting every nation and that bolsters cooperation.
_nicolo_02

Postby Drax » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 am

ODERVELD - LEUCHTFEUER

Chancellor Kronbach

DIPLOMATIC ACTIVITY

Chancellery, October 17, 5475: ODERVELD – LEUCHTFEUER asked Chancellor Karl-Heinrich Kronbach, after a legislative staff meeting, what kind of activity was occupying the end of his term as chancellor, and he replied:

For one thing, there has been a lot of diplomatic activity. We were invited to the Tian’an Conference by the government of the Son of Heaven to look at ways to prevent future wars like the one between Moledet Medinat and Royaume Uni de Lourenne and some other issues. Foreign Minister Dr. Stella Bechtholdt headed our delegation.

We were then invited to the actual peace conference concerning that war in Ciudad de Gadur and so Dr. Bechtholdt departed for Ciudad de Gadur to represent the Bundesrepublik after expressing to the representatives of the Son of Heaven her deep appreciation for the honor of the invitation and the hospitality she had received in Tian’an. Defense Minister Joachim Bodenschatz was dispatched to serve as the interim head of the delegation to the Tian’an conference.

The Government of Her Imperial Majesty, The Empress of Ananto and Kalistan, appears to be holding a conference on creating a default or standard currency which is a project which could be very important as a financial benchmark. Accordingly I hope either Finance Minister Gunther Kliemann or I will be able to attend it.

These conferences in addition to ratification of the Bierpakt between the Dual Republic and the Bundesrepublik have made in busy time for the Foreign Office.
Drax

Postby Drax » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:43 am

ODERVELD - LEUCHTFEUER

Chancellor Kronbach

ENERGY ACTIVITY

Neukirchstadt, April 17, 5476: Chancellor Karl-Heinrich Kronbach met with campaign personnel at Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP) Headquarters in Neukirchstadt to discuss authorized expenditures and issue emphasis. As usual religious freedom topped that list, but ODERVELD – LEUCHTFEUER asked him what else they would be emphasizing, and he responded:

We are making real progress on our energy policy goals. Babs Grunwald, our Minister of Science and Technology, tells me our tenth nuclear powered electricity generating facility is nearing completion. It is being built in Rabesburg in Chontalan Bundeslander. That will be two per Bundeslander.

In addition to NKK providing much of our electricity from nuclear power plants, the Bundedstag has passed Umweltagenda 5480 der Bundesumweltministeriums, legisla-tion designed to promote through subsidies the private construction and use of hydroeleccric, wind and solar generated electricity to greatly augment the capacity of our electrical power grid.

And the public should begin to see why. The introduction of the Maibaum-Bain ECK1 by Malbaum-bain, AG, demonstrates that a high performance and highly desirable vehicle can run on electricity rather than fossil fuel. If, if what? If there are sufficient charging stations to handle a large part of our transportation running on electricity. And not restricted to a charging station at home. It can be done. But we have to have the serious increase in available power. Then we can ger serious about charging stations.

Asked by ODERVELD – LEUCHTFEUER how he thought the election would go, Kronbach responded:

I really believe we have clearly demonstrated government from the center can be every bit as successful as from the right or left. Nonetheless, it is quite likely the next governing coalition will be a reversion to the usual pattern.
Drax

Postby _nicolo_02 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:46 pm

Minister Weidinger inaugurates renovated national Museum
The Staatliches Museum Dundorf (SMD) underwent critical works of reparation and it reopened this week.
July 5476

The State Museum of Dundorf in central Dunburg.

DUNBURG, ODERVELD - As people who recently visited the capital and the people living there know, the SMD, short for Staatliches Museum Dundorf (State Museum of Dundorf), was closed since the beginning of the last autumn, in September, in order to receive maintenance and critical works of renovation, after the old structure was losing its plaster and beauty. One of the most known structures in Dunburg couldn't be left in that status, a place where millions of tourists a year go to, and which architecture students are inspired by, for example because of its ionic columns. For these reasons, the Federal Ministry of Culture, led by Niklas Weidinger, decided to spend up to 350 millions of DUM in order to perform the renovation and bring back the SMD to the old splendour, a process not limited to the external renovation: but also thanks to the new investments in personnell's formation, security devices for the artworks and the general organization of the Museum.
Last week, the works were finally completed and the Museum, with the new staff, was able to open up again, welcoming visitors, free of charge for the first week. After that, the ticket price has been slashed to just 2 DUM, from the previous 10, thanks to a partnership between the City of Dunburg and the Museum director - whom we interviewed:
We are very proud to welcome the Minister and the Mayor to this grand-style inauguration of the SMD, these people were instrumental in providing the funds we needed to restore the Museum to its old glory and to decrease our ticket prices so that culture is more easily accessible for everyone. Eventually, we will work out a plan that allows us to welcome visitors with free tickets.
- Dr. Mathilda Intelligente-Frau, 69, Director of the SMD.
_nicolo_02

Postby LC73 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:41 am

Free Liberal Party Newsletter

Kunkel Out, Langer In

Free Liberal Party leader Rosemarie Kunkel has decided to stand down. She says that as she has achieved better results for the party and reintroduced it back to government that it is right for someone else to take over. Some see this as an expected position after the election as Kunkel has not taken a position in the Wahner cabinet. Under her leadership the party fell to its lowest winning only 27 seats in the 5469 election. She did not change the party of the platform that much which meant that with a new Libertas party and a more right wing New Liberal Party, the FLP lost influence. This did change in the runup of the 5476 election when Kunkel announced that the party would turn to become more secular to win some liberal secure voters who had been voting left. This worked and saw the party’s best result in a decade. The FLP were part of two governments under her tenue. One centrist minority government and the current right wing cabinet.

Shortly after her resignation the young upstart politician Dierk Langer was announced to become leader with no one else standing in the race. The 35 year old comes from the former FLP stronghold of Julstoch and was part of the Libertas led cabinets in the state before joining the national party. Due to his youth and good track record in the state he was made Justice minister in the Kronbach cabinet and Internal affairs in the Wahner cabinet. He is seen as a continuation for the FLP from Kunkel. It is widely accepted that the party is fighting for survival in this rapidly changing political scene. There are even some rumours that Langer will do a deal with the Liberal Democratic Union to join its grouping. If this was the case it would fore the party to toe a centrist line but could prove to be a powerful block in future elections.

Dierk Langer campaigning in the 5476 election
LC73

PreviousNext

Return to National News