Trigunia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Rech Naroda (Speech of the People)

Postby Zanz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:26 pm

Речь Народа
WITH SETBACKS ON DOMESTIC POLICY, PRESIDENT STEAMS FORWARD ON INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS, VISITING KLAVIA AND TELAMON

The failures of the Modern Military Act and the Modern Health Act with even Republican Party opposition have done little to temper the passions of Trigunia's controversial president. Lyonya Brantov, who expressed only minor discontent with the failure of the policies, explained that "when the voters of Trigunia throw all the scum out in a little over a year, you'll see what progress we're capable of making." Republican Party opposition to the acts was not particularly surprising, as that party caters to a more centrist base than does White Trigunia, and the acts had been broadly derided as homophobic and regressive.

Nonetheless, the President remains starkly popular among Trigunians, who surveys suggest the public sees as "unapologetically real" and "willing to speak truth to power." The President's foreign policy in particular is widely viewed as a "return to Trigunian relevancy." The President seems to be aware of the importance of this foreign policy to his reelection chances, as he has undertaken yet another foreign trip, this time to Telamon and Klavia, two nations visited by his Foreign Minister Miloradov in the Days of September, where he met with his counterparts to continue negotiations on closer relations.

In Telamon, alongside Trigunian Finance Minister Ivan Kharitonovich (RP), Lyonya announced that his administration would purchase from the Telan government a large sum of government bonds, which have seen their international ratings drop as the result of an ongoing economic crisis which Telamon and Trigunia maintain is caused by Hutori, an accusation denied by Hutori. The purchase of bonds represents a vital influx of liquidity for the struggling Telan government, while it could also return profits for the Trigunian government in the long run if, as Lyonya appears to be betting, the Telan economy recovers.

In Klavia, Lyonya announced that his government and the government of Klavia had reached an agreement allowing for the free movement of citizens between the two nations, alongside a series of reciprocal tariffs which will allow for a closer integration of the economies of Trigunia and Klavia.

Notably, while in Klavia, Lyonya caused some controversy by stating mysteriously (and apparently unprompted) that "Dorvik has a lot to answer for in New Englia, the situation is terrible and where are they?" Asked to comment later, the Administration declined to comment on what the President had meant by this statement.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Zanz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:39 pm

Речь Народа
LYONYA: "SOLDATEV IS INDICATION TRUDOVIKS WISH THEY HAD ME"

Lyonya has yet again made waves, appearing on a late night show and "throwing shade" (a term used by his rabid online following) at newly-elected Trudoviy Demokratichnyy Front chairman Matvey Soldatov, who has a reputation as a "man of the people," a title the President seems jealously willing to apply solely to himself.

Lyonya appears often on late night shows, a practice at first advised against by his political campaign but lately believed to be central to his political genius

In the interview, undertaken on the popular show Novosti Segodnya Vecherom (Luth: The News Tonight), Lyonya responded to a string of questions from host Anton Maximovich regarding the incoming Labor Democratic leader.

AM: Have you read the news about the Trudoviks, then?

Lyonya: You know I only read the news now and then... It's so draining. You have to weed through pages and pages of trash written by some twenty eight year old anthropology major just to get to the details we normal Trigunians want to see...

AM: But you heard about Katayev and Soldatev, surely?

Lyonya: Listen, I pay attention to the Trudoviks now and then because some of their voters are good people, just confused, or maybe they tried to cast their votes for us and the polls weren't fair. I don't know. But yes, I heard that the Trudoviks have put someone a lot like me into power... Smart, I think.

AM: You mean because he's a blue collar guy?

Lyonya: I guess he is, if you say so. He only went into construction as a fallback, though, didn't he? Big shot lawyer can't get work because he's too controversial so he slums it with the workers for a bit... I don't know if that makes him a 'man of the people' like some of the media are claiming, I think it makes him more of a political stunt, but hey. Soldatev is an indication that the Trudoviks wish they had me! [*audience, Lyonya, and AM laugh*]
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Leob » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:45 pm

Matvey Soldatov meets with workers

In a meeting with union workers in Lishchensk, Soldatov had to answer questions concerning Lyonya Brantov again and again, following the highly publicised interview on the Novosti Segodnya Vecherom. After several of these questions came from the few journalists present, Soldatov made a statement to enable the discussion with the workers to continue.

Look, the president loves calling himself the "man of the people". But when you look at him, he sometimes goes out to spit out a few nice words, sits down with some TV host, makes a joke, laughs with the few people in the audience for a while and then goes back to his routine and repeats his cycle. He doesn't really need to actually talk with the people or listen to them, as long as he swears on TV. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll get back to the purpose of this meeting, talking with the people and listening to their concerns and ideas for our beautiful country.

Matvey Soldatov in Lishchensk

The Trudovik leader continues his tour across the country, visiting all of the Federal Domains.
Leob

Postby Zanz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:27 pm

Речь Народа
TRIGUNIA TO SEND OBSERVERS TO NEW ENGLIA

The Trigunian Naval Infantry Corps will dispatch an "observation force" of one hundred soldiers and one hundred intelligence analysts to New Englia after discussions with that nation's government, according to the Ministry of Defence. The move comes after months of growing tension in the Eastern Dovani nation, which has been "shamefully ignored" by nations in the region like Kazulia, Dorvik, and even Vanuku, according to President Lyonya. Asked if this was what he meant by obscure comments regarding Dorvik recently, Lyonya told reporters "damn right!"

The New Englian government approached Rodshyadam after Lyonya's well publicized Days of September international trip, where he spoke in several nations about the need for better accountability in dealing with minorities, as well as the need for greater involvement from the first world's most powerful nations in providing stability and guidance in the poorer nations. The New Englian government has been broadly condemned internationally, and is accused of ignoring politically motivated murders against Metzists as well as forcing the enrollment of Yeudish synagogues on a register. Asked why Trigunia would act at the behest of such a pariah state, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs responded with a written statement.

The government of New Englia approached this government in a gesture of good faith. The struggles in New Englia have been ignored by the World Congress, by the Security Council, and by the powers of Terra. Our observer force will seek to root out the untruths, separate the wheat from the chaff, and clarify the situation in New Englia for the world. They will not be participants in the war, but shall instead verify news stories and ensure that all attempts to sway international opinion in one way or the other are adequately counterbalanced by neutral factuality. Atrocities have been committed in New Englia, and the world has refused to see. Now Trigunia shall make the world see.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Wu Han » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:47 am

OOC: This was co-written with Zanz, and has been consented to
The Taixi Times is a daily print and web publication from Taixi, Anle, offering breaking news and analysis on politics, business, world national news, and entertainment.

Trigunian President Lyonya makes 'unofficial' state visit
Combining business and pleasure, the controversial Trigunian strongman made a splash during his 3-day trip in Indrala
19 February 4343

President Lyonya Brantov soaks in the southern Shu sun, a change in scenery for the arctic Head of State

NATIONAL NEWS: The controversial President of Trigunia, Lyonya Brantov, made an ‘unofficial’ state visit to Indrala earlier this week. He began his trip in Hazhou, Shu, where the President attended the annual Wang Family Trust gala as the guest of honour. Lyonya was seen sitting and laughing with Xiandai Group CEO and Wang Family Trust Chairman Wang Tingfei throughout the evening. Despite the cordial appearance of the event, videos posted on Indralan social media of Lyonya making a toast caused some backlash in the Indralan public, and received an awkward, lukewarm reception from the guests. In the toast, Lyonya says:
“…In my country, there are some who say I hate Yeudis. I love Yeudis. I love all people, Yeudis, and as you can see tonight, yellows too. All people!”

The Indralan press pursued Lyonya the following morning to give more context to his remarks, but he would not comment.

Nonetheless, the President and Wang spent the following day golfing and swimming at the Xiandai Nandu Beach Resort, after which the two held a join press conference in the ornate resort ballroom. During the press conference, CEO Wang announced that Xiandai Automotives would be planning the construction of a new factory just outside of Rodshyadam, Trigunia at a cost of nearly $1.2b. “The new factory will enable Xiandai greater access into the markets of Keris, Macon and Northern Dovani and create thousands of good paying jobs for Trigunians. We could not be happier” said Wang. For his part, Lyonya declared that “[he] promised reinvestment in heavy industry, and today [his] government delivered on that promise.”

Mist rolls in from the beach to cover the immaculate Xiandai Nandu Beach Resort Golf Course

On his third day in Indrala, Lyonya travelled by newly completed high-speed rail from Nandu to Tian’an where he met with other Indralan titans of industry and influential individuals. In the afternoon, President Lyonya was received by his Imperial Majesty, Emperor Sun Lijun at the Heavenly Palace. It is said that while the meeting lasted no longer than ten minutes, President Lyonya was courteous and respectful, no doubt instructed on how to act by his aids. Later that same day, President Lyonya met with Dai Jinhao, Leader of the Official Opposition of Indrala to discuss bilateral economic and security issues, choosing to leave more contentious topics, such as LGBTQ rights to the side. After the meetings, President Lyonya spoke to Trigunian press outside of his hotel:
“Let me tell you, the international community needs to ask some tough questions about Dankuk. You’ve got a weak woman in there, playing ‘Empress’ with no real claim. I’m telling you, she clawed and scratched her way to the top, so don’t be surprised if there is blood under her fingernails!”

The passionate remarks come during the midst of debate on Indralan bill LP-102 after it was discovered that the leader of the Warlord Party, General Ji Beifuyn joined an international organization supporting Taeyang Sang-ah’s claim to the throne, despite government legislation recognizing only the House of Ryeo as the legitimate ruling clan. The motion inevitably sparked acrimony in the Grand Assembly.

Tensions have been high between Indrala and Dankuk ever since the 4280s after then-Chancellor Huang Zitao granted refuge to the Dranian Royal Family after Taeyang’s National Conservative Government violently deposed them.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby Zanz » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:03 pm

Речь Народа
EVIDENCE OF ATTEMPTS TO TAMPER WITH UPCOMING ELECTIONS

National security experts have warned that counterintelligence units have intercepted chatter between suspected agents of foreign nations operating within Trigunia which indicates that a plot to remove Lyonya and his White Trigunia party from power has been set into motion. "Evidence gathered by the intelligence community suggests that Metzist elements in Trigunia, working in tandem with governments of nations which wish to see now-resurgent Trigunia silenced, seek to sway the electoral process in Trigunia and empower the Labor Democratic Party candidate Yakim Astafyev in the May 4343 elections," stated a spokesman for the Ministry of Defence. "The government is taking great pains to ensure that these efforts are not successful, and reserves the right to take extreme action to counter this clear and present danger to the Trigunian democratic process."

A spokesman for the President declined to comment.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Leob » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:31 pm

Matvey Soldatov declines all claims by Belaya Trigunia

During the latest meeting of the Trudovik Central Committee, Matvey Soldatov declined all accusations made by White Trigunia, about possible involvement of foreign powers in the upcoming election.

...obviously, they (White Trigunia) are trying to make us look as bad as possible, to avoid an election outcome that would put them in a hard position. They are so desperate that they don't even hesitate to come up with complete and miserable lies.

Matvey Soldatov at the Central Committee

However, much more attention went to a significant change of structure of the Labor Democratic Front. Matvey Soldatov together with his leadership team presented the plan to the Committee which, with an extensive resistance and a long debate agreed. In practice, the plan puts a large portion of power in the party to the Workers' Committees, local bodies of the party, that are run by local workers and other party members. This has been already briefly practiced by the Trudoviks, however the system changed with the age of Porcellanous Democracy.
Leob

Postby Zanz » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:32 pm

Речь Народа
"FOREIGN MEDDLING STOLE THE PRESIDENCY" CLAIMS LYONYA
May, 4343

Former President Lyonya Brantov denied the validity of the May 4343 elections, stating that warnings made by the Ministry of Defence had not been enough to thwart an "obviously wide reaching infiltration" of the Trigunian electoral system.

"We thought it was the Kazulians, plotting to put in [Yakim] Astafyev [of the Labor Democratic Party]... But we were fooled, humiliated again because of the effeminate attitude we've been forced to take by the Metzists and Northern Council sympathizers. We're castrated, even from the inside I saw it, even as President of this once-great nation I was subject at all times to the menstruating cries of the peace-makers, the conciliators, the traitors. You ask me what I think, I think it was an election bought and paid for by Yeudis in Skalm and Bekenial, undertaken by the most treacherous vermin that have ever scurried off the ships onto our glorious islands. Make no mistake, the Presidency belongs to the people of Trigunia, and foreign meddling stole that Presidency and stole this election, not from me, but from the people of Trigunia. I intend to right the wrong, mark my words."

Речь Народа
DESPITE PRESIDENTIAL LOSS, LYONYA "HOLDS THE REIGNS OF GOVERNMENT
May, 4343

Lyonya retains a great deal of power in the current government, according to sources close to the former president, who suffered a defeat at the polls this month. Speaking on condition of anonymity, at least three sources confirmed that Lyonya, rather than Minister-President Stanislav Sergeyevich Masmekhov, is treated by the government as its defacto leader, an unprecedented situation in the history of the position.

"The separation of powers ended the day Lyonya took office," stated one source. "Masmekhov has been little more than a figurehead since the beginning," stated another. Masmekhov has been notoriously reclusive since he took the office of Minister-President, spending the majority of his time in photo opportunities and spending little time, relative to the former president, meeting with his ministers. Masmekhov is expected to be removed from his position in favor of Lyonya in the new government.

Речь Народа
NEW GOVERNMENT FORMS WITH LYONYA AT ITS HEAD
November, 4343

With votes in the affirmative from the Republican Party and the Traditional Party, a new government has formed with former president Lyonya Brantov at its head as Minister-President, a formalization of an existing arrangement reported on by this publication in May.

The inclusion of the Traditional Party in the governing coalition means the Lyonya Brantov and his foreign policy shall continue despite a contested election in May which saw White Trigunia lose much of its mandate. Many of those former White Trigunia voters are assumed to have voted for the Traditional Party in 4343, though experts have had little to say as to why.

The government is said to be a "great disappointment" to President Georgy Nestor of Our Motherland, who had hoped for a center coalition, even though Our Motherland and the Labor Democratic Party do not hold a majority in the State Duma. Minister-President Lyonya is said to be "ecstatic" with the arrangement, and stated that "discovering the source of the electoral sabotage" should be a priority for the new government.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Sakurai571 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:18 am

Traditional Education to Return to Trigunia
In a recent interview with Education and Culture advisor Sasha Brashnov, the advisor has revealed that he is looking to “create an new public education plan that will bring traditional education to Trigunia”. Whether this new plan will simply reform the current curriculum, or overturn the entire system of education, is unclear. But it is clear that this new system of education will have a large focus on traditional values and virtues, Brashnov alluding that large reforms in philosophical studies would be a priority focus of the new plan.
Traditsionnaya Partiya- Trigunia
Sakurai571

PreviousNext

Return to National News