Luthori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Luthori Central News Network

Postby Jay (LDP) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:01 am

Foreign Minister stood down after racist slur.

Foreign Minister Sarah Lyndalls of the Liberal Democratic Party of Luthori has been sacked, effective immediately, after a letter in which she referred to fellow Party member Andrew Fox as a "f*ing Jew" was leaked to the media. The letter was intended to be for the eyes of long-time LDP executive member Harold Somers only - he, too, has been stood down over the issue.

The controversy comes just a week before a scheduled caucus meeting to discuss the future of the LDP and possibly elect a new Chairman - an election which Lyndalls was expected to win.

Harry McCormack has been appointed Acting Foreign Minister until the next cabinet is proposed by the Royal Aristocratic Party - the only Party which can make a cabinet proposal, based on Luthori law. His position as a Senior Executive Member, along with that of Somers, will be granted to two junior, aspiring LDP politicians. An official announcement about the Party Executive re-shuffle is expected following next weeks caucus meeting.

LDP Chairman Jonathon Churchwood expressed his dismay today that racism could occur in Luthori and in his own party in particular.

"Obviously this is something which is extremely distressing and deserves the highest level of condemnation. The Liberal Democratic Party of Luthori has always and will always stand for the rights and freedoms of all our citizens regardless of gender, sexuality, nationality or religion. This sort of activity is intolerable by any standards and it will be dealt with strongly. The two Party members involved in this incident have been removed from their positions and are no longer members of the Party. On behalf of the Liberal Democratic Party of Luthori, I offer my sincerest apologies to the Jewish community of Luthori and to the nation as a whole."

Chairman Churchwood's position in the Party is also in doubt and it is expected that he will be out-voted at the coming caucus. Churchwood was credited for bringing the first signs of success to the Party in 2739 when the Party won a landslide victory, but since then the Party has dropped back to the bottom of the rankings. In the media conference today, he refused to speculate about the future of the Party and his position in it.

"The caucus meeting next week has a lot to deal with. Considering the recent events in the Party, there are several decisions which need to be made. One of those decisions revolves around my future as Chairman, but that is not something I am going to speculate on. If the Executive decides I'm still the man for the job, I will do everything I can to lead the Party to success in the next elections. If they decide differently, my loyalty and commitment to the Party will not be dented. There are several great candidates for this position and no matter what the Executive decides, members of the LDP can look forward to a bright future."

Of those candidates, Anthony Stephenson is the new expected victor. Son of LDP founder Jorg Stephenson, Anthony has gained a reputation for being a successful businessman - controlling near 10% of the automotive industry of Luthori at the age of just 31.
Particracy Game Moderator

Vanukese Conservatieven
Jay (LDP)

Postby Xanathos » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pm

Huge League Victory

2749 Edition

The CIL was bolstered with a huge victory in the recent parliamentarian elections, winning an absolute majority in the Diet, as well as some 99% of the vote in Tinako Duchy. League Governors were elected in Tinako, Yodukan and Utagia with the Liberal Democrats taking Orange and Geharon. Ralph Madison, CEO of Luthori Steel and head of the LFMA was elected governor of Tinako with a comfortable 57% against his closest contender, Jeffry Freier (H&L) who took 31%. Mr Madison campaigned on a platform of free trade and encouraging international trade routes.

The Geharon Conservatives won by large margines in both Yodukan and Utagia, gaining a majority in Utagia where paleoconservative Sir John Daushimer was elected. Sir Daushimer has been criticized by many for his absolute opposition to gay marriage and the legalization of any drugs although he was often a frequent ally of the Liberal Democrats in the Utagian assembly because of his absolute pro-gun and pro-freedom of speech stances against some of the "moderate" members of the Geharon Conservative Party. He campaigned on a mixed program that appealed both to civil moderates and fiscal conservatives. Patrick H. Longhue, a Geharon Conservative who often sides with the Homeland Libertarians on social issues won the race in Yodukan, although onl narrowly winning to the LDP.

ImageGeharon Conservatives at a victory rally in Utagia

Orange was a very close race and the H&L's filed chance to win a governor seat. Hellen Patrickson campaigned hard on a platform of isolationism and civil liberalism but failed to defeat the popular Liberal Democrat facing her. HG Franz Jackson, 2nd Duke of Geharon and also Grandmaster of the League congratulated the LDP for its victory in Geharon, a duchy in which the Liberals generaly do well. The Duke also said he was pleased that the League held on firmly to the the Williamsborough area which has been a League stronghold in otherwise liberal Geharon.

-The Williamsborough Herald
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Duke Matthus » Fri May 01, 2009 2:43 am

Emperor Declares Axis No more!!!

Emperor Jason today has withdrawn his support for the Axis Alliance. This sudden and surprising act has caused uproar through out the massive Government, due to strong Axis supporters in Luthori and strong Anti-Axis supporters in Alduria.

The outcome is still unclear, but the simple fact that the Axis own HQ is now in the lands of a man who has denounced the Axis, brings into question whether or not the Empire will remain peaceful.

It can only be assumed that the people will have the say in such matters, but one thing is for sure, things are going to be getting very interesting in the Union between Alduria and Luthori.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Postby Xanathos » Fri May 01, 2009 2:08 pm

The Constitutionalist Imperial League, Office of the Grandmaster

The League, Diet and Imperial government of Luthori would like to reiterate their support for the Axis, a proud alliance in which we are long term members. It is our wish that the Empire remain in this alliance. However, we accept the Emperor's decision to, at least temporarily, withdraw his support for the Alliance. We remain His loyal subjects.

His Grace, Franz Jackson I, 2nd Duke of Geharon,
Grandmaster of the COnstitutionalist Imperial League
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Thu May 07, 2009 6:32 pm

Joint Luthori and Zardic Naval Operation in the Raj

2750 Edition

Belgae, Endirahad, Zardugal (February 27, 2750) -- More than 45,000 Marines of the Holy Luthori Empire and the Federation of Zardugal's Marines worked in cohesion to secure a beach during a bilateral amphibious raid exercise on the coast of Ieffreon off the coast of Vascania Feb. 13, as part of exercise Cobra Loda 2785.

Cobra Loda is the first coalition exercise focused on maintaining and improving military cooperation among its participants.

The raid primarily involved Luthori Marines from 1st Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, as well as Zardic Marines from the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit.

The half-hour bilateral exercise showed the true speed and combat capability of both forces. However, the training was about more than combat.

"An amphibious landing can be used anytime you need to secure a beach," said Col. Paul L. Damren, 31st MEU commanding officer.

The same process for combat operations is sometimes needed during non war-related missions, such as noncombatant evacuation operations, humanitarian assistance missions and any contingency operations that may require an amphibious landing, he said.
The raid started quickly as a wave of more than 10 amphibious assault vehicles, capable of carrying up to 25 service members each, made their way ashore under the cover of smoke pyrotechnics.

Air support from two AH-1W Super Cobras, from the ZAF's Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron 265, provided security and suppressed the objective before the AAVs landed.

Once ashore, the AAVs pushed inland, making room for a second wave of vehicles. The first wave of AAVs secured a landing zone for three CH-46E Sea Knight helicopter transports and three Zardic Super Lynx 300 helicopters. The Marines from the helicopters provided additional support to troops already on the ground.

"It's not every day you have the chance to do something like this," said Lance Cpl. Tarin Wages, an infantryman with Battalion Landing Team 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 31st MEU.

The Luthori Marines aggressively supported the force, providing security and additional strength to sweep through the objective.
Damren said the Z.A.F. and Luthori Marines were enthusiastic throughout the exercise, and he was grateful for the opportunity to work with the Luthori forces.

"They are a great military force, and this was a great opportunity to build on years and years of a friendly Zardugal-Luthori military tradition," Damren said.

As the exercise continued, the second wave of AAV's hit the beach and secured a foothold in their stead. With a sizable force holding strong defensive positions, two massive Navy landing crafts, air cushioned, roared ashore, bringing the allied raiders' final reinforcement, as the exercise came to a close.

"On a tactical level, our forces have been exchanging information on infantry, air and amphibious operations," said Admiral Sir Sean Rawling, head of the XXIIth Naval Battlegroup and senior Luthori commander for exercise Cobra Loda. "Cobra Loda brings multiple nations together, and at the end of the day, it enhances relationships and stability in the region."

-The Williamsborough Herald
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Sun May 17, 2009 2:19 pm

His Majesty passes away

His Imperial and Most Excellent Majesty Emperor Jason I of Luthori has passed away during the night. The new emperor is now His Imperial and Most Excellent Majesty Emperor Maximilian III of Luthori and claimant to the throne of Alduria. Emperor Jason went against the Diet in his opposition to the Axis Alliance, which the Parliament strongly supported. Emperor Maximilian has often spoken in support of the Alliance and has done so again earlier today. With the absence of the Imperial Court Party, the emperor remains a member of none. However, an official communication from the Constitutionalist Imperial League has announced that the CIL will officialy represent the interests of the Emperor in the Diet, much like what the ICL did.

His Majesty has also expressed the will to appoint a new Duke of Tinako, as the position has been vacant for some time. Lord John Rannigan, Earl of Cantsbury, currently Prime Minister of Luthori and The Most Honourable David Hamilton, Marquess of Randamar and the leader of the newly formed Patriciate Alliance, are both possible candidates for the title.

-The Fort William Times
Xanathos

Postby Jay (LDP) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:33 pm

LDP response to death of Jason I
21 August 2757

Liberal Democratic Party of Luthori Chairman Anthony Stephenson approached the media today in response to the death of His Imperial and Most Excellent Majesty Jason I.

"The Liberal Democratic Party of Luthori offers its deepest sympathies for the passing of Emperor Jason I. His reign may have had its controversies, but everything he did was carried out with the best interests of the Terran Empire at heart and for that he will always be loved and remembered."

There is no doubting that the LDP of Luthori and Emperor Jason I have butted heads of late - over various issues including the ratification of the Axis Alliance and the control of the military of Luthori. In his press release, however, Stephenson refused to discuss his personal opinion of Emperor Jason's policies, stating that the Emperor always did what he always thought was in the best interests of the Empire and that is all that one can ask of him.

When queried about newly crowned Emperor Maximilian III, Stephenson reacted positively and optimistically.

"We wish to offer our congratulations to the newly crowned Emperor, Maximilian III. We cannot think of a more deserving and honourable person to lead our glorious Empire into the future. Our best wishes lie with him as he settles into his new role and we have no doubt that all members of the LDP of Luthori will work closely and positively with the new Emperor to guarantee the safety and further development of this nation."

Considering Maximilian III has openly stated his approval of the Axis Alliance, there is no question as to why the LDP of Luthori are so keen for him to begin work.

The Times - New Salem
Particracy Game Moderator

Vanukese Conservatieven
Jay (LDP)

Postby Xanathos » Sat May 23, 2009 9:53 am

Taxed Enough? Vote LFMA

June 2760

The Luthori Free-Marketeer Action is campaigning very strongly in anticipation for the national electiosn later this year. Ralph Madison, the president of the LFMA, has been present in nearly every state, giving speeches at campaign rallies. Mr Madison, who is currently Education and Culture minister will probably be pressing for a higher office as he has not announced his candidancy for any other publiuc offices. Sir George Ventry, minister of parliament for the Randamar district, is running for governor of Tinako. Competition will probably be very fierce, but the Action has consistantly performed well in Tinako. His Majesty Emperor Maximilian III has publicly endorsed the Geharon Conservatives, saying: "they are the right people to lead the Empire".

Ralph Madison speaking at a LFMA event in Randamar

Throughout the country, the Free-Marketeers are campaigning on a policy of tax cuts. Many prominent members of the party have been blasting the Geharon Conservatives for only promising a 1% cut in the luxury sales tax. On the other hand, the official LFMA stance is to cut the income tax by 1% to 4%. The H&L has pledged to cut the luxury sales tax by 2%. Both the GCP and H&L have criticized the LFMA as being unrealistic. The Homeland Libertarians are aggressively going after the LDP's votes, campaigning on a basis of non-intervention and isolationism.

The Geharon Conservatives are expected to do well in Utagia and their stronghold of Williamsborough in Geharon. They are also pushing hard against the LDP for control of Orange, which they lost last election. The H&L is hoping for wins in Yodukan and Tinako while the LFMA is counting on a majority in Tinako and a strong showing in the rural areas of Geharon, where competition with the GCP is very intense.

-The Randamar Times
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Sun May 24, 2009 10:32 am

Huge Election Victory for the League, LFMA

January 2761

The League's programm of reform was just given an official stamp of approval by the people of Luthori. Indeed, theCIL received 70% of the vote in yesterday's election with more than 122'000'000 votes at a 72.39% turnout. This was in particular a huge victory for the Luthori Free-Marketeer Action, which received 9 governor seats with 45% of League vote in the inter-party election the same day. The H&L did mildly well with only 4 seats whilst the Geharon Conservatives suffered a crushing defeat with only 7 seats and 35% of votes. The aging Franz Jackson prepares to hand the title of Majority Leader to Ralph Madison, who is expected to receive the new role of Prime Minister shortly. Geharon's heir apparent, William Jackson, has expressed enthusiasm for the LFMA's victory, party of which he is a member. This could spell disaster for the once dominant GCP.

His Majesty Maximilian III has also expresed enthusiasm at the victory of the LFMA saying he is "highly supportive" of the free-market policies of the Action, which is a stark departure of his father's views, who often tried to oppose the Diet when it wanted to pass fiscal conservative and libertarian legislature, although he mostly failed. Mr Ralph Madison, the CIL's new Majority Leader, is one of the richest men in Luthori, being a corporate executive and having many holdings in the colonies in the form of petroleum deposits.

-The Randamar Times
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Sun May 24, 2009 5:35 pm

Imperial wedding, crowns joined

His Imperial Highness, Prince Edward of Orange has wed Her Imperial Highness Princess Elizabeth Sayon Mordus-Jackson. Princess Elizabeth is the daughter of His Majesty, Wilhelm Sayon-Mordus V, Duke of Sayoon and claimant to the throne of Mordusia and of Her Majesty, Mary Jackson, Duchess of Sayoon, sister of His Grace, Franz Jackson I, Duke of Geharon.

This complex arrangement makes His Imperial Highness, Edward, not only Prince of Orange but also Count of Highbrow, and Crown prince of Mordusia, thus heir to the title of Duke of Sayoon and claimant. When Edward rules, he will rule as Emperor of Luthori and claimant to both Mordusia and Alduria.
Xanathos

PreviousNext

Return to National News