Luthori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Luthori Central News Network

Postby LuthoriLDU » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Luthorian Democratic Union's leader Ferina comments the encouragement to strike

The LDU has a clear stance on this issue. We dont approve strikes and we found every appeal on workers to strike as a clear provocation. The left is clearly desperate to undermine the governments actions in economical area. SDP and other left wing parties are dissapointed with their electoral result (a clear rejection of their politics) and are now using primitive methods in order to force their ideals. This only confirms that the left is unable to accept defeat. I will again make my positions clear: LDU rejects the right to union strikes. The LDU rejects communism that the leftists are seeking to establish in Luthori. And my message to workers is: dont go on strike. Dont allow yourselves to be provoked by the populism of the SDP. If you still decide to go on strike the LDU will do anything in order to get your jobs terminated. And to the SDP I can only say that they should be ashamed of the statement by their leader and think again if she is appropriate to be their leadet.

Nicholas Ferina,
President of LDU
LuthoriLDU

Postby Luis1p » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:57 am

Luis1p

Postby Cirith » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:57 am

Election Victory Sees White Rose Lead Coalition

The White Rose and LDU came close to a majority as the TUSC and Labour Party slipped further back, putting the 3 left wing parties distinctly behind the right, although they managed to maintain a grip on the Governor-Generalship, by a little under 10% in the general election. The immediate aftermath is that the White Rose, Luthorian Democratic Union and Liberal Republican Party have formed a Coalition, ousting the SDP from Government and putting Marquis Frederick Stinson into the Chancellorship.

The LRP took the Departments of Education & Culture and Health & Social Services. The LDU took the Home Office, Treasury, Science & Technology, Justice, Infrastructure & Transport and Environment & Tourism. The White Rose lead the Coalition whilst also holding the MoD, Foreign Office, Food & Agriculture and the important office of Trade & Industry.

It was the Trade Union reforms which broke the SDP-White Rose Coalition, and now the White Rose are set to take charge, with Secretary of State Nicholas Wilkes promising to make the unions more accountable to the people of Luthori.

The new Coalition already set out their first half agenda, with the First Economic Reform Act 4405
looking to roll back regulations on investments, hemp, gambling and stock exchanges, with the LDU and LRP set to vote with the White Rose. The Second Economic Reform Act 4407 looks to de-regulate monopolies, state involvement in industry and advertising, it is believe the LRP may vote against this proposal and that is why they have been split.

The Energy Privatisation Act 4405 passed, rolling back nationalisation of the energy grid and provision immediately, with the Government confirming the immediate sale all public owned stations within the next 4 years, and also granting control of the power grid to companies who qualify and bid for it over the next 2 years. The Abortion Legalization Act of 4405 also passed, seen as a huge win for the LRP and a compromise to secure a Coalition by the White Rose, the bill allows abortions in the first trimester, something that has not been allowed in Luthori for decades.

The main piece of legislation the Coalition immediately passed is the Trade Union Accountability Act 4405, which is watered down compared to the original bill which ended the SDP participation in Government, but did seek to remove many of the powers conferred on the unions under years of the left and trade union related movements leading the Governments. More on this vital act shortly...
White Rose of the Holy Luthori Empire

Player since 2700!

Parti Conservateur Royaliste in the Kingdom of Lourenne until 3000
Parti Conservateur Royaliste of the Royaume de Kanjor until 4400
Cirith

Postby Martinulus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:22 am

Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby Dino9932 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Underwood Calls For Press Conference

Good Evening, i called this press conference in order to set the record straight. First of all i condem Mr. Ferinas statment regarding strikes. The right for a every worker to strike for his or hers conditons in the workplace is a fundemental right for all workers. Period.

And also i must point out that i am trubled by the statments of Ms Teodurschu, Health care and education costs are not going up, nor will they ever with the Liberal Republican Party in goverment since for the record most of those services are already free,we are simply liberalization these services, education and health care, so that the people can have more freedom of choice in their lives without big brother constantly watching over there shoulders. We are making it possible for the single mother to choose what school she thinks is the best for her child Jimmy who has problems in math.

We are making it possible for the 70 year old retired miner with arthritis to pick and choose his own doctor, the one he is the most comfortable with. These liberalization policys also create millions of new jobs becasue of all the new companies and buisneses being founded by brave new entrupners. This also takes the load of our public systems, saving money and increasing effectivity. And that is why,the economy is soaring, the stock market is booming, unemployment and crime is record low.

And finally, asking the unions bosses to hold a majority workers vote before going on strike, a strike that would affect the workers a planet more then the bosses. Asking them to ask the people, the workers in that particuler union what they think before taking a particuler action., is it not the workers union, is it not the workers interest the unions are there to uphold. So is a little democracy in the unions to much to ask for. No of course not. Willingly wanting to collapse our nations economy by calling for the workers to strike, against their interest mind you, just so that Ms Teodurschu can gain the power she so foolishly gambled away. Despicable. Thank you everyone that is all, i will not be taking any questions.

Edward Underwood
Minister of Health and Social Services
Party Chairman of the Liberal Republican Party.
Dino9932

Postby TUSCLeader » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Young TUSC Finance Spokesman has a strong week

The Young TUSC Finance Spokesman, Aaron West, has gained plaudits from many political commentators and Trade Union leaders for his performances in the diet recently. West “shone" in the debate about the second economic reform bill, according to General Secretary of the Utagia Nurses Union, Prue Mitchell, who said last night:
I've been incredibly impressed by Aaron since I first met him whilst lobbying at the Trade Union Congress, when he was just 17 years old. His subsequent progress since has been no surprise.

Whilst Mitchell stopped short of Calling West a future Leader of the TUSC, her warm words can only be helpful if the young graduate of Political Economics holds such an aspiration.

The Leader of the Steel Workers Union, Richard Patterson, however, indicated his future support
I fully support Ben as leader, and feel as though him and his team are the people capable of taking the TUSC into Government. Having said that, one day I would definitely like to see Aaron stick his hat into the ring

Aaron West has a mysterious background. Unlike Ben Sullivan, who has previous fame from his time as Leader of the Trade Union Congress of Luthori, West has held no previous public position, and was a surprise gain at the 4403 General Election, aged just 19. West stemmed the tide of the subsequent election, being the only surviving Member of the Diet in the Capital for the TUSC, or indeed in the whole archduchy. His strong natural oratory and sense of humour mark him out as certainly a figure to watch
TUSCLeader

Postby hansoloffson » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:56 am

Alice Teodurschu holds press conference

It has come to my attention that Mr Underwood saw it fit to defend the government he is apart of. For quite some time now he has been silent but unfortunately what he finally said was not wise nor nice.
Mr underwood claims that it is against workers interests to resist these tyrants within the goverment he represents. He says that there is no reason to do so. At the same time his coalition partner the White Rose pushes for lowering the wages of all workers with the minimum wage further. Making life harder for those that already have it the hardest. The call to strike and the strikes that followed is an act of defense nd a act of bravery by those who have been betrayed by the profit hungry heartless people such as Mr Underwood and our Chancellor.
Oh and unlike Mr Underwood, I will take questions thank you very much

While taking questions she revealed a new policy of she was to become the nations next Chancellor

We will work to bring back the bills of Mr Coombes. Each man a king and the third way acts. Classic social democratic bills that would help everyone from the lower class to the middle class. And we will rework the tax system to keep those that earn the least from paying tax.

hansoloffson

Postby Cirith » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:51 pm

Chancellor Hails Great Economic Reform as the Bills Pass

The Chancellor and Imperial Seal-Bearer, Marquis Frederick Stinson, has hailed the dawn of a new economic era for Luthori as the Coalition finally 'broke the yolk of the left' over the Empire, and rolled back years of nationalisation, regulation and state intervention.

The First Economic Reform Act 4405 removes the need for Government approval on foreign investments although retains a ban on majority shares, lifts all regulation on gambling, lifts all regulation on hemp and end regulation of the stock exchanges, which has already seen sales in shares of RAE Group and WestStein Enterprises sky-rocket.

The Second Economic Reform Act 4407 went even further than the first, lifting all regulation on advertising, lifting the ban on monopolies and terminating all subsidies to industrial operations. The move meant that WestStein Enterprises which deals in petroleum have begun buying out competitors after a private equity drive in the last 2 years gave them a huge venture capital for this moment.

The Chancellor said, 'Restrictions, regulations, caps, interference and state involvement... they have been brought down today, and I believe the economy will thrive on its new found freedom, its ability to drive consumer needs first as we cut production costs and ensure that there are new jobs and growth as those businesses who are able to, expand and invest.'
White Rose of the Holy Luthori Empire

Player since 2700!

Parti Conservateur Royaliste in the Kingdom of Lourenne until 3000
Parti Conservateur Royaliste of the Royaume de Kanjor until 4400
Cirith

Postby hansoloffson » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:16 am

Opposition slams new economic reform/ Mass protests

Today Alice Teodruschu commented on the economic reform which was passed by the diet.

This is not the way to run a nation, i think the leadership of Luthori is aware of this, of course we expected changes within in the market but we did not expect them to be so drastic and so reckless. All monopolies are now okay according to this goverment. While i am sure the people that stuff the Coalitions party pockets are happy, the people and the smaller companies are not going to be happy. This will hurt consumers. As Social Democrats we have never argued over the free market, but if it should be regulated or not. The many finanical crisis that has been seen throughout the years proves that it needs to be regulated and serve human needs, not the needs for industrialists and politicans. I am personally saddned by how this goverment ruthlessly pushes people around. I know that my own youth party, who many personally have been affected by the goverment cutting their wages will hold a protest outside the Chancellors office.

Once the protests were underway it seemed to be one giant folkfest outside. Protestors gathering and singing chants such as ''Stinson has to go!'' Over and over, eventually to the protestors delight several popular bands had answered their calls to try and turn it in to a folk festival in the nerby park as to not block people from their duties. One new song just relased was aimed straight at the goverment

ake all your overgrown infants away somewhere
And build them a home, a little place of their own.
The Fletcher Memorial
Home for Incurable Tyrants and Kings.
And they can appear to themselves every day
On closed circuit T.V.
To make sure they're still real.
It's the only connection they feel.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, Stinson and White,
Mr. Walker and friend, Mrs. Cameron, and Underwood,
"Hello Stinson!"
Mr. FIndlay and party.

Did they expect us to treat them with any respect?
They can polish their medals and sharpen their
Smiles, and amuse themselves playing games for awhile.
Boom boom, bang bang, lie down you're dead.
Safe in the permanent gaze of a cold glass eye
With their favorite toys
They'll be good girls and boys
In the Fletcher Memorial Home for colonial
Wasters of life and limb.
Is everyone in?
Are you having a nice time?
Now the final solution can be applied.

The song that could be heard across the capital is now climbing the charts as after this protests on a smaller scale have become a daily occurance

hansoloffson

Postby TUSCLeader » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:08 pm

Owen denounces budget cuts

The TUSC spokesman for Trade and Industry, Liam Owen, has slammed the Government's decision to cut 25% of the Trade and Industry Departments budget in it's pre-election budget. Owen, 29, said in an interview with LCCN's Fran Kay;

The Government has shown yet again that it has no regard for the working class of Luthori. They have appealed to the free market somehow reducing unemployment, and yet there is no evidence that the mythical Market will somehow fund the Government's pre-election tax bribes to it's dodgy donors.

Kay then tackled Owen on the remarks of Education spokeswoman Jennifer Thompson on the budget, who said;
The increase in education spending announced in the budget isn't adequate in my view, but I welcome it as a step in the right direction

Kay asked Owen's thought on what she described as a ‘Split' within the TUSC. Owen replied;

I too welcome extra money for our schools, the TUSC is united on that question, just as Jennifer is appalled by the cut in the Trade and Industry budget. We don't take the default position of opposition to the Government, we support it when it as right, as Aaron West showed in supporting the income tax changes the Government made recently, the problem is, that this Government is almost never right

Owen, along with many other young TUSC figures, especially young Finance Spokesman, Aaron West, has gained prominence in recent months, suggesting the future could be bright for the Diet's smallest and least established Party.
TUSCLeader

PreviousNext

Return to National News