Luthori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Luthori Central News Network

Postby Xanathos » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Violence Shocks the city!

February 2nd, 2779

The city of Laloquon, Yodukan was rocked by a violent murder yesterday evening. Three men, all apparently of foreign origin, got into a fight in front of a bar which was caused because of a drug-related dispute. One man pulled out a knife and while his accomplice held the third man, the first man slashed the second man's throat, killing him instantly. The two men then proceded to assault a young lady who had witnessed the crime. Fortunately, this was one of the city's busiest streets and two witnesses immediately pulled out fire arms, and shot repeatedly at both men, wounding them both. The police arrived shortly after and the two criminals were taken to Laloquon City Detention Facility to await trial. The victim has not been identified and the two men who were arrested did not carry IDs. The killer was shortly after identified as Fahid Sekul and the other man as Fark Nadage, both immigrants of unclear origin. Mr Sekul is being charged with murder, conspiracy to purchase illegal substances, assault and failing to carry an ID card. Mr Nadage is being charged with conspiracy to commit murder, assault and failure to carry an ID card. If convicted, Mr Sekul faces a mandatory death sentence, with Mr Nadage facing anywhere from a 4,000,000£ fine, which would mean a life of forced labor to the death penalty.

It is certain that this event will cause a backlash in the Imperial Diet. The Diet's largest group, the CIL, will undoubtebly back more isolationist policies, spearheaded by the Homeland and Liberty Alliance and the osilationist elements of the GCP.Already, a bill has been proposed to the Diet. Wether or not the other parties will support this new bill is however, unsure. Earlier this morning, an anti-immigrant protest was held outside the Earl's estate. The Rt Hon. Lord Kevin Harmon, the Earl of Laloquon and mp, greeted the protesters and stood with them. he said: " I will use all of my power and influence in the Diet to make sure this never happens again!". Lord Harmon is a noted member of the H&L, whose isolationist wing is expected to do well in the next elections.

-The Laloquon Times
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Jay (LDP) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:55 am

Today, the Orange Daily-Sun is proud to have the Luthori Foreign Minister present his opinion on what has become one of the most controversial Government policies of the decade.

Anti-Racism Protests across Luthori - Opinion Piece of Luthori Foreign Minister, the Rt Hon Richard Larkins.

Libertarian groups across the Holy Luthori Empire have come out today en masse in protest of the xenophobic laws passed by the Imperial Diet recently.

By passing the Luthori Sovereignty Act of 2779, the Government will enforce strict, intensive checks and searches on all visitors to the nation with no exceptions. For all intending immigrants, the Government may refuse their entry if they are not deemed "qualified" enough to enter the country. Furthermore, any person seeking refuge in Luthori from war, famine or any other extreme circumstance will be refused entry and sent back home.

These racist and xenophobic laws are disgusting, unjustified and cannot be allowed to happen. The Liberal Democratic Party of Luthori stands wholeheartedly behind those protesting the laws enacted by the Constitutionalist Imperial League and the Rainbow Unicorn Party. These laws violate basic civil, social and necessary rights and liberties of some of Terra's most desperate human beings. Furthermore, the new laws will be near impossible to enforce without a significant increase in funding to the Foreign Ministry - in fact, it is likely that many complex laws, such as the quota system, may not even come into effect at all.

This poses a simple question - why? Why destroy the chance of hope for Terra's most needy? Why put a quota on who can and cannot reside in our glorious nation? Why? Because a couple of residents of Luthori, who just happen to be of a foreign background, broke the law. A couple of people who just happened to be not only at a bar and drunk, but also under the influence of illicit drugs. Whilst the actions of this pair is intolerable, they in no way represent the vast majority of refugees, voluntary immigrants or travellers to Luthori. More often than not these can be some of the most productive and important assets to our society. On the same token, there is a significant amount of people of a traditional Luthori heritage who are responsible for similar if not worse crimes. There is absolutely no proven correlation between immigration and crime and any efforts by the Government or political spectators to say any different is unbased and incorrect.

It is disappointing that a Party as large and popular as the Constitutionalist Imperial League would support these ancient laws which lower our international standing. It is even more disappointing that the Rainbow Unicorn Party, which has until now supported fair and liberal policies, would also vote in favour of this bill and cast the passing vote. Nevertheless, despite our differences of opinion, we are committed to remain working closely and calmly with our allies and friends at the CIL and the RUP for the sake of stability and democracy.

However, we assure the people of Luthori, those in all the major cities who have come out protesting, that we will continue to push the Diet to overturn these unjust laws. At the same time, the LDP of Luthori and the Ministries it controls will do all within their power to ensure that the citizens and residents of Luthori always remain safe and sound.

The Rt Hon. Richard Larkins
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Liberal Democratic Party of Luthori

- Orange Daily-Sun
Particracy Game Moderator

Vanukese Conservatieven
Jay (LDP)

Postby Xanathos » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:48 am

Trial ends for immigrant killer

2780 Edition

The Laloquon High Court found Fahid Sekul guilty of all charges, which include murder, conspiracy to purchase illegal substances, assault and failing to carry an ID card. Mr Sekul was sentenced to death by electrocution. Mr Fark Nadage's conspiracy to committ murder charges were dropped by the jury and he was sentenced to a 200,000$ fine, which will likely result in 5 to 10 years of forced labor. Speculation is wild around the killing after a police spokesman revelaed that this was not an isolated incident: "We know are fairly sure that Mr Sekul is affiliated with foreign criminal syndicates and that the man he killed was wanted in his country of origin, which we are not at liberty to disclose. Mr Nadage on the other hand, is not directly affiliated with Mr Sekul.". Police are now looking for the young woman that Sekul assaulted a year ago, as they think she is involved with drug traficking.

Protesters complain about police

Joshua Tahik, the president of "Diversity International", an alleged human rights and anti-racism organization who has been organizing small protests near Laloquon, has complained of unfair and degrading treatment by the police. His organization demonstrated against the passing of several controversial bills regulating immigration. Mr Tahik said that the police disproportionaly concentrated on his group, despite the fact that there was a much larger counter-protest nearby; "they pointed their weapons at us, some yelled racist insults and waved their stun batons at us."

-The Williamsbrough Herald
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:47 pm

Emperor passes away

2783 Edition

Our beloved Emperor, His Imperial and Most Excellent Majesty Maximillian III has passed away in his sleep. His reign was marked with propserity and the dominance of a capitalist diet under the League and LDP. His Majesty's son, Prince Edward was crowned earlier this morning as Emperor Edward III of Luthori and Alduria as well as Imperial Duke of Sayoon. His Majesty has announced that he will imminently grant new titles and begin the reforms of the aristocracy he promised.

Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:54 am

Emperor names new nobles

July 1st 2783

His Majesty has named two dukes to vacant posts as rewards for loyalty and good service. Lord John Rannigan, Marquess of Alderberg and long serving Seal-Bearer has been named Duke of Utagia. Another man, Aston Granger, was named Duke of Yodukan. Not much is known abour the new Duke of Yodukan who is apparently not a public figure like Lord Rannigan.

In other news, Sir Dennis Craley was confirmed by the new Emperor as the Director of the Imperial Office of Domestic Security. Sir Craley is a carier opperative with the ministry of defense and is considered by most to be the most qualified person for the job.

-The Laloquon Times
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:26 am

Expeditionary Force formed

2783 Edition

Battlefleet Centauria has been recalled from its patrol duty between Luthori and Lodamun, as Imperial Command has deemed there to be no threat in those waters. Instead, the battlefleet has officially been formed into an expeditionary force and sent to Talmoria, where there is speculation that the Empire might intervene in the brewing civil war. The fleet is led by three supercarriers the HMS Luthor's Fist, HMS William of Orange and the HMS Devastator.

-The Williamsbrough Times
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:17 am

Approval for war high

2783 Edition

A new poll from the Bane Polling Agency showed that a staggering majority of people, 91%, supported Luthori intervention in Talmoria, another 88% supported making Emperor Edward III sovereign of Talmoria. Support was especially high with people from the Gulstrian ethnicity, many of whom regard Talmoria as a rightfully Hulstrian fief.

This poll comes after news of rapid victories by forces loyal to Luthori in the north of the country. One Legion of Imperial Marines and two Legions of the ImperialArmy are due to land in Talmoria shortly to end enemy resistance and help pacify the country. It is very likely that Frederick Von Holstock, the leader of the Imperial Loyalist Alliance, will be named Imperial Viceroy of Talmoria once the rebels are defeated.

Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:16 pm

Heir to the throne born

October 3rd 2783

His Imperial Highness, Prince William, Prince of Orange, Prince of Alduria and Duke of Sanctimor was born this morning, he is the son of His Majesty Emperor Edward III and Empress Elizabeth. It is very likely that Prince William will be the first sovereign since Emperor Gustavus who rules two sovereign states at the same time if he becomes Emperor of Talmoria as well.

-The Laloquon Times
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:25 am

Diet set to annex colonies

2787 Edition

The Imperial Diet has passed the Imperial Annexation Act of 2786, which annexes the 5 colonies that the Empire had won over during the Talmorian civil war. The same act also permitted the wiring of a lump sum of 45 million Luthori Pounds to pay for the acquisition of the colonies. The territory will hold the interim name and status of Grand Duchy of Talmorschland with its capital at Fort Henry and its interim governor being Admiral Sir Arthur Wessby, the commander in chief of Imperial forces in said Grand Duchy.

A large parade, primarily attended by ethnic Talmorians, was held to mark the annexation.

100'000 troops and three carrier groups are currently stationed in Talmorschland to assure stability and peace in the new Imperial holdings. Defense Minister Sir Douglas Connolly has announced that a colonial military will be created, similar to the ones that already exist in other Imperial holdings. He has announced the Defense Ministry intends to spend 36bn Pounds, taken from this year military procurement budget to recruit the armed forces and buy their equipment.

-Fort Henry Times
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:36 pm

Luthori business report

ELTS to invest heavily in Talmorschland

2787 Edition

John Seymour II, who inherited the powerfull position of head of he ELTS from his father, the late John Seymour, gave a speech to may prominent members of the ELTS, among them, the CEOs of Hexlon Standard and Luthori Steel. Since Hexlon joined the ELTS, almost fifty years ago, the trade block has overcome their main rival, the Bane Consortium by a very small margin and currently leads the Luthori economy. Mr Seymour focused on the ELTS' intention to invest heavily in Tamorschland, te Empire's latest addition ad promised to bring jobs and prosperity to the Grand Duchy.

Mr Seymour with other ELTS executives

This news has been welcome by many in Talmorschland where the Luhorians were treated as liberators by he ethnic Talmorians but with caution by the ethnic Alsi. Indeed, after decades of civil war, it is the first time the area will have a real chance at prosperity. Currently, the situation is grim, with high unemployment and a generally poor workforce. The Syndicate is confident it can turn things around, citing its astronomical profits in Namviet and that area's rapid development over the past fifty years.

Xanathos

PreviousNext

Return to National News