Luthori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Luthori

Postby JDog1 » Sat May 01, 2021 7:10 am

THE PATH TO PARADISE’S GATES LAUNCHS EVANGELICAL CAMPAIGN IN SHIPLEYRIDING.

On December 5th, 4929 Rosalie Gardener while she was on a official visit to the Path’s community project in Northriding announced to the press that the Path will be launching a evangelical campaign in Shipleyriding. The announcement was in response to a journalist’s question about reports of the Path and the NCP buying buildings and plots of land in the cities of Shipley and Swanstead, and the reports of the construction of Churches on said land.

Here is the statement:

Yes the reports are true, we are building Churches in Shipleyriding, that’s where we need them the most. The people of Shipleyriding are blinded by the hate and vitriol preached by the Feminist Party. They see the Path as evil and oppressive, but we are neither of these things. I think the only thing that can stop the Feminist Party’s deception of the people of Shipleyriding is a woman. That’s why I personally will be overseeing our work in Shipleyriding.

After delivering this statement she spoke with the journalists on the subject of the NCP it’s relationship with the National Movement. After answering questions about the Path’s private hospitals and Edward of Hurrington’s statement on the NCP she gave one final statement to the press before leaving.

I want to say something to the people of Shipleyriding.
She turns a journalist’s camera that is filming her.
I know you are angry, I know you are scared, the first step on the path is always scary. But you don’t have to be afraid. You might fight against us, but you will see that we love you. We will embrace you with open arms, no matter who you are. We will give you purpose, we will set you free. I’ll see you soon.
Salvation Party of Hutori.
GOD bless the Divine Republic!
“ There are only two paths left: Salvation, or Death.”
JDog1

Postby ReformedEndralon » Sun May 02, 2021 8:15 am

ReformedEndralon

Postby Edmund » Tue May 11, 2021 3:44 pm

Country Party withdraws support for government; early elections called

April 4934 [post-dated]

FORT WILLIAM, ORANGE — Country Party leader Edward Montgomery has said that his party will no longer provide confidence and supply to the Luthorian Workers'-National Movement coalition, following disagreements between his party and the coalition. Deputy Prime Minister Edward of Hurrington said that the Country MIDs had broken the terms of the government agreement by voting against legislation that had been agreed upon in negotiations, and demanded their support in the votes, threatening to call early elections if it did not pass.

Mr Montgomery responded by telling Mr Hurrington to "go cry about it for all I care" and pre-empted by the National Movement by proposing a motion for early elections in the Diet, saying that the National Movement had "dared warn [the Country Party] for having our own political views". "We are calling an early election so we can watch their government crash and burn when the Communists and People's Revolution take power," he said.

Prime Minister Ernie Attridge gave the official government response. "The Country Party agreed to the government's programme. They had already been given the opportunity to review the programme and had only found three points objectionable, which were negotiated. It is a great disappointment to me that the Country Party admits to wanting to bring the Communists into government; no doubt disappointment will also be the feeling of their voters."

Following these statements, the Diet voted on the motion, with only the LWP MIDs voting against the call for early elections. The prime minister expressed his regret over the outcome of the vote, saying that the country "has already experienced enough early elections as is", laying the blame for the third election in as many years squarely with Mr Montgomery's party, announcing that elections would be called for Monday the 5th of July.
Edmund

Postby Liukupukki » Thu May 13, 2021 1:51 am

Fort William,
Oct 29th 4935

Andrew Port

The Second Coming?
Just yesterday, a man was found living deep inside a forest, he has not had access to the rest of civilization, as he lived deep inside an uninhabited forest. He is incapable of producing words, but he has a scar on his back resembling The Hosian cross, letting many of the religious people in Luthori to believe that this is the second coming of Elijah. The man nicknamed Elijah makes gestures and imitates wolves, which creates the suspicion that the child might have been abandoned at a young age and raised by wolves. Elijah is being integrated into the society and he is put in school to learn Luthorian as well as basic skills required for human interaction. Elijah has already gained a following along the religious folk. Some believe that he is truly the second coming of Elijah, the son of God, but some are weary that it is only a coincidence. The New Luthorian Church, the religious organization that believes in this miracle is already gaining membership.

The New Luthorian Churchs' founder and leader, Father Jonathan Keeper has pledged to also put the Church into politics to gain their earned rights as the true faith.

Your friendly neighborhood Lube bottle. Contact me on discord rather than on forums. > Liukupukki#2896
Liukupukki

Postby Liukupukki » Fri May 14, 2021 3:10 am

Fort William,
May 16th 4936

Marcus Landwall

Elijah himself joins the true faith
After successfully teaching him some basic Luthorian and basic interaction skills within record time, the facility workers are amazed by his really fast learning, calling it a miracle. After parting from the facilities, Elijah has come to the New Luthorian Church seeking a purpose. This is clearly a message from God. He sent Elijah on our path for a reason, and the New Luthorian Church will do everything possible to ensure God's will is fulfilled and Elijah will go on and make Terra a better place for all of us. The New Luthori Church will ensure that he will learn our language proficiently, and be able to spread his message in no time. As we are under the guidance of God and Elijah, we may not go wrong.

Elijah will guide the New Luthorian Church, Luthori and Terra toward a better future.

Your friendly neighborhood Lube bottle. Contact me on discord rather than on forums. > Liukupukki#2896
Liukupukki

Postby Liukupukki » Sat May 15, 2021 6:29 am

Fort William,
October 16th 4936

Daniel Jackson

The Imperial Diet opposes the Free Religion Act of 4936
The Imperial Diet has shown its opposition to the Free Religion Act of 4936, making official recognition only a dream for believers of the true faith, but the New Luthorian Church is not discouraged, it has brought a new bill to voting to the diet, only concerning the status of the New Luthorian Church. Scholars and priests have great hopes that this bill might pass, even when the Free Religion Act has failed 62 to 88.

Liukupukki

Postby Liukupukki » Sat May 15, 2021 6:46 am

Fort William,
December 4th 4936

Jonathan Loss

Elijah holds his first speech in almost 5000 years
Just yesterday our saviour, Elijah himself has decided it is time to speak up. The New Luthorian Church has been teaching Elijah to fulfill his father's quest he has been set on, and he tells he is ready to speak with the locals to teach them about the true faith. Elijah was just a few hours ago spoken in the center of Fort William about his rise and live among the wilderness.

Greetings my children,
Although many of you might not believe me, I am Elijah. I am sure everyone here has heard of me, my deeds and my message. Many believe in it, many not, but I have once again returned on Terra to tell you of faith. Many of you have lost that, all I ask of you is to believe in me, and trust in me like you have believed in me before my return. Only with faith may you rise to the gates of heaven, and be granted a great afterlife.

If you still doubt that I am who I claim to be, let me tell you the story of my return to Terra. I was brought to this world by my father, I have no mother, I have no father, there is only God, and the family that raised me. And you would not believe it if it wasn't publicized. I was raised by a family of wolves. There is no way I could have been birthed by them, this is God's doing. And the life among the wilderness have taught me one thing you should all learn. Love. You all should learn to love everyone, even the wildlife. For that reason I have asked the New Luthorian Church to make the so called "Elijah's Forest" a holy site, and protected lands under no ownership. My lesson here is that love is strong, and can even teach wild predators to take care of someone they do not know, like me. God has given them love to allow my return. You all need to learn to love each other so you can enable another success like my return. Thank you my children

The Speech of Elijah has created hope in many religious people, but some are sceptical of him, may Elijah and God forgive them
Liukupukki

Postby Liukupukki » Mon May 17, 2021 4:46 am

Fort William,
November 22nd 4927

Marcus New

The Imperial Diet has proven itself faithless
Yet once again, the Imperial Diet has failed to impress the faithful followers of Elijah and the New Luthorian Church by refusing once again to allow rights for the New Luthorian Church. Only the National Movement and the Luthorian Workers' Party have showed their faith and supported the acts that would only give rights for the believers. The Recognition for the New Luthorian Church bill has failed 69 to 81. It is a shame how the faithless parties will not even allow others to believe. God will judge them in the afterlife.
The battle against our faith continues.
Liukupukki

Postby Liukupukki » Mon May 17, 2021 5:46 pm

Fort William,
February 28th 4938

Father Matthias Portfield

Religious protests fill the streets of Fort William
After several attempts of gaining recognition for the New Luthorian Church, the believers have gone to the streets and are protesting the rights of the members of the Church. There were hundreds of protesters on the streets of Fort William, and several smaller gatherings in smaller cities. Many of the protesters called the opposition members the reincarnation of Onan, and claimed that they have betrayed Elijah and his followers. The Imperial Diet has committed sins and acted against our faith. Elijah might forgive their sins, but God will judge them in the afterlife.

The Church has stated that all parties who have voted against the rights of the true Hosians and Elijah himself will be punished by God. "Only the National Movement and the Luthorian Workers' Party will be spared in eternity." claims Father Jonathan Keeper, Grand Priest of the New Luthorian Church

Liukupukki

Postby Edmund » Wed May 19, 2021 6:42 pm

Brewer elected Workers' leader

July 4936 [post-dated]

ACKERLEY, SHIPLEYRIDING — The Luthorian Workers' Party has elected former foreign secretary Tommy Brewer as their new leader, after Ernie Attridge's decision to step down following the election results last November. The result was announced at the party's conference earlier today, with Mr Brewer defeating the devoutly Hosian, resolutely anti-feminist and pro-temperance former agriculture secretary Ms Lizzie Playle by a margin of 2-to-1.

Born in Fort William, Mr Brewer left school at sixteen to begin an apprenticeship as an electrician with Orcon, soon joining the Amalgamated Union of Electrical and Electronic Trades Workers. He later became involved in the 4908 founding of the Fort William Workers' Association, which decided at its 4913 conference to enter national politics as the Luthorian Workers' Party, and was elected to the Diet in 4914 for the Fort William constituency of St. Richard's South.

Following the 4927 election he was appointed foreign secretary in the Attridge government, where less than a month into the position he was hospitalised due to a severe case of food poisoning after eating a parrot as a targeted insult against Malivian culture at a press conference. The rest of his time in office was characterised by an expectedly boisterous personality, leading to many more gaffes, but also a foreign policy that, aside from the typical isolationism and Luthorian nationalism, took a marked interest in North Seleya, as had been proposed by the late Henry Walsham (foreign policy advisor to Ernie Attridge during his own time as foreign secretary, and then shadow foreign secretary from 4919) whose death from a heart attack in 4925 was what initially brought Mr Brewer into the party's frontbench.

Mr Brewer's main challenge as leader will be to unify his fragmented party's many different factions, who were mainly brought together by the personal strength and popularity of Mr Attridge. It remains to be seen if this is a task he is up to.
Edmund

PreviousNext

Return to National News