Luthori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Luthori

Postby Xanathos » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:00 am

Welcome to the Luthori Central News Network! We host articles from a huge variety of news outlets throughout Luthori so that you're always kept up to date on the latest happenings in Terra via your favourite news channel or paper. We are based in Fort William and will not offer any additional content under normal circumstances. We hope you enjoy our services.

-CEO Mark Lutberg
Last edited by Xanathos on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanathos

Re: Luthori Central News Network

Postby Xanathos » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:25 am

New Duke Crowned, confirmed as CIL Grandmaster

2737 Edition

Finaly, after a very long period of deliberation, the country's most senior examiners on the question of nobility have determined that His Lordship Franz Jackson, Barron of Williamsborough, was the rightfull heir to the ducal throne of Geharon. Franz was crowned Duke yesterday in a huge celebration at the Hautberg Ducal palace overlooking Williamsborough. many notable guests were present including Chairman Jonathon Churchwood and Deputy Chair Gregory McGeorge from the Liberal Democratic Party, a long term ally of the League. Several Axis, IML and UCF dignitaries were also present.

Later the same day, His Grace was also recognized as the next Chairman of the Axis and the second Grandmaster of the Constitutionalist Imperial League. As his Vice-Master and with Sir Dale Primo stepping down, Lord Douglas Heartmore (GC) was chosen; Sir Jack Staunberg (GC) was chosen to be UCF governor on behalf of the League; Lord Edward Bane (GC) was chosen as Spokesman for the League. The ruling Geharon Conservative Party retained a strong lead in the elections accompanying the coronation and took 14 seats on the board of governors. The Homeland Libertarians took 4 seats, with not much success although a new president, Isaac Stevenson (HL). However, a new party that had gained prominence in recent local elections joined the League, the Luthori Free-Marketist Action or LFMA. The LFMA as a political group is said to represent the interests of the Imperial Chamber of Commerce, a claim that has been verified to some extent by the ICC. It offers a more moderate and centrist approach on social issues while being staunchly free-marketeer. It is thought that this new faction could help usher in reform in the CIL.

-The Williamsborough Herald
Last edited by Xanathos on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:55 am

Nova Terra, Saiserists banned in Luthori!

Mirroring actions taken by the ruling faction of Zardugal, the ruling capitalist coalition of Luthori have outlawed both the organiation know as "Nova Terra" and the one known as the "Saiserist League". The "Public Security Act for the Preservation of the Empire and nation of Luthori of 2736" passed with 95 votes with no opposition and 105 abstaining. MPs from the Royal Aristocratic Party and the Luthori Communist Party were not present at the time the bill was passed. However, no opposition to the act has been expressed by either party. His Imperial and Most Excellent Majesty Emperor Jason I signed the bill shortly after the Diet passed it.

Luthori MPs preparing to sign the bill.

The exact wording of the bill declared Nova Teraa and The Saiserists ennemies of His Majesty and the people of Luthori. Defense minister Sir Dale Primo, in his last days in office has expressed his intentions to fully abide by the new act. "Military and military police forces are on high alert within the nation and naval partols are actively searching for any Nova Terra ships that would enter Luthori waters or attack our sea-lanes."

Last edited by Xanathos on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:02 am

Nova Terra, Saiserists banned in Luthori!

2738 Edition

Mirroring actions taken by the ruling faction of Zardugal, the ruling capitalist coalition of Luthori have outlawed both the organiation know as "Nova Terra" and the one known as the "Saiserist League". The "Public Security Act for the Preservation of the Empire and nation of Luthori of 2736" passed with 95 votes with no opposition and 105 abstaining. MPs from the Royal Aristocratic Party and the Luthori Communist Party were not present at the time the bill was passed. However, no opposition to the act has been expressed by either party. His Imperial and Most Excellent Majesty Emperor Jason I signed the bill shortly after the Diet passed it.

Luthori MPs preparing to sign the bill.

The exact wording of the bill declared Nova Teraa and The Saiserists ennemies of His Majesty and the people of Luthori. Defense minister Sir Dale Primo, in his last days in office has expressed his intentions to fully abide by the new act. "Military and military police forces are on high alert within the nation and naval partols are actively searching for any Nova Terra ships that would enter Luthori waters or attack our sea-lanes."

Last edited by Xanathos on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:13 am

Luthori business report

Hexlon joins ELTS

2738 Edition

Mordusian energy giant Hexlon Standard has recently taken interest into development possibilities in the Empire. Company representatives say that this is largely due to the lack of a corporate tax and very lax business regulations, which make Luthori an attractive target for foreign investors. After these declarations earlier this year, the company has finally decided to join the East Luthori Trade Syndicate, one of two Luthori corporate super-alliances. The trade bloc has contracted Hexlon for colonial development in The Raj, which remains largely undevelopped.

Left, Carheim, right Seymour.

In a joint press conference, both the head of the ELTC, John Seymour and the Hexlon Executive for Luthori, Dick Carheim made statements on the advantages of joint development. "My company sees this as a golden opportunity to expand while in the same time bringing wealth and prosperity to the people of the Raj." said Mr Carheim. Mr Seymour also had positive comments: "This trading block welcomes our newest member. Currently, Bane holds a slight advantage in terms of profit and market share but we expect that advatage to disappear in the coming months." refering to the ELTC's rival, the Bane Conglomerate.

Last edited by Xanathos on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:02 am

Defense Ministry will aid Lodamun's anti-terror efforts

2739 Edition

Sir Arthur Scottswolf, vice-admiral of the Imperial navy and spokesman for the ministry of defense announced that 3 carrier attack groups will be sent to patrol specificaly the stretch of water between Luthori and Lodamun as well as aid Lodamun in its efforts to establish a quarantine zone. Rules of engagement will be similar to those of Lodamun, following Imperial naval battle rules. Imperial battlefleet II will be sent under the command of Admiral Hawkmore, including carrier groups II, VI and VIII.

Defense minister Lord Edward Bane made a brief appearance as well stating that: "terrorism, piracy and all other forms of crime and military actions against His Majesty and the Empire will not be tolerated, the offendors will be hunted down like the animals they are and will be punished by the Emperor's justice. His Majesty has been patient long enough, it is time bold action be taken."

Last edited by Xanathos on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:11 am

Propaganda warning from the ministry of defense!

A special announcement has just come from the ministry of defense. The terrorist organization known as "Nova Terra" is distributing medi known as "Terra's Dawn". In it, the Saiserist criminals claim to have the appearances and timetables of His Imperial Majesty. The Imperial government would like to make clear that those timetables are entirely fictious and that even the photograph provided is not that of His Majesty. No common criminal could ever possess such sensitive information. As a general rule, it is quite safe to assume that everything that comes from "Terra's Dawn" is false and designed only as propaganda.

God bless His Majesty and the Empire.

-The Luthori Imperial Ministry of Defense
Last edited by Xanathos on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:11 am

Darnussia, Vorona outlaw Nova Terra

2740 Edition

The Darnussian Democratic republic and the Arch-duchy of Vorona are the latest states to outlaw the terrorist organization that calls itself "Nova Terra". It seems Darnussian warships have been dispatched to patrol water ways and keep the republic safe of pirates and terrorists. Imperial Seal-Bearer His Grace Franz Jackson, 2nd Duke of Geharon expressed his joy at the news: "we salute the proud Voronan and Darnussian people for their courage and resolution to fight global terrorism. we are seeing a global effort by many nations against this perfidious organization." The Seal-Bearer as speaking from Ashcroft air force base in Tinako where senior members of the Imperial government were inspecting the Imperial Air force.

Imperial fighter jets from the XXI, XXII and XXIII squadrons (all part of Air Battle Group Centauri) participated in a series of exercises. Battle Group Centauri is leaving for the Raj this evening to serve as a deterent to any terrorist forces in the area. Many high-placed defense executives have hinted that additional naval groups will also be deployed to the Raj among other places.

Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:06 pm

Heir to Duchy Born

2743 Edition

His Lordship, William Jackson II, Baron of Williamsborough, was born yesterday at St.Philips' Hospital in Williamsborough, the son of His Grace, Franz Jackson I and Her Grace Elizabeth Jackson. To avoid any succession problem whatsoever (like the ones he faced himself), His Grace has immediately confirmed his son as his heir apparent in front of the Court of Geharon.

Xanathos

Postby Duke Matthus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:00 am

Radio Free Terra to begin Broadcasting into Hobrazian Imperium From Central HQ in Fort William, Luthori

Due to the reacent events happening around Terra, the Radio network famous in the history books for its ability to bring hope and comfort to those under the forces of evil in troubled times, has at last annouced its return.

Last operating during the Kennedy and NWO Choas, the station director has decided that R.F.T. shall begin broadcasting daily into nations around Terra that are under the control of Nova Terra.

While this has cause some questioning of "reason" in the Government of the Empire it calls home, with the Emperor having yet to comment on this recent event, the R.F.T. plans to begin its programs next in one week.

The reaction can only be assumed as the same it has been in the past, with the R.F.T. leading the charge as the voice of freedom and liberty from the forces of evil.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Next

Return to National News