Luthori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Luthori Central News Network

Postby colonelvesica » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:24 pm

The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby LegolasRedbard » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:39 pm

Eddie Madison elected Labour leader - 7th November 4433

Following Olivia Walker's resignation as Labour leader, there were very few candidates who wanted to take the leadership of a party that many regard to be failing. So few candidates, in fact, that none of them officially entered the campaign. By the time of the conference, there was no new leader to present. In a move that many critics say defied democracy, the leader was chosen in a backroom negotiation. Come the final night of the conference, and Acting Leader Leanne Booth comes onto the stage to announce that Eddie Madison, Shadow Education Minister, was the party's new leader
LegolasRedbard

Postby hansoloffson » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:44 am

Chancellor Alice Teodurschu speaks to the nation

In a live adress to the nation Ms Teodurschu spoke about the current state of the nation.

Good evening, those of you that have been dissapoitned in the establishment and us politicians have every reason to be. We approached you several times asking for a different result and that was wrong. It is our job as politicians to carry out our voters will. We do not decide election results. I am still the Chancellor of this nation and while I am in office I will do everything in my power to end the gridlock and pass meaningful reform. Powerful people can deceive you. Till you don't beleive that this country can do great things... Till you don't beleive that you have your own destiny. That is why I will launch an attempt at reform to both our education and our healthcare. Stop the kids graffiti and instead educate them, give those who hurt healthcare. And give people a chance for greatness.
The gap between the politicians and the honourable people of this nation has grown too wide. Political parties focus more on who they serve with rather than where they can pass meaningful reform. I will not allow the Chancellorship or my party to stoop down to such a level. We are the representatives of the people. While the politicians sit sipping their expensive drinks, meeting on who they can and can not work with they widen the gap to the people that elected them.
Luthori will move forward and do so to a great age of ecomical and military power. With healthcare and education for all.

hansoloffson

Postby Maxington » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:02 am

"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:52 pm

[img=http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4018&p=138315#p138315]Woodbury to Visit Fort William[/img]
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby hansoloffson » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:08 pm

Alice Teodurschu shown the door in SPD workers Congress

Chancellor and Imperial-Seal bearer Alice Teodurschu has been voted out of power by her fellow party members. Back bencher and previous social democratic youth leader Ebba Busch Thor has been made the leader of the party.

Alice Teodurschu was not made aware of her own party turning against her at this time. However a vote of no confidence was proposed by the young Ms Busch. 2/3rds of the party voted in favour of the challanger meaning that she was immediately made Party leader.

Ms Teodurschu has resigned from office and Ms Ebba Busch Thor has released a statement.
No leader shall sit upon the throne of power for too long as it may very well blind them to the dark forces surrounding them. I beleive that with my youth I can bring this party and this country to the stability they both deserve

Ms Ebba Busch Thor at the young age of 23 is now the leader of one of the most powerful parties in Luthori.

Miss Thor was born in to quite the wealthy and educated family and was active within the party for a long while. However she stands on many of the same position as her predecessor but is seen to be slightly more pragmatic by party seniors.

hansoloffson

Postby TUSCLeader » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:57 am

Sullivan pays tribute to departing SDP Leader

TUSC Leader Ben Sullivan paid tribute to Alice Teodorescu today, after she was booted out of the Leadership by the Party. Sullivan called her
An instigator of radical change
as he reacted to the news.
It's clearly a very substantial moment in Luthori Politics, whenever someone who has spent so long not just on the front line, but as Chancellor, ceases to be Leader, it is an incredibly seismic moment. I acknowledge that relations between our two parties have soured in recent times, but rather than being remembered for her part in the chaos of recent years, Alice should be remembered for the incredible work she did as Chancellor during the SDP/TUSC/LAB Government's of the 4410s.

Relations between the SDP and TUSC have soured significantly recently, with blows and counter blows being thrown by Sullivan and Teodorescu. The recent events are in stark contrast to their days as Chancellor and De facto Deputy Chancellor, in which the personal relationship between the pair was a key factor in the success of those early Government's. During their first term on the front bench together, Sullivan and Teodorescu were accused by some journalists of being ‘unprofessional' due to the hysterical laughter they often shared.

Sullivan refused to comment on the new Leadership of the SDP, saying that he would ‘prefer not to focus on the change, and instead focus on the career of Alice Teodorescu'. Sullivan also said that he ‘wouldn't be surprised to see her back in politics one day'.

Aaron West, who many believe is likely to succeed Sullivan as TUSC Leader when his long period as Leader comes to an end, did comment on the election of Ebba Busch Thor, saying;

Hopefully this can lead to a new era of cooperation between the parties of the Left. Ebba Busch Thor will hopefully allow the TUSC and SDP to work together for the good of workers all over Luthori again.

The spirit of reconciliation may have been ruined though, depending on Miss Busch Thor's sense of humour, more pointedly whether she shares the same sense of humour as Aaron West, who is renowned for as he he himself put it “speaking first and thinking later". This became clear when later on in his press conference West said he would;

Shake hands with Ebba Busch Thor immediately, once she'd got Alice Teodorescu's blood off her hands
TUSCLeader

Postby hansoloffson » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:19 am

Ebba Busch Thor calls for the resignation of TUSC leadership

On Friday evening Ms Thor called a press conference to clarify her statement in the diet regarding the leadership of the TUSC.

Good evening, this country has been hurt for a long time by political stagnation. However we have one condition for ever considering sitting in a goverment with the TUSC.
The two most senior members of the party, Mr Sullivan and Mr West needs to resign. Both for the good of the country but also for us to be able to accept them as a coalition partner.

The demand for resignation of the two most senior members of the TUSC came as a shock to many. One political commentator of this paper told us that the recent feud within the left could only be eased with new leadership. Ms Thor has already made sure to be seen as the refreshing face to politics. This position solidifies her campaign for renewing Luthorian politics.
hansoloffson

Postby TUSCLeader » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:29 am

Sullivan Reshuffles Shadow Cabinet in the wake of Lewis Davies announcing his Retirement from Frontline Politics

Lewis Davies, 68, has announced he will be retiring from the Imperial Diet at the next election. The TUSC Foreign Affairs Spokesman has announced, ahead of the TUSC Party Conference, that he will be stepping down to spend more time with his family. This is following his daughter Erin, 33, giving birth to a child. Davies told journalists;

My 40 years in the Imperial Diet have been stressful and eventful, trying to juggle being The TUSC Spokesman on foreign affairs for the last 30 years as well as representing my constituents in Geharon has taken it's toll, especially as it coincided with the majority of my children's formative years. Part of me always thought I was being a bad parent. My children have ambitions of their own, and I hope to be a much better Grandparent than I was a parent, providing a childcare option for my Children as their kids grow and they wish to pursue their own ambitions and interests. At the next election I will do all that Ben Sullivan asks me to do in terms of campaigning, and will continue to be in the public eye no matter what, just not on a permanent and daily basis.

Davies is one of the few people in the TUSC not considered overly factional, having served loyally on Ben Sullivan's front bench for many years. Davies has always said that he's a party loyalist, and his retirement will mean that only Ben Sullivan (69), David Ralph (70), and Gonzalez Clei (66) remain on the front bench having served on it since the Party was founded 40 years ago. Most other members of the front bench are from the ‘generation of '03', having been elected 37 years ago as the TUSC won 62 seats in the 4403 Election, such as Aaron West (56), Ellesha Wilson (58) and Jennifer Thompson (64). Davies was also well known for his inoffensive style, making him the perfect Deputy Leader of the Party during it's formative years, as a more subtle contrast to the abrasive Sullivan.

Ben Sullivan has subsequently reshuffled his Shadow Team in response. Introducing a new member from the younger generation of TUSC Politicians as a part of the reshuffle.

Deputy Leader Ellesha Wilson has moved from Internal Affairs to fill the vacancy at foreign affairs left by Davies. She has been replaced in internal affairs by Jennifer Thompson, who was previously in the Education Role, and actually served in Cabinet as Education Secretary. Despite rumours of the Education Role being given to Liam Owen, he has instead remained in Trade and Industry, with 25 year old Lily Harris, a young MD from Fort William, who was first elected in March 4434, taking the Education Role. Harris is the younger Cousin of Infrastructure and Transport spokeswoman for the party Ashley Harris and is the first new member of the shadow team since Peter Bracknell resigned 22 years ago in support of the Yates Leadership challenge. The lack of turnover and increasing age of the TUSC front bench has given it some negative pressure in recent times, Sullivan is clearly hoping that the change will help to dispel that notion.

Full TUSC Shadow Cabinet:

Shadow Chancellor and Imperial Seal Bearer: Ben Sullivan (http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 31-500.jpg)

Deputy Shadow Chancellor and Shadow Foreign Secretary: Ellesha Wilson (https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... vGnJOQaPIQ)

Shadow Internal Affairs Secretary: Jennifer Thompson (http://picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/ydr2jm ... +white.jpg)

Shadow Finance Secretary: Aaron West (https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... hClc39XnW9)

Shadow Education Secretary: Lily Harris (https://i.etsystatic.com/9882893/r/il/b ... 6_9nnm.jpg)

Shadow Health and Social Services Secretary: Abby West (http://www2.pictures.stylebistro.com/gi ... qnGdrl.jpg)

Shadow Justice Secretary: Paul Emerson (https://l35h2znmhf1scosj14ztuxt1-wpengi ... 50x250.jpg)

Shadow Trade and Industry Secretary: Liam Owen (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/tZ3CIbA4icI/hqdefault.jpg)

Shadow Environment and Tourism Secretary: Gonzalez Clei (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... enador_Romário_%28Retrato_oficial%29.jpg/230px-Senador_Romário_%28Retrato_oficial%29.jpg)

Shadow Infrastructure and Transport Secretary: Ashley Harris (https://i.pinimg.com/474x/f1/c2/e5/f1c2 ... cfa191.jpg)
Shadow Food and Agriculture Secretary: David Ralph (https://c8.alamy.com/comp/BTDWHB/portra ... BTDWHB.jpg)

Shadow Science and Technology Secretary: Alexander Jackson (https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/62 ... na4snV.jpg)
TUSCLeader

Postby sconstantine07 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:34 pm

Atkins launches "alternative" party
George Atkins launches new party amidst political crisis

George Atkins has unanimously been elected as leader of the new Luthorian Conservatives and Reformists. Born in Middenhall, the 42 year old plans to act as an "alternative to the political establishment" and to act as a "positive force for change." In his acceptance speech to the role, he made his bold opposition to the political class which "for too long, took advantage of their place in office" and presented a conservative manifesto that would work in the national interest.

Dubbed the Louth Accords, the document sets out key principles of the party's founding principles. The LCR which identifies as a centre-right, liberal conservative political force advocates small government, economic competence, clean energy and social responsibility.

Speaking to LCN journalists he said:
I have an obligation to my children to build a better nation for their tomorrow, I have an obligation to the everyday working man and woman on the street they can earn a decent living wage, I have an obligation to the tax payer to ensure their tax revenues are spent wisely and to reduce the great levels of bureaucracy that heavily burden our finances. That is why I have founded the LCR.

For too long, the political class of Luthori has failed our people, they have been obsessed with their bitter self-interest. We act as an alternative, an alternative to power-hungry polticians, an alternative to broken promises and pledges, an alternative to economic uncertainty and instability, an alternative to the status-quo, an alternative for you!
Alternative for Dorvik (4277-4305)
Conservative & Reformist Alliance (4305-4378)
People’s Party for Freedom and Democracy (4378-)
sconstantine07

PreviousNext

Return to National News