Beluzia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Beluzian News

Postby seanrutter » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Interview with Victoria Barbossa

Victoria Barbossa, the leader of the House of Barbossa has come along today to discuss a range of issues facing her House and the wider Union.

Charles Herbert: Welcome to the programme Lady Barbossa...
Victoria Barbossa: Please, call me Victoria.
CH: Very well, Victoria. First of all, how are the Barbossa's feeling about their losses at the last election? You were the High Countess for one term, and your House lost 7 seats.
VB: It has been a tough time for us. We are still reacquainting ourselves with the ideas of governance, it had been 200 years since our our family was involved with Liberal Government in 3120. We are still relearning, still growning. I think overall we have done very well. Yes at the last election we were punished, I lost the role of High Countess and we sadly lost a few colleagues. I think we need to voice our opions more, voters like it when we really show them what we stand for.
CH: And how do you want to be seen by voters?
VB: We see our House as being very close to the people. I always have an "open door" policy at our House seat at Ripley Castle in Parlos Decina. I encourage all our Council Members to have open surgeries so that their constituents really get a chance to discuss their concerns. This next election will be crucial for us, I intend to stand on a platform of Devolution. We have been working hard to implement new initiatives to increase the autonomy of each County. We have had support from our colleagues in the Karav Dynasty on this matter, and we are very appreciative of the support offered by High Count Kristov II.
CH: What were the Barbossa's doing for all that time away from government?
VB: We did keep ourselves busy. We continued to support the work of the Hulstrian Royal Family. One of my ancestors, Elizabeth Barbossa, daughter of Laird Hector Barbossa the founder of the House, married Prince Rudolph, son of King Klemens II of Hulstria. Their living ancestors retain a close relationship with our House.

http://images.wikia.com/particracy/imag ... y_Tree.png

We have also been building our small businesses, such as Barbossa Media (based at Ripley Castle Estate).

CH: It's interesting that your family has married into the Hulstrian Royal Family, do you see your ties as a benefit to Beluzia?
VB: For sure, we will be able to use this in coming years as a way to build a great relationship with Hulstria.

CH: That's all we have time for today, thank you very much for your time today.
VB: You are very welcome.

seanrutter

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Professor Condemns "Art" Festival

Instead of attending the event as a critic, the Councillor-General of Karavshire University is criticising the event itself.
If you're wondering what event, it's the Exhibition being held by Paul Astredies, to display Solentian culture in Beluzia as a way of attracting donors to his political campaign.

His own words were:
I, Paul Astredies, am an admirer of the Solentian postmodern art movement, and as such I am pleased to announce that the Liberals of Solentia have agreed to collaborate with me in order to create the Festival of Solentian Art. This shall be a festival that lasts five days during which the highest form of Solentian artwork shall be displayed. The festival shall be exhibitted by both Maximillian Davids and Tracy Davos. I have invited all members of institutes of higher education and all art critics in Beluzia to come free of charge otherwise there is a 15 BEL charge in order to pay for the proceedings. It shall be held at my home in Bailon. And each evening their shall be a dinner served for the price of 200 BEL to raise money for my election campaign and in order to give payment to the artists.

Devin Ross, when interviewed by SBJF, argued that true artists are more interested in appreciation than money, and a true art fan, especially one who claims his predecessor was a genius who owned the wealthiest coal company in Beluzia, should have enough money to give artists special grants, instead of putting on a show of phony appreciation, which is mainly meant to serve Paul's election campaign, which is of no value to art.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:32 am

"Rutania Not a Part of the Plan"

Foreign Minister, Yuri Kunetsov, today announced that Beluzia has no intentions of expanding into Rutania or any other Artanian territory. The incumbent High Count is of the opinion that the continent would be "boring" without Rutania.

The suggestion, for expansion into Rutania, was made by a member of the House of Barbossa, but was rejected by the High Count, who insisted instead to spread Beluzia's prosperity to a nation like Lourenne, for the sake of learning from its people's French culture.

Barmenia and Rutania were never considered in the idea, and Beluzia wouldn't have any plans for expansion with them.

With Barmenia, the Karav Dynasty plans to allow a feline citizenship and registration programme, so that felines can be better integrated in society. Seeing it has worked in Barmenia, supporters of the idea want to send Beluz cats to be educated in Barmenia, then allow them to return to Beluzia unless Barmenia wishes they stay.

With Rutania, Beluzia's only intentions are the breaking of economic borders to allow Rutanian cargo to pass through Beluz land, duty-free. A similar agreement is in place with Luthori. Beluzia has no intentions of taking military action against any nation.
Last edited by Siggon Kristov on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Zanz » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:03 pm

'Not good enough' says HRM the King of Lirona
Valeria, Lirona, Telamon
October 3346

His Royal Majesty Michael Victor III Kansar, King of Lirona, has responded to the release of his daughter Princess Samantha by Jakanian forces by stating that her release is "not good enough" to assuage Telamonese concerns over the safety of the Jakanian Pharaonic family.

"Our demands were clear," stated His Royal Majesty, noticeably more composed than during his last public appearance. "Samantha's release is indeed progress. But it is not good enough. The Five Kingdoms of Telamon continue to demand that Ankhpieoi Akmenrah, son of Crown Prince Khaldun and my daughter, an innocent child and the rightful heir to his grandfather and fathers' realm be released. We demand that explanation of the situation regarding the arrests of Pharaoh Akmenrah and Crown Prince Khaldun be adequately and publicly given. We furthermore now demand information on the Jakanian intentions in Kalopia, as forces have begun amassing upon the border; and lastly, we demand that the Beluzian interest in Jakania be elucidated. The Five Kingdoms and our allies will not sit idly by. Prince Ankhpieoi must be released to Telamon FORTHWITH or "Grand Commander" Mahbeer Makhdooma and Grand Vizier Antonio Vaschez shall be declared the leaders of a military junta and a state of war shall exist between the Five Kingdoms of Telamon and this illegal entity."
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:06 pm

No Such Orders Given

Her Excellency, Celeste Arindi-DeKarav, the High Countess of Beluzia, said she gave no orders to the Grand Vizier to arrest anyone, however she does confess she had knowledge of a coup d'etat possibly taking place. Her reaction was to tell her husband, the High Count, who confronted the Grand Vizier and condemned his actions.

It is unclear what exactly the Grand Vizier wanted from the Karavs. The Karavs claimed to be at peace with the Pharoah, though they were not as concerned with his arrest as they were with the arrest of Tela nobles.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:28 pm

Sarita Gauri Dies

Sarita Gauri DeKarav-Bushnell died at the age of 95. She was the older sister of Count Kristov I, and is the aunt of High Count Kristov II. Her husband, Neil Bushnell, was a politician in Keymon, and until to her death was the CEO of Karav Industries; he handed in his resignation to the Democratic Worker Council today. They will elect a new CEO. Neil Bushnell will hold her seat in the federal council until the next elections.

Amid the tensions in Beluzia, this is a saddening time for Kristov II. His aunt served as an advisor to him. She would sit beside him in gatherings of the federal council. On Kristov II's other side was Kristov III, who sat between him and Celeste. When Kristov II and Kristov III went out to spend father/son time, Celeste would have her private seatings with Sarita Gauri. No-one knows what they discussed, but they were pretty close, and it is said, within Karav Manor, that the family would die without them to run it.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Assassination!

It is a sad day for Beluzia. Just a few months after his aunt, Kristov II faces his own death.
Celeste Arindi-DeKarav, the High Countess, is devastated.

The High Count left the federal council sitting to overlook mining operations in Coleshire, Parlos Decina.
On his way back to Iliathar, he was shot dead.

The Adamsonite regime in Gaduridos is being blamed, but some skeptics suspect it was Solentia.

In a message to the IML, someone wrote:The nation of Gaduridos is soon to become a constitutional monarchy.

The House of Adamson has finally settled in Gaduridos after years of travelling. We seek to maintain good relations with Beluzia and hopefully compensate Luthori for our wrongdoings.

Although we realise that in the past Gaduridos has been ruled by Pontesian monarchs we feel our warm welcome from Gaduridos and our outstanding popularity and support from her people is a good enough mandate to claim the country's throne.

We won the election in Gaduridos convincingly. Furthermore, our business interests have been focused heavily in the country and we have invested huge amounts into the Gaduri economy.

The House of Adamson hopes that the IML will recognise our claim to the throne of Gaduridos and we look forward to forging ties with our monarchies.

Beluzia, however, had no intentions of keeping relations with the Adamsons. According to Kristov II, "They are filthy cowards who run away to any country where they don't expect political opposition to their Jack-ass monarch. This regime cannot remain in power in Gaduridos." He also condemned their message to the IML.

We feel our warm welcome from Gaduridos and our outstanding popularity and support from her people is a good enough mandate to claim the country's throne.

"This is ridiculous," said Kristov II, "Outstanding popularity? Ha! They only voted for Jack-ass because they never had a choice. Considering legislation the Adamsons passed in Beluzia I wouldn't be surprised if he has secret police suppressing opposition. Everyone knows they hate opposition and they run away from any country where opposition faces them. They couldn't last in Beluzia; they couldn't stand how insignificant they were to the political scene. No-one else liked them except the desperate remains of Blue Coalition." There was also a recent bill passed to block Adamsonite currency. Unlimited amounts of Adamsonite currency is now worth 0 BEL.
Siggon Kristov

Postby seanrutter » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:44 pm

Barbossa In Fourth Election Victory

There were scenes of jubilation at the Palace in the Capital this evening as the election results were announced. Many supporters of the House of Barbossa also gathered at the family seat of Ripley Castle in Parloshire (Parlos Decina) where former Prime Minister James Barbossa XXI, Victoria's nephew (seen by many as her natural successor), gave a speech in honour of his aunt.
My aunt, Victoria Barbossa, wishes me to convey her gratitude for the support that you have all given her during this election. It's been a tough campaign, but thanks to all your help, she has retained her position as High Countess. - James Barbossa XI

Later in the evening, the High Countess herself appeared before crowds at the Palace. In a brief speech she thanked the people for their mandate, and also the House Forstev for their continued support and endorsement. Following her appearance, fireworks erupted from above the Palace to signal the beginning of the new term in office.

The result of the election for the Federal Council of Nobles ensures that the ruling coalition can continue to govern. The demise of the House of Astridies saw 8 seats redistributed, 5 to the Barbossas, 2 for the Forstevs, and 1 for the Stantons. The Stanton's returned only one seat more than the Barbossa's, making this one of the closest elections in recent history.

Above, the High Countess prepares to renew her oath to the nation, Below, fireworks erupt from atop the Palace
seanrutter

Postby zlopado » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:13 am

Modern Beluzian

Liberal Republican Party Memo leaked; House of Barbossa labeled "underhanded traitors"

Following the recent election, the House of Barbossa proposed a new cabinet that would depose the current Prime Minister Susan Wodeham, of the Liberal Republican Party and allied with House Forstev. Modern Beluzian received the following document from an official in the LRP, who requests to remain nameless:

TO: GENERAL COUNCIL

SUBJECT: UNDERHANDED TRAITORS IN GOVERNMENT

And now we see the true colors of the Barbossas. I guess we know why we call them ████████, right? When these ███████ have decided to take advantage of Wodeham's absence, instead of staying loyal, I think it is time to re-evaluate our policy of ignoring their instabilities and lack of respect. We need to find alternatives ASAP, before we run into another snake in the grass.

Modern Beluzian reporters were unable to contact either Prime Minister Wodeham or Count Forstev III, who are both currently on a diplomatic mission to Keymon. Emily Hull, a senior Liberal Republican and member of the Party's General Council, denied that the memo was real. Minister Hull asserted that it was most likely "created by a bored prankster" and "failed to accurately reflect the sentiment of the Liberal Republicans," before going on to attack the Modern Beluzian's "abhorrent lack of journalistic integrity."
House Forstev (Liberal Republican Party & People's Great Society of Hope) -- Beluzia
zlopado

Postby zlopado » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:25 pm

Prime Minister Susan Wodeham and Count Forstev III stand with the Stantons

In light of recent threats of secession from the Karavs, House Forstev and the Liberal Republican Party have chosen to stand with the Stantons.

Wodeham wrote:We must not allow this petty bickering to disrupt our nation. The Stantons won their election fairly; the Karavs have no right to complain. This fit is a sign only of immaturity, and it would be unwise to entrust any power in such hands. I urge others to join the side of democracy, not of tyranny.
House Forstev (Liberal Republican Party & People's Great Society of Hope) -- Beluzia
zlopado

PreviousNext

Return to National News