Hobrazia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Hobrazian Broadcasting Corporation (HBC)

Postby first » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:31 pm

OOC: As far as i am aware only i can control the people under my control within roleplay, you can not without my say so put him under arrest. I have under this occurance adapted my role play along the lines of this is simple propoganda to deminish moral.
Last edited by first on Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
first

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:33 pm

OOC: Let it be first. I would personally show how barbaric those guys are and then replace my character. Take advantage of the opportunities presented to you! Show a bit more murder and present yourself as the good tradition holder.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Re: FIRST FREE HOBRAZIA

Postby first » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:58 pm

THE OFFICIAL PAPER OF THE FIRST PARTY OF HOBRAZIA

'I stand here free before your very eyes' these are the words of a man stood before a crowd of people in the hills of Kiduran. This man is meant to be in prison for life, he meant to be under the gaurd of the terrorist regime that controls Hobrazia. But no? he is here, here in Kiduran, how can this be? Simple the new power in the land is again lying to its own people. Trying to sap the last bit of strength from them, trying to make their resistence weaken and crumble. They are hoping for a speedy victory but without success for Dominic Neesam is here before us, stood on the same earth as you and me.

The claims made are untrue, simple lies, he is still very much free, within an area of free people, free thinking, free loving and free from general persecution. The leader of the Free Hobrazia gave this emphatic speech

I stand here free before your very eyes. Not in some squalid cell, trapped by mad men controlled by this terrorist regime. I am still here in the heart of Hobrazia and here i shall remain. I shall defend this patch of liberty for you the people, we will defend it for your rights, we will defend it so that you can live a life that you should have, a life with freedom, love, peace, food and waelth. No terrorist power can stop these values, no terrorist power can crush these values, these values endure forever, through troubled times, through good times. The will of the people is always stronger than the will of the politicians, the will of the people is always victorious.

We are threatened, we are beaten, some have been taken and we do not know where. These are the actions of a government that is meant to protect its people, foster peace and allow democracy. Those in power claim that we are the terrorists, claim that we are the ones that have destroyed liberty, we helped build liberty, we helped to give the people homes and jobs, we helped to feed the people, supply them with goods beyond their dreams, and this power now threatens this. This is the last stand, the last moment to defend all that we believe in. We will be victorious, many of us following this course may suffer, may perish at the hands of the evil power, we may lose ground and places may be destroyed, but for liberty there is always a cost, liberty is not free, liberty however must be protected at all times, it must be saved.

I and my fellow leaders declare that action must be taken to prevent the last light and hope of liberty being blown out. We will not allow action against free people to go unpunished, to go unanswered. We will stand for justice, we will stand for liberty, we ask that you loyal Hobrazians to the cause, loyal Hobrazians to a free Hobrazia join us and bring this new threat crashing to the ground, we are not scared, we are not intimidated, let us stand as one free Hobrazians as lead this country out from the dark into the light.

To arms my friends, to liberty and to eventual peace in this life or the next

It is clear what must be done today, the nation and the free people demand it, action is at last to be taken to defend the last light of liberty here in Kiduran. Positions are secured, action begins in earnest for the eventual peace that is longed for.
first

Postby first » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:08 pm

'Today begins the campaign' these are the words of the newly formed government of Free Hobrazia. Led by Dominic Neesam. The first meeting of the new cabinet began with discussions of how to procede with the actions necessary to liberate Hobrazia from the terrorist power that has seized control. How to liberate the people from the corrupt authority that now runs every aspect of their lives. It became clear that the only method that the terrorists would understand was action that they themselves are used to. So begins a new chapter in the life of Hobrazia, tension is brewing, weapons are amassing and lives are threatend. Dominic Neesam gave these words

People of the Hobrazia and Terra, we have suffered greatly this year, we have been persecuted and prevented from giving our thoughts freely. Our own people have disappered and rumours abound of mass killings of those deemed 'inferior'. Indeed these are dark days in Hobrazia when ones own people turn on each other in such ways, that death is the outcome. Death of not only those innocent people but of the moral values of a nation. The nation is on the edge of a cliff, soon it will topple and when it does in the fall all things will be shaken loose. Neighbours will turn on neighbours, brother on brother, father on son, husband on wife. The buildings will crumble the very foundations will be rocked, the economy will collpase, poverty will become the word of the centuary in Hobrazia, generations of great leaps forward will be swept away in one gigantic leap backwards, backwards so far we will be with our ancestors, where food was scarse and violence was prevelent. The word future here will mean past and a past that we do not want, a past that we worked hard to get from.

We must now take all opportunities and build a new Hobrazia whilst we can, we must defend the Free Hobrazia that we love. To this end i announce the creation of the Free Hobrazian government and nation. We will defend this new nation and attempt to liberate the Hobrazian nation from the tyrants that lie, trick and decieve their own people. They claim we were tyrants, yet they are the ones cutting civil liberties. They claim we were evil yet they murder and pillage from those they deem 'inferior', they strike fear into many and we must give the people the courage to stand up for what is right.

Let the actions begin, let the liberation commence, let the new light of Free Hobrazia shine on the rest of the nation.

Following this speech within hours it was reported that explosions occured across Kiduran and Stromridge Sectors. Targets included the Kiduran Tractor Factory which was severly damaged, the headquaters in the nation of Nova Terra, the headquaters of the three terrorist parties, key rail and road infastructure and the border posts and fortifications along the Luhtori border some sections in Kiduran. There have been no reports of casualties. General Michael Neesam of the First Free Hobrazian Army Unit to be formed had this to say

The action has begun, we have begun the campaign to free Hobrazia, we have begun to liberate the nation. It is sad that these events must occur but the terrorist organisation can only be allowed to go so far. We will not stand by and see people dragged from their homes to unknwon fates, we will not stand by has the terrorist try to mobalise new terrorist forces, we must act now. We in this first wave have tried to avoid casulaties, we inform the people of Hobrazia that we are liberators from this terrorist power that has thrown you under a web of lies and trickery, we will not harm those that are innocent, we will not kill or injure the hard workers of the nation, we will not even stoop to killing those in the terrorist organisation, as death will serve nothing. However we will maintain the right to change this if aggression against us continues, we unlike the terrorists in charge show restraint, we show compassion, we show love, we are not to be feared but to be welcomed. Long live the Free Hobrazia that is being built long may it last and i and my troops will protect it to the end.

The new government has promised to release a map of its territory so that the people within the occupied Hobrazia will know where sanctuary can be found, where free life can be maintained and where peace can be secured.

Long live Free Hobrazia and its values
first

Postby first » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:22 pm

HBC NEWS
Last edited by first on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
first

Postby jethro » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:39 pm

OOC: First, you're a dick who doesn't understand RP nor is the least bit of fun to RP with. You stir up apeshit trouble over consent because Sam arrested one of your leaders, now you're blowing shit up and taking over large tracts of the country without any of our consent or foreknowledge? So far as the actual government of Hobrazia is concerned, none of this happened. We will continue to ignore your meaningless publications and pathetic, worthless existence. I break this rule only in this instance so you are not surprised that we treat you in the according manner, namely that none of your actions matter and you simply do not exist.
jethro

Postby first » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:06 pm

Today a great man has died, a man for the people and lived with the people. After many years of great service to the people Alex Neesam former chief of military intelligence, former soldier in the great Hobrazian army in its hay day has perished, killed by a government that claims to be protecting the people. He had retired from public and military life 5 years ago, yet he was still attacked by the government, he was not just attacked but killed. The government claims he was shot whilst trying to escape arrest. Yet this man would never run, he was a brave man, he defended that nation from outside threats, he would not cower before any man, he was storng willed and spoke his mind.

However yet he has no been blown away, exterminated as this old man was an 'enemy of the nation'. This is yet more evidence of the hatred the new authority has for its own people, the contempt with which they hold life, they care not for the people but for themselves. The First Party stand with Alex Neesams family in these dark days, yet again this is not the end of the story, for the family cannot greive they have been arrested, arrested for harbouring a man known to be a criminal and an enemy. How can a government treat its own people in this way.

A relative had this to say

A great man has died, a man who was such an inspirational figure when he was in the armed forces, a man who was caring yet would always tell the truth no matter how harsh it seemed. We as a family will miss him dearly, we are now concerned for the well being of his wife, Helena. We only hope that she is strong, that she will do everything she can to remain strong. We are hopeful that she will be released eventually but when that will be is in the hands of this tyrannical authroity which now claims to run the nation.

Letters of protest have been sent by the First Party to the government however it is unlikely that they will be responded to as they have banned official oppostion, they hae banned the last party that will stand up for peace and justice, they have banned the only party that truely stands for liberty. However it has not crumled away, it has not turned from its path under this pressure, but is even more determined to be victorious in defending liberty, even more determined to stand firm against the flood of tyranny. It will never yield and will never cease to be a voice in the nation, a voice for good and justice in Hobrazia. A voice that cries liberty and peace for the people.
first

Postby first » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:26 pm

OOC: Trying to insult me serves no purpose and i am not interested in an insulting match. All i will say is that atitude is quite childish. I could have taken that attitude, but i carried on in the hope that some RP could continue.

You obviously are reading to much into some of the things i say, large tracks of land is a figment of your own imagination, i never claimed large tracks of land, simply a map showing places where the First Party has some activity, this would have been a scattering of villages in a hilly part of Kiduran, perfect places for people hiding from a government, remote with places to hide. The bombings i admited could be premature, i will quite happily retract them. I am sure that there is a way to procede, but you have to be willing to do so.
first

Postby first » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:24 am

A glorious night hovers over the hills of Kiduran, but dark as it is, the people cannot rest. By day life may appear normal but under the cover of nights such a this the monsters appear, monsters in uniforms, bearing arms against their own people. Dragged from their beds and their own homes, dargged to a new life of inprisonment and torture. Taken by the monsters who claim to care for them. In a single night along up to 200 people can disappear, can be reported missing, taken, taken by these beings of such hatred and repulsive thinking.

However night is no time of rest for the leaders of Free Hobrazia, at night they must be more vigilent, more careful, constantly moving as to make sure they remain safe from the claws of the monsters looking for them. Moving between villages and cavees, moving through the darkened hill, however they are never alone. Planes are ove head looking for movement of the darkened earth, searching to report back to their masters for those deemed enemies. They have had success, 3 members were killed 2 nights ago by one of these flying raptors, bombed as they tried to hide for their lives, targetted because they dare talk against the authorities.

However people reamin calm, be brave and look to the future, you will never be left to fend for yourselves, you will be protected from this tyrannical power, you can trust the FIrst Party and the leaders of Free Hobrazia, they are honest, brave men who have in the past always defended your rights and values. Do not be concerned they will face death for you, they will speak out no matter what the cost, they will not cower and hide from danger, they will reamin with you, they will not leave this nation, they will not seek sanctuary with others. All Hobrazians were free and we shall return them to this freedom, freedom from this authroity that destroys liberty and tries to stop democracy from working, They shall never succede, we shall be here in the elections this year despite attempts to stop us, we shall need your votes, we shall neecd them all. it is 1 party, our party versus 4 others, we can only hope that their propoganada fails. They have already shown they are untrustworthy and dangerous and will noyl bring this nation to ruin. Stand by us for freedom and liberty

Long live a free Hobrazia, long live liberty in Hobrazia
first

Postby Xanathos » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:30 pm

"We would like to reiterate our support for your worthy cause. The free world supports you in your struggle against tyranny and oppression and soon the day will come when the terrorists will hang and once again, Hobrazia will breathe the air of liberty and be a shining beacon of freedom amongst the nations of Terra."

-Transmission to the First Party of Hobrazia from the Holy Luthori Empire
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

PreviousNext

Return to National News