Hobrazia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Hobrazian Broadcasting Corporation (HBC)

Postby 5859. » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Hobrazia Broadcasting Corporation
Government Announces Ballistic Weaponry Development Programme

In a pre arranged press conference today, Supreme Leader Muscat announced plans to begin a nuclear weapons development programme in the countries bid to boost its defences. This message came just hours after the parliamentary Supreme Peoples Council had been presented with and voted for the motion to start the Hobrazia Ballistics Programme. The council we informed that the program would be costly and timely however all efforts would be focused on funding the ballistics program.

Today, I can proudly announce that my government has initiated the first steps towards Hobrazias military abilities being recognised across the globe, in the formation of the Hobrazia Ballistics Programme. Already, we have secured the funding for the initial costs of this great project, with 90 Billion HCR being invested with further annual investments of 50 Billion HCR. Our aim is ambitious and decisive; we hope to have our own aircraft delivery nuclear deterrent by the year 4565, and the ability to launch intercontinental ballistic missiles by the year 4570. This is my governments primary aim during this administration, and we shall do our upmost to achieve this goal.

Every nation has a right to develop the defences they see fit, and Hobrazia is no exception. Thank You.

Postby 5859. » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:24 pm

Public Health Service to be Introduced

Today the Supreme Council have confirmed the wonderful news, that a national health service (Public Health Hobrazia) shall be introduced across the nation. This will provide free heal care to all who meet the (specific) requirements and who are citizens of hobrazia. The Supreme Government has called this a huge step forward in the countrys infrastructure and shall benefit millions of citizens.

Supreme Minister of Health stated in a speech:
Public Health Hobrazia has been a vision and now, our great supreme leader has allowed it to become a reality; free heal care at the point of use for every citizen of our fantastic nation. The cost totally covered by the state. The service shall feature state of the art facilities with the best trained practitioners of medicine that hobrazia can offer. That is what this government has achieved for the people, who I am sure will be yet again entirely pleased, and eternally grateful to Mr Muscat our nation and party leader. Lets continue the process of developing Hobrazia, and lets look to the future.

Postby Illtopilosia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:29 pm

თავისუფლების პამფლეტი
The Freedom Pamphlet

Republic! forms: Demands Exit from DNP Dictatorship

Maybe, just maybe, the dark dark days of DNP dictatorship are coming to a close. That is what the creation of the new Republic! party is at last promising. Founded by the editor of this paper, Konstantine Tsintsadze, the warriors of freedom are finally providing much needed political opposition to the dastardly dictator Oscar Muscat.

The role of the party is a simple one. Wrestle back control of the Hobrazian legislature and re-implement democracy, something this country desperately needs. Long gone are the days when the power of the markets enabled the common people to hold ambitions and dreams. Where the government supported the right to privacy of our citizens. As already demonstrated by their proposal of several bills to the illegitimate Supreme "People's" Council, Republic! have staked out a position vehemently defending our rights and privileges as citizens of a free Hobrazia.

So who leads our new resistance against Tyranny? Well as mentioned previously, the chief editor of this paper, Konstatine Tsintsadze has taken the helm of our new political crusaders. Alongside him, acting as deputy leader for Republic! is the well renowned lawyer-turned-political activist Rouben Arveladze, as well as a selection of the resistance's finest, including the young and charismatic Boris Tsereteli, and Zargundian independence leader, Şirzad Hidayatov.

But despite a renewed optimism amongst the Hobrazian people, there's still a long way to go. The DNP have called new elections, which are undoubtedly going to be a farce in order to attempt to prevent the Republic! making any ground. That and the government subsidised channels spewing out propaganda to belittle our brave warriors will make the next few years very tricky. But at least now there is hope.
Illtopilosia

Postby 5859. » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:32 pm

Hobrazia Celebrates 10 Years of Muscats Reign as Supreme Leader

This year marks a decade since the DNP first came to government, radically transforming our nation, united under one party and one leader. Supreme Leader Muscat first came to power in the year 4553 as president, which then given the great support from the people was transformed to the role and title of Supreme Leader. An honour and challenge that Oscar Muscat is the only person to receive. It is clear following the recent elections, that his reign is set to continue, and for the foreseeable future!

Supreme Leader given walk of honour by DNP Council members on way to executive meetings following recent election victory.

Postby Illtopilosia » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:18 pm

თავისუფლების პამფლეტი
The Freedom Pamphlet

The National People's Council: A Huge Step Towards Democracy

So far this paper can only applaud the work of the Republic! Party in its crusade to combat dictatorship in our country. The combined work of committed party leader Tsintsadve and diplomatic Speaker of the Council, Tsereteli, has seen the legislative body of Hobrazia begin to take back powers from the dictatorial executive and place them back in the hands of the people. This progress has now been reinforced by the ditching of the Supreme People's Council - a name synonymous with Muscat - for the National People's Council.

The new poster boy of the National People's Council, its speaker, Boris Tsereteli, has played an integral part in this shift towards democracy. By carefully balancing the line between the desires of the two parties in Hobrazia, he has managed to forward the power of the Council at the expense of the executive through his position as Chair. His handling of the debate in which Tsintsadve accused the DNP of tyranny, has helped lay down the precedent that the National People's Council is sovereign, whilst the powerful Speaker's Edicts will surely one day be viewed as the first document of Hobrazian democracy when the wall of dictatorship comes crashing down. Tsereteli has a chance to go down in history as one of Hobrazia's finest. And right now his is taking that chance.

However, there is much left to do. The fundamental electoral process is still completely dictatorial. With only tin-pot Muscat having a say over who is part of the cabinet, Republic! are unlikely to claim government of Hobrazia for a long time. Furthermore, with the racist policies of segregation that the DNP are following, our nation is a matter of shame within the international community. Clearly there is much more work for our Republic! politicians to achieve.
Illtopilosia

Postby 5859. » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:17 pm

Supreme Leader to Abdicate from position prior to 4569 Election

Today the unprecedented and shocking news has been revealed that our head of state, Supreme Leader Oscar Muscat intends to end his reign prior to the election set to take place 5 years from now, in 4569. The unexpected news was revealed in a hastily called press conference at the Supreme Leaders official residence in Muzal K’alak’i (the country's capital) .This will mean by the end of his reign, he will have served an impression and admirable 15 years as head of state of Hobrazia.

A section of the speech made by the supreme leader earlier today:
In light of the changing political climate in hobrazia, it has been made clear this changing attitude, is a reflection on me and my administration. Therefore it has become evident, that myself and my party must change with it. It is my hope that hobrazia will continue to flourish under a DNP government after the next election, however I myself wish not to be a part of this. Today I would like to confirm that it is my intention to abdicate as head of state before 4569 elections take place, and in addition to this I will be leaving the Democratic Nationalist Party and resigning as its leader and founder.

This will mean a new head of state will have to be appointed. The process of this is complex due to the governmental structure in place, so my abdecation is scheduled to begin in 4567/8 in order to have enough time for the process to be complete by 4569.

Its been an honour to serve this nation, and I will continue to do so to the best of my abilities until the end of my tenure. More details will be given further down the line, but until then, work needs to be done, and we are committed to doing it. Thank you.

Postby 5859. » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:06 pm

Andrew Shoshan Elected new DNP Leader

The minister of defence Mr Andrew Shoshan has been elected leader of the Democratic Nationalists by the party's member group. Shoshan was up against the current Deputy Supreme Leader John Steiner who received just 31% of the votes cast compared to Shoshan's whopping 69%. The new leader stated his intention to revamp the DNP and says Hobrazia's favourite and largest political party is heading in a new direction, looking to the future.

Closing statements made during Shoshan's speech to party members
I consider it a huge honour and a privilege to be here today, as leader of the Democratic Nationalists. It is a role I could only have dreamed of, and I thank the party members for their faith in my ability to lead them, and hopefully their country. It is my intent to remove the bad blood that has poisoned this political party, with its corruption, intolerance and lack of touch with reality. I hope my leadership will bring about much needed change, and I intend to begin efforts to tackle this immediately. Thank you so much.

Following the news, shoshans opponent in the election, Mr Steiner has told HBC News that he intends to resign rom government immediately. Sources tell us that he and the new leader had very different ideas on party policy. it is suspected the he margin by which Shoshan won is partly down the the puppet role that Steiner has played in the Council, acting upon the wishes of the head of state, Muscat, who resigned earlier in January triggering the leadership election.

Postby Illtopilosia » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:32 pm

თავისუფლების პამფლეტი
The Freedom Pamphlet

Republic! Internal Affairs Spokesperson: "Muscat and Steiner Should Face Capital Punishment for their Crimes"

The day is finally here! In a series of extraordinary events, the pressure of Republic! within the National People's Council has helped topple tin-pot dictator Muscat, and push the DNP onto the path of democracy at last. However, this is only the beginning of the road to reestablishing a fair system in our nation, and already cracks are forming within the Republic! party over what action took take now they have achieved their fundamental goal.

The party seems to have split in three over the issue of what the fate of Muscat and his tag-along Steiner should be following their remarkable fall. The general consensus, and the view held by party leader, Konstantine Tsintsadve, holds that both should be sentenced for their roles in the administration which suppressed Hobrazia for eleven years. However, there is a vocal minority who believe a prison sentence is not harsh enough, and are discussing the return of capital punishment as suitable retribution for these criminals. Among these includes Internal Affairs Spokesperson Koba Gogolidze, who warned of the threat of counter-republicans who would be willing to use any means to take back control of Hobrazia. Pointing to the backhand friendships of the army generals with Muscat, Gogolidze told The Freedom Pamphlet that "the harshest of retributions must be used in order to at last implement the purity of [republicanism]* and extinguish the traitors who want to suppress our people."

Despite this, there is also a small core of members in the party who quietly believe, alongside the DNP, that Mr Steiner and Mr Muscat escape punishment-free. Begrudgingly accepting how the Hobrazian economy has improved over the last decade, these members argue (when they do argue - they have been very quiet on the matter) that despite the injustices committed under the atrocious dictatorship, Muscat and Steiner should go free on the basis of their economic growth. Unsurprisingly, Gogolidze had harsh words for these members when asked about them: "Traitors. The lot of them. Our party was founded on the basis of winning freedom for Hobrazia. And now some members which to allow tyranny to fester in the wings? Disgusting."

As usual, the speaker Mr Tsereteli has kept quiet on the matter, simply restating the imperative for democracy when approached for comment. Although his views may align with those of Gogolidze, it is hard to see Tsereteli turning away from Steiner following the trust he has built up within the National People's Council with the DNP, due to his strict impartiality and resolute principles. Given the sway Tsereteli holds within the party, him committing to a side would give that faction considerable support indeed.

Right now it appears the party will follow its leader and take the moderate path on the road to freedom and democracy. But the world of politics is unpredictable, and it wouldn't be unfathomable for the party to lurch onto a radical road.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Mr Gogolidze used the word: legislativism instead of republicanism in his interview. This is a jargon word used within the party membership to describe a "pure" republic without a Head of State, and with executive powers in the hands of the legislature. However, this word is fast becoming synonymous with this band of radicals within the Republic! party, with many referring to the group led by Gogolidze as Legislativists.
Illtopilosia

Postby Illtopilosia » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:00 pm

თავისუფლების პამფლეტი
The Freedom Pamphlet

Candidates Canvassing for Republic! Presidential Ticket

With just over a year to go before the first Hobrazian Presidential election in over a decade, Republic! politicians are preparing for the race for the opportunity to run for President for the Republic! party. Unsurprisingly, there are not a shortage of people who believe that they are up to the job of taking the helm of the country. However, it is expected that the ones fighting at the top for the nomination will be those given support by the semi-official factions that have built up within the party.

With Tsintsadve ruling himself out for the nomination, saying the party leader was better suited within the Council, the Konstantinites are to put forward current finance spokesperson, Spartak Chakvetadze, who is close to the top of the party leadership, and very consistent with the moderate views of Tsintsadve. The person to lead the Legislativists fight for the nomination will not be their de facto leader, Gogolidze, who, like Tsintsadve, believed he would be better suited within the Council. Instead the chosen candidate is politically-unknown, leader of the Stomereti Republic! Party, Murtaz Alasania, who is close friends with high-ranking Legislativist, Şirzad Hidayatov (Spokesperson - and potentially soon - Minister for Justice for the party).

Other candidates include Sophie Maisuradze (current Spokesperson for Education and Culture), lawyer Maya Gurgenidze, and Zargundian, Zakir Aghamirov, but political analysts don't give these people much chance to win.

Currently, Chakvetadze holds a small lead to Alasania, but the Legislativists have been narrowing the gap. This is partly due to the antics of one Mr Steiner (just as we thought we were finally ridded of him...) who whipped DNP members into voting against changing the racist segregation laws in our country. Meanwhile, polls suggest that were Tsereteli to run, he would storm to the candidacy, with support of up to sixty percent of the membership, and a favourability rating of over 80%. However, the current speaker has already ruled out a run for the Presidency, saying that he hoped to make something of himself in the National People's Council in the "happy case my party no longer is in opposition following the election."

With the race going on, a winner is expected to be announced come June/July later this year. But who it will be is anybody's guess.
Illtopilosia

Postby 5859. » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:34 pm

Prime Minister warns DNP may suffer at next election

The Democratic Nationalist Leader Andrew Shoshan today admitted in a press conference that his party may suffer at the next election due to losing the trust of voters, following the reign of the former DNP totalitarian regime headed by current president Oscar Muscat. He stated the party needed to regain trust and support due to its former policies.

Of course it is an unfortunate possible consequence of the former regime the DNP was head of. We betrayed voters and more importantly the people whom we are meant to represent. It is the duty of myself and DNP ministers in the coalition government to regain the support and trust we may have lost. If I am elected president, I will make it my aim to revoke the appalling laws that the 'supreme leader' President Muscat introduced under his dictatorship. I am ashamed to have featured in his government and of course believe he should be brought to justice.

PreviousNext

Return to National News