Dolgava

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Dolgava

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:10 am

Aikums, Dolgava
March 1st 4911

Dolgava has been silent for a long time regarding the issue of Malivia. However that silence was broken by Leader of the Opposition Kasper Braun, he spoke at length about Malivia. His most potent words and most memorable came in his opening statements...

Today a dark day for Terra. A regime so insane and unrealistic has decided to claim half of the west for itself and her we are sitting on our butts doing nothing, saying nothing. Currently this regime is being appeased. The bottom line, this cow empire twinkle toe nation is trying to claim half of its continent as its own. Hobrazia, Narikaton and Darnussia and others have taken stances to try and defend themselves and this is totally OK in my book. Malivia is like a toe fungus, only not benign, it is dangerous. We must take action to snip this plant in the bud before it becomes a weed in our garden called Terra.

Soon the PM was being pressured by the media and her party and the opposition to make her opinion heard she said the following on a quick statement on Malivia.

Malivia is in their own world I believe. No other country so openly wishes for world conquest, for their race to dominate a continent. This is disturbing and rattles every fiber of my being. I stand 100% with Hobrazia and all the other nations affected, and Like the leader of the opposition I too will declare what they are doing as wrong and speak out against it, however I will not be using quite the inflammatory descriptions as he. It is clear that Malivia is not wanting what is best for their region and Terra as a whole. I see what is happening to be case of misunderstandings and ambitions that are harmful and unrealistic. We hope peace is restored to the region and a time when all nations and people's will be treated fairly by the other nations in harmony. If this does not change action will be taken and taken soon...

As the current situation devolves it looks increasingly like conflict is inevitable, time will tell to see how it plays out but the leaders of Dolgava have logged back on to reality once again and done something to maybe help the situation get better.

The Dolgava Freie Presse is an Independent Newspaper Which Covers All Stories Related to Dolgava
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:45 am

Aikums, Dolgava
November 20th 4914

For Dolgava it has been a tremendous day, a day for some to be filled with jubilation and for others uncertainty. Parliament and the Prime Minister have officially repealed the 245 national, city and local ordinances against the LGBT community. These moves systematically change the outlook of the LGBT community in Dolgava and Parliament will address the rights of that group in the coming days. Liberals across Dolgava applaud the recent moves as they before had been questioning Marina Mansing's lack of change in the recent years. However as she has stated during this time, she has been slowly changing Dolgava trying to make these changes permanent and in the process gain Liberal support to overrule the establishment for the next several decades. Today Marina was triumphant as she spoke to the Dolgavan people. Her words were full of optimism and pride as she said.

Dear Fellow Citizens,

Today we have taken a massive leap forward into the future. Into a time when anyone of any sex, religion and creed has equal respect under Dolgavan Law. I have done something that none of my predecessors have dared to try. I have done something that many Conservatives thought was impossible. That has been me. My administration has trail blazed into uncharted territory. What Dolgava has done is it has brought us closer together as a country and closer to the international community. This is only hte beginning. For now celebrate, eat drink and be merry. You should celebrate! We are doing great things and we will only push onward together!

The Dolgava Freie Presse is an Independent Newspaper Which Covers All Stories Related to Dolgava
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:13 pm

Aikums, Dolgava
November 12th 4916

Prime Minister Marina Mansing was elected for a third consecutive term. She won with a narrowing margin of victory, winning only 57% of the popular support. Her support has been waning in the past few months however with her most recent plans her support might be growing. Marina has been supporting an idea of abolishing the Kingdom of Dolgava and replacing it with a true Republic. This was one of her first campaign promises however as time has gone by popular support for this idea has fluctuated up and down. In her acceptance speech she escalated these calls to a call of action. She promised a referendum by the end of next year in a speech she made to her supporters outside of the capital

I would like to thank you one and all for voting me in as Prime Minister once again. You know I have made it my mission to make Dolgava the best place it can be and there is only so far I can go by myself. Currently the current system is inadequate. We cannot conduct meaningful change if we continue with this system. This is why starting next week I will be asking the election commission and parliament for a referendum. This referendum has been needed for some time. I will be going ot the elections commission and to parliament and asking for a referendum to take this country to the next step, toward a Republic. We have the support, it is only a matter of actually doing it! Thank You Dolgava for choosing a progressive future once again!

With support for the Republic firmly without a doubt, the main question will be. How will Dolgava change? The ousting of the Monarchy that has long been a figurehead and symbol of Dolgava will be a huge change. Only time will tell how severe that change will be.

"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:21 pm

Yes Campaign Leads Heavily in the Polls, Conservatives Scattered and Disorganized

Yes Campaign Rally in Luthorian to boost International Support

Aikums, Dolgava
January, 11th 4917

After last weeks successful referendum start the 8 month countdown has begun. The Yes side has taken the lead in the polls, with polls all over Dolgava showing a heavy 10-13 point lead in all sectors. The Yes campaign has been lead by the Prime Minister and the Liberal Democrats for the duration of the campaign. For the past week supporters of the Yes side have gone door to door handing out pamphlets to Dolgavan citizens and have made ruckus speeches against the Monarchy and the Kingdom in favor of a Republic.

The campaign has spent millions of DOLS in the first week alone, supported by many large Dolgavan liberal corporations as well.

The No side has taken a bit of time to get organized, Kasper Braun has taken a step back in the campaign and young star in the party Markus, Brondermann has taken the lead of the campaign. What has been absent is any comments made by the monarchy. Another young star in the Conservative Camp, Catharina Dzene has made speeches in protest to this recent referendum.

Both sides persist even with the clear implications of a Yes victory. The monarchy has stayed quiet and the country holds its breath.

"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:53 am

Suburbs of Aikums
April, 6th 4917

Commuters outside of Aikums were annoyed and blocked by thousands of republican supporters wanting a Yes victory in the referendum campaign. The blocked one of the main Autobahns going into Aikums. This stranded trucks, buses and thousands of workers on the freeway for over 4 and a half hours until the Mayor of Aikums called for hte local police to clear the protestors. Advocates for a Republic praised the rallies saying things like "It was a stand of unity" and "The people need to see our passion for this message and this movement".

Most people saw this as a slap in the face and an annoyance. For everyday Dolgavans the event was nothing more than a disturbance of their everyday lives. This event is the most recent of about 15 parades and rallies held across the nation for the Yes side.

On the No side more humble rallies are being held as well as phone calls and door to door campaigns. The polls still show the Yes side in the lead quite heavily. However the Yes side has gone down in support from the early polls as voters start to question the Republic message. For now the nation continues to be in a state of standstill and with more events such as these interrupting daily life, the winds could be changing.

"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:22 am

Aikums, Dolgava
July, 1st 4917

The King of Dolgava who has traditionally been very quiet and out of public life spoke to the people of Dolgava today in a recent twist. He threw his support logically behind the No side but said that he would understand the will of the people. His speech instead of attacking people brought a level of understanding and sense of calm to the upcoming referendum. His speech was recorded and televised and a excerpt of it can be found below.

Greetings People of Dolgava,

For the longest time this country has stood for freedom and liberty. For the longest time we have persisted despite what other nations may think. Together we have done great things. We have gone to the moon, brought about peace and stability to Keris. Fought for people with no voice. The Kingdom of Dolgava in many aspects has done things that not even Republics have done. Yet as I turn on the television these days I see ads saying that the Monarchy and the Kingdom has been an oppressor to the people. To this I ask? What have we done to oppress the people? What have we done to obstruct democracy? You can answer when you have a legitimate reason. The answer is that the Dolgavan Monarchy has been in the background. We have symbolically lead Dolgava for centuries yes, but my power is less than anyone imagines. I have been open with every Prime Minister I have been with. I have not been in the way of anyone and have served my job with dignity and respect for the people.

As you all have heard there is a referendum. This referendum would abolish the current constitution and replace it with a Republic. The question is vague as many people have pointed out. Also the referendum gives complete power to ONE party to create a new country. Goodbye Kingdom hello? What, what will this republic look like? No one has been asking this question. As the King of Dolgava and a citizen of this fine land I as a concerned citizen ask this question? Will Marina Mansing lay out her plan for a republic. If we are headed toward a Endralon like state God I pray for this country if that would be the case.

It is my duty to protect this nation from both threats external and internal. Now I will not get in the way of democracy but I will say this. It is my duty to do what I can to help the people of Dolgava and I will help you by giving my honest opinion. I do not support this referendum because the alternative is to vague and we have no idea what the country would be after it. The referendum should be the beginning of a clear plan except this referendum has only questions and darkness at the end. Please, people of this country vote NO on this referendum. I know it is meant to be something good but this does not help anyone at all. This will only lead Dolgava to ruin.

Thank You all for Listening and God Bless Dolgava

His speech has erupted the No side as a rallying cry has been sent across the nation. Monarchist rallies have sprang up across the nation echoing the King's words of wisdom. Will the polls reflect these most recent changes however?

"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby Luis1p » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:01 pm

Luis1p

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:27 am

Polls Become Razor Thin - Monarchist Support Slows However and Polls Stabilize

Recent Polls have gotten Razor Thin

Dolgavaopolis, Dolgava
September, 14th 4917

The Monarchist Support of the past few months has grown exponentially as increased skepticism toward the concept of the Republic and as this skeptics has risen so has the support for the monarchist camp. The polls have gotten increasingly tight as experts are starting to really question which side will win. Recent polls show a slight lead for the YES side and this makes sense as they have had this lead ever sense the start of the referendum campaign. However the surprising development is the speed of the comeback by the NO side and the fact that Monarchism is growing as a whole once again. This has fueled politicians like Kasper Braun to make speeches grilling the current PM. In a recent speech Kasper called Mansing a "Villainous Traitor" and a "Bottom Feeder" amongst other things. No one knows for sure how the public will sway in the next month and that prospect is slightly concerning. Never the less one side will have to be victorious. This month will change the country as we know it, the question however remains? Which side will come out on top?

"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:44 am

Aikums, Dolgava
October, 20th 4917

The vote is over, the count is final. Over 93% of the Dolgavan Population participated and this decisions has already made lasting impacts on the country. The decision was a simple Yes or No. The vote was close throughout the whole night as many sat up late to listen or see the result. However the result is now clear the NO side was victorious. The No side lead the entirety of the race and despite multiple close calls, continued until the finish to be in the lead. Yes supporters as one can imagine are devastated. Crowds demanded recounts for the good part of 2.5 hours until Prime Minister Marina Mansing took the stage. The Yes side spoke first and Marina being the spokeswomen spoke to her supporters. Her speech was shocking and the implications long lasting...

Dear Gracious Loyal Citizens,

Tonight is a night to build upon. We have come so close, we can touch, feel and grasp at a true Republic but it was not meant to be. Ever since I visited my dear childhood friend in Endralon I have envied that place. I have envied what Dorvik has become, what most of Terra has embraced, but we in Dolgava have time and time again refused to accept it for ourselves. Dolgava is a country with a firm belief in a system of government and the people stood for what they believe is right. The choice they made I believe will hurt them for the long run but, I will respect it.

As I have stated many times in the past I have ambitions. Ambitions only fulfilled with the creation of a Republic. Because of this decision I have announced my resignation as your Prime Minister. I leave a nation that is torn apart. I have seen what great things could happen to this nation but the people have other ideas. To the international community I say, continue on with the fight for Democracy and for the Dolgavan People I ask that you reflect on your decision made tonight.

Good Bye

Marina remained stoic and calm and collected through her speech tonight

Parliament will begin the process of starting elections starting next Monday. Her successor will be good friend of Marina Mansing, Hilja Rootare will lead the Liberal Democrat Movement. The former fashion designer and friend of Marina, she looks to revive the Republicanist movement after this bitter defeat. However if the Conservatives have their way, they will not be in office any time soon...

With the win tonight former PM and continued leader of the opposition, 55 year old Kasper Braun is leading a renewed effort to win back the premiership. In front of a packed house tonight in Aikums, he called on the Monarchists to vote he said in a jubilant speech. His speech was short but it was to the point

Friends,

We have done it! We have defended Dolgava. Marina and her brood are running like rats. The Dolgavan people have defended this land from the oppressors. To be honest if we were to become a Republic we would end up like any one of a half a dozen failed states. We will not settle for that!!! And we did not settle for it. I am proud of the people of this country. Lets get this election going and take back this country!!!

Elections will be taking place in a matter of months, currently with the collapse of the Liberals it would mean a tight race, will Kasper win in one of the greatest political comebacks of all time? That is for the future to decide.

"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:15 am

Aikums, Dolgava
January, 21st 4918

Elections were held across Dolgava today. In a massive upset the long time leader of the Conservative Party the charismatic Kasper Braun has won. The conservatives swept across Dolgava following a defeat in the referendum and a resignation of the former PM Marina Mansing. Kasper Braun celebrated with his supporters in Aikums. The Conservative leader stood on a podium and spoke to his supporters saying

Friends, patriots, countrymen.

Today is a day of celebration. Today we have vanquished the beast, the beast being Liberalism. Liberalism is a blight that wriggles into everything it touches, but we have stood our ground. The people of Dolgava have crushed the foe and have been victorious. Mansing will forever live in her country home, never to want to step foot in rural Dolgava. It is a fact that Liberals do not care about the country and the country folk. For as beautiful as Aikums is, it is not the entire country. Yes, they underestimated our strength! Finally after years of turmoil I have returned. The international community did not expect it. The former dictator had no idea and could not comprehend this and no one expected this. I have seen this country suffer under a lady who could not get the job done. Now it is my turn!

Thank You all and I Thank You from the bottom of my heart for electing me once again!

Conservatives are still celebrating as the morning dawns. What will Kasper do now? What will he accomplish? Those are questions that will be answered sooner rather than later. However a turmoil filled year has come to a close and the Conservatives have come back from the dead and have taken the country by storm once again.

"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

PreviousNext

Return to National News