Dolgava

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Dolgava

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:46 am

New Prime Minister Sven Kangro Makes State Visit to Deltaria One of His First Official Duties as PM

Sven Kangro in Deltaria where he made it a point to visit the country soon after becoming Prime Minister

November 4th 5451

The new Prime Minister of Dolgava has gone on an official state visit to Deltaria to rekindle ties between the Dolgavan Empire and Deltaria. The state visit is primarily so that Deltaria and Dolgava despite being on other sides of the planet from each other will be able to be closer economically and militarily. The new Government in Deltaria invited the Dolgavan Government to visit with the new Prime Minister graciously accepting. The deal will see Dolgava gain a valuable trade partner in Majatra and one of the fastest growing nations in the region. Also Dolgava and Deltaria are similar ethnically and culturally. Also the Deltarian Government has been in the process of restoring the monarchy, something that Dolgava not only has but supports across Terra.

Visiting the country and meeting with the Delatrian Government Prime Minister Kangro discussed about Dolgavan companies entering the Deltarian continent and vice versa saying that it is "a great opportunity for both countries". Also they discussed about possibly military technology deals between the two countries in the coming months as a way of even further cooperating. At the end of the visit the new Dolgavan Prime Minister thanked the Deltarian Government speaking in a press conference that

My time here in Deltaria has been extremely fruitful and very good. Deltaria has been extremely welcoming and they are everything that a country would want in a valuable trade partner. I would like to personally thank Prime Minister Renato Brozović and his government for their time and their hospitality. It is so important during this time of crisis in Artania and across Terra that we come together in brotherhood and friendship instead of backstabbing and fighting amongst ourselves. With the threat of chemical weapons being prevalent and an apparent danger, it is imperative that we form and practice in good trade and cooperation across the globe.

The Dolgavan Prime Minister will be returning to Aikums and is to be rumored to be in talks with Luthori, Hutori and allies in the region to discuss the ongoing reaction to chemical weapons in Kirlawa and Lourenne and Beiteynu's response of overstepping nations in the region trying to play the role of "white knight".

The Dolgava Freie Presse is an Independent Newspaper Which Covers All Stories Related to Dolgava
Last edited by alaskancrabpuffs21 on Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:06 am

The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:25 pm

Crown Prince Karlis Comes of Age

Prince Karlis the future Emperor of Dolgava has come of age which for the Dolgavan Royal Family is traditionally 14 years of age

December 4th 5453'

Prince Karlis, son of the Dolgavan Emperor Gustav has reached the traditional age of adulthood for Dolgavan royals which is 14. This age is symbolic of older times when kids had to grow up faster than they do now. Karlis when crowned Emperor would be the first person to have that name since Karlis lV who reigned in 3597. The name is an ancient and important Dolgavan royal name but not used in recent centuries for reasons unknown.

The coming of age ceremony for Dolgavan Royals is usually a private affair with only close family and friends being invited along with the presence of the Bishop of Aikums who will give the royal a blessing on their birthday. Of course the age of 14 is far from being considered a legal adult in Dolgava as 18 is the age usually associated with adulthood and things like drinking being legal at 16 years old, but for Dolgavan Royals the age of 14 is when they will begin official duties, making state appearances and representing themselves and their family in events. As apart of tradition soon after his 14th birthday the new Crown Prince will make his first official duty as Prince, which is usually something simple and straightforward but for the future of the Monarchy it is a big day. Strangers and Royal Watchers gave gifts to the Prince with the Royal Palace's mail sorting room filling up with well wishes from people.

As Prince Karlis passes from the private eye to that of a much more public profile, this event marks the transition from a mere prince to the future Emperor of Dolgava. Today Karlis has made his first steps toward his eventual crowning as Emperor. This event may be just a birthday with arbitrary ages being chosen but it marks much more than that, it marks the continuation of the monarchy, the assurance of a solid future for the Empire and the beginning of a long public service career for Prince Karlis. This is something that should be celebrated and it is here in Dolgava.

The Dolgava Freie Presse is an Independent Newspaper Which Covers All Stories Related to Dolgava
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby Luis1p » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:44 pm

Luis1p

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:41 pm

Dolgavan Emperor Caught Cheating With Dolgavan Supermodel? Divorce Rumored to be Coming Soon???

Emperor Gustav of Dolgava has been sighted with Hulstro-Dolgavan Actress and Model Anna-Lisa Feyerabend

December 27th 5454

Today photos and videos showing the Emperor of Dolgava and Dolgavan model Anna-Lisa Feyerabend have been published and widely circulated across Dolgava. These photos provide proof that the King has been unfaithful to his marriage to Queen Consort. Photos of the two kissing on a private beach in Lirath along with photos of Feyerabend's private plane at the private airstrip of one of the summer homes of the Emperor have solidifying something that many people have questioned for quite some time and that is the relationship between the Emperor and Queen Consort. The two have been rarely seen in private together, with their relationship being very private and almost unknown to anyone in the public eye. Gustav has made it a point to not have his love life broadcast across the airwaves but today that all has changed.

No public announcements or reactions have taken place at this time but rumors have swirled that with the leaking of this information the Royal Couple will be divorcing which will create a scenario where the head of the Dolgavan Luthorian Church will be in a massive scandal and doing something that is heavily frowned upon in the church. Also the prestige of the Dolgavan Royal Family will significantly get hit from this scandal as it shows that they are not immune to criticism and controversy.

The Crown Prince who himself is beginning his public life also have to deal with the fallout of the Emperor with certainly questions being thrown at him in the coming days and weeks. Could this be the beginning of a more turmoils period for the Dolgavan Royal Family? Something that has been extremely stable and with little controversy for years? This of course is not the first controversy but it will certainly test how the Royal Family can deal with negative press and especially how the Emperor can fix the situation that he now finds himself in.

Last edited by alaskancrabpuffs21 on Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:40 am

October 7th 5458

With the recent announcement that the Royal Family has returned to Kalistan, in an interview the Crown Prince "welcomed" the decision and said that he was "very glad to see" the changes take place in the country. The Crown Prince who has become the defacto main face of the Royal Family (after the Emperor has become something of a recluse following the bombshell report of him cheating on the Queen Consort), has been increasingly active in the public eye of Dolgava. He said that "Dolgava and Kalistan have been friends and at peace for ages" and that "The change back to a monarchy will only strengthen our friendship".

Despite conflict with Lodamun and Likatonia in the past, Kalistan and Dolgava have been on cordial terms for centuries. The age old trade deals and Dolgava being apart of ODEN have helped the two countries stay close and at peace with each other without incident for decades and centuries. Dolgava has had friendly relations with Kalistan regardless of party or regime in power, seeing the Dolgava-Kalistan friendship as something more than geopolitics and something that should endure regardless of ideological differences.

In circles of Royal fans which exist here in Dolgava the Empress of Kalistan Nicolette Ananto is seen as a popular figure in the country, someone admired by fans here in Dolgava. The Crown Prince even commented on her saying that "She really seems to have her head on her shoulders and I have no doubt that she will do only the best for Kalistan. I think that Kalistan is lucky to have someone like her to represent them. She is extremely smart and capable". When asked about the possibility of Ananto visiting the Dolgavan Empire Karlis said "This is of course up to the Dolgavan Government to arrange but the House of Rothengren-Ludwig would welcome her with open arms".

The Dolgavan Broadcasting Company is funded in whole by the Dolgavan government
Last edited by alaskancrabpuffs21 on Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:02 am

Crown Prince of Dolgava Dies in Fiery Plane Crash!?!? Princess Konstanja to be next in line to the throne

Crown Prince Karlis passed away after his private jet lost both engines due to a bird strike and crashed into a mountain according to the Ministry of Aviation

March 3rd 5463

Crown Prince Karlis has died in a terrible accident in Hodari. The Crown Prince who was conducting personal business was on a short flight from Aikums to Dolgarburg when the plane what experts are calling a "freak accident". The plane collided with birds killing with engines and due to the mountainous terrain the plane was going over it was forced to attempt to land in the mountains. The problem is it did not land in a safely manner and could not and so this terrible tragedy unfolded.

Rescuers and first responders made it on scene but it was too late. The crown prince, 5 members of his staff and the crew of the plane had all passed away on impact. The tragedy according to one first responder was "truly horrendous and sickening". The royal family and the country has reacted to the terrible news with the Dolgavan Emperor Gustav releasing a statement saying that "my heart now fervently weeps for the loss of my son". As of yet there are no statements from the Crown Prince's wife but that is not expected to come. As tragic as this scene is, it does create possible succession problems as to who would become Emperor or Empress with the death of the Crown Prince. According to the succession laws the next in line is the younger sister of the late Crown Prince and now the Crown Princess of Dolgava, Konstanja. Konstanja much like her siblings has tried to remove herself from her father's drama and has laid out a successful path for herself as a icon of the royal family and as someone who appears at social events in Dolgava and at state events. She is married to a Dolgavan businessman who will be named Prince Ēro. He is the son of large landowning mining CEO in Noversk and met the Crown Princess in school.

Crown Princess Konstanja at the Royal Ball last year

The future of the nation is in very capable hands of Crown Princess Konstanja but today is a very dark, tragic day for the Royal Family but the country as a whole. The Prime Minister has announced a week of mourning for the Crown Prince as he also consideres retirement from the position of Prime Minister of the Dolgavan Empire. May God have mercy on Karlis's soul and may God have mercy on Dolgava...

Last edited by alaskancrabpuffs21 on Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby Luis1p » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:44 pm

Luis1p

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:52 am

May 24th 5464

In a crazed and very bizarre attack several Hosian Extremists rushed the Dolgavan Emperor's car during a motorcade passing by in Aikums today. The attack saw three armed men rush the car killing a security officer and attempting to get to the Emperor. For a few tense minutes as the extremists battled with police. The Royal Guard soon came and shot all three men dead saving the lives of the Royal Family as well as the security forces who were blindsided by the attack.

Early reports show that the groups responsible was a Hosian extremist group called "Order of Saint Catherine" an unofficial order that has extreme views on marriage, sex, and politics. Recently the group has become more and more fixated on the Emperor and his scandalous love life with actresses, and his open admittance to being an adulterer. State Police have found posts pointing towards "God's wrath" towards the Emperor. This matches perfectly with eyewitnesses that said that the three men shouted insults and said "are you ready to die?"

This attack on on the extreme end of major backlash toward the Emperor from Hosians in Dolgava that think that the Emperor's love life is disgusting and a terrible image of Dolgava abroad. The extremists views of this clearly have made their presence known to the Emperor, the country but to the entire world. There have been condemnations across the Dolgavan Luthorian church from pastors and priests who have called for the Emperor to repent. Online several movements conspiracy theories have started circulating saying that the Emperor was responsible for the tragic death of the Crown Prince last year with many claiming that his outspoken criticism of the Emperor was what caused his untimely and tragic demise.

Emperor Gustav is the most hated Emperor according to national polls in modern history with 40% of the population supporting him while a massive 56% say that they think he should resign. 6% either are unsure or believe the monarchy should be abolished completely. This is by far the most reviled and hated monarch in recent memory. In contrast the Crown Princess has over 80% National Support with only 12% going against and 8% being unsure. Experts are recommending the Emperor abdicate quickly before his popularity tanks even further, this however seems unlikely.

The Dolgavan Broadcasting Company is funded in whole by the Dolgavan government
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:09 am

Dolgavan Emperor Abdicated Following Terrorist Attack and Growing Unpopularity. Empress Konstanja to Take the Throne

Empress Konstanja becomes the youngest Empress in Dolgavan History to assume the throne (not counting Kings and Queens) at the age of 21

June 3rd 5464

Weeks after the attempted murder of the Emperor, he took to national television to announce his abdication to the Dolgavan people. The Emperor cited the attack as well as a "apparent need for change". His speech was short, and to the point, leaving nothing more than an explanation and his support and confidence in his daughter and his successor.

There are times when one knows when it is the right time to be done with something. All of us have had moments like this in our lives, the urgent need to complete a task in which you have been set about to do. Well today I truly feel it is time for me to abdicate the throne. Only a short time ago, I was attacked in the most barbaric of ways. This has made me realize that I must reconsider my life and reconsider what I should be doing with it. I feel like I have a second chance to make it right. I know there is anger, I know there is frustration and I know that if I stay in this role, it will only exasperate these feelings. That is why as of today I have abdicated as Emperor of Dolgava. This means according to succession laws that my daughter, Konstanja is the Empress of Dolgava.

I truly believe that Konstanja is very ready and capable of serving you in a capacity, I feel I cannot. I support her with all my heart and strength and I trust that the Dolgavan people will as well.

The Prime Minister who is acting as a caretaker Prime Minister until Conservative Party elections have concluded has called the decision "Gustav's and Gustav's alone" while saying that he "will be meeting with the new Empress in the coming days. As for the new Empress we wish her only the best as she assumes this role, may God be with her!

"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

PreviousNext

Return to National News