Dolgava

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Dolgava

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:49 am

Dolgava to Start Reforestation of Former Industrial Areas and Prioritize Forest Products in a New Bill Titled "The Dolgavan National Forest Act"

Government programs looking to expand Dolgava's forests will put money into the pockets of Dolgavan timber companies and private citizens alike

Aikums, Dolgava
June 2nd 5209

The Dolgavan Department of Natural Resources has instructed to follow through on a new proposal passed by the Reichstag which will increase forestation on Dolgavan forests and reform the Dolgava's forest laws. This came after an inquiry found that lots of Dolgavan land especially sites of old factories mills or dumps need to be changed to prevent the spread of hazardous material into the soil and surrounding landscape and ecosystem, one of the best methods to clean the land up is to simply start planting forests at these sites.

The Government wanted to change things, that was clear. An estimated 46% of Dolgava is forested, with the majority of the other land being agriculture, fields, and alpine land. However the Government inquiry found lots of unused fields especially on government land something that is not profitable or useful to the economy at all. The plan would change Dolgava's forest practices on its head, putting in stream buffers around streams to keep water quality pure along with protecting several species of wild birds. A 100 meter barrier will be put in place near all streams that are in forestland. Also all designated forestland will have to be replanted within two years of it being cut, this is to ensure the continuation of forests for the years to come. Also the law established tax credits and incentives for people to plant forests on their properties in an attempt to boost the timber industry across the nation. The purpose of all of this is simple, to create sustainability in the Dolgavan timber industry.

Dolgavan Prime Minister praising the passage of the Dolgava National Forest Act

Prime Minister Sofia Krämer stressed the importance of this bill and what it does by saying

The Dolgava National Forest Act is a remarkable piece of legislation that will protect, harness and grow our forests into a resource that will last generations. It is a fact that the only renewable building material on Terra is wood from and forest products, by proper forest management we can become the world leader in timber harvesting and forests and at the same time we can protect our environment and especially our water quality from damage. We can reforest areas that we have polluted. This way we are harnessing our natural resources but at the same time making sure our forests and environment is clean, and sustainable for our children and grandchildren. We have an opportunity to excel in this industry and I am committed to starting the path towards Dolgavan innovations in the industry and we will not stop until Dolgava is the world leader of timber production!

Dolgavan timber companies have praised the bill however they have criticizing the barriers on streams citing them as "unnecessary". For land owners they will receive tax breaks on any land they reforest by the acre, up to a 40% and tax reduction. The Government will also be reforesting land they also own especially around military bases and other infrastructure. As the current percentage of land is about 46% forest the Government's target is 55-60% in 100 years which is expected to increase Dolgavan timber production so Dolgava becomes one of the most timber rich nations in Terra something that many people including the Prime Minister want to see become a reality.

The Dolgava Freie Presse is an Independent Newspaper Which Covers All Stories Related to Dolgava
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:44 am

Prince Alexios Enters Public Life!

16 year old Prince Alexios has entered public life and his official duties as crown prince

Aikums, Dolgava
November 4th 5212

The crown prince of Dolgava Alexios has officially entered public life, he was introduced as is custom by the King in a small ceremony, his father's short speech congratulating the young prince and praising his skill has been published by the royal palace. The Prince is will be first going throughout Dolgava to several charity organizations and such until his primary schooling is over. While he is in University he will be taking a break from public life and then after that he will restart this time with foreign tours and official visits abroad. The statement mentions the Prince's love of biology and especially horses, he has rode horses since he was almost 8 years old and has won several awards for youth competitions over the years. The King mentioned his constant love of learning and his ability to connect to others. The speech was short but impactful.

The Prince will be attending the University of Aikums and he has made clear his intentions to get a degree in Biology. His younger siblings Sophia and Ernst who are twins are 13 and are also going to be doing official duties in the coming years once they come of age.

For Alexios many Dolgavans have sent he prince gifts ranging from flowers to a new custom made Saddle for his horse from a well known Dolgavan leathersmith, many well wishers have made their voices clear in support of the next Prince, and Alexios is ready to move to the next chapter of his life as crown prince of Dolgava.

The Dolgava Freie Presse is an Independent Newspaper Which Covers All Stories Related to Dolgava

In Other News:
- Increased strife between the Prime Minister's moderate faction and the more radical right wing factions starting to create rift in party
- Forest production booming following forest regulations that is reshaping the industry
- Economy on the rise experts say as the crisis only a handful of years ago is in the rear view mirror
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:01 am

Dolgava to Recommission Mõõkvaal Class

SMS Ryklys awaiting refits in Dolgavaolopis

Dolgavaopolis. Dolgava
December 23rd 5212

The five ships of the Mõõkvaal class are the SMS Mõõkvaal , SMS Vētra, SMS Ryklys, SMS Uzvara and SMS Slava have been in mothballs for sometime. These ships are primarily designed as platforms for conventional missiles that can strike many countries within minutes, they are the backbone of the Dolgavan Submarine corp and with the successful redeployment of the Dolgavan Attack Submarines the Mõõkvaal class will be the next class that will be implemented in the revamped Dolgavan Navy in a statement from the Dolgavan Navy called this move a "revitalization of Dolgavan prestige on the oceans". Indeed the Prime Minister has been under increased pressure from the hawkish members of her party to do more in increasing the Dolgavan Military's capabilies across the globe. One member railed against Istalia, Deltaria and other nations saying

We are seeing the powers of Terra who are against our best interests arm for a conflict that we cannot see, we must not be blind we must take action and defend ourselves for any future scenario.

Dolgavan engineers will be getting state of the art sonar, radar and advanced equipment on board. The hull will also be reinforced and will be upgraded however the details of this remain classified. The crews of these submarines will spend extensive training on board simulators and other Dolgavan submarines and only the best crews will be on board these boats. The crews will be expected to perform their duties better than any other submarine crew to keep Dolgava's first strike capabilies in top shape at all times.

The Dolgavan Military and the rebuilding process has gone on albeit at a slow pace, something that the Prime Minister has gotten some flack for doing slowly. However her newest plan will expand the Dolgavan Navy first with the methodology of it being Dolgava's first line of defense if a foreign nation was to strike Dolgava. The Dolgavan Submarine corp in the past has been a major asset and strength of the Dolgavan armed forces, something the Prime Minister wants to bring back. Recruitment for the Dolgavan Navy has reached almost historic highs with many young men and women wanting to serve on the submarine force. With the Trigunian aggression mere years ago the need for a strong Dolgavan military has never been more apparent and young Dolgavans know this and want to do their part to serve.

Dolgavan Prime Minister speaking to a Party Conference a month ago

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luthorian Port to be Constructed Within the Next 4 Years

Dolgavan Officials have also announced that the planned new Naval Port in Luthori is on schedule and will begin next year, the port will be a large port for the Luthorian navy and will be safe harbor for Dolgavan naval ships as well, a refueling, rearming and will have Dolgavan military personal on sight, experts are saying that in theory Dolgava will have a capable military presence in Luthori because of this port. Luthori is still trying to find itself as a country with its citizens still suffering from several crisis's including the rise of radical leftist groups. Dolgava's mission with this port will be to provide stability and peace in the torn apart country and will be a neutral figure in Luthorian affairs. The Dolgavan financial crash has postponed the Port however the Port will soon become a reality with the help of Dolgavan and Luthorian engineers and workers.

In Other News:
- Sex Worker who was arrested speaks out calling for end of illegalization of the "industry"
- Dolgavan women gives birth to quintuplets
- Cheese Industry in Dolgava soaring due to deregulation of farms
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:25 am

Right Wing Branch of Conservatives Looking to Challenge Moderate Prime Minister

Martin Vorbeck and his wife Domicele speaking in the Conservative Party Conference last month

Aikums, Dolgava
November 13th 5215

Prime Minister Sofia Krämer and her moderate wing of the Conservative Party of Dolgava has been in power for almost 13 years now, he face has been a constant in the Dolgavan News and throughout the country, her recent marriage to her longtime boyfriend Marius has seen her rise in popularity to almost new heights, she is 45 years old and is poised to lead the country another 10 odd years. The journey has not been easy for her though, members of her own party have been skeptical by her spending and her support of Dolgavan Green energy programs, especially as the energy crisis of several years ago is now firmly in the rear view mirror. Today after much rumors of challengers finally it materialized with the former mayor of Homar Point Martin Vorbeck announced he will be challenging the Prime Minister in the next election.

Pundits on the more right wing of the party have praised the move calling for a need for new blood, new leadership and a new perspective on the current challenges Dolgava faces. The government's current plan especially with the growing instability in Trigunia is to continue as the Dolgavan Government said "to practice business as usual". Vorbeck called this continuation of the same old same old, a "massive blunder". He spoke to a crowd in Aikums today announcing his bid as Prime Minister in the Right Wing faction calling for a renewed embrace of Dolgavan exceptionalism and the cutting of government spending.

Throughout history we have seen governments take power and become stagnant, we have seen over the past decade plus, a government that started with life and energy but has fallen into decay and almost expecting an election victory despite the consequences. Tonight my friends, this ends! I will be running for Dolgavan Prime Minister to bring a jolt back to the Prime Minister's office, we need a breath of fresh air, we need new ideas. This party needs a new leader, this country needs a new leader!

Throughout my time as mayor of Homaar Point, I prided myself in standing up for the little guy, for being the friend of the Dolgavan worker. Folks, I am not a career politician, I have not spent my life in Aikums, legislating, and I don't have to be. I know firsthand the importance of securing our northern border right now. Trigunia is falling into chaos and we cannot let it spread into our borders. The current government wants business as usual.Patriots, we cannot have business as usual. I am running for the forgotten members of my party for those that have felt left out, those that feel we haven't been doing enough. It is time for that to change!

Join me in being that change, next Spring we will march to Victory! Thank You all and God Bless!!!

The reaction from the Prime Minister and her allies has been mixed, with one cabinet official claiming that a leadership challenge is "good for Democracy" while others have called the challenge "foolhardy". The entire Dolgavan Liberty Faction a right wing Nationalist faction of the Conservative Party has supported Mr. Vorbeck with more moderate MP's possibly joining in the near future. The situation looks to get interesting as the election campaigns begin and the Prime Minister faces for the first time in her premiership, a close race.

In Other News:
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby Martinulus » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:31 pm

Regional parties unite to form "Together Dolgava"

Aikums - Intellectuals and representatives of all of Dolgava's major ethnic groups converged on Aikums today to form a new political party. The party, whose full name is 'Patriottic Union "Together Dolgava" ' (abbreviated "K" for the first letter of the word together in the various Dolgavan languages), looks to be a centrist formation which seeks to promote the cultural diversity of Dolgava and is inspired by Hosian Democratic, Civic Nationalist and to a lesser extent Septembrist ideology.

The party's leader, chief conductor of the Dolgavan National Chamber Choir Janus Lasbergis, declared that the party aimed for "a Dolgava in which the best of Dolgava shines - our diversity, our mother tongue, our sense of community. We ask, to speak with the Valgrivan poet Klassen:" - here he continued in slightly accented Valgrivan - "Cannot the tongue of this land, in the wind of incantation, rise up to the heavens and seek eternity? And we must answer, yes. But we must go together. Kopā. Kartu. Kokku. Vereint. And we must speak true: too many for whom Dolgavan or Hulstrian is not their mother tongue are unable to contribute to their full potential to that togetherness. That is what we will change." He concluded with a reference to the legendary Castle of Light from Dolgavan culture: "We have hope, we have our words and our efforrs and our songs. We shall call the light, and the light shall answer. The shining Castle of Light shall yet be rediscovered in Dolgava!"

The fact that Lasbergis, a choral conductor of some renown, leads the new formation is not coincidental: the leaders of the various regional parties and civil society groups which form the new party conceived of the idea in the margins of the Dolgavan National Song Festival, where minority languages are an increasingly large part of the programme. They observed, according to Lasbergis, that the increasing stake of Valgrivans, Azkulians and others was not mirrored around the country in the political and economic sphere. Inspired by Hosian Democracy, the few Hulstro-Dolgavans part of the group also injected a healthy dose of the historical Septembrist Movement which once dominated in Hulstria-Mikuni. The party insists that while its policies might be focused on the country's ethnic minorities, it is not anti-Hulstrian and that it has no official stance on the monarchy. "We wish to lift people up, not take others down."

After the party's constitution and programme was signed, Lasbergis conducted the entire assembly in a performance of Valgrivan, Azkulian and Dolgavan choral music, ending with the National Anthem. "In the end, we are all Dolgavans. We, together, are Dolgava."
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:56 pm

Aikums, Dolgava
February 1st 5217

In a major shakeup for the party but also for the entire country the longtime Prime Minister of Dolgava, Sofia Krämer has been ousted following an internal party vote where more than 60% of Dolgavan members of the Reichstag voted to removed her. This move is unprecedented as normally a leadership contest is held before the next general election however the party rules were changed in 5215 with support of the party members following pressure from the more right wing elements of the party. The natural successor is Martin Vorbeck and his Nationalist Alliance faction, the faction was long on the fringe of the party but ever since the July 10th Terrorist Attacks over 13 years ago, the faction has grown in strength slowly from election to election. The popularity peaked during the short Dolgavan Recession and the aftermath along with increased government spending.

Mr. Vorbeck has been vocally opposed to bigger government citing several areas where the government has overreached and gotten too large. He has been skeptical of the Governments plan to go to green energy however with popular support from the entire country following the energy crisis he is expected to follow his predecessor in that department. He has told news outlets like the Freie Presse Network that his cabinet will "retain elements of the old government with new people in new positions as well".

The outgoing Prime Minister Sofia Krämer was tearful in her resignation speech saying

It has been my honor to serve this great country for as long as I did, together we went through many highs and many lows. It is clear that this party wants new direction and simply put the voices of my party members have been clear, they do not want me in the position of leader of this party or this country. For now I wish the new party leader and next Prime Minister whoever it is, the best and I will serve in the caretaker capacity until a new leader is elected by the party's MP's. For now I will focus on being with spending time with my nieces and nephews. I Thank You all for your support in the several elections I took part in and your continued support. Without your support I would not have been able to serve this country as long as I did. We did great things, we boosted the economy, we boosted our natural resources, we went through thick and thin.

The opposition parties which have sprang up in recent months are calling for a general election following the cabinet reshuffling, however they have not officially made a claim for official elections as of today.

The new Incoming Prime Minister has announced several things through his press office, one of which is he is going to defund the National Chamber Choir Following reports that the choir has increased in pushing very progressive agenda. He will also lay off many bureaucrats in the Dolgavan Energy Bureau. He will also be cutting the cost of state subsidized healthcare, something that many proponents of smaller government have been calling for, for several years. In a pre-emptive victory speech to his supporters he said

It is clear that Dolgava is headed towards a new future, one where we take responsibility for how large the government is, and how much it controls out everyday lives. My faction has for years made it clear that Dolgava needs to change, this out of control government spending needs to stop, we need to go back to our roots and stop funding organizations that support leftist agendas. Tonight the Conservative Party is going back to what we are good at and that is solid right wing principals that work and that can get our county on a new pathway forward. I am so glad to see that so many years of arguing for change on the backbenches has paid off not only for me, and my faction but for the entirety of Dolgava as a whole. It is clear the people want change, we want change from stale same old same old. It is time for change and I am here to deliver it.

Polls are showing approval for the new Prime Minister mixed with many Dolgavans supporting Kramer until the end. Aikums especially voted in consistency for the Prime Minister throughout her tenure and 18-20 Aikums, Reichstag members voted to retain the Prime Minister. It is clear that he will need to unite the Right Wing elements and gain the support of the moderates as well. The road is tough ahead but the Prime Minister to be is ready.

In Other News:
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby Martinulus » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:00 pm

Defiant Lapsberg leads choral protest against "vindictive cuts"
20th July 5217

(OOC note: I retconned the name and ethnicity of the party leader because a Valgrivan is more interesting)

Together Dolgava's Juhan Lapsberg, in Valgrivan national dress, conducted a choral protest against the government's cultural cuts

Aikums - Outraged by the government's plans to cut the budget of the National Chamber Choir and other cultural institutions engaged in what it considers to be an overly progressive promotion of Dolgava's minority cultures, supporters of the Patriottic Union "Together Dolgava" and various allies gathered at the Dolgavan Song Festival grounds in the capital of Aikums to protest the decision. The National Chamber Choir's chief conductor, Valgrivan wunderkind Juhan Lapsberg (30), also the leader of the nascent centrist party which has risen to advocate for the rights of Dolgava's oft-overlooked minority communities, convoked the meeting after the new Prime Minister chose to go full collision course with the new political force by defunding his choir in what he termed "vindictive cuts designed to stifle the cultural expression of our country, and by that I mean all of us." The conductor told reporters that he wasn't particularly keen on entering politics, but that "... the government's actions have shown precisely why a new national narrative now stirs to seek expression, and that [he] felt he had to contribute to that."

After conducting the Dolgavan national hymn Gaismas Pils (emphasising the movement's commitment to ethnic diversity with the choice for a quintessentially ethnic Dolgavan hymn) to raucous reception, Lapsberg addressed the crowd to reiterate that the Together Dolgava movement and the Choral Festivals stand for peaceful, cooperative expression of ethnic diversity. "Listen, brothers and sisters! Listen, and you'll hear many voices. Many voices, many mother tongues, but together we are Dolgava. One nation of many voices. So let us raise our voices and address our new Prime Minister together and ask: Mr. Vorbeck, what are you afraid of? What is there to fear from music, from our culture as Dolgavans? These are not just mere songs; they are nothing less than the breath of a nation, yearning to rise up to the heavens, to the heavens where our highest ideals and dearest dreams come true."

"Anyone looking to conserve our nation should conserve our culture and songs!" Lapsberg continued in a jab at the Conservative Party. "So let us demand right now the cancellation of these cuts to the National Choir, but let us demand even more: let us demand the empowerment of all those Dolgavan voices, not just in song but in stake in our nation, our common destiny." Coming to the end of his remarks, he added combatively: "With the Conservative Party or without it!" As the applause died down, Lapsberg led the assembled crowd in a Valgrivan patriottic song, ending with the national anthem.

Analysis - Does Lapsberg's challenge herald the end of Conservative dominance?
The growing momentum of the Together Dolgava movement, though it is still geting itself organised, was illustrated unwittingly by one of the first actions of the new Prime Minister: defunding the institution headed by his emerging centrist rival, conductor Juhan Lapsberg, for pushing "a very progressive agenda". Analysts have suggested that Vorbeck might well have shot himself in the foot: among most of Dolgava's native ethnic communities, especially the Valgrivans and the ethnic Dolgavans themselves, singing is a big part of national identity. To go after a cultural leader like Lapsberg, even if he did stir the pot in politics, in this way is unprecedented and might provoke a stronger backlash than expected at the polls. All the same, Together Dolgava has not yet organised sufficiently and while it is easy to rally people behind a broad-strokes vision of a more multicultural Dolgava like Lapsberg has done, concrete policies are still being developed. If the conductor, not a natural politician, does not front a serious policy narrative soon, the momentum might still come to nothing. But the fact remains that Conservatives seem very worried by the new Hosian Democratic challengers - and that, after their long rule, is saying something.
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:48 am

Conservatives and Martin Vorbeck Declare Victory in Highly Contested Race

The Prime Minister as the results became in his favor and victory was in sight.

Aikums, Dolgava
November 12th 5220

It was a election for the ages, for the first time in a long while, the Conservatives were contested in elections and with polls being variable and inconsistent nobody really knew what was going to happen come November, however last night the election took place. As the two campaigns winded to an end lets take a look at what shaped these results tonight.

Building up to this monumental race two leaders are going at it for a chance at an election victory. For the Conservatives the Party has been in turmoil and floundering for months. With the ousting of Sofia Krämer being the catalyst to this. Krämer was one of the most moderate PM's in the parties long history pushing things like Green Energy, government influence in healthcare, increased spending and welfare and other things. She was widely popular with the right as well, being seen as the PM the crushed terrorism and stood tall to the threats of Trigunian aggression. Her popularity had not waned at all until the extreme right wing of her party started getting restless. Lead by Martin Vorbeck she was seen as too moderate for the Conservatives and with increased supermajorities becoming commonplace, it seemed like it was a simple shoe in for his policies of private ownership of more of government and less taxes. However his ousting of a popular Prime Minister with the public especially the youth hurt his chances out the gate.

At the same time a minor party known as Together Dolgava was formed from several liberal and vocal minority groups. A simple cut to the Dolgavan National Choir lead to mass protests on the day after Vorbeck took office. The grassroots movement is lead by Dolgavan musician turned politician Juhan Lapsberg, a polarizing figure who calls himself an "advocate" for overlooked minority groups in Dolgava. It is no secret that there are several minority groups that are poorer than the traditional Hulstrian-Dolgavan elite in the country, in fact the Conservatives have had back to back Prime Ministers of Hulstrian heritage with the last ethnic Dolgavan Prime Minister (the largest ethnic group in the country we would like to add) being Rudolfs Bergmanis. This movement has especially captured the ethnic Valgrivans-Dolgavans with many posters of solidarity and support sprouting up in ethnically Valgrivan regions across the country. Lapsberg has been very vocal in his opposition to the new Prime Minister calling for him to resign and to include ethnic minorities into government representation and society.

The Prime Minister seemingly doubled down, to the delight of the core conservative base making a now infamous speech saying

These people are making it seem like Dolgava is some kind of third world dictatorship. It is clear they are spinning deceit and falsehoods with every passing day. The Conservatives stand for a United Dolgava, there is nothing "together" about Together Dolgava, who would rather divide us than make us stronger.

However a mere week before the election the Prime Minister softened his rhetoric especially as loyal moderates and former allies of Sofia Krämer started calling for the Prime Minister to stop agitating the other party one member of the Reichstag put it like this

We never had this problem under Sofia Krämer to put it bluntly, if we lose this coming election the fault is on the Vorbeck and Vorbeck alone. I hope he is able to pull this election out of his ass because he will be facing a leadership challenge if we lose this winnable race!

The results came in quickly, the first results showed a strong support for Together Dolgava, especially in Aikums, the Aikums mayoral race quickly flipped to the new party with the mayor admitting defeat in what he called a "disastrous results". The next two provinces to report was Karzon, a polarity of Karzonians (which include a subsection of those who want autonomy however this group has been all but extinct since the July 10th attacks), voted for Together Dolgava as well with nearly 55% of the voters voting against the conservatives. At this point rumors starting circulating pointing to a TD sweep of the nation however as pundits predicted, the heavily conservative rural and northern districts delivered. The Conservatives won the remaining three districts, Lirath, Quagotu and Taldona with the province of Quagotu being especially Conservative heavy voting by a margin of 60-40. In the end the Conservatives hold a narrow majority of 54 seats with Together Dolgava winning 46. This result is far from what the Conservatives wanted. Polls showed that in the province of Quagotu a usual safe seat for Conservatives that the heavy votes from the Valgrivan voters made this seat not only competitive but in play throughout the night.

Together Dolgava Supporters in Noversk waiting for results to come in, the mining, working class second and largest city voted 51-49 in support of the Conservatives, the closest seen in many years

Despite this the Prime Minister was greeted with his wife in a packed celebratory hall in Aikums, Ironic because the city voted nearly 64% against his party. He took the stage basking in the spotlight and said

Ladies and Gentlemen, Dolgavans together we have achieved a strong majority! (applause), together we have achieved a victory against radicalism, against the left and against a party that wishes to divide our country. Tonight Dolgavans said "No" and came out in force to make sure that our government continues to govern. Patriots, we now have a mandate from the people, they have said no to federalism and yes to a strong Conservative Majority! We saw people across the country make their voices heard and heard they did! (applause) Friends today we have a mandate, tomorrow it is the opportunity to shape our country so that it is stronger, our identity is protected and our culture is energized. Soon I will be planning to pass a new Constitution that will look to make Dolgava a unified nation where all groups are incorporated and where it doesn't matter your ethnic background because in the end we are all Dolgavan! This victory tonight is truly a historic occasion for Dolgavans across the country who rejected the woke left and embraced a future that we will all prosper in!

He would go on to pick and choose election results not saying anything about the capital or the narrow win in Noversk a city which has long been a Conservative leaning city where the Conservative mayor won by only a couple hundred votes. He praised the quick election results and called for increased unity during this time. However the celebration did not last long. Moderate Conservatives many of whom were defeated in several districts went to social media calling for Vorbeck to change his approach, several moderates who were defeated and the replacement for the former PM Sofia Krämer who's seat is in the Aikums suburbs called for Vorbeck to flat out resign with many wanting the old Prime Minister to return. The road ahead for the Conservatives is rocky that is for sure.

For Together Dolgava, they also celebrated, their results were better than many polls indicated and they won a large percentage of the Dolgavan vote. For them they should be feeling good tonight as they crawl into bed, the snowdrifts dancing across the entire country, they gave the Conservatives a scare and by many estimates the surge in their support is nearly in the beginning phases

In Other News:
- A sorority at Aikums University went to a polling booth topless in near below freezing temperatures in a now viral social media video. The girls did it as "an expression of democracy"!
- The Conservative mayor of Aikums took to social media to blast the PM calling him a "captain looking to wreck his ship"
- Bee farming is becoming more and more commonplace find out why click this link
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:21 am

Dolgavan Crown Prince Alexios Seen with Rildanorian Socialite Michelle Pernet in Kalopia

The crown Prince and Michelle Pernet walking on a Kalopian beach

Helios, Kalopia
November 24th 5220

The crown prince has been spotted in Kalopia having some time off with his family and friends when he was seen interacting and spending considerable time with Rildanorian Socialite Michelle Pernet. Pernet who's father is an exiled Rildanorian businessman after the country became a Communist state is renown as being a banker in the Kanjorian Banking industry. Royal reporters have speculated that the Prince has been in a relationship with someone for some time however the identity of this person has been kept under wraps by Royal Palace for privacy reasons. However it is clear that the 24 year old prince is spending considerable time with the 25 year old Pernet with photographs of them spending hours on a private Kalopian beach being circulated online.

The Royal Family during takes a trip abroad every year for a week or two to a warmer climate because of the harsh winters in Dolgava and the summerlike weather in the southern hemisphere. For now no official royal palace confirmation has been sent out and things like this for the privacy of the prince and his family are better left for them to announce when they are ready. The Prince has finished schooling and has been taking diplomatic mission across the globe even spending some time in places like Dorvik and Tropica to speak at several functions including charity. We will keep you updated if or when things devolop.

In Other News:
- Prime Minister and his government pass budget however initial estimates of substantial budget cuts have been offset by the new opposition party
- Our ranking of the top 20 most popular beers in Dolgava can be found here number 5 will be a true shocker!
- Polls showing 50-50 support in the Conservative Party for Sofia Krämer to return.
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:00 am

Dolgava to Ban Pornography Following Bill Pushed by Prime Minister
Prime Minister smoking a Cigar in publicity photo

Aikums, Dolgava
November 11th 5221

In a heated debate that lasted nearly a week, the Reichstag has passed a bill outlawing pornography across the country. This comes as the Right-Wing Nationalist faction of the
Conservative party put pressure on the party and indeed the entire legislature to pass the bill. The bill has garnered some support across the many religious branches of Dolgava with the Patriach of Dolgava saying that this move will "cleanse the Dolgavan public". However several groups inside the country and several former Conservative MP's ousted in last election called the decision "an attack of Free Speech". With several increasing calls for the Prime Minister to be gotten rid of and replaced by another Prime Minister in the party.

Across he nation several large pornographic studios have shut down and others are simply filing for bankruptcy. The Dolgavan Porn industry was small but a thriving sector according to insiders in the industry. However with one fell swoop they were shut down under the threat of their owners and operators being imprisoned. A free speech protest took place in Aikums however many avoided these protests due to the controversial subject matter.

The mood amongst Dolgavans is mixed with Conservative voters approving of the steps taken by the government while moderate and opposition voters have come out largely against it. One Dolgavan wrote a short letter to the Press Presse Network saying "It is not he subject matter that I have a problem with, it is the fact that they are taking away some people's rights to view and see things and to express themselves. For now the government has moved on to other things like completing the large Luthorian port that is estimated to be 45% finished. Polls are showing the lead for the Conservatives to be steady from election day a earlier this year so no one really knows what to expect until things become clearer to election day.

In Other News:
- Dolgavan church attendance in Aikums at record highs new study shows
- Dolgavan Crown Prince expected to propose to Michelle Pernet according to royal watcher
- One man is on a quest to save a endangered species of butterfly in Dolgava read here
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

PreviousNext

Return to National News