Dolgava

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Dolgava

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:38 am

Prime Minister Ursula Soosaar Resigns Following Stroke - Foreign Minister Veronika Witting Appointed to Become PM

The Prime Minister of Dolgava Ursula Soosaar has Resigned

November 2nd 5436

The Office of the Prime Minister announced today that Ms. Ursula Soosaar will be resigning her position as Prime Minister in the coming hours after suffering a stroke at the age of 63. Soosaar who was looking to retire in the coming years has had her timeline cut short as she was rushed to the hospital yesterday after collapsing in the Prime Minister's Residence. Today she waved to crowds exiting the hospital in a wheelchair before exiting to the Prime Minister's office. Later only a few minutes ago the announcement that Soosaar was resigning hit the airwaves with a written message sent out by the Prime Minister addressing the nation. An portion of the letter is below.

You never know when you run out of time. For many time is taken for granted. Nobody wants to think about stopping what they love to do, nobody wants to consider something like retirement but today reality struck me and brought me back to reality. As much as I love this job and I love serving the people of this country, I cannot continue in this roll. This stroke which I am extremely lucky to have weathered, has shown me that it is time for my career as a politician to close. I would like to thank everyone who worked with me during my career. I would like to thank those who supported and voted for me, and I would like to thank my wonderful family, especially my brothers and sisters, who have stood by me through the thick and thin of this job. As is my role as Prime Minister, I can appoint my chosen successor and I choose Veronika Witting to take my place in this stead. She has proven to be a faithful and capable public servant, someone who truly cares about this country.

She would continue saying telling a little bit about her life as PM and describing interactions as well as career defining moments. As for public appearances Sooaar is still recovering from her stroke but she made clear she would speak to the Dolgavan people as soon as she is comfortable doing so.

Veronika Witting the next Prime Minister of Dolgava

As for Soosaar's replacement it is the young but powerful Veronika Witting. Witting who comes from an influential business family in Aikums is married to the brother of the Count of Aikums, Leopold and they both own a thriving boutique business in the city. She has served as Foreign Minister for a number of years and is one of the most capable stateswomen of Dolgava. She has been intricately connected to Dolgava's foreign policy as of late and has pushed for closer relations with Luthori and a furthering of relations with Beiteynu which many are seeing as an aggressor in Majatra. Witting is considered to be very conservative fiscally while being a more moderate politician when it comes to social issues, which puts her in a good spot in Dolgavan politics and her party as a whole. Witting will have massive shoes to fill as Soosaar is one of the most influential figures in Dolgava's most recent history, being the one who ushered in the empire once again, but it is clear that Witting is ready and willing to lead this country through any new challenges we may face.

The Following is an Ad

Soosaar's legacy will forever be shaped by the reformation of the Dolgavan Empire, an event not only seen as a celebration of Dolgava but as a symbol and proof of Dolgava's expanding influence. She has steered Dolgava for 16 years on a ever increasingly upward trajectory. It is no secret that Dolgava's economy is growing and one of the most powerful in Terra, with it easily being the largest in Keris.

As we enter a new Government, Dolgava looks to the future and for Ursula Soosaar a well deserved retirement is something she can look forward to.

The Dolgava Freie Presse is an Independent Newspaper Which Covers All Stories Related to Dolgava
Last edited by alaskancrabpuffs21 on Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:43 pm

February 3rd 5439

Dolgava along with the rest of Terra has read and seen the latest news from Beiteynu which alleges that Beiteynu is developing and possesses ICBM's. Despite national security experts across the globe assuring people that Beiteynu does not possess nukes to put on those warheads, it goes to show a growing fear across Terra that Beiteynu is attempting to become the next great adversary of this century. The reactions have been widespread, with even Lourenne a staunch supporter of Yishelem questioning this leak. The question was inevitably asked to the Dolgavan Prime Minister Veronika Witting who was making a normally scheduled press conference. Her statement was short but extremely clear.

The news out of Beiteynu is disturbing and goes to show the growing power hungry nature of that country. We have seen them spread their toxic influence across the globe, cause chaos in Dovani, Majatra, Artania and elsewhere. Now they are simply putting the world on alert and on notice, that they look to have the capability of raining warheads down on anyone they so choose. ICBM's are not defensive weapons they are meant for striking nations far away. My Government sees the development of ICBM's as a threat to the Dolgavan Empire as these weapons are meant for countries far away from Majatra. This along with the track record of the Beiteynu state, shows that they will be developing nuclear weapons and attempting to create a global hegemony.

Dolgava will not be taking any further action at this time but if any testing or any incidents occur, the Dolgavan Ambassador has been given a directive to leave the country in protest. This message has been clear from Dolgava that it will simply not put up with Beiteynu's attempt to create global disorder and chaos, something that they seemingly have been excelling as of late. As for the Dolgavan Prime Minister, she has been shown to take a hard stance against Beiteynu.

The Dolgavan Broadcasting Company is funded in whole by the Dolgavan government
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:15 am

The Empress is Dead - Long Live the Emperor!

The Next Emperor of Dolgava - Gustav

April 3rd 5441

The Royal Palace today has announced the mournful and deeply saddening death of her majesty the Empress of Dolgava Helvig. The Empress died in her sleep at the age of 65 years old. The Empress led a distinguished and noble life, devoting her time to her country and those whom she cared most about. The Empress is also known for her many public appearances, her down to earth personality and her humble attitude towards life and her position as Queen and later Empress of Dolgava. The impact she had not only on Dolgava but on Keris as a whole cannot be understated. She was instrumental in helping Dolgava emerge is a power in the region and to help further Dolgavan foreign policy by spreading good relations with Kizenia, Luthori, Trigunia, Lodamun and many more nations. Her commitment to bridging divides through diplomacy will be one of the many things she will be remembered dearly for.

The Empress also spent lots of time in nature. She enjoyed skiing, hiking, riding horses and just soaking up fresh air. Many people close to her will say she felt more at home in the forest or on one of the many estate grounds of the Royal Family than she did inside the Royal Palace, a testament to her purity in ruling of the country.

Helvig will always be remembered as the first Empress in the new Dolgavan Empire. Many people call her by her unofficial name "Empress of Two Crowns", a title that reflects her crown as Queen and as Empress.

Helvig is replaced by her 38 year old son, Gustav. Gustav has spent his career and life inside of the Royal Dolgavan Navy as a Captain inside of the 1st Dolgavan Fleet stationed out of Dolgavaoplis The Royal Palace has confirmed that the Emperor has resigned his duties as Captain so he can take the full responsibility of Emperor. The Emperor is known for being a very devout Hosian who married his childhood sweetheart and has yet to have children. He has been a servant to the protection of Dolgava since the age of 18 so nearly 20 years inside of the Dolgavan Navy. For the first time in centuries the reigning monarch of Dolgava is a distinguished military officer, someone who is respected and renown across the Dolgavan Navy. He will bring an outside perspective into the Dolgavan Monarchy and be a steady hand on the Ship that is the Dolgavan State. We wish God's Blessings on his new journey.

The Empress is Dead God Bless her Soul, and Long Live the Emperor!

The Dolgava Freie Presse is an Independent Newspaper Which Covers All Stories Related to Dolgava
Last edited by alaskancrabpuffs21 on Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:03 pm

May 8th 5443

It is no secret that Dolgava and Beiteynu have had a shaky past but with the new Witting Government, it is clear that Dolgava will be taking a new turn in relations with Beiteynu and their allies. However today a shocking revelation was leaked to the Dolgavan Press saying that the Dolgavan Government internally will start having cold relations with Beitenyu over what the Government sees as "a brewing problem" in Majatra. Recent discourse from Deltaria, along with recent reports of ICBM development has caused the Government to become extremely concerned with Beiteynu's behavior. The memo calls for Dolgavan officials to give the cold shoulder to Beiteynu and the MSCO as a whole in favor of having less encounters and engagement with them in favor of keeping close ties to Artania, Deltaria and Luthori.

Dolgava is at a crossroads between a growing rift between Luthori and Artania and Beiteynu's block. With the recent diplomatic hiccups of Beiteynu in Hanzen, Majatra, and the Migrants Pass it seems that their days of being the dominant power in Terra are coming to an end quickly. This memo by the Dolgavan Government is acknowledging, Beiteynu's baggage, their recent blunders and frankly not putting Dolgava in a situation where they might be burned by another mishap in Yishelem.

This also is another sign of a growing factional rift between Luthori and Beiteynu, something that has been taking place but has not been given much light of day by the press in either of those countries. Dolgava has been Luthori's close ally for decades at this point and sees Beiteynu aggression as a negative towards global and regional security. With Dolgava allying themselves with skeptics of Beiteynu it has firmly positioned itself to be in the camp of countries not happy with the actions of Beiteynu in recent years. The Witting Government has begun investigating the leak as this is damaging to Dolgavan foreign policy, but it is no secret that this is indeed happening, the writing was on the wall between Dolgava and Beiteynu many years ago.

As of now Dolgava will retain relations with Beiteynu but if the Government in Yishelem does something Dolgava sees as very negatively, it could spell a period of radio silence between the two countries going forward.

"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:58 am

Train Derailment near Fort Karzonpils

The Karzon Express Derailed 6 kms outside of Fort Karzonpils

We are covering a breaking story of a crash of a Passenger Train called the "Karzon Express" (Karzonas dzelzceļa ekspresis) has derailed on an overpass with an estimated 130 people on board the train. The train which runs normal routes along the Island of Karzon and especially from Fort Karzonpils to the other cities of Karzon, is normally considered one of the most safest and efficient train services in all of Dolgava.

This changed at approximately 6:23 am this morning when the morning train going into Fort Karzonpils derailed over a busy freeway overpass. Train cars came crashing onto the highway as others folded. Emergency crews were called the scene and along with good Samaritans at the scene helping the victims affected, help was almost immediate. Rescuers report seeing twisted metal, trapped bodies, numerous fires, shattered windows and much destruction. Firefighters, paramedics and brave passerby's spent nearly 2 hours retrieving people from the wreckage, with some being trapped in place for long periods of time.

Nearly 14 people are confirmed dead from this terrible tragedy, with many more in hospital. The release of names and those involved has not been released.

The Dolgavan Prime Minister Veronika Witting made a statement on the ongoing situation speaking to reporters

The ongoing situation in with the derailed train in Karzon is deeply saddening and my thoughts and prayers are with the people affected on that train. Safety is the Government's main priority in transportation and especially the way the Rail Service across Dolgava. We will make sure that we get to the bottom of what happened and ensure that Dolgava's train system is safe for passengers and staff.

Investigations are going to begin very soon to determine the cause but it is not sure how it was caused or what exactly took place for it to happen but it is clearly a great tragedy.

Last edited by alaskancrabpuffs21 on Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:48 am

The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby imperialpearl » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:34 am

imperialpearl

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:37 am

Royal Couple Expecting a Child

Emperor Gustav and his Wife the Queen Consort Anna

September 4th 5445

The Royal Family is expecting a child in the coming months. The announcement that Queen Anna was pregnant was announced by the Royal Palace. The Queen Consort made an official announcement in the form of a written letter announcing that she is indeed pregnant.

The statement was short and emphasized the Royal Couples commitment towards their official duties and their family at the same time. The statement also urged for privacy for the Emperor, the Queen and the family as they prepare themselves to become parents, these types of statements being very much common for Dolgavan Royals expecting children.

Across the Dolgavan Government politicians wished the Royal Family well including the Prime Minister Veronika Witting who made a short statement to Parliament saying

I along with the rest of the Government wish the Gustav and Anna our prayers and congratulations along with best wishes. As a mother myself I cannot imagine the kind of pressure that the Royal Family is going through. Our thoughts and prayers of the Parliament and the Nation are with you.

The potentially next Emperor or Empress of Dolgava has yet to be born and this announcement is the beginning of things to come.

Last edited by alaskancrabpuffs21 on Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:06 am

April 12th 5446

The Dolgavan Broadcasting Company is creating a site on the Island of Karzon which will be able to broadcast our daily news cycles to listeners for free over shortwave stations. The stations which will be transmitted in several different languages and will include many different regional channels that will be focused on issues and news in different continents. One of the stations will be focused on affairs in Seleya while another will be focused on news out of Artania. The transmission network will also broadcast across local common AM and FM radio stations which will be available to Dolgavan Citizens across the country.

The Dolgavan Shortwave stations will be mainly available to Dolgavans living abroad and for those who live under governments where news is false, restricted or banned. The news will be funded in whole by the Dolgavan Government but will strive to relay the news in an unbiased and accurate manner. The news will be available depending on your location on a number of shortwave bands including the Dolgavan Language Broadcast on 7321 kHz and 1045 khz, the Dorvish Language Broadcast in 7521 khz. The Luthorian Language Broadcast will be on 7881 khz. The Artania Station which will be Broadcast in Luthorian will be on 12881 khz the Artanian broadcast which will be in Dorvish and Luthorian will be on 12661 and 12551 respectively. The Makon and Kerisian Broadcast will be reverted to the Dolgavan Luthorian Broadcast.

Plans to expand transmitter sites to other regions across the globe has been discussed inside of the DBC with an emphasis on getting people quality news past censorship and media blockades. The CEO of the DBC Juliane Fellgiebel said in an recent interview that

CEO of the DBC Juliane Fellgiebel

We at the DBC are extremely proud of the product we are able to put out to people everyday. However we are seeing more and more media censorship and much fake news proliferating across the world. It is clear to us that we should extend our broadcasts to people across the world in an attempt to ensure that free, unbiased media is available to as many people as possible. It is a human right for people to have access to unbiased, true news that posts the facts and we will ensure that people get access to that.

Some activists have claimed that the new news is just "overgeneralized Dolgavan propaganda being pumped into the ears of the world". However many inside of the Government have praised the decision saying that "The DBC is taking a world leading role in ensuring that accurate news is spread" as one parliamentary member for Dolgarburg said.

The expansion and creation of the Short Wave branch of the DBC greatly expands the listening area of the DBC and will provide people in remote areas across the Northern Hemisphere access to quality news.

"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:37 am

Dolgavan National Hockey League and Dolgavan Women's Hockey League see spike in Ratings and Viewership

The 'Aikums Alnis' the most successful Hockey team in Dolgava is going through a title defense after winning last years Dolgavan Hockey Championship

May 10th 5446

The DHL and WDHL are the two most popular sports leagues in Dolgava by far. The WDHL and DHL have 30 and 32 teams respectively across the country from Aikums to Voltnostra and everything in between. Last year the most winningest team in Dolgava the Aikums Alnis (this is Moose in Dolgavan) won their 33rd Dolgavan Hockey Championship with a viewership across the country being close to 12.3 million people across the country watching the event. The championship series is an event, an extended Holiday in the country. The Women Hockey League is also extremely popular with last years winners being the Fort Karzonpis Womens Hockey Club also known as the "Karzons" who had not won or been in a championship for 89 years. In recent years the Karzons have been led by probably one of the greatest female hockey players ever Forward Natālija Leite. The Karzon curse officially broke with celebrations in the streets of Fort Karzonpils in a now famous Game 7. The Womens Hockey League Championship is not as popular but still is easily the second largest sporting event in terms of viewership in Dolgava with 7.6 million people watching. The number ballooned on Game 7 of last years series where a record 16 million people tuned in to watch the Karzonpils regain their championship.

Forward for the Karzon Womens Hockey Club Natālija Leite won MVP last year and is on track to be the greatest Female Hockey player in Dolgavan History

This season we have seen records broken in both the DHL and the WDHL. Dolgarburg is on pace to win the most wins in any Dolgavan Hockey season and easily winning the Northern Division. The team is led by not one star but a whole team of stars. As for the WDHL Natālija Leite is once again putting up MVP numbers as her team is putting up a title defense against a more and more competitive conference for them.

Why is Hockey so popular in Dolgava? Why does Dolgava see it as much more popular than Terra's most popular sport Football? Well when you see the fast paced and energetic pace of the game. Modeled after Hutori's Hockey League Dolgava has goalhorns, signature songs after goals and a wild array of foods and drinks for fans to indulge. This along with it taking place during Dolgavan winter makes this some of the best and cheap entertainment in Dolgava. Unlike Football, Ice Hockey cannot end in ties and a 5 minute overtime takes place until a team scores and wins the game. This along with the fast paced nature of the game and the constant action make Hockey the most popular sport in all of Dolgava.

The popularity of Hockey seems like it will only grow as the years go by. Both the Dolgavan Hockey League and the Dolgavan Women's Hockey League are growing in popularity, viewership and gaining more prime time TV and streaming spots. For Hockey fans in Dolgava it is a good time to be a fan and as this season continues the popularity is growing more and more.

"Alaskan"
Also in Hanzen

alaskancrabpuffs21

PreviousNext

Return to National News