Dankuk

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Dranish News

Postby Alain Delors » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:49 pm

Led by former Minister Lee, Several GNP Officials Question the Monarchy
October 3279
Lee5.PNG
Former Minister Lee Jong-Kyu
Lee5.PNG (152.79 KiB) Viewed 1957 times

While the 94-year-old Queen Victoria I is preparing to hand over power to her son Nataniel I, the republican wing of the GNP, which has been severly weakened after Prime Minister Larissa LeCoultre restored the monarchy in 3250, is once more questioning the legitimacy of the monarchy. Lee Jong-Kyu, a former cabinet member and inactive GNP politician, has today held a press conference alongside other anti-monarchist GNP members to speak out in favor of a republic with a democratically elected president. "I'm not quite supportive of a system in which the taxpayers have to prop up a privileged family to enable them a live in luxury and carefreeness. Moreover, the Royal Family did nothing to encounter the falling interest in politics. The seem to lay back in their palace and ignore their job", Lee ranted. The 81-year-old former minister, who is currently running a center for the history and culture of the Kyo minority in the city of Soyolango, then demanded a referendum to decide about the sake of the monarchy. "The royals cannot stay in power forever if they are not legitimated by the people. I am also disappointed of my own party's leaders, because they don't pay attention to the fact that many GNP members - even some active MPs - want to get rid of the monarchy immediately." Lee concluded by saying that he wished to put an end to the monarchy after the tenure of the incumbent Queen, not only because he opposed the monarchy, but also because he said to consider Crown Prince Nataniel an "inadequate successor". "Nataniel has stated support for Scientology, a manipulating fraud of a religion. A Head of State should make no comments on religion", Lee ended his speech.

Alongside Lee, the press conference was attended by several prominent GNP members, such as Majority Leader Janine Trichet, former Magadonia Governor Arnold Woolridge and former Minister for Justice Kang Joo-hae. Trichet also issued a brief statement, saying that she was present "not to state my opposition to the monarchy, but to hear different opinions. I am not a dogmatic monarchist."

While Prime Minister refuses to comment, other officials calm down
After the comments of Lee and other anti-monarchist politicians, a reporter of a well-known TV channel asked Prime Minister Alina Delarosa to explain her stance on the monarchy. She refused to make a comment, calling the ongoing debate an "internal discussion" which she does not intend to interfere with. However, GNP's interim Chairwoman Marit Jensson sent out a press release in which she denied that the GNP wanted to abolish the monarchy: "The GNP's official position remains unchanged. We are neutral on the monarchy. It is only natural for a large party to include a variety of opinions."
Last edited by Alain Delors on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GRAND NATIONAL PARTY/RALLY FOR THE REPUBLIC
300 years of Dranish libertarianism
Liberty will prevail
Alain Delors

Postby leuer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:26 am

PDM react to the members of GNP
November 3279

PDM strongly rejects the views presented by GNP. Monarchy is part of our nation and our history. We gave the freedom to people and returned monarch 100 years ago. And now when GNP is weakening, look for other options to hold on to power, not afraid to threaten the overthrow of the monarchy. This is unacceptable.

PDM will always defend the monarchy and to care for its continue, because people wish it.

PDM calls for publicly distancing of words saying the party members of GNP and the resignation the Prime Minister. Alina Delarosa mishandled the situation and not to keep these internal feelings of her party in the party circles. "If you have pride, you remove the persons from offices and resign, Mrs. Delarosa.", said Laura Castaneda in Parliament during discussions about this problem.
Partido Democrático Monárquico - Kingdom of Dranland
"For freedom and democracy. For a better life for everyone. Partido Democrático Monárquico"
leuer

Postby Alain Delors » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:12 pm

GNP Calls for 'Open Debate' About Monarchy and Calls Santiago Family to Leave the Throne
April 3280
delarosa.PNG
Prime Minister Alina Delarosa
delarosa.PNG (162.47 KiB) Viewed 1917 times

Just as the heated dispute about the monarchy seems to have reached its brink, the GNP is adding fuel to the fire. Prime Minister Alina Delarosa today said in her opening speech to the Parliament that an 'open debate' about the monarchy shall take place. "We must hold a discussion if the current system is still adequate. A single family ruling for over 100 yeas without seeking democratic legitimation is inherently authoritarian. The House of Santiago is running away from the people, they fear a referendum that could end their rule", she said. Delarosa subsequently also fired back at the PDM, which called for her resignation. "Mrs. Castaneda is a lackey of the House of the Santiago, she is not representing the people, but the privileges of the royal family. Neither I nor my party are subordinated to the royals, unlike the PDM, which is not an independent political entity, but nothing more than the political arm of the Palace. And let me tell you one thing: I would never dare to demand someone's resignation because he has a different opinion of how this country should be run. You may stick to your outdated dogmas, but we want the true voice of the people to be heard."

Lee Proposes Changes to Monarchy
lee6.PNG
Lee Jong-Kyu speaking to the Parliament
lee6.PNG (69.93 KiB) Viewed 1920 times

Following Mrs. Delarosa's speech, former Minister Lee Jong-Kyu (GNP), who spearheaded the front against the current monarch, stated in a speech to the Parliament that he wants the Santiago family to leave the throne. "They do not represent the true values of Dranland. Crown Prince Nataniel has publicy spoken out in favor of Scientology, proving that he is unable to rule on behalf of all people. We do not want him to ascend the throne. We must let the people decide if they want to maintain the current system or the monarchy in general. Í do not question the monarchy in general, but I want a monarch who is representing the very core of Dranland's native Welsh and Kyo culture. The interests of those minorities have been consistently ignored by the House of Santiago. Instead, they teamed up with the Scientology demagogues", Lee criticized. "The GNP's stance is clear: We want a democratically legitimated king who incorporates the original glory and dignity of this country, and not only the interests of a few."

Indrala backs Lee
Lee's plan has recently been endorsed by officials from Indrala, including the Chairman of the Chairman of the Jien-Imperial Party, Xiao Liang, and the His Imperial Majesty the Holy Emperor of Indrala, who announced a proclamation allowing Lee and all Kyo people to travel to Indrala without restrictions, including the option of citizenship. After his speech, Lee gave a press conference in which he praised his supporters in Indrala. "The Holy Emperor and Mr. Xiao Liang care for their brothers and sisters in Dranland, unlike our monarchs, who are cowards that fear the people's will", he said.
Liberty will prevail
Alain Delors

Postby Alain Delors » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:37 pm

GNP "Strongly Dissatisfied" With Disarmament Bill
April 3281
park.PNG
Minister of Defence Park Bo-Sung (GNP)
park.PNG (102.62 KiB) Viewed 1865 times

Following the approval of the military reform bill launched by the Unity Party and backed by both the oppositional PDM and the second-strongest party, the PGR, high-ranking officials of the Grand National Party, whose MPs unanimously opposed the bill, declared their dissatisfaction with the measures it includes. After being signed into law, the bill will impose a massive disarmament on Dranland's armed forces, including a ban on nuclear weapons and land mines. It will also re-nationalize parts of the defense industry and restrict the free export of weapons, both of which the GNP has always been embracing. In the parliamentary vote, the GNP failed to reach a majority against the bill, because the ruling coalition was split along party lines.

Minister of Defence Park Bo-Sung, who is obliged to conduct the reform now, has stated his personal opposition to the measures. "As minister, I am bound to impose the reforms, because they have been approved by the legislative chamber. As a former soldier, I feel like they will severely damage our troops' ability to strike and defend our nation. I think I can speak on behalf of the whole of my party when I express my strong dissatisfaction about this. It is really regrettable that we failed to acquire a majority to vote the bill down."
Liberty will prevail
Alain Delors

Postby Alain Delors » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:05 pm

GNP Nominates Jong Won-hee for the Throne
November 3281
JenssonandJong2.PNG
GNP Chairwoman Marit Jensson and Jong Won-hee
JenssonandJong2.PNG (178.75 KiB) Viewed 1817 times

At a special party convention, the leadership of the Grand National Party has approved Jong Won-hee as the party's candidate for the upcoming referendum about the Dranish monarchy. After the meeting, GNP Chairwoman Marit Jensson gave a press conference in which she officially announced that the GNP would back Jong, who had been suggested as candidate by former Minister Lee Jong-Kyu, who launched the idea of a referendum against the currently ruling House of Santiago. Mr. Jong has been a long-serving member of the Parliament of Elbian Province, and is also an activist for the promotion and conservation of the culture and tradition of the Kyo minority. "We have decided to rally behind Mr. Jong to endorse a candidate who truly represents the core of the original and native culture of this nation", said Marit Jensson. "After over 100 years under the House of Santiago, which merely aimed to protect its privileges and own interests, the people are striving to be be governed by a competent, down-to-earth and reasonable monarch. Jong Won-Hee has all these attributes, and therefore the GNP will firmly stand by his side in this crucial election."

Mr. Jong is known as politically libertarian, which he said was one of his reasons to run on a GNP ticket. "I believe in maximum freedom in all areas of live. I embrace social freedoms and a genuinely free market. But at the same time I have strong personal values and am highly appreciate of the traditions and culture that formed the society in our nation. They are the foundation of the freedom we enjoy today. The ruling family is not representing these values, but rather bizarre views such as endorsing dubious cults. I will offer an alternative to those people who wish to restore the original identity of this great nation of Dranland. And, unlike the House of Santiago, I will not impose my views on the citizens and remain neutral on religion, regardless of the fact that I am a firm follower of Buddhism."

Jong also enjoys support of Indralan officials, such as Xiao Lang of the Jien-Imperial Party. Polls predict that he is on a good track and might be able to ascend the throne with democratic legitimation. However, the numbers also suggest that their is currently no clear frontrunner in this historical race.
Liberty will prevail
Alain Delors

Postby Alain Delors » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:54 am

As Referendum Fails, GNP Launches Second Attempt and Threatens With Early Elections
March 3282
LeCoultre9.PNG
House Speaker Larissa LeCoultre (GNP)
LeCoultre9.PNG (116.27 KiB) Viewed 1786 times

Several months before the referendum about the monarchy was set to take place, the according bill in the Parliament failed to pass, because the PGR did not vote on it, despite having agreed to back a referendum. House Speaker Larissa LeCoultre (GNP) said that this means that the referendum would probably be delayed, if not postponed to the elections in 3286. "I am dismayed that we failed to hold the referndum parallel to the elections in September. This gives the House of Santiago more time to consolidate its rule." However, the GNP strongly rejected the idea of renouncing a referendum in general. "We will not give the ruling family the opportunity to stay in power unchallengedly", said the leader of the GNP faction in ther Parliament, Janine Trichet. "We have immediately submitted a bill with the same conditions as the previous one. We are optimistic that the second attempt will work out, because we nominally have a coalition to enforce the referendum."

Prime Minister Delarosa Upset About Delay and Threatens With Early Elections
delarosa3.PNG
Prime Minister Alina Delarosa
delarosa3.PNG (212.51 KiB) Viewed 1775 times

In the meantime, Prime Minister Alina Delarosa, who was one of the strongest advocates of the referendum, was said to be furious about the defeat of the bill in the legislative chamber. Delarosa cancelled a speech in Parliament and several official appointments. Minister of Foreign Affairs Michèle Pérèz (GNP), who is said to be a confidant of the Prime Minister, met her in her residence to debate about the issue and subsequently gave a press conference to explain Mrs. Delarosa's stance on the issue. "The Prime Minister is very exasperated. This delay does only benefit the House of Santiago, whose rule will be prolongued by this incident. Moreover, Mrs. Delarosa said that the conduction of the referendum is a condition for the government to remain in power. If the second attempt fails to pass as well, the Prime Minister will propose a vote of confidence in the Parliament, which could lead to early elections. We will not accept maintaining the status quo."
Liberty will prevail
Alain Delors

Postby Alain Delors » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:13 pm

GNP Launches Campaign for Elections in September
"Let's Get The Majority Back", Says PM Delarosa
April 3282
delarosa2.PNG
Prime Minister Alina Delarosa seeks an absolute majority
delarosa2.PNG (135.22 KiB) Viewed 1755 times

With regards to the forthcomin elections to be held in September of this year, the leading party GNP today announced that its main aim this time was to take back the absolute majority it had lost in 3278. At a campaign event in Santa Sharika, Prime Minister Alina Delarosa said that it was "absolutely necessary to gain back the absolute majority to roll back the disastrous pacifist policies the other parties imposed on our armed forces. Our national security is endangered", she said in a speech to 5000 supporters. Moreover, Delarosa emphasized her opposition to a welfare state as proposed by the Unity party. "Subsidizing poverty and raising taxes is not an option for us libertarians. You don't push up the weak by pulling down the strong! In contrast, we will firmly embrace self-reliance, individualism and incentives to encourage success", said Delarosa.

GNP Chairwoman Marit Jensson subsequently talked about economic policies and once again affirmed the GNP's support for capitalism and pro-business policies. "Our nation has seen rapid growth under 35 years of GNP leadership. The foundation for this success is the free market. Some in this nation call for more regulation and government intervention, but this will limit competition, boost prices and destroy jobs. Our agenda will promote lower prices, job creation and investment, which will spread wealth and financial security", she concluded.
Liberty will prevail
Alain Delors

Postby Alain Delors » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Elections of 3282 End GNP Dominance
Heavy Losses for Right-Wing Coalition
September 3282
Jensson3.PNG
GNP Chairwoman Jensson was seemingly schocked by the results
Jensson3.PNG (133.16 KiB) Viewed 1728 times

After nearly 40 years of unchallenged rule, the opposition has ended the dominance of the libertarian Grand National Party. The ruling party suffered heavy losses and plummeted from over 48% to only 32%, a total loss of 16%. However, it is still the largest party, leading the socially conservative PDM by 7%. The PDM, led by Laura Castaneda, made significant gains and ended a long period of stagnation. The leftist Unity Party won 22%, running for the first time. The GNP's smaller coalition partner, the liberal PGR, also made severe losses and ended up at 20%, down from 33% in the last elections. The ruling coalition also lost large amounts of votes on a local level, with the GNP even losing the governorship in one Province. The PGR lost all of its governorships to the opposition. The voter turnout was very satisfying, rocketing from 40% to way above 70%.

Delarosa to remain in office
Despite the heavy losses, Prime Minister Alina Delarosa stated that she did not intend to resign. "The losses were only a result of the higher turnout. In total numbers, we even won 4 million voters", she said in a press conference after the results were announced. She also said that she wanted to appeal to the PGR to continue the right-wing coalition, which still has a majority in the Parliament. "Maintaining the GNP-PGR coalition is the only way to ensure our free market and successful fiscal policies will not be rolled back. The left will raise taxes as soon as the get into power", she said with regards to the Unity party.

Coalition suffers setback in local elections
GNP Chairwoman Marit Jensson seemed to be less confident after the results were announced. "This is, by percentages, the by far worst result we ever scored. The GNP is no longer the dominant force is this country. We may still have a plurality, but 32% are not comparable to the support we enjoyed in the decades before." Other GNP Politicians were also schokcd by the surprisingly bad result. The result in Elbian Province was especially bitter for the ruling party, because Governor Dana Hayward, one of the most prominent figures of the GNP on a local level, was utterly defeated by her PDM opponent. "I acknowledge the results, but it would be useless to try to hide my deep disappointment about this indeed disastrous result. I am not facing the only logical consequences: Immediately resigning from all political positions I currently hold", Hayward said. The GNP was more successful in Loren and Ulbrach, its traditional strongholds, were it continued to score decent results of around 50%. Governors Pedro Cervantes (Loren) and Clarice Jones (Ulbrach) won clearly in the gubernatorial races.
Liberty will prevail
Alain Delors

Postby leuer » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:51 am

PDM reacted for elections 3282
October 3282

Laura Castaneda with Marcus Perez, new Governor of Elbian

Iglesia Mayor, Dranland - PDM welcomes the election results, although still not solve the tense situation in the country. Anti-monarchist party GNP lost its power, we are glad that the voters wake up and show that the country is not in the right direction. Demagoguery and populism has to end and we need to return to the problems of our people, not ours. The desire for unlimited power has short legs. In spite of this result we are still facing difficulties that could be catastrophic. Overthrow of of the Kingdom and the establishment of the dictatorship of one party is what you people do not want. The royal family tried do not interfere in politics, what was criticized by GNP.

We improved the result by 19% and we got 64 seats. We also received the Governor seat in the province Elbian. The result we are very pleased and we thank you for every vote. But we can not celebrate, we are sad that the situation in the country is very unstable and therefore we are continuing to work further to protect our people against the dictatorship and the overthrow of the Queen.
"For freedom and democracy. For a better life for everyone. Partido Democrático Monárquico"
leuer

Postby leuer » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:42 am

Laura Castaneda spoke at the assembly of IML
February 3283

Constantly lying by the GNP, requested PDM to spoke at the assembly of the International Monarchist League (IML). The monarch is the legitimate head of the Universal Church of Terra and therefore must communicate with other churches in the interests of tolerance and coexistence. The fact that GNP is not willing to understand this is sad. We must understand that to be a free country, we must not limited anyone and we must apologize for the sins of the past and go on.

PDM requested the support for the royal family Santiago in Drania and commenting also a bad situation in the league. Reacted to the changes in the league leadership. PDM called the members to the new leadership elections.
leuer

PreviousNext

Return to National News