Kalopia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Kalopia

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:22 am

The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Luzzy » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:43 pm

"Rise from the Shadows: Anipotakti Aristera"

A new wind of change has blown through Kalopia with the rise of the Anipotakti Aristera (Unsubmissive Left), in a political landscape dominated by established forces. This newly formed left-wing party, based on the ideas of left-wing populism, radicalism, and social democracy, has rapidly gained support, indicating a positive turn towards growth and equality in the country.

Ioanna Stergiou, a 32-year-old lawyer whose exciting vision has won the hearts of many, is at the leadership of this rising political force. Ioanna, with a passion for justice and a commitment to social improvement, envisions a Kalopia that thrives both economically and socially.

Anipotakti Aristera's program reflects the ideas of left-wing populism, embracing people's voices for political change. Their commitment to radicalism emphasizes a shift from traditional norms, creating an environment where progressive ideas take the lead. Central to the party's agenda is the promotion of social democracy, aimed at achieving a balance between economic growth and social justice. Anipotakti Aristera seeks to dissolve barriers preventing equal opportunities and create policies that promote diversity. With a focus on economic and social reform, Anipotakti Aristera is ready to address the major problems in Kalopia. Their vision includes sustainable development, education reform, and healthcare accessibility, all aimed at improving the nation and ensuring a fair and just society.

Luzzy

Postby Aethan » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:21 pm

The Prince is dead, long live the Prince!
Alexios I, Prince of Kalopia, has passed away today at the age of 98, leading the country until his very end; his first son and heir, Achilleas, ascends immediately to the position of new Prince of Kalopia

At-the-time heir of Alexios I, Achilleas Maragopoulos-Ypirétis, leaving hospital with his wife after visiting his father.

After a few months of illness, Prince Alexios I of Kalopia has passed away today at the age of 98, following respiratory complications. Surrounded by his five children including his heir, Achilleas; his wife Princess Helena Stavriade, and some of his grandchildren, the first Prince of Kalopia has exhaled his last breath.

The news were broken a few minutes ago, with Prince Achilleas I appearing before national television to communicate the information, visibly affected. He will now immediately take on the duties of his late father, who already delegated many of his duties on his son during the last decade, preparing him for this day.

The funeral will be held next week, with many foreign dignataries expected, as Alexios I had already cultivated a good relationship with many other foreign royal houses, mainly in Majatra but also overseas.

"My father was an exemplary man during his whole life. He dedicated himself to this position, to represent the best of Kalopians and to upheld his role to the most excellence. It will be hard to follow his path, but I will try to do my best, and I hope to earn the trust of all Kalopians along the way".
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Luzzy » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:48 pm

Anipotakti Aristera Leader Ioanna Stergiou Expresses Condolences to the Royal Family of Kalopia

Anipotakti Aristera's leader, Ioanna Stergiou, sent her condolences to the grieving family of the late Prince Alexios I of Kalopia in an emotional and serious gesture. Though Stergiou has only recently entered Kalopia's political scene, she is grieved to learn of the prince's loss. Stergiou expressed her condolences and respect for the Royal family during this difficult time in a statement made earlier today. She acknowledged the nation's terrible loss and highlighted the significance of honoring Prince Alexios's legacy.

"Although I am new to the political scene of Kalopia, my heart goes out to the people of this glorious country and the Royal family." The contributions of Prince Alexios I to Kalopia will be remembered, and his death will be mourned deeply. May his soul rest in peace."

Furthermore, Stergiou expressed her best wishes to Achilleas, the new Prince of Kalopia. Recognizing the obstacles that come with taking on such a position, she expressed hope for a successful future under his reign.

As Kalopia mourns the loss of a beloved leader, I'd like to express heartfelt congratulations and best wishes to Prince Achilleas. May your rule be marked by knowledge, compassion, and progress. Long live the Prince and the people of Kalopia,"

Luzzy

Postby Aethan » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:06 pm

Funeral of Alexios I
Overcrowded streets to say the last goodbye to the first Prince of the Kalopian nation

Today, the funeral of Prince Alexios I of Kalopia was held. As his last will, it was performed as a civil ceremony instead of a religious one, since Prince Alexios wanted to keep the well-known Kalopian neutrality and religious independency until the very end. Thousands of people were in the streets as the Victory Swuare, the place were the ceremony took place, was fullly crowded with people that wanted to say a last goodbye to their first Prince. The four Archons that shared the role of Head of State with Prince Alexios - Alexandros Stimulas (5376-5378), Petros Xrysanthopoulos (5378-5386), Medea Zanniadi (5386-5404) and Herakles Stamidis (5404-) - were also present at the funeral, where each of them shared a few words about how it was working along him. "Passionate", "cold-minded", "wise" and "trustworthy" were among the most-repeated words used to describe him, rare common background to be found among people from different political sensibilities. The leaders of the two main Kalopian parties - Prime Minister Despina Kostas from Worthy Homeland and Anipotakti Aristera leader Ioanna Stergiou - were included among the main invitees, but declined to say some words out of respect for the family and to maintain political neutrality of the role of Head of State.

Prince Alexios I became the first Prince of Kalopia in September 5364, following a Constitutional referendum that changed the Head of State in Kalopia and stablished the bicephaly with the elected position of Archon and the hereditary position of Prince. Alexios I was chosen in a popular referendum among 5 main candidates. During his more than 50 years of reign, Prince Alexios - whose main role according to the Kalopian Constitution is representation in foreign soil of the Kalopian nation - managed to achieve a great amount of deals with different nations, mainly in Majatra but also abroad.

A number of foreign dignataries were also present at the ceremony, to pay their respect to the deceased Prince, including mandataries from different monarchies around the world.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:35 am

Kalopian Dawn
Your source of fresh Kalopian news

May 5419

BREAKING New PM announces referendum on MSCO
Kanakou government will organize a referendum on the issue of joining the Majatran organization and end a long-term controversy

Calliope Kanakou during her first speech to the nation

The proclamation of Achilleas I as new Prince of Kalopia has brought also new fresh air to Kalopian politics. Prior to the 5419 elections, both Archon Herakles Stamidis and Prime Minister Despina Kostas announced their intention to step aside and not contest the elections, triggering a renovation in Worthy Homeland leadership.

The party committee elected former governor of Oroseirá Persephone Vasiliea as new candidate for the position of Archon of Kalopia and former governor of Thalassa Calliope Kanakou as candidate for the premiership. Both women, well-trained in Kalopian politics, managed to maintain huge support for Worthy Homeland in the 5419 elections, being both elected for their positions - Mrs. Vasiliea with 94.8% of the popular vote and Mrs. Kanakou securing 277 of the 300 seats in the national parliament.

This whole renovation at the top level of Kalopian politics has also brought a new direction in the government's line of action. During her first speech as Prime Minister, Mrs. Kanakou has announced that her government will start to write a proposal to celebrate a referendum on joining the Majatran Security Cooperation Organization, a long-term issue within Kalopian politics.

Southeast Majatra - which includes Istalia, Solentia, Kafuristan and Kalopia - is the Majatran region most reluctant to join the organization, with Istalia being its sole member of this region. Kalopia has been asked to join multiple times, but rejected to do so. Now, Prime Minister Kanakou wants to give a "popular legitimacy" to this stance, and seeks to get popular support for this position. Mrs. Kanakou is a staunch supporter of Kalopian neutrality

"For decades, the MSCO has become a big agent when dealing with international politics, in particular with Majatran politics. Kalopia has been asked from time to time to join it, in order to contribute to its further development. However, as you all know, our nation has followed a strict policy of neutrality when it comes to many issues, always respecting human rights. It has been the policy of my predecessor, and his predecessor, and so on, and we all believe it is the best for our great nation. However, Worthy Homeland has always defended a more participatory democracy, and we believe this is an issue that our citizens deserve to have a voice about. For this reason, I'm proposing to the Council of Ministers the creation of a bill to establish a referendum on whether Kalopia shall join the MSCO. The result, of course, will be binding, and the government will campaign for the NO option. However, as we believe it is in the best interest of our citizens to choose the best option, we ask all Kalopian citizens to inform themselves about the pros and cons of this decision, that can have impactful consequences on our great nation".
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:05 am

Kalopian Dawn

March 5424

Worthy Homeland loses elections
Ousted from Archonship and probably premiership for the first time since 5386, Kanakou resigns; some attribute this to MSCO referendum

Prime Minister Calliope Kanakou (left) with some members of the national executive of Worthy Homeland following the election results

Tonight was a sad night in the headquarters of Worthy Homeland following the 5424 elections, which saw the party that has dominated Kalopian politics fall to the second place for the first time in this century, and also failing to retain the position of Archon in the figure of Persephone Vasiliea.

The total renovation of the Worthy Homeland candidates seems to have not sit well with Kalopian population, which have ousted the Archon from her position after just 4 years in the role, following the decision of former Archon and Prime Minister Herakles Stamidis not to continue in the position. Kalliope Kanakou, on the other side, has received a harsher blow since she has not been able to win in the province that she used to govern, Thalassa, falling instead to the 3rd place and achieving only 26% of the popular vote there. The still current Prime Minister has only won in the province of Elaiona, with an absolute majority, but this was not enough to prevent the bad results in the rest of Kalopian regions, where in all but Elaiona and Oroseirá Worthy Homeland has only reached 3rd place.

A visibly affected Kanakou appeared before the media following the election results and announced that she could not, "in good faith", continue in her role as general secretary of Worthy Homeland.

"Following the outcome of the 5424 Kalopian elections, I believe it is clear what the citizens have decided. I cannot, in good faith, continue commanding Worthy Homeland during this next cycle, since I believe my leadership is severely damaged. I think it is time for others to take my place. When you are a sitting Prime Minister and you lose an election, you shall know what you have to do. And I know now it's my time to step aside and let a new leader in this party. I still want to thank everybody for their support, for those who decided to vote for me and Worthy Homeland, and all Kalopian citizens for the exemplary behaviour that, as always, takes place when we have new elections. I also want to congratulate the winner of the elections, Unsubmissive Left, for their complete victory in this elections with more than 46% of the popular vote, as well as for winning the position of Archon for Mrs. Ioanna Stergiou"

These election results mean that, for the first time since 5386, Worthy Homeland has been ousted from the role of Archon of Kalopia, and the first time since 5386 as well that Worthy Homeland will be, probably, ousted from the role of Prime Minister of the nation, since Mrs. Kanakou has made clear that she will not attempt to form a coalition government with the other minor parties in parliament, Enosi Kentrou and Proodeftiki Enosi, to prevent Unsubmissive Left from gaining power.

"When you have such clear results, I think there is no sense in attempting to overrule them. Unsubmissive Left has won almost 50% of the vote, and they will be able to negotiate for sure with the other parties to try to oust us from government. That is how democracy works, and Worthy Homeland won't attempt to destroy our democracy in any way. We believe it is our time to go to the opposition in this country, but I tell this to all the people that have placed their trust in us: we will not disappoint you. We will still fight hard for everyone in this nation, in this worthy homeland."

Some experts believe that Worthy Homeland results may be attributed, at least partly, to the MSCO referendum, which saw almost 70% of Kalopian voters rejecting it, although others believe this does not make sense since Worthy Homeland precisely defended the winning option, the decision NOT to join the MSCO.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Luzzy » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:21 pm

Anipotakti Aristera Triumphs in Kalopian Elections, Forms Coalition Government

The left-wing party in Kalopia, Anipotakti Aristera, has achieved a historic victory in the most recent elections, winning a remarkable 140 out of 300 seats in Ekklesia, with Ioanna Stergiou taking over as Archon and guiding the country into a new era. The reason behind Anipotakti Aristera's triumph is a strong campaign that connected with voters of all stripes. The party was able to secure a resounding electoral victory because of the public's resonance with its progressive stance on social issues, economic equality, and environmental policies. The newly elected Archon Ioanna Stergiou, who served as the face of Anipotakti Aristera's campaign, gave a victory speech to the nation that was full of optimism and a dedication to radical change. She defined the party's vision for a more inclusive and equitable Kalopia, highlighting the importance of working together to address current issues.

Recognizing the value of unity in addressing national issues, Stergiou made the unexpected proposal to form a coalition government with Proodeftiki Enosi. The proposed coalition government seeks to bring together varied ideas and experience in order to handle Kalopia's many issues. Stergiou emphasized the importance of taking joint steps to address economic problems, social justice challenges, and environmental sustainability.

Luzzy

Postby Aethan » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:10 am

Kalopian Dawn

January 5425

Worthy Homeland regroups for its first opposition term in forty years
The brand new secretary general, Iason Simatos, promises an opposition "loyal to Kalopia but firm and forceful"

Now-Leader of the Opposition Iason Simatos prior the approval of the new government lead by Unsubmissive Left

By 151 votes in favor and 149 against – the limit of an absolute majority – the new coalition government led by Unsubmissive Left has been elected in the Kalopian parliament, thus ending forty years of successive Worthy Homeland governments.
The outgoing Prime Minister, Calliope Kanakou, although present in parliament as an elected representative, declined to participate in the debate, instead giving the floor to her successor at the head of the party, Iason Simatos, recently elected as the new general secretary with 61% of the votes.

Mr. Simatos, a 34-year-old mechanic and son of pastry chefs, was elected one day before the debate on the new government as the party's new general secretary. He had previously served a term as a parliamentarian in the Oroseira region, where he also held the position of employment minister in the regional government. His close acquaintances, who emphasize that he is a “very hard-working” person who began earning his first salary at the age of 16, believe that those who attack him for not having university studies do nothing more than perpetuate a classist stereotype that Politics is only for wealthy people.

During his acceptance speech for his new position in the party, Mr. Simatos stressed that it is a pride for him to lead the party in which he has been active for years, and that he trusts in being able to return to the era of absolute majorities.
In the parliamentary debate, Mr. Simatos, who from the moment of the vote became the Leader of the opposition, congratulated the new government for having achieved the necessary support to be invested, but warned that from now on Worthy Homeland will lead an opposition "loyal to Kalopia but firm and forceful", and that will control each of the steps of the new government.

“We do not expect too much from this new government, which has a mega-fragile majority with just 2 deputies difference with the opposition, but we already tell you that for matters of State, you will always be able to find in Worthy Homeland an ally to take into account. For the rest of the policies, our party's position is and will be the same as always: carry out an opposition from now on that is loyal to Kalopia but firm and forceful with this government."

Furthermore, Iason Simatos has stated that he is going to take advantage of his time in the opposition to open a period of reflection within the party and manage to rebuild it for the next elections, hoping to return to government soon and thus become the first head of government of Kalopia to reach this position without having completed a university degree.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:43 pm

The Whisper of Kalopia
The gossip you didn't know you needed

June 5390

wellbeing of Achilleas I in doubt, talks about abdication
Concern among the monarch's entourage, who recently celebrated his 75th birthday

Duchess of Kalopia Persephone Maragopoulos at her arrival to hospital

Aged 66 at the time of his ascension to the throne of Kalopia, Achilleas I has maintained a short reign of just 9 years so far after the death of his father, Alexios I, in 5416. With a more discreet character than his father, the current Prince of Kalopia is already showing his advanced age, and appears less and less in public. However, he has not left his duties aside, as he regularly meets with the other half of the Kalopian Head of State, the President of Kalopia. The most recent meeting, just a few months ago with the newly elected Ioanna Stergiou, whom he personally congratulated. However, in recent weeks the Prince was suffering from a series of pains that led him to be transferred to the military hospital, where he has been receiving medical attention since then. Although specific information about his illness has not been made known to the general public, it has not been until now that he has begun to receive visits from his family.

His daughter and heir, Persephone Maragopoulos, 43, appeared at the hospital this morning after having flown directly from Istalia, where she was holding a meeting with executives of pharmaceutical companies in order to obtain investments to continue developing that sector in Kalopia.

The Duchess, who has refused to speak to the media, has been in the hospital for almost 3 hours, from where she then left to fly directly to Luthori, where this afternoon she will hold another meeting with senior business executives.

Some sources close to the Prince are beginning to speculate on the possibility of Achilleas I abdicating in favor of his daughter, something that he would have personally conveyed to him today, in order not to prolong an "outdated" leadership too long.

"The Prince does not want the same thing to happen to his daughter that happened to him, that due to the longevity of his father Alexios I, he did not ascend to the throne until he was well into his 60s, with all that that entails"
say those same sources. Furthermore, the current Duchess has deep and wide networks with different nations throughout Terra and with its monarchies, thanks to hard work of representation during the last decades since she graduated in Pharmacy and Economics in Kalopia.

It is expected that, in the event that the abdication is imminent, the hospital will be attended by the newly elected Prime Minister Andreas Ioanou, who should be in charge of communicating to parliament the need to start the abdication process.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

PreviousNext

Return to National News