Kalopia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Kalopia

Postby Aethan » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:17 pm

Kalopian Dawn
Your source of fresh Kalopian news

October 5426

All hail Princess Persephone!
Kalopian parliament has accepted Prince Achilleas I abdication and Prime Minister has countersigned; Persephone becomes Persephone I of Kalopia

Princess of Kalopia Persephone I Maragopoulos-Ypirétis and his husband Tellemakos Siskallis

With a short reign of only 10 years, Prince Achilleas I becomes Prince emeritus of Kalopia after giving way to his daughter to become the new half Head of State of the Majatran nation.

The abdication Act, with the green light of Parliament and countersigned by the Kalopian Prime Minister, has allowed Prince Achilleas I, aged 76, to abdicate in favor of his oldest child, the now-Princess of Kalopia Persephone Maragopulos-Ypirétis, aged 43. Princess Persephone will therefore became the first female Prince of Kalopia, being preceded in the throne by his father and his grandfather, Prince Alexios I.

Married with Tellemakos Siskallis, an economist whom she met while finishing her university studies - the Princess holds a degree in Pharmacy and another in Economics -, they married fourteen years ago in a private ceremony and have two children, the now Duke of Kalopia and heir Kyriakos (13) and their younger child Elena (10).

While Prince Achilleas I's health has begun to slowly improve, the Prince did not want to continue holding the throne away from his daughter, since he has repeatedly claimed in private that he "did not want to let her daughter experience the same thing that he experienced while his father clinged to the Kalopian throne", in reference to Prince Alexios I, who stayed in the throne until his death when he was aged 98 and at-the-time Duke Achilleas was already 66 years old.

The new Princess of Kalopia is known for her multiple contacts around the world, both from the civil society and from the economic world, and is also known for her activism and defense of civil rights, positions she has never hidden nor denied when asked about it.

Foreign diplomats, as well as multiple personalities from Kalopia were invited to the coronation ceremony, which takes place before the Kalopian parliament, in a ceremony where the new Monarch shall proclaim their allegiance to the Kalopian Constitution. Following Persephone's proclamation, she had a brief exchange of words with his co-Head of State, President of Kalopia Ioanna Stergiou, with whom she is known to have close ties. With his proclamation, now both positions at the Head of State of Kalopia are occupied by females, a thing Princess Persephone believes "show a sign of the changing times".
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Luzzy » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:17 pm

Maria - Sofia to represent Kalopia in the Festival of Musical Arts in Terra

Maria Sofia won the Kalopian National Final for the Festival of Musical Arts in Terra with a stunning performance of willingness and art. The enchanting vocalist, whose performance fascinated the country, danced her way to victory with the hypnotic song "Το Βαλς της Mαρίας" (To Vals tis Marias/ Maria's Waltz), collecting an impressive 110 points. The Kalopian National Final, a respected event in the country's musical calendar, witnessed strong competition from great musicians across genres. Maria Sofia's stunning delivery and emotional depth of "Το Βαλς της Mαρίας" resonated with both the audience and the judges.

Maria Sofia's success marks the beginning of her quest to represent Kalopia on the famous FOMAT stage. The Festival of Musical Arts in Terra is well-known for bringing together outstanding talent from across the world, giving artists a platform to show their abilities on a global scale. Fans of Maria Sofia are eagerly awaiting her FOMAT performance, confident that she will continue to enchant audiences with her distinctive mix of musical proficiency and emotional expression. The country celebrates Maria Sofia's accomplishment and wishes her all the best as she travels to FOMAT, bringing Kalopia's aspirations and pride with her.

Luzzy

Postby Aethan » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:19 pm

Kalopian Dawn

March 5428

Opposition takes hold of Kalopian parliament
Last legislative election sees both government parties lose seats in favor of the opposition parties, coalition government reached

Leader of Worthy Homeland Iason Simatos appearing before his voters following electoral results

If the 5424 Kalopian elections allowed a coalition government between Unsubmissive Left and the Progressive Union by the minimal margin - 151 vs 149 seats - and put an end to decades of governments of Worthy Homeland, voters seem to have made their mind up, as the current government fell to just 94 seats, all of them belonging to Unsubmissive Left while the Progressive Union was left out of Parliament after receiving less than 0.1% of the popular vote. Likewise, incumbent President of Kalopia Ioanna Stergiou did not make it to the second round, where Fotis Kotzamanis, the candidate from the Union Center, defeated Persephone Vasilea, from Worthy Homeland, who once again finished in second place.

Despite this results, the regional governments stay even, with Unsubmissive Left losing only the Prefecture of Kithara in favor of the Union Center while Worthy Homeland retains the government of Elaiona, considered its main stronghold.

Following the announcement of the results, it was the Union Center who approached the leadership of Worthy Homeland with a cabinet proposal that included making Iason Simatos the Prime Minister of the nation in exchange of ministries like Foreign Affairs or Finance, among others.

"The people today gave a strong and democratic answer to the question of who will rule the country. The Center Union not only doubled its percentages, its seats and the popular vote, but much more it became the first party in the Parliament and elected the President of the Republic from it. We thank the citizens and pledge to serve them faithfully. In the next few hours we will address the rest of the parties for the formation of a coalition government."
has claimed the leadership of the Center Union in their address to the nation following the results.

While Worthy Homeland has accepted the coalition proposal, this will be the first time that the party will rule Kalopia in minority instead of their usual absolute majority, and there are some fears among their ranks that, based on previous legislative proposals, the Center Union will attempt to pass legislation affecting tax cutes or decreasing public expenditure, something Worthy Homeland is fiercely opposed.

"While we understand that some people may have some concerns regarding the proposals that this coalition government may try to implement, I can assure you one thing: I am not someone to be played with"
has clarified Mr. Simatos, set to become Prime Minister in the next few hours, replacing incumbent Andreas Ioanou. Mr. Simatos has made clear that he will not be afraid of breaking the coalition government in the Center Union attempts to repeatedly force Worth Homeland to support policies clearly not in line with the party ideology.

"We will try to work with the opposition to build as much consensus as possible" he has added. "However, we can't deny the numbers that Kalopian citizens have given us".

Worthy Homeland, which has repeatedly refused to place themselves in the "left-right spectrum", has said that this coalition government does not represent a shift in their policies.

"We will continue with our own ideology. If Unsubmissive Left had approached us with another cabinet proposal, we would have studied it as well. From our point of view, it is a matter of policies and not partners, so as long as we can pass some legislation that we believe is important, we will negotiate it with whoever wants to."
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:10 pm

Kalopian Dawn

January 5433

Persephone I to start international trip
The Princess of Kalopia hopes to attract new biotechnological investments and contributions to the Gene and Seed Vault

Princess Persephone Maragopoulos-Ypirétis appearing before the Malivian parliament

Princess of Kalopia, Persephone I, is embarking on an international trip to boost support for the Gene and Seed Vault. After contacting the governments and Heads of State of the nations still left to ratify the most successful Terran international Treaty, Her Most Excellent Princess will be travelling in person to them to develop closer relationships and, if needed, achieve other diplomatic goals.

The first step of this trip is Malivia, where Persephone I has appeared before its national parliament to address a discourse defending the need for Malivia to ratify the Treaty and to boost the relationship with Kalopia. Persephone I will also spend two days in Malivia, visiting emblematic locations and meeting businessmen from different fields such as biotechnological and industrial backgrounds, hoping to boost investments in Kalopia.

At her arrival in the capital airport in Dušanpur, Persephone I has stated she hopes to build "an enduring relationship" with the Artanian nation, and hopes to show its politicians the importance for such a ecologically diverse nation the importance to contribute to the Gene and Seed Vault.

Following the visit to Malivia, Princess Persephone will head towards Yingdala, where local authorities have expressed to "delighted to host Her Royal Highness, as well as discuss the pending ratification of the treaty among other topics". It is expected that the Princess will stay in the Yingdalan nation for a few days, where she will be able to meet with the highest authorities of the nation, as well as with His Imperial and Royal Majesty and Radiant Highness, Wu Xuanyuan, Son of Heaven, King, Sovereign, and Emperor of Yingdala, marking it the first official encounter between both Royal Houses.

"Yingdala is a good partner for our own businessness"
have stated the Princess
"they are among the most advanced Terran nations, and I am honored to have been invited there to discuss important issues for both of us".
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:09 am

Kalopian Dawn

May 5436

Prefect of Elaiona questions Prime Minister's leadership
The popular politician asks her party to "stand up or withdraw from government"

Prefect of Elaiona Ekaterini Ioanniade, during a campaing meeting

She is the only Prefect that Worthy Homeland maintains in Kalopia. And she has been the wall against the impressive advance of the Centre Union in the rest of Kalopia, which has been slowly sweeping the rest of regional governments: they got the Thalassan government in the 5424 elections, taken it from Unsubmissive Left; then they took the Kitharan government, again from UL, in the 5428 elections, which was followed next by the Wantuni government in this last elections. Meanwhile, she has been obtaining percentages above 40% in every single election since she has been her party's candidate. And now she has spoken directly against her party's General Secretary, current Prime Minister Iason Simatos.

Ekaterini Ioanniade, the Prefect of Elaiona since she took over her predecessor Alexis Maneas in 5424 has asked Mr. Simatos to "grow a spine" and start actually making political advances within the government he leads. Following the 5436 elections, where Worthy Homeland lost again a bunch of seats - from 83 to 81 -, Mrs. Ioanniade has claimed that the leadership of the party needs to make substantial changes in order to survive.

"Worthy Homeland leads the Kalopian government in coalition with the Center Union, yet they are the only ones making gains election after election. How is that possible? I'll tell you why: because they are actually making political proposals that people see themselves reflected in, while the Worthy Homeland political group in parliament seems to be sleeping all the time"
has claimed the 42-year old Prefect.

"Why do we want to be in government if we are unable to make significant political changes that actually improve people's lives?" has asked herself. According to her, for this new legislature Worthy Homeland has only two options: either they start making significant political bills that return to the initial path of Worthy Homeland and show Kalopians why the party is the true reflect of the Kalopian society or they withdraw from government and start making a strong opposition.

"Things cannot continue as they are now. If we are in government, we better act like that"
she has stated during the start of the political cycle in the Elaionan regional assembly.

Polls show that the most popular Elaionan politician is actually more popular than the current Prime Minister among Worthy Homeland voters, but she has ruled herself out of contesting the leadership of the party against Mr. Simatos.

"Our current general secretary has my full support. I will not run against him. But I also believe that sometimes, we have to make our voices heard and express our different points of view if we really want to improve things, and I do believe this situation needs to improve. People vote for me because they know what I stand for, what are my thoughts and what are my ideas for this region. But can we say the same about the party at a national level? I'm starting to doubt so".

Political analysts agree to rule out a government crisis, but the situation within Worthy Homeland is far from certain. They all agree that for this legislature, Mrs. Ioanniade won't cause any trouble, at least visible, but she will wait for the next elections to decide whether it is time to put an end to Mr. Simatos leadership of the party and situation at the head of the Kalopian government.

Reaching the surroundings of the Prime Ministers, they rule out any actions against its most popular politician and its winning machine in the only region the party still has a shot at winning, but they also agree that her words are disproportionate and that Mr. Simatos shall call her for a private meeting.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:21 pm

Kalopian Dawn

April 5437

BREAKING: Minister of Justice resigns from post; bill expected to go to Supreme Court
Stavros Florelis is joined by spokesperson Ioannis Progos in his resignation handed to Prime Minister following voting on controversial military bill

Minister of Justice Stavros Florelis after the "A better and a stronger military" bill was voted

Heavy blow delivered this morning to the Kalopian government. Minister of Justcie Stavros Florelis, from Worthy Homeland, has appeared today in an official press release to inform about his resignation "from all his positions" within the Kalopian government, citing among one of the main reasons the approval of a controversial bill presented by the coalition partners, the Center Union. The bill, titled "A better and a stronger military", consists of five articles, but it was one that made the now former Minister of Justice rise his voice up: the article which changed the current position of the military on the issue of homosexuality.

Until the passage of the law, approved only with the votes in favor of the Centre Union and thanks to the abstention of Unsubmissive Left, changed the open acceptance of homosexuality within the military ranks to a policy of "Don't ask, don't tell", which according to Mr. Florelis is "a clear attack on the right to be of our very own citizens".

"That a bill called "A BETTER and STRONGER military" has among one of its points the ban of public homosexuality of our military is a clear attack on the principle of individual rights and freedoms about which Worthy Homeland has always stood up. As Minister of Justice, it is my duty, and my honor, to defend the values of our Constitution and our nation. Our Constitutional law frame has a clear bill named "Bill of Rights of the Kalopian Republic, which clearly states in its Article I that "All persons in Kalopia are equal in front of the law and are treated equally in equal circumstances. Discrimination on the grounds of religion, belief, political opinion, race, sex, gender, or sexual orientation is not permitted. This right can only be limited by law if there is a reasonable justification for restricting it.". Moreover, its Article XIII also states that "Everyone has the right to [...] cultural self-realization [...]". As Kalopian Minister of Justice, it is my duty to supervise and to defend our laws, and to complain and denounce when this is not fullfilled. For this reason, I make it clear here and now: I have resigned from all my posts within this government, having already informed Prime Minister Iason Simatos."

Next to Mr. Florelis was Ioannis Progos, who until now was the spokesperson of Worthy Homeland in the Kalopian parliament and the one that spoke against the passing of this bill. Mr. Progos has also resigned from his post, but both men have announced that they are not resigning from Worthy Homeland nor relinquishing their seats in parliament.

"Citizens voted for us to represent a clear political project, with a clear political lines, and knowing our political ideas. And we will not deceive them. We will continue fighting for all those people who placed their trust in us, and we will do so in Parliament with every single fiber of our bodies".

What's more, Mr. Florelis has announced that he intends to take this controversial bill to the Supreme Court of Kalopia, the highest judicial institution of the country, to force them to speak about the constitutionality of the law and whether it breaches the most fundamental law of the nation.

"From my point of view"
says Mr. Florelis, who before becoming Minister of Justice for Worthy Homeland used to work as a labor lawyer for more than 20 years
"this bill is clearly a breach of our fundamental law, and therefore, it shall be reversed. For this reason, I will personally sue this bill before the Supreme Court of Kalopia"

More and more voices have been raising the question over if it is worth to keep the coalition government with the Center Union, especially since Worthy Homeland is not obtaining any electoral benefit from this government deal. Prime Minister Simatos has not yet commented on the resignation, or on when a new minister of Justice will be appointed, but sources close to him seem to point out that the Prime Minister does not plan on breaking the coalition government deal for this legislature, which may lead to further deflections in the Worthy Homeland parliamentary group. Mrs. Ioanniade, the popular Prefect of Elaiona, is said to be "sharpening the knifes" after this new scandal within the party ranks.

Despite some attempts by political opponents to portray Worthy Homeland as a neoconservative party, the truth is that it is more defined as a syncretic, third way populist party that takes a harder instance against immigration and in favor of economic protectionism, but heavily defends civil liberties for Kalopians and opposes religious morality and attacks against LGBT or women.

Some close allies of Prime Minister Simatos are equally irritated about the passing of this bill, not because they could bring it down - Worthy Homeland commands less seats in the national assembly, and with the Center Union voting in favor and Unsubmissive Left abstaining, the vote against of Worthy Homeland was not enough to stop its passing - but because Mr. Simatos has not complained nor raised his voice against this issue, especially considering that, although very private with his personal life, it is well-known that the Prime Minister is in a relationship with famous Kalopian actor Pavlos Nicolelis. Some LGBT groups are asking the Prime Minister to resign, claiming that he has failed them and his own promises.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:34 am

Kalopian Dawn

November 5438

BREAKING: Legislature implodes!
Center Union calls for new elections as former minister leads a rebel faction to stop it and amend previous law

Prime Minister Iason Simatos is visibly affected by latest events

After a year of political turmoil, the Kalopian legislature seems to have reached a point of no return. Early this morning the Center Union - one of the two parties in government and the most voted party in previous elections - has come forward with an early election proposal, citing that "the latest moves prevent the completion of the government program [...]" in reference to the resignation of minister of Justice Stavros Florelis last year and the subsequent criticism from some parts of Worthy Homeland to the current party leadership, headed by current Prime Minister Iason Simatos. In their early election proposal, the Center Union has attacked "the latest developments, with direct challenges to the government's work"and has called for "the formation of a self-reliant government" after the next elections and for citizens to vote for the Center Union en masse to achieve such objective.

However, it is not clear whether this early election call will be approved by the Kalopian parliament, since it needs at least half of the legislature to vote in favor and Worthy Homeland is currently divided in this issue. There is a rebel faction within the current party group in the parliament, led by former minister Florelis, who resigned last year over the approval of the "A better and stronger military" bill, and is now seeking to gather the support of Unsubmissive Left, the third party represented in the Kalopian parliament, to pass an amendment to this law, which would remove the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy implemented by the previous law. Mr. Florelis has already presented his bill before parliament, and his personal disagreements with Minister of Defence Maximos Adamantidis - a member of the Center Union - have never been a secret.

"I truly believe that Mr. Adamantidis made a serious and huge mistake with the presentation of that law" said Mr. Florelis to the press gathered outside the Kalopian parliament. "We could have worked it out just fine the rest of Articles presented in his bill, but the inclusion of the Don't ask don't tell article was a red line for me, and I wanted to believe that it was also a red line for this party. Although the order given to our party ranks was to vote against this bill, and we did so, the approval of the law should have triggered a harsher response from within the very own government, my colleagues and the Prime Minister, especially taking into account his very own sexual orientation. However, when my colleagues in government and Prime Minister Simatos remained silent about this issue, I could not bear it any longer. That is why I handed in my resignation from this government, and I announced my future steps. I have alwasy been public about what I would do, and as a man of word, it is what I am doing now. I'm presenting this amendment to restore the dignity to our LGBT citizens that want to serve in the military, with no reason to be discriminated. If the Center Union votes in favor, then everything is solved, this government can continue working just fine - although without me. However, if they vote against it, I believe Worthy Homeland shall have a clear path to follow. But I will not say which path it is. I just say that I will sue this abhorrent law before the Supreme Court, and let our highest judicial institution decide."

Mr. Florelis, however, believes that the Center Union has no intention to vote in favor of the law, and they are already with their mind prepared for the political campaign for the elections with the aim of obtaining an absolute majority that he believes "is certainly out of their hands".

But this rebel faction within Worthy Homeland is not the only problem that Prime Minister Simatos is facing within his very own party. The growing influence of the Elaionan Prefect, Ekaterini Ioanniade, may put in serious risk the continuity of Persephone Vasiliea as candidate for the position of President of Kalopia. Mrs. Vasiliea, already heavily damaged for her two back-to-back losses in the first round in the past two elections, may face a challenger in the figure of Stavros Florelis, who might be seriously considering running for the position within the party in order to strengthen his political positions and force the hand of the current leadership. It is heavily rumoured that Iason Simatos could be on his way to lose reelection as General Secretary of Worthy Homeland, effectively removing him as candidate for the Head of Government of Kalopia. The latest scandals, added to the previous criticism to his lack of strong hand against certain policies and his mutism in some issues considered as important or very important by the Worthy Homeland voters may put him in a serious risk of being kicked out of the leadership, even in the first round of voting. The elections, which were scheduled for next year - one before the next elections - were supposed to be a candy for the current general secretary, who has been the Prime Minister of Kalopia for the past 10 years. However, internal polls are indicating that he is losing a huge amount of support, especially among the youngster, and he might be face by up to three potential candidates that could be able to steal the crown from his head. Of course, one of those could be Ekaterini Ioanniade, despite her early words that she is "completely focused in regional politics" and that she "has no interest in leading the national government".

Prime Minister Simatos is weighting his strength within the party ranks and the party parliamentary group, and he is well-aware that his previous silences have damaged his reputation and image. During the last meeting of parliament, he looked visibly emaciated and serious, an image contrary to the one he usually propagates from the tribune of parliament in his numerous interventions. There are rumors that indicate that precisely because of the approval of the law and his subsequent silence on the matter, his partner of years, the actor Pavlos Nicolelis, would have moved out of the Prime Minister's residence.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:17 am

Kalopian Dawn

May 5440

Here comes the iron fist
Following the collapse of support for Worthy Homeland in latest election, all its top members resigned; "time to put discipline back" says new leader

Aristarchos Kouridis arriving at the party meeting where he was elected as new General Secretary

38 seats and 7 million votes. These are the total losses for Worthy Homeland following the latest elections, which were called after the total breakdown of the Simatos government after ministers from the Center Union resigned in masse in protest for the recent statements made by some members of Worthy Homeland, which until then were their coalition partners. While the law that started it all was amended by an alliance between some rebel Worthy Homeland parliamentarians and members of the Unsubmissive Left, most of these Worthy Homeland deputies have now lost their seats, as has the only Prefect that Worthy Homeland kept until then and that was also part of these huge controversy: Ekaterini Ioanniade, the Prefect of Elaiona, has lost the governorship of the region, a position the party held since the start of the century, 40 years ago.

According to until then Prime Minister Iason Simatos, who at the time of the election held an approval rating of less than 20%, "the elections have shown us that citizens have grown tired of our divisions and fights", indirectly blaming the rebel deputies for the loss of confidence of the Kalopian voters.

There is not only a single person to blame for Worthy Homeland election results, as all the people involved in the latest conflict have suffered losses: recently elected candidate for the Presidency of Kalopia and former minister of Justice Stavros Florelis, who resigned following the approval of the "Better and Stronger Military" bill and was key in its later amendment only got 13% of the popular vote, finishing in last place. Governor Ekaterini Ioanniade, who previously ruled in Elaiona with absolute majorities and extreme popularity saw her support collapsing to a mere 6%, barely retaining her very own seat in the regional parliament. Prime Minister Iason Simatos has been unable to retain his seat.

All in all, in the aftermath of the worst nightmare in an electoral night for Worthy Homeland, where their previous coalition partners, the Center Union, have got an absolute majority by the slimmest of margins and will now be able to do and undo at their pleasure for this legislature, a joint letter was published in social networks by Stavros Florelis, Iason Simatos, Ekaterini Ioanniade and the four other candidates to the regional Prefectships:

To the militancy of Worthy Homeland, to our supporters and to the Kalopian citizens,

We listen. We watch. And we apologize. These election results send a clear message to our party: things cannot remain as they have been for this last legislature. In a way, the absolute majority granted to the Center Union will give our party the opportunity to rebuild itself and to become, once again, the powerful tool it was in its previous days to build a better, egalitarian and rightful society in our great and glorious nation. However, this will be not done by the signatories of this letter. We have come to the common understanding that our last actions during these past years have disenchanted our potential supporters, and sent an image that we don't want to be associated with.

For this reason, the following signatories present their immediate resignation from all their political positions within the party, except those who have managed to win a seat and will remain as normal parliamentarians.

-General secretary Iason Simatos
-President Stavros Florelis
-Regional secretary of Elaiona Ekaterini Ioanniade
-Regional secretary of Thalassa Pericles Barou
-Regional secretary of Oroseira Zoe Rodineli
-Regional secretary of Kithara Medea Fotili
-Regional secretary of Wantuni Iakovos al-Shud

Speaking after the publication of the letter, Mr. Florelis said that he "doesn't regret his actions", but the way all of it was carried on.

"Do I regret standing up for my beliefs and for fighting for an egalitarian society? Absolutely not. It could have been done in another way, that maybe Kalopian citizens would have understood better? Seems like it"

This letter seems to put an end on the political turmoil of the past few years, with a coalition government more and more broken every single month, and gives Worthy Homeland some time to rebuild itself from the very start. And for this reason, the party membership assigned this task to its recently elected new general secretary to replace the ill-fated Iason Simatos, who came to politics and became the very first Prime Minister of Kalopia without a university degree, at the forefront of the party: Aristarchos Kouridis.

Who is Aristarchos Kouridis, the new general secretary of Worthy Homeland?

The 39-year old philosopher-turned-politician is no stranger to politics. Previously a member of the Thalassa parliament, where he was well known for his powerful rethoric and his fiery speeches, he was also a member of an anti-evictions platform, and his allies and enemies alike describe him as a "powerful machine" unafraid to speak up, something Worthy Homeland desperately needs after Iason Simato's apparent dislike for standing up.

Right after securing his election as new General Secretary of Worthy Homeland, Mr. Kouridis announced that it was time "to put some discipline back" in the party ranks, an stated that the party will start "a fiery campaign" in the Kalopian parliament to remind citizens why they should all come back to support Worthy Homeland.

"Discussions and different points of view will be held where they belong: in the internal organs and institutions of the party. But from the party outwards, we shall be a monolithic bloc, working to improve the lives of our beloved Kalopian citizens. Some people have forgotten about that, but I will remind them if deemed necessary".

Asked on whether he would form a coalition government in future events with either Center Union or Unsubmissive Left, Mr. Kouridis said that he "will hold the head of government of Kalopia", or if else, each case will be studied when the time comes. On whether his party will provide stability to the two regions where the others have not managed to win an absolute majority, he was clear: "citizens of Wantuni and Oroseirá have made their choice. We will not join any coalition government nor compromise with a single party. We will study each proposal as it comes, and we will extract our conclusions on whether to support it or not".
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:51 am

Kalopian Dawn

May 5442

Worthy Homeland approves its new bylaws
In what is its fourth Grand Assembly since its foundation, Aristarchos Kouridis wants everyone to "row together from now on"

Inside the venue where Worthy Homeland has held its fourth Grand Assembly, full of militants and sympathizers

"From now on, we all have to row together to make our nation a fairer, more prosperous and greater place than ever. I trust each and every one of you to carry out this task, because no matter how great it may be, this challenge, we will never give up. Because our homeland is worth it, and we are Worthy Homeland!"

In this way, Secretary General Aristarchos Kouridis's speech to a deafening crowd ended. War chants such as "victor, victor" and "fight for victory and country" could be heard throughout the pavilion where Worthy Homeland held its fourth Grand Assembly, which is how the town is known. maximum meeting of all the party organs with the militants, something like a founding or re-founding assembly. In it, new statutes are usually discussed, new procedures approved or great leaders elevated. With performances by Kalopian singers such as DxSO or the band Moravili, the Assembly lasted for almost 6 hours, during which voting also took place to approve or reject the different sections that will make up the new statute that was voted on at the end, just before Mr. Kouridis's closing speech.

Below you can read part of the statute, which presents the key ideology by which Worthy Homeland will be governed until further notice:

Article 1. Denomination
Under the protection of the Kalopian Constitution the political party called Worthy Homeland is formed at a national level, accompanied or by the name of the region in the following names:
Oroseirá: Worthy Oroseirá
Thálassa: Thálassa Deserves More
Wantuni: Our Homeland
Elaióna: Worthy Elaióna
Kithāra: For Kithara-Worthy Homeland

Article 2. General principles
To this end, Worthy Homeland carries out its activity in accordance with the following principles:
1. All people affiliated with Worthy Homeland have a voice and vote, without any discrimination for reasons of nationality, place or country of origin, physical appearance, lineage, ethnic origin, language, disability, age, political or other opinion, religious beliefs, sex, sexual preferences, training, marital and family status, economic condition or situation
To guarantee the exercise of this right, Podemos will promote the use of all the languages of the State, will promote the accessibility of all its spaces and documents, will stimulate training, will facilitate the reconciliation of family and work life and promote diversity. The vote of all affiliated people of Worthy Homeland has the same quantitative value (one person, one vote) and qualitative (there are no qualified votes), without the principle of political equality.
2. In Worthy Homeland, all members have the right to exercise active suffrage (elect) and passive (being elected), with the only requirements that the law and these Statutes and their specific development regulations imposed at all levels of the organization, with the limitations defined by our Code of Ethics and the electoral regulations that are established.
3. Worthy Homeland promotes gender as the only corrective factor in the exercise of the right to vote passive (being chosen or chosen). The collegiate bodies of Podemos will be composed in such a way that the representation of women in them is at least half of their members. With the object of guarantee the exercise of the right to equality, the removal of obstacles that could limit the active participation of women.
4. The basic organizational unit of Worthy Homeland is the Circle. The Circle is the tool with the that Worthy Homeland promotes participation, debate and an active relationship with society. For the constitution, organization, development and internal functioning of the Circle will be attended to provided in these Statutes and in the regulations that develop them.
5. The preparation of the electoral programs, the preparation of the lists of candidates for the institutional representative bodies and the election of spokespersons or members of the Citizen Councils of will be carried out in accordance with these Statutes, with the documents approved —especially the current Code of Ethics— and with the regulations that govern the electoral processes, which will always allow participation to all affiliated persons that make up Worthy Homeland in the corresponding territorial area.
6. It is up to the affiliated people to decide to join forces in confluence while preserves our independence in alliances for change.
7. Worthy Homeland promotes the direct participation of all its members in the decision-making processes. decisions that significantly affect the organization, using all the tools in person and online that can expand and guarantee democratic political participation. Podemos will promote all face-to-face spaces for participation, while relying on different computer tools to facilitate deliberation and decision-making among everyone and all.

IDEOLOGY LINES

1. Worthy Homeland refuses to be classified as a left-wing or right-wing political party. We embrace our roots and our traditions, while defending rights for our citizens and a harmonic society. As such, Worthy Homeland is proud to embrace the populist label and rethoric, having our citizens at the very center of our policies. Our party holds and promotes anti-austerity, anti-corruption, and anti-establishment views, all of that combined with a proud patriotism and a populist rhetoric.

Domestic politics
Worthy Homeland supports the current Crowned republic through the establishment of an Imperial family as Head of State along with a directly elected Head of State.
Worthy Homeland defends direct democracy and advocates for the celebration of referendums for any major political reform, to give our citizens a real voice and involvement in the big decisions that may affect their lifes.
Worthy Homeland supports federalism within its five regional units in an united and sovereign Kalopia.

Social issues
Worthy Homeland is against any form of fascism and advocates for an egalitarian and secularist free society. For this reason, Worthy Homeland defends women's rights, including abortion and IVF, and is an ally of the LGBT collective. To keep protecting the rights of these groups and other reasons, we must push for strict immigration policies.
Worthy Homeland support natalist policies, as a land of native Kalopians is a strong Homeland.

Economy
Worthy Homeland opposes economic inequality. The party wants to increase public spending and ban job cuts in profitable firms. It supports redistributive fiscal policies and a bigger welfare state. Worthy Homeland also rejects neoliberalism.
Some of the most important policies we must pursue promote putting an emphasis on public control, poverty reduction, and social dignity via a basic income for every adult, including lobbying controls and punitive measures against tax avoidance by large corporations and multinational organizations, as well as promotion of smaller enterprises.

Foreign policy
Worthy Homeland agrees that Kalopia should make no sovereignty concessions to third nations, because according to the Constitution of Kalopia national sovereignty is vested in the Kalopian people, from whom emanate the powers of the State. Worthy Homeland opposes Majatra becoming any form of a federal superstate, and we must defend its borders and its roots and oppose multiculturalism and mass immigration.

Immigration
Worthy Homeland is strongly against illegal immigration, and as such the party defends unconditional deportation of illegal immigrants; tightening of Kalopian immigration laws; legal and police actions against non-profits and organized crime facilitating illegal immigration; and the militarization of problematic frontiers.
Worthy Homeland, on the other hand, supports legal immigration that are willing to comply with the Kalopian law, Kalopian culture and Kalopian issues. There is no place in our nation for those who attempt to break our laws, our traditions or the rights of our citizens. These are innegotiable. At the same time, we promote stricter regulation of immigration according to the needs of national economy; with preference for Kalopian nationals.
Worthy Homeland is critical of multiculturalism and demographic transition.

Religion
Worthy Homeland believes that, along with illegal immigration, religion is one of the great cancers that attack the country and prevent it from prospering, as well as responsible for the speeches that target women and the LGBT collective in the country. Worthy Homeland defends atheism as the State position regarding religion, but supports anyone who, in their free will, believes in a higher god and worship them, as long as this does not have a direct effect in the rights of other people in our nation.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:21 am

The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

PreviousNext

Return to National News