Yingdala

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Indralan Consortium of Journalists

Postby TreeHugger » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:22 am

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH GRAND CHANCELLOR ZHANG ZEMIN
Chancellor exhibits great frustration and intolerance towards Dankuk Conservatives.

Cui Jing
November 14, 4302

[TIAN'AN, HAN]: Chancellor Zhang Zemin was foaming at the mouth on Tuesday afternoon during an exclusive interview with The Republic. While Mr. Zhang usually avoids our requests for interview, he could not resist the opportunity to chat with the Republic's ONLY dedicated source of credible progressive news. The full transcript is here:

Cui Jing: Good morning Grand Chancellor, how are you today?
Zhang Zemin: Good morning Ms. Cui, I am well.

Lovely to hear, let's dive right into the topic of our interview this morning, and that is the heightened tensions your government have been experiencing with the Dankuk Government, how would you describe this situation?
Zhang Zemin: Well I'm glad you brought this up Jing, as we are dealing with quite an inept leader in a very unstable country. Now let me get a few things straight: I am a guardian of the Fifth Republic. I am the leader of a party that is defined by the fight we led in protecting the Republic. So in no way do I sympathize with anyone who thinks our country would be better off with old nobles who soil themselves on the taxpayer's dime. BUT... I believe that other countries have the right to determine their own destiny. What Taeyang Sang-Ah is essentially doing, is walking up and down the street and forcing the people of Dankuk to support her illegitimate and unlawful claim to the throne. The Republic of Indrala does not support authoritarian regimes in any country, especially in a country like Dankuk, which has been a close and reliable partner for us.

Cui King: So if I'm hearing you correctly, your government does not support the National Conservatives in Dankuk, yes?
Zhang Zemin: We do not. They are out of their f****n minds. My party is a member of many conservative alliances across Terra, however we do not in any way support radical parties that take human life for granted. Left or right, up or down, front or back, we don't care which way you lean or sway, or what colour you dawn on your flag - the bottom line is... this government supports democracy and fairness.

Cui Jing: So, what does your government propose to do about this issue? We can listen to you go on and on as much as we'd love to, but what Indralans really want to know is what your strategy is.
Zhang Zemin: Well, we have already worked across the aisle with our colleagues to pass legislation that effectively delegitimizes the Dankuk government, and we are working on more political and economic tactics we can use in the fight for justice in Dankuk.

Cui Jing: I thank you for your time Grand Chancellor Zhang, and I wish you luck.
Zhang Zemin: Thank you Ms. Cui
保守聯盟 (Conservative Coalition) - Republic of Indrala
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:47 am

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Lotus Party Responds to Developments in Dankuk

DECEMBER 4303
Tian'an, Han

Following the recent defeat of the "Act to de-recognize the Republic of Yingdala as the legitimate government of Yingdalan People", the Lotus Party has released the following statement:
Every day, in every way, the National Conservative Party has proved itself to be irresponsible and irrational, and thus, unsuitable to govern the people of Dankuk. This most recent display proves without a doubt that the National Conservative Party exists to function as an authoritarian organization, no matter its figurehead. That the National Conservative Party would attempt to formally end ties between our two nations over our acknowledgment of a specific royal claim discredits the legitimacy of their government as one which has a mandate from all Dranians. In other words, rather than serving the interests of their citizens, the governing NCP puts the interests of their President and preferred imperial pretender Taeyang Sang-Ah first.

The long-standing camaraderie and fellowship between our two nations is one which the Lotus Party and all Indralans deeply value. We view this most recent deterioration in relations as one in which the fault lies entirely in the National Conservative Party, and by extension the Taeyang family, not the nation of Dankuk as an entity. For their succinct and resolute opposition, we thank the Federalist Party and Party of Strength.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:03 pm

GRAND CHANCELLOR HOLDS EMERGENCY PRESS CONFERENCE
Zhang Zemin to update the country on missing Indralair flight IA632

April 17, 4304
10:15 am local time
HAIWAN, ANLE: Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin is in Anle Province this morning to update the Fifth Republic on a missing Indralair flight that was on its way back to Tian'an International Airport Thursday evening when it went missing over the skies of Anle Province.

Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin:
Good morning everyone, please be seated. At 12:22 am last night, air traffic control in Anle received an emergency call from Indralair flight 632. The crew reported smoke in the cabin and requested an immediate diversion to the nearest airport. At 1:14 am the pilots attempted to contact air traffic control again however the radio connection was lost and after several attempts by Anle ATC to contact IA632, the aircraft eventually disappeared off their radar.

Around 1:32 am, local governments received numerous calls from members of the public describing a "shooting star" falling from the sky. Shortly after, emergency services were contacted by several residents of Haiwan and surrounding mountain villages - describing a loud "bang" and distant fire coming from the slopes of Mount Gao. Emergency crews were dispatched to the scene however only a few helicopters and search planes managed to reach the scene to inspect the incident as it happened almost 2,500 metres above the base of Mount Gao. It was not until early this morning that crews were able to identify the wreckage as Indralair flight 632. The plane was a 6-year-old Xiandai X400 passenger jet registered as aircraft I-FJB

The images I am about to display for you are very sensitive and I urge those who may have personal connections to this incident to look away.

Image Image Image
Images from the crash site on the slopes of Mount Gao in Anle

Due to the extremely high speed at which the plane impacted the mountainside, it has proven to be a difficult challenge for crews to identify individuals from the crash, or even parts of the missing plane. What is evident is that all 144 souls on board of the plane, including 7 flight attendants and both Captain Hu Yi and Co-Pilot Han Jingyi were lost in this tragedy. I would like to offer my sincere condolences to every family member and friend whose loved ones were lost last night. I'd also like to offer my most sincere acknowledgment of bravery and professionalism to the crew and pilots of IA632. The government of Indrala stands with all those affected and will be offering all and any kind of support needed by those impacted by this tragedy. I pray for your hearts, and my heart weeps for your tears.

Effective immediately, the Government of Indrala will be launching a full scale investigation into this accident. We will work with the Indrala Airline Safety Association (IASA) and conglomerates to get to the bottom of this incident and prevent it from ever happening again. Indralair has committed to offering all of its resources to determining the cause of this crash and has signified its intention to be 100% transparent and cooperative during this investigation. We have contacted Xiandai in an attempt to include them in the investigation as a working partner, however we have not yet received any comment from their corporate headquarters.

I will now lead a moment of silence for the victims of this tragedy and declare today, the 17 day of April 4304, a national day of mourning.

Thank you.

Government of Indrala ©4304
TreeHugger

Postby TreeHugger » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:55 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Paid for by the Republicans of Indrala

TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:44 am

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Paid for by the Lotus Party of Indrala
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:59 am

June 4304
Southern Voice is a left-leaning daily print publication distributed nation-wide, focusing predominantly on political, cultural and economic events in Shu, Han and Southern Anle

Above: Kwan speaks to market vendors on the last day of the campaign in Yincheng, Jiaozhi
Off Life Support: Kwan Leads Lotus Party to First Place
Story by Pan Heng, 29 June 4304

BEIZHOU, Jiaozhi -- People rush in and out of the 28th story suite in the Beizhou Convention Centre Hotel. Discretely tucked into one corner, Kwan Zhiyong sits with her eyes fixed on the television. With one leg crossed over the other, Kwan appears poised and calm on the small leather couch, even occasionally telling a joke or two to one of her aids. However, if you watched close enough, you could pick up a sense of nervousness behind her eyes. Hopeful optimism.

The Lotus Party has faced a losing streak since 4290, falling to third place and staying there. Until tonight.

The Chancellory results came in first, as always, at 10:00 pm. The room fell silent as aids took a break from whirring all over the room to gather around the sitting area and watch the television in silence. Kwan Zhiyong's sister, Kwan Zhifeng, held her hand, but it seems this was more for her own nerves than that of the party leader's. When it was announced that the Grand Chancellor had been re-elected, the room broke out into light applause, noting that Kwan's result at 46% was the highest in 10 years for a Lotus Party candidate. People nodded approvingly at one another and then to Kwan, who stood to give a small wave, and a few words:
Of course, it's not the result we all hoped for, but the night isn't over until every vote is counted, alright? Thank you all for your hard work this evening! Let's keep going, just a while longer, okay?

Speaking with organizers and aids in the room, there wasn't much shock. No one really expected the popular two-term Grand Chancellor to lose his job, especially in light of the National Awakening Party's full endorsement. As such, the loss didn't curb the enthusiasm of the room very much.

Kwan ran a very robust and ambitious campaign, despite it only lasting a month. Kwan ran from coast to coast to coast to coast, popping up in a new city almost every day. Those close to her said that despite her aggressive campaign agenda, Kwan never seemed lethargic. Her campaign manager, Wang Yahui said that once while mid-flight between Taixi and Lanbao, he had asked the leader if she ever gets tired. According to Wang, Kwan replied to him: "There's no time to rest when your countrymen are counting on you."

As legislative results began to pour in, the energy in the room buzzed with excitement. As the results came in for northern Indrala, Wang walked to Kwan from the other side of the room. "So, Manager Wang, which speech will it be?" Kwan asked, with a mischevious look in her eyes. With a chuckle, Wang replied, "I think you know." With that, the two walked into the other room of the hotel suite, along with a small number of other aids.

Kwan would reemerge around 11:30pm, to the jubilant cheers of everyone gathered in the room. Since she left, the results for southern Indrala came in and confirmed what by then was expected: the Lotus Party had again become the largest party in the National Conference. Kwan spoke to the room:
Well friends, it looks like it's been a good night for our movement!

She hugged a few close staff and volunteers as she took her seat once again on the couch, looking over the script one last time with her assistant and her sister. At one point, Kwan looked up at the television, which was tracking a large balloon make its way through the crowd just downstairs at the Lotus Party election night event. She turned to those around her:
Looks like they're excited. How long should we keep them waiting?

"Not much longer," Wang said, "twenty minutes." That interaction wiped the smile off of Kwan's face. Suddenly, you could see that the weight of the evening had stuck the Lotus Party leader.

At 12:00am, Wang ended a phone call with organizers downstairs to walk over to Kwan. "Leader Kwan, they're ready for you. It's time." With a deep breath, she stood up and declared to the room, "Well folks, this is it," and with that, Kwan Zhiyong left to speak to the nation.

As Kwan took the stage, balloons fell from the ceiling and pink confetti shot out of cannons over the crowd. Kwan waved for a while as she stood at the podium. The crowd's thunderous chanting prevented her from beginning her speech for nearly fourty seconds. When she did begin, she said:

Well friends, Indralans were asked a simple question today. When asked whether they were content with the status quo, Indralans from every corner of this country have shouted out an emphatic "no!"

The crowd erupted in celebration, with nearly a thousand Fifth Republic flags being waved with a frenzied energy throughout the room. She began her speech by thanking her friends, family, volunteers and voters. Then she continued:

As I traveled this country this past month, I met people who had received crucial healthcare services under the National Health Insurance Corporation. I met women who were able to go back to work following the Public Childcare Program. I met students who were the first members of their family to ever attend university, made possible by the Indralan Scholarship Fund. Thus, as I traveled this country, I reflected on just how much the democratic left has brought to the social and political culture of Indrala. How much my role-model, Chancellor Huang brought to our country. This small victory tonight is built on the shoulders of so many giants.

During her speech, Kwan decried the "laissez-faire, don't-care" policies of the past decade, and declared that the elimination of childhood poverty should be the first goal for lawmakers in the National Conference. She also noted that despite becoming the largest party, the Lotus Party did not form government:

Friends, it would be naive to not reflect on the situation we find ourselves in. Of course, Grand Chancellor Zhang and his party have remained in power. However, I will make it abundantly clear to the government that things are going to be working a little differently in Tian'an!

Needless to say, the speech was well received by the supporters in the room.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:13 pm

"UNBEATABLE" ZHANG ZEMIN WINS THIRD TERM AS CHANCELLOR
While his party may have underperformed, Zhang Zemin stole the night away for a third kick at the can in Tian'an

Zhang Zemin greeting supporters in Dongjing the morning after his victory.

June 29, 4304
DONGJING, ANLE
People flooded the streets of southern Dongjing on Saturday morning to greet Zhang Zemin, who has just won a third straight term as the Grand Chancellor of the Republic of Indrala. His first ballot win signifies his extreme popularity among Indralans, something that the Chancellor has been fighting for over the past 8 years. His spotless record on a multitude of issues combined with a cooperative mindset have allowed Indralans to trust the Republican Chancellor to carry the legacy of late Lotus Party leader and Chancellor Huang Zitao into the Fifth Republic. From mass deregulations to working with the opposition Lotus Party to recognize the House of Ryeo as the legitimate royal bloodline of Dranian throne - Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin has not a single failure to be threatened with.

Mr. Zhang briefly spoke to supporters in acknowledgment of their support:
Zhang Zemin: Good morning my friends, what a beautiful day it is in Anle today! I would like to thank all of you for your unwavering support, and for spreading the word of all the great things Republicans can do for Anle! Your province is welcoming to our party, and we look forward to blossoming within your beautiful landscapes for years to come.

Now I must talk about the election results... I am thankful that the people of Indrala entrusted me to lead this great nation for another term - it has been an honour to serve you for the last 8 years and I will continue to do so with bravery and honour. Despite this, we must realize our shortcomings. It may only be by slim margins, but the reality is that our party has fallen to third place. This is unacceptable. This is our worst showing since Xuan Shuren sunk the Republican ship! I will contact our national director and seek a full scale review to determine where we went wrong and to better prepare ourselves for the next election, where we will surely show the people of Indrala that there is no place in this country for the fiscal irresponsibly of the left! However, let us not take our current position for granted. We are well positioned to enact great change throughout this nation, and we will never stop fighting for Indralan families, their mothers and their fathers. I see the beating heart of this Fifth Republic in every one of your eyes, and I cannot wait to see our government unleash the full potential of our great country.

In every corner of this country, we have planted a seed. A seed that will grow up to become a large tree. This tree, is the tree of prosperity. Let us see this life through, let us build taller and bigger than ever before. Let us spark innovation and growth that will soar into the night sky. Let us sew the moist fertile ground. Let us become one with this Fifth Republic. Let us breathe deeply in our harmonious society.

Thank you!

Diminishing National Support
The Republicans, while managing to secure their position in governement with the re-election of Zhang Zemin, have fallen short in the rest of the country and have seen their vote share plummet in all the provinces except Anle. This is perhaps very disappointing for the Republican strategy team, as the party has dedicated millions of dollars towards trying to regain their former stronghold of Shu. The most likely explanation for Shu's abandonment of the Republicans is Zhang Zemin himself, who displays a pragmatist and cooperative approach to politics - something the people of Shu (specifically farmers) have been trained to detest. It may take a new leader, or even a new party for members of the Republicans to ever call Shu home again.

New Home in Anle?
The Republicans have now shown that they can consistently perform well in Anle Province, something the party should be thankful for given their recent disappearance of their former stronghold: Shu. The party will now be regretful that it built its party headquarters in the smack middle of Shu Province just before the 4300 election. New opportunities are abundant in Anle for the Republicans as it is a province that has been widely ignored by politicians of the past. There is a thriving resource sector that feels threatened by the left wing environmentalist policies of the left, putting the Republicans in a good spot to make significant inroads in the quiet province. The Republicans have a good opportunity to build up support in Anle through investment and commitments, so this will be something to look for in the coming years.

The anticipation is growing large after a surprising election result. Only time will tell how Zhang Zemin's next 4 years will play out, and how the Republicans can manage being the third party in the National Conference.

More to come...
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:12 pm

LOTUS PARTY JOINS CABINET FOR FIRST TIME IN 9 YEARS

TIAN'AN, Han -- The Government has accepted demands from the Lotus Party to concede a few cabinet positions; Defence, Foreign Affairs and Education. LP Leader Kwan Zhiyong says deal is "not a coalition by any measure"
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:25 am

FORMER-CHANCELLOR WU HÁN DEAD AT 96
16 DECEMBER 4304

KAIZHOU, Jiaozhi -- Spokesperson for Wu Family says that Wu Hán has died at 96-years-old from a heart attack. Wu was the first elected-Chancellor of the Fourth Republic and Founder of the Lotus Party and the International Organization for the Prohibition of Landmines.
Last edited by Wu Han on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:56 am

This is the most viewed story from the Tian'an Times online homepage

04 JANUARY 4305

Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin Hosts Shencheng Convention 4305
Zhang Zemin speaks to the crowd full of international and domestic conglomerates at the Shencheng International Exhibition Centre

SHENCHENG, Han -- Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin and his Republican Government hosted a major international convention in Shencheng this week. The "Shencheng Convention on the Universal Right to Effective and Affordable Pharmaceutical Drugs" is poised to dominate Indralan politics for at least the next month, as critics look to see just how popular this treaty will be. The Republican government is hosting this conference directly after a disappointing showing in the 4304 elections, so the priority of Mr. Zhang and his cabinet must be to forget the past and move forward - hoping that the people of Indrala will follow suit. The Republicans are moving ahead with the ratification process of this treaty without former Foreign Affairs minister Kong Bo, who was forced out of office due to Lotus Party demands for cabinet positions. Despite being a principal architect of this treaty, he will not be the one to bring it to a ratification vote in the National Conference. Enter: the Lotus Party. Zhang Zemin's tactful bipartisan approach to politics has proven to be beneficial yet again, as Kwan Zhiyong's Lotus Party has signalled its full intention of ratifying this treaty once the convention is over. Their full statement reads:
“The Lotus Party intends to ratify the Shencheng Convention agreement. Our party has long advocated for pharmacare expansion, including extending full coverage for low income citizens and partial payment for all citizens under the National Health Insurance Corporation. The Shencheng Convention will enshrine these hard-fought gains into international law.” - Lotus Party Spokesperson

The convention outlines several principles that are to be required in the ratification process:

Article 1
The ratifiers acknowledge that with respect to the research and development of pharmaceutical drugs., the policy of their national government and law should be:

The government subsidizes research and development of prescription drugs and regulates their prices, the government does not subsidize research and development of prescription drugs but regulates their prices, or the government subsidizes research and development of prescription drugs but does not regulate their prices.

Article 2
The ratifiers acknowledge that with respect to pharmaceutical drugs policy, the policy of their national government and law should be:

The government subsidises the cost of pharmaceutical drugs for people on low incomes, the government supplies free pharmaceutical drugs to those on low incomes, the government pays partially for all citizens' pharmaceutical drugs, and pays entirely for those of low income citizens, or the government pays for all citizens' pharmaceutical drugs.

All Eyes On Shencheng
The development of this treaty has been applauded by spectators on the left, who have long wished for safeguards on the stability of pharmaceutical drug access for Indralan citizens. Critics on the right, who have historically shown unwavering support for the Republicans, are furious. It seems as though Zhang Zemin is dead set on pragmatism and could care less about the wishes of his party's base. After acknowledging their fleeting support in Shu Province over the last decade, it is curious to witness the Republicans continue to neglect the portion of the electorate that most supports their party. Zhang Zemin must tread carefully if he wishes to see a Republican victory in the next election. For now, all eyes are on Shencheng.

More to come...
TreeHugger

PreviousNext

Return to National News