Yingdala

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Great Indralan Gazette

Postby TreeHugger » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:20 pm

Greens Amid Political Crisis
Song Yi missing on campaign trail, Chen Ruogang silent

ImageImage
Leader of the Greens, Song Yi (pictured left) and the Greens' Internal Affairs Critic Chen Ruogang (pictured right)

[Tian’an]: Leader of the Greens Song Yi acknowledged that her party is much less united as it was when she formed it 4 years ago. Blaming the current shift to monarchy proposed by the Nationalist Party – she sees this as a vital issue to the country, but notes that there are more pressing issues to focus on. Worried that this issue will dominate the election in November of next year, Song Yi has been trying to rally her party to fight for the issues it was founded on – rather than give in to the political firefighting in the National Conference. This effort has been met with deep resentment from the loyal republican section of the Greens. Led by Internal Affairs Critic Chen Ruogang, there appears to be an entire swath of the Greens’ caucus who wish to abandon their social democratic routes in favor of a more aggressive, republican agenda that would see the Greens shift to the right.

A popular misconception about the Greens (besides their unity) is the political leanings of a majority of its members. While Song Yi has championed a leftist agenda that saw the country introduce a minimum wage, as well as publically funded childcare and a nationalized post office, the Greens’ base is mostly made up of farmers who simply wanted some form of political representation. At the time of the Greens formation, the brilliance of Song Yi was found in her ability to bring people together around a common desire: Environmentalism. But now that the party has proven it can pass laws and instill its political will in the National Conference, its base sees an opportunity to further a hidden agenda – one that Song Yi could never have imagined.

Today an unconfirmed source leaked to the media that Chen Ruogang is leading an effort to take over the Greens and eliminate Song Yi’s leadership “by whatever means necessary.” While this information is unconfirmed to be true, Mr. Chen has refused to comment – which has only furthered speculation. Song Yi has not been in the Capital for the past 3 days as she is currently on tour around the country trying to grow her party’s support ahead of next year’s election. When reporters flocked to the farm residence where she was supposed to be staying, she was nowhere to be found.

Song Yi has a full load of legislation waiting to be voted upon in the National Conference, yet the party she once called dear is nowhere to be found.

More to come…
保守聯盟 (Conservative Coalition) - Republic of Indrala
TreeHugger

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:47 am

Song Yi FOUND
Green Leader in good health, offers message to voters

Song Yi interviewed by reporters in Kaizhou

[Jiaozhi Province]: Song Yi emerged from a townhouse in Kaizhou early Monday morning looking refreshed and happy, something the people of Indrala would not expect following her abrupt disappearance. The leader of the Greens’ only had a few words to say regarding the comments made by Chen Ruogang:
Those with black hearts have dark souls, and dark souls never go to heaven.

The comments are surprising considering Song Yi’s historically secular views, but nonetheless the words shook the ground of Jiaozhi Province.

Reporters continued to heckle the Green leader about Mr. Chen’s comments and her disappearance, but Song Yi ignored them altogether and reiterated her party’s legislative successes in the National Conference, as well as her platform moving towards the 4274 election later this year.
I am running to be Chancellor of the State of Indrala. I will bring justice to the working class. I will clean our air. I will save our republic.

Looking and sounding exquisitely cancellarian, Song Yi seems to have regained her form while her party base continues infighting. This could not have come at a better time since election season is right around the corner. Meanwhile Chen Ruogang continues to be silent following a leak that he would eliminate Song Yi’s leadership “by any means necessary.” No action has been taken by police, nor has anyone asked for it. These comments, while not proven to be fake, have still not been confirmed.

More to come…
TreeHugger

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:08 pm

Chen Ruogang, In Bizarre Press Conference Blames Prostitution Rumours on “Enemies of the Republic”

Chen Ruogang Loves Prostitutes?

[Tian’an]: Chen Ruogang, Internal Affairs Critic for the Greens, held a press conference in Tian’an today to address demands from party loyalists to resign after he was exposed apparently frequenting three different brothels in the Capital during the last month. Chen is also alleged to have asked one prostitute to bring cocaine with her for a private encounter in his tax-subsidized condo. The member who ran on bringing “family values” back to the National Conference was expected to apologize when he walked into the Press Room, but Chen was unrepentant, first blaming the media:
…it is deeply disturbing that a national newspaper should have paid individuals to have acted like this in this way

Then, directing his attention to his political opponents:
If that rubber-boot wielding donkey-licker Song Yi thinks that creating such disgusting lies about my character will protect her position as leader, she is sorely mistaken. This was imagined in the minds of those deranged individuals who hate our republic.

He even attacked the prostitutes themselves:
These so-called ‘professionals’ are anything but professional, leaking information shared by a client to the media. But did anyone see them? Trust me, I could find somewhere better to spend my money, if you know what I mean. Right?

While prostitution isn’t technically illegal in Indrala, Chen publicly called for the criminalization of prostitution in 4259, stating in part:
Prostitution is disgusting and degenerate; those who walk our streets, on the prowl for husbands and fathers should be pushed back into the sewer they crawled from. The men who fall for their tricks should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Ruogang still has yet to deny accusations that he will eliminate Song Yi's leadership "by any means necessary"

More to come…
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:34 am

Acid Bomb Detonated at Lotus Party National Headquarters, Mailed to Other Targets Around Tian'an
Bomb was detonated by security guard who is in critical condition, other bombs secured although more could be found
TIAN'AN, HAN - 3 May 4274

Clockwise from the top right; Party staff are evacuated from the Lotus Party Headquarters; Lotus Party Leader Huang Zitao wisked away from the National Conference; Lotus Party Headquarters in Downtown Tian'an

According to the Tian'an Police, an acid-bomb was delivered through the mail to the Lotus Party headquarters this morning, whereupon inspection it detonated. The package was addressed to Leader Huang Zitao, who was preoccupied at the National Conference at the time. Lai Wuming, the security guard who opened the package, is in critical condition after sustaining a major acid attack to her face and chest. Police did not say what type of acid was used but claimed that it could easily melt skin. Three other packages from the same return address have been found, one sent to the National Conference, another sent to the Siji Institute and another sent to the Chancellor's Office. Tian'an Police Chief Liao Hong suggested that others could be found in the coming days and weeks.

A letter was attached to the package sent to the Lotus Party and to the Chancellor's Office, the contents of which have only partially been released to the public. The letters apparently credit "martyr's of the Republic" for the attacks, suggesting that the bombs were politically motivated, although it is unclear if the bomber acted alone or as part of a terrorist cell. The Lotus Party, as well as Chancellor Feng Xinyue have both expressed interest in returning to monarchy, a topic which has ignited debate across the country, with protesters camped outside the National Conference ever since the Chancellor signaled her intent to modify the constitution and bring the Fourth Republic to an end.

More details are expected to come as the story is still developing. Huang Zitao and his office did not respond to requests for comment at this time.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Huang Zitao Holds First Press Conference Following Bombing; Will Not Run in 4274 Election
Huang Zitao spoke to media three days after an acid mail bomb took the life of Lotus Party HQ security guard
TIAN'AN, HAN - 6 May 4274

Huang Zitao delivers comments to media at the Lotus Party HQ Press Room

In his first comments since after the 3 May 4274 attack, Huang Zitao delivered his remarks to a packed room of reporters today, selected parts of which can be read below:
Allow me to begin today by remembering Lai Wuming, the brave young woman who has served on our security team for the last four years. I was made aware of the fact yesterday that Ms. Lai would not survive the attack. As the package was addressed to me, I cannot help but think of how Ms. Lai died so that this old man could stand here today. I know that my thoughts and prayers, and those of my family and colleagues are with her and her family...

...Let me be clear; those who fan the flames of extremism in our country are cowards. Those who commit extremist actions are monsters. The individual or group of individuals who mailed these horrific devices around Tian'an claim to be 'martyr's of the Republic' and yet they fear democratic debate, such as that which is being undertaken across our country with regard to the monarchy. I call on all members to denounce such disgraceful violence immediately as we recommit ourselves to peaceful discourse...

...If these attacks have made anything clear it is that our nation needs stability. For this reason, I have decided after the counsel of my Lotus Party colleagues that I will not stand for the election of Chancellor in the upcoming November election. We must put nation before party, and Indrala cannot afford to continually dissolve and elect brand new governments. In addition, Ms. Feng has committed to proposing changes to our constitution, which we have not seen yet. Given the current political climate, it is essential that these proposals be put to the house. We will have more to say on this topic in the coming weeks and months...

...My dear friends, we must love each other, and have faith that when we unite together, our best days are yet to come. The way to beat these negative, divisive forces is with a positive vision that brings Indralans together and builds connections across every corner of this country, for it is these connections that banish cynicism and offer hope and purpose. Thank you.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:42 pm

Song Yi Denounces Terror Attacks
Saddened by recent attacks, leader of the Greens calls for peace and unity across the country

[Tian'an]: Song Yi was mournful this afternoon as a group that is loosely associated with her party claimed responsibility for the acid attacks that swept the nation. She was in tears as she called for peace, unity and cooperation among citizens.
We are all one people. One nation. One home. I will fight vigorously for people, but as soon as we harm one another, we must look ourselves in the mirror and ask why.

Song Yi spent much of the press conference fielding questions about the attacks, but she turned her focus on the election that she claims will "change the nation"
This election will change our nation. I have confidence that this election will produce a dramatically different result from any election we've ever seen before. We have achieved a great many victories for our people as a seatless opposition party, and I can't wait to see what happens when our party sits in the National Conference as a unified caucus. Of course our goal is government, it always has been. But at this point in time we seek cooperation over anything else.

When asked about the split in her party, she had this to say:
Some may see the Greens as a party with issues, as Chen Ruogang rallies his aggressive and unpatriotic troops to fight against my colleagues and I. But I assure you that there is a strong voice for those of us with hearts in our party. The people will elect Greens to the National Conference this November. After that, we will deal with the future of our party and my leadership at our national convention. Whether or not we continue to fight for working mothers and fathers as Greens is unknown, and whether or not I spearhead that fight is unknown. But rest assured the people I founded this party with, the people I hold dear to my heart will always fight for the best interest of Indralans. We cannot let violence distract us from the real issues that our people face every day. We cannot let them win.

A loud clap of thunder shook the ground of the capital and as lightning struck the needles of tall towers, Song Yi was prudently rushed into a black car and whisked away by her security. Dark days seem to be forthcoming in the capital of Indrala, but only time will tell what lies ahead.

More to come...
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Shi Yawen Institute for Democracy Studies 4272 Democracy Index Making Waves
Findings published by the Institute have been the topic of discussion around the world
KAIZHOU, JIAOZHI - 19 November 4274

The Shi Yawen Institute for Democracy Studies released its 4272 Democracy Index last week, after two years of research by Dr. Shen Biming. The international response has been mostly positive, however, a few nations have voiced disagreement with the report's findings. The Government of Barmenistan (scored 5.42, classified as low by Dr. Shen) has banned the publication of any materials by the Shi Yawen Institute, accusing the study of being anti-Jelbic, given the low ranking of fellow Jelbic nations Vanuku and Jelbania. Dr. Shen issued a statement in regard to these accusations:
The 4272 Democracy Index was derived from empirical evidence and calculated through a weighted mathematical formula. There was no possibility of ethnic-biasing. I stand by the results of the study. In fact, that the Government of Barmenistan is banning the publication of the study may be further evidence of its position on the table. There is an active war against democracy in Barmenistan.

Meanwhile, the governments of Selucia and Aloria have embraced the findings of the report, both of which ranked highly in the Democracy Index. The exiled leader of the Pontesian opposition, (Pontesia ranked bottom of the list) used the Index to attack the current regime in power in Pontesia.

Given the recent international acclaim awarded to the Shi Yawen Institute for Democracy Studies, it has been rumoured that the Chair of the Board of Kaizhou National University has been discussing a potential merger with the Institute, although representatives for either institution have not responded to requests for comment.

Read the Shi Yawen Institute for Democracy Studies 4272 Democracy Index below:
http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?p=121483#p121483
Last edited by Wu Han on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:14 am

Election Delivers Divisive Result
Questions loom after election, leaving the National Conference divided into thirds
TIAN'AN, HAN - 10 November 4274

National Conference Composition following the election

Big questions hang over the Tian'an following the election last night which shattered Feng Xinyue's majority into a fragmented minority legislature, with each party holding approximately a third of the seats. The biggest winner of the night was Huang Zitao's Lotus Party, which gained the largest number of seats despite Huang's decision to stand down from the race for the Chancellery. Speaking to media at the National Conference, Huang announced his plans moving forward:
The Lotus Party will support the Nationalist government, led by the Chancellor, through confidence and supply for a minimum of two years, providing enough time for the Nationalists to put forward their Constitutional Reforms to the Conference. Should the government fail to do so within two years, our party will dissolve the government. To be clear, this is not a coalition, but a conditional agreement.

While the pro-monarchist parties (Lotus, Nationalist) were able to maintain a constitutional majority of two-thirds, their strength moving forward has been seriously tested by Song Yi's Greens, the only republican party in the Conference, which gained an impressive 211 seats in their first general election.
Last edited by Wu Han on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:36 pm

Song Yi Loses Confidence of Party, Leadership Campaign Begins
Greens rebrand, retool party

(Top to bottom: Deng Jia, Xuan Shuren, Song Yi, Chen Ruogang)

[Rural Shu Province]: Silence filled the Agricultural Conference Centre in Shu Province as Song Yi lost a leadership review vote with 57% opposed and 43% supportive of her leadership. A leadership campaign has begun with four candidates throwing their names in the hat.

The first to declare their candidacy was Chen Ruogang, the outspoken Internal Affairs critic who claimed he would end Song Yi’s leadership “by any means necessary.” He enters this race with the support of the Agro-Alliance wing of the party who have called for Song Yi to resign since she passed her first bill. Mr. Chen has said he will outlaw nobles and purge Tian’an of all politicians who have “conspired with royal scum.” He also wants to make soliciting prostitution a crime punishable by death.

Immediately after, Song Yi came on to the stage and declared she would run to claim her positon as leader back. Talking about Chen Ruogang, she said that she will “pull down his pants so all the world can see what a little man he is.” She also wants to work with the Lotus and Nationalist parties on several issues, as opposed to Ruogang’s partisan approach. Song Yi demanded that the party modernize and focus on the issues that unite, rather than divide the party membership.

A new face to the Greens is Deng Jia, a lifelong orphan whose parents were victims of famine. She enters this race with a vision of progressive policies and government programs to relieve families of “the burden of capitalism.” Her campaign pitch included a ballet dance as well as numerous guest speakers from various non-profits and NGOs. Her only connection to the party is that her foster parents were dedicated rice farmers and friends of Song Yi’s mother and father.

The final candidate to enter the race is Xuan Shuren, the Justice critic for the Greens. He is a party loyalist with deep roots in the agricultural sector, as well as the justice department. Having served as a lawyer for the energy and agricultural industries, Mr. Shuren is an experienced champion for the private sector. He has proposed large cuts in government spending and wants to focus on maintaining the republic. He has made sure to reiterate his commitment to the environmentalist principles that founded the Greens, however he sees a new direction for the party that differs from the “soft” approach of Song Yi.

The other development from the Greens’ Convention is the vote that changed the identity of the party. Members voted overwhelmingly to refocus and rename the party in order to defend the republic. Along with rewriting their constitution, the Greens have decided to call themselves the “Republicans” which is a sure indicator of the political climate within Indrala. The Republicans have released their 10-point policy platform, as well as a new party logo. Republicans will vote for their new leader in Fall of 4275.

More to come…
Last edited by TreeHugger on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TreeHugger

Postby TreeHugger » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:51 am

TRAGEDY SWEEPS INDRALA
Republicans’ leadership debate turns into the most tragic political event in decades

distressed and in disbelief, Republican party members sob outside of the Agro Alliance Conference Centre

[Rural Shu Province]: Just as Republicans were about to start their final leadership debate, National Police stormed the Agro Alliance Conference Centre in Rural Shu province, arresting Chen Ruogang on stage. Earlier that day, Song Yi had not arrived for the pre-debate press conference and was nowhere to be found. Fearing the worst, party members searched all her favourite shops in the local towns, hoping to find her simply caught up in a conversation with local Indralans, but their efforts proved to be worthless. The National Police was notified and they immediately began a province wide search, raiding properties and collecting witnesses as they followed the trail of tire marks on asphalt and bullet casings in the mud. The trail eventually led to the farm Song Yi once called home with her parents before they filed for bankruptcy due to the insurmountable price of their mortgage. The current resident, a widow named Tung Lee, locked herself in her house and set the cattle free. Beyond the farmhouse, a foreign import tractor was seen flipped on its side. Upon further inspection, all that could be seen was a few fingers pointing up from the dirt. Beneath the soil that was once the seed of Song Yi’s political career was her dead body, sewn to eternity. Turns out that Ruogang’s hitmen chased Song Yi into the countryside, firing bullets at her motorcade until she eventually blew a tire and crashed into a rice field. Then, the hitmen chased her with a tractor and eventually ran her over. They attempted to bury her body but were unsuccessful as they rushed to flee the scene.

Back at the leadership debate, Ruogang violently fought back at police and pulled out an illegal firearm, killing one police officer and injuring two more. Eventually, Ruogang himself was immobilized by a bullet through his chest, which in autopsy was discovered to have gone straight through his heart. All 584 members of the Agro-Alliance are now under investigation for conspiring to kill a member of the state. The leadership debate was subsequently cancelled due to the death of two of the candidates, as well as the arrest of nearly half the attending party members.

A memorial has yet to be planned for Song Yi, however there are rumours that she will receive a state funeral. In the meantime, Republican members of the National Conference have all taken time to be at home with their families, and will not be voting or debating any legislation for the foreseeable future.

“Those with black hearts have dark souls, and dark souls never go to heaven”
– Song Yi 4221–4275
TreeHugger

PreviousNext

Return to National News