Hulstria and Gao-Soto

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: The Hulstrian Chronicle - Die Hulstrian Chronik

Postby stuntmonkey » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:17 pm

HULSTRIAN TROOPS TAKE UP MORE SECURE DEFENSIVE POSITION IN CENTRAL OSTLAND

Heading south... units of the 2. Armoured Division cause traffic chaos as they make their way towards Wolfsheim.

Hulstrian armed forces have withdrawn from Northern Ostland with immediate effect.

Around a quarter of the nation's territory has been abandoned as the Reichsheer looks for a more secure defensive line to protect Wolfsheim. It means the 2. Armoured Division has fallen back from its long-established position on the border with Kazulia to take up a new position some 50 miles north of the Ostland capital.

Reports have come in that the withdrawing troops have used scorched earth tactics as they move to limit resources left to any advancing enemy forces, who are expected to launch a multi-front attack within weeks.

Commander of the Hulstrian Forces in Ostland, Lieutenant-General Maximilian Strauber said: "We have taken up a new much more defensible position which also safeguards our lines of communication with the Imperial High Command.

"It also provides us with a much better position from which to defend against a multi-front assault should that come our way and allows for more troops to reinforce our position, support and advance or cover a withdrawal."
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby RedReaper » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:01 pm

COMMUNIST REBELS BEGIN ASSAULT-SECURE PERIMETER OF MANSTEIN
Exclusive Image Of Communist Rebels Taken Before Their Just Deaths

The Volksarmee Des Volksstaates Hulsterreich has made new gains in the Hulstrian province, securing the occupied city of Manstein.

Malivian bombings allowed the Communists to secure the city in late July this year, with subsequent gains made to the North and East.

Hulstrian troops continue their policy of using scorched Earth tactics to slow the Communist rebel advance, much of Manstein was left in ruin in July when the final Reichswehr troops withdrew from the city.

Numerous reports of Communist executions of captured Hulstrian Officers have led to heavy retaliations by Hulstrian troops on the local Class C inhabitance, with mass hangings and shootings.

Current estimates for military deaths in the region have recently passed the 2000 mark, prompting reserves to be sent to the front in a bid to crush the so called 'Volksstaat' once and for all.
RedReaper

Postby stuntmonkey » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:59 am

COUNTERSTRIKE - NIMITZ ORDERS ALL-OUT ASSAULT ON THE ENEMY

Hulstrian armed forces begin their attack.

Hulstrian armed forces have launched a series of counter strikes against multiple enemies after Reichskanzler Leopold Nimitz ordered his generals to go on the offensive.

In Ostland, the 2. Armoured Division, the 5. Mechanised Division and the 16. Greater Hulstrian Division, supported by two rapidly formed conscript infantry divisions, have halted their withdrawal and launched an attack against the Hutorian and Kazulian troops advancing through the north of the country.

In the south east of Hulstria, the 3. Mechanised Division supported by two Greater Hulstrian divisions have launched a counter attack to try to force communist troops out of the city of Manstein.

While in the north and east, the 3. Special Infantry division, the 6. Greater Hulstrian Division and the 9. Infantry division have launched a savage counterattack against Septembrist units who were preparing to attack cities in the Principality of Hulstria. Reports have come in of both barrel bombs being dropped and chemical warfare being employed against the Septembrists in a bid to flush them out of the mountainous region they occupy.

Meanwhile, around 100,000 men have fortified positions on the Hulstro-Kazulian border and another 50,000 have repaired and re-manned defences on the infamous Heinrich line, which was used to stop the Kazulian advance during the bitter conflict 40 years ago.

In addition, approximately 100,000 men are now in place in static coastal defence position to ward against an amphibious assault and a large reserve has been gathered around the capital Karstadt centred on the 1. Armoured Division. In total, Hulstria has around 500,000 regulars and reserves full mobilised and prepared for battle.

Reichskanzler Leopold Nimitz said: "As predicted, the pathetic enemy has overstretched itself in Ostland and is now vulnerable to counter attack. Therefore we will hit them with the fire and hell fury that Hulstria is capable of. We will fight to the last man if we must but I am confident this counterattack will remove the enemy before they have concentrated their strength or brought in other allies."

The decision is seen as a "do or die" move for Herr Nimitz. Rumours are gathering that he will face a new leadership challenge in the spring and if the attacks go badly it could lead to support for him fading away.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby Martinulus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:52 pm

Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby stuntmonkey » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:49 pm

VICTORY FOR NIMITZ - BUT OPPOSITION GROWS IN STRENGTH

Defiant in the face of adversity - Reichskanzler Leopold Nimitz

Leopold Nimitz has proclaimed a "great victory" after emerging on top after a ruthless leadership contest.

Many party members, who had become dispirited by Nimitz's autocratic leadership and the way he is conducting the war, grouped together to challenge him head on.

But in a close-run battle Nimitz' loyalists emerged as the biggest single group in the party, and with support from the closely-aligned Schwarze Faction, Nimitz can still command a majority within the single ruling Hulstrian Party.

Nevertheless, at least one faction remains openly hostile, with Theophilus von Geraniengau, leader of the Moderates, actually resigning from the party to openly join the Septembrist Movement and fight for their cause.

Nimitz said: "Once again, my leadership has been challenged. Once again I emerge leader of Hulstria. There are many who would betray me, the direction of this party and this country. Some others who would sue for peace with the enemy and form into large near-opposition party factions to fight my policy making decisions. This is high treason!

He added: "This is not the time for division. I hail my supporters and thank them for delivering a great victory for me. Now, we must send a message to our enemies - leave our territory or face the most bloody consequences imaginable. I will never surrender!"

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby Martinulus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:23 am

Martinulus

Postby stuntmonkey » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:29 pm

HARDLINE APPROACH FOLLOWING PARTY BETRAYAL BY 'IGNOBLE' VON GERANIENGAU

No stone unturned... suspected Septembrist sympathisers are interrogated as part of the new crackdown.

Reichskanzler Leopold Nimitz has paved the way for police and secret service personnel to use torture at their discretion - as part of his wider plan to track down the infamous Theophilus von Geraniengau.

Von Geraniengau quit the party following Nimitz's narrow leadership win and then sent him a bitter letter revealing the true extent of his contempt. It was then confirmed he had resurfaced as the deputy leader and interior minister of the illegal Septembrist government.

In an angry response Nimitz said he would give his intelligence agents the powers to torture Septembrist prisoners in an attempt to locate the traitor and his cronies. He also seized von Geraniengau's bank accounts and other assets and arrested all members of his extended family who could be tracked down.

Finally, Herr Nimitz proclaimed that for every day his former ally-turned-adversary did not hand himself in and face up to his crimes, a Septembrist sympathiser would be executed. This number would rise to 10 a day in three months.

Nimitz told Party members: "This scum has betrayed the Party and sold his country to the rebels and opened the door for Kazulians and their allies to invade from the north. He may well have signed the death warrants of tens of thousands of our soldiers on the front. He is without doubt the most ignoble c**t I have ever encountered!"

He added: "He must learn that obedience to the Party and loyalty to his country is not something he can just walk away from."

After outlining his plans to hunt him down, Herr Nimitz said: "Let this be a warning to any other members of the Party who is doubting where their loyalties lie - fall in line or face the consequences."

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby Martinulus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:13 pm

Martinulus

Postby RedReaper » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:59 pm

RedReaper