Hulstria and Gao-Soto

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: The Hulstrian Chronicle - Die Hulstrian Chronik

Postby Martinulus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:07 pm

Septembrist Traitors stoke up intervention fever abroad
Did Fat Cat "Graf Michels" Bribe Delegates?

The traitorous leader of the Septembrist diaspora, the so-called Graf Michels, was seen at World Congress Headquarters meeting with the international community

World Congress - Even as the heroic security forces crushed a pitiful protest by the race-traitorous and seditious "Fifteenth of September Movement" to spread their weak and un-Dundorfian ideology by disturbing the glorious performance of the national anthem, the internationalist sect seems to be on the move. The Chairman of this so-called movement, financial fat cat Hubert Michels, who presumes to style himself by the title "Graf Michels von Bad Phönixspring" (wherever that may be), was seen meeting with the meddling influence peddlers of the World Congress trying to get support for his cause.

Is it coincidence that the World Congress is considering an unfair and mischaracterised assault on our nation's integrity? We think not! A rich and influential man on a mission like the misguided Hubert Michels, even with his ill-gotten assets in the Heimatland duly confiscated, must only find a hearing through the most low-character methods, buying influence for his family's vendetta against everything Dundorfian in our national culture, which saw the fall of Greater Hulstria after centuries of prosperity.

It is the opinion of this newspaper that an international arrest warrant and his immediate extradition is the only way to deal with the seditious and criminal acts of Graf Michels and the other "Septembrists" who threaten the stability of the state from abroad with their nefarious agenda.

(OOC: Of course, all lies. But since we're in a totalitarian regime and those with a little history knowledge from before the regime know how Septembrism has historically had a habit of toppling dictatorships in the Crownlands, I'm sure this smear campaign is warranted. Hope the resident players don't mind; I tried to keep up with the totalitarian regime trying to rewrite history thing you got going, such as the claim that Septembrism toppled Greater Hulstria, conveniently overlooking a Fascist regime)
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby stuntmonkey » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:17 pm

REICHSKANZLER NIMITZ CALLS FOR VOTE ON HIS LEADERSHIP IN AN ATTEMPT TO UNITE THE PARTY

Gambling with his future - a pensive Herr Nimitz waits to hear the outcome of the vote on his leadership.

Reichskanzler Leopold Nimitz, under pressure from senior members of his party, has called for a vote on his leadership so he can drive the party forward.

With external and internal threats, pressure has been building on Herr Nimitz's ability to govern, and so he has been forced to put his fate in the hands of the 75 leading party members.

He says his primary aim is to be given a clear mandate to lead but also announced he will form a unity cabinet from among the five factions of the party, which have become more divided recently.

He said: "We must work together as we fight threats within and without - the threat of violence from elements of the international community, the scourge of communism and the new Septembrist uprisings. Only as a unified party can we overcome and be ready for the battle ahead."

It is believed the decision came after a crunch meeting with Foreign Secretary Albrecht Kohl (Nimitz's deputy), Defence Minister General von Thaller and at least one other Party faction head.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby stuntmonkey » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:39 pm

NIMITZ HOLDS ON TO POWER BUT LEADERSHIP VOTE SEES RISE IN SUPPORT FOR RADICAL FACTION

Reichskanzler Nimitz, right, celebrates his leadership victory with a loyal supporter - guaranteeing him six more years at the head of the ruling party.

Under pressure Reichskanzler Leopold Nimitz has emerged victorious in his risky leadership contest - but his total grip on the reins of power have slipped somewhat.

He received 46 out of the 75 votes cast - around 64 per cent of members' support. However, a growing number of party members threw their support behind the leader of the Party's Radical Faction, Heinrich Sholz, who stood on a platform of radical populism, social democracy and also has a mnuch more secular stance.

It means that Herr Nimitz can still pass laws at will but has to work with Party Member Sholz and his supporters on constitutional matters.

The Reichskanzler said: "This clearly shows that despite the talk of factions and the party splitting asunder I still have total control. I pledged to form a unity cabinet and that is what I intend to do, so I will invite Herr Sholz and colleagues into my cabinet and together we will drive the country forward."

We have many plans, both in Hulstria where we will continue our crackdown on undesirable elements and in our new found interests in Ostland and beyond... it is now time for action on all fronts."
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby stuntmonkey » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:01 am

HULSTRIAN ADVANCE IN NEW VERHAM HALTED AS REICHSKANZLER'S PLANS REJECTED BY PARTY COLLEAGUES

Hulstrian troops advancing into North Verham have been stopped in their tracks after more than a third of party members refused to back Chancellor Leopold Nimitz's plans for invasion and occupation.

Herr Nimitz suffered a massive blow after asking for backing for his plans to permanently intervene in North Verham to stop the flow of plague carrying migrants heading north into Ostland and, subsequently, Hulstria.

Imperial Crownlands troops looked set to continue their progress which had encountered very little resistance until the embarrassing vote became the main stumbling block. Without the 2/3rds majority needed to prosecute the war, the Reichskanzler does not have the constitutional right to continue with the intervention. He has now been forced to order the withdrawal of troops back to the border.

However, in an angry exchange with ruling party colleagues in the Reichstag he said: "Without the full support of this government, I cannot continue with this intervention and I will call on our troops to advance no further and look to withdraw in good order.

However, when the chaos ensues once more and the plague and other diseases once again threatens Hulstria and Ostland I will remind you of this moment."

It is seen as another blow for Herr Nimitz whose support has become gradually eroded and undermined by factions appearing in the Party.

New Verham President Gisela van Barragat said she believed it to be a momentary halt in the invasion and, once again, called on the international community to send military aid and other support to block a new offensive.

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby Martinulus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:09 pm

WARNING: Report fake September Day celebrations immediately

Government officials have given an official warning to citizens to be on their guard for clandestine September Day celebrations organised by the seditious 15th of September Movement after reports surfaced that the illegal and dangerous party was issuing invitations to events dishonouring the foundation day of the Party with their own bastardised myth of a protest march in 3411. Calls to gather for a silent march to the place where this so-called massacre occurred centuries ago were considered particularly tasteless by party officials in Karlstadt, or as the Septembrists are falsely calling the capital, "Kien". The Handenberg Constabulary warned that anyone attempting to participate in such events would be considered seditious.

In order to more effectively counter this baseless disturbance of our national holiday, the police requests all loyal citizens to report any suspicious behaviour on or around the 15th of September immediately so that the pernicious Septembrists may be rooted out. Citizens are requested in particular to be on the lookout for the following:
- The use of the so-called "Union Flag", coloured Purple, Green and White, with the Hulstrian coat of arms defaced by some mongrel Gishotoi symbol supposedly representing heaven.
- The circulation of false lyrics to the National Anthem, which contain references to a Mikado and the existence of a nation known as Gao-Soto, as well as a wholly unappropriate version of the party motto. Septembrists claim the anthem applies to their movement, which is of course impossible given that they only surfaced a few years ago.
- Gatherings near the statue of Graf Nicholas von Purenhalten, whom they believe is actually "Thomas, Graf Michels", who in their fake account of history authored a Constitution.
- Attempts to deface monuments honouring the foundation of the Party, ostensibly to "bring them back to their old condition".
- Mixed crowds containing multiple classes of citizens, particularly those in which pure Hulstrians fraternise with Gishotoi.

If you see any of these signs, report them immediately to the police. All those aiding and abetting sedition will be dealt with most severely.

Martinulus

Postby Martinulus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:11 pm

Von Geraniengau: Shut up and fall in behind Nimitz

Prominent party member Theophilus von Geraniengau dismissed rumours that he is at odds with Nimitz as a Communist fabrication

As rumours on tensions within the party intensify, prominent party member Theophilus, Freiherr von Geraniengau, denied most forcefully any claims of a rift between him and Reichskanzler Nimitz. Following the release online of clearly doctored footage of a Reichstag session which saw the Reichskanzler shaking with rage following what appeared to be an intervention by Geraniengau against the intended policy to ferret out homosexuals from the armed forces, rumours had intensified that the Reichskanzler was increasingly at odds with members of the party leadership, including a so-called "moderate faction" surrounding the 51-year old aristocrat.

Speaking to reporters today, Freiherr von Geraniengau told the nation to stop speculating about the unity of the party. A transcript of the exchange with a reporter from this paper is reproduced below:

Reporter: Herr von Geraniengau, does the recent debate on the army signify that the party is divided?

Von Geraniengau: Nonsense. The party is not and has never been divided. I have never suggested anything but support for the policies proposed by Reichskanzler Nimitz.

Reporter: Are there Communist sympathisers within the party?

Von Geraniengau: Don't be absurd. I won't even entertain the suggestions you make.

Reporter: So the party is all behind the Reichskanzler?

Von Geraniengau: Shut up. I tire of this. Of course we're all behind the Reichskanzler. I suggest everyone shuts up and falls in behind Herr Nimitz. And if you say one further word to the contrary, I would not be surprised if you get an invitation to talk to the Reichsmedienkommissariat. This kind of questioning gets us nowhere - we must all demonstrate the support for the government that we know broadly exists. If there's nothing else? I have a rather important committee meeting to attend. Gutenabend, meine Herren.

Martinulus

Postby Martinulus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Martinulus

PreviousNext

Return to National News