Jakania

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Jakanian News Network [JNN]

Postby Jaguar » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:09 pm

UNITED JAKANIA GONE, JAKANIAN EMPIRE ESTABLISHED
Royal Family of Al Amun

In the early hours of 23 December 3165 , Syed I Al Amun, the Supreme Governor of the Supreme Council, announced on television that United Jakania is no more.

Jakania becomes the world's newest monarchy when the military coup voted on Friday to abolish Jakania's hundreds-years-old democratic government in favour of a monarchical system.

"We have entered a new era today, an era that will last for a billion years" Syed I Al Amun declared.

Syed I has declared that he will become Sultan and that the Al Amun family will become the royal household of Jakania. The legislative assembly will be renamed from "Supreme Council," to "Imperial Parliament." With no legislative powers given, members of the the parliament will be singly hand picked by the Sultan himself. Legislation will be made through Royal decree. A new constitution will also be drafted soon to make things clear.

Syed I has sent Ambassador, Aadil Al Amun to Kafuristan to commence diplomatic deals between their two nations. In hopes of strengthening the newly founded Royal Household.

Intellectuals in Jakania have argued, that the Jakanian Empire's government is an authoritarian regime, that absence of national elections and political parties, will cause distress amongst the people of Jakania. Currently, people who are protesting on the streets of Jakania are subjected to police brutality.

Military in Wakanda (Capital City)

People using violence as retaliation against police brutality.
Countries I play:
Jakania: Online
Talmoria: Offline
Indrala: Offline

Wikipedia:
History of Jakania: Hiatus
History of Talmoria: Hiatus
Communist Party of Indrala: Hiatus
Jaguar

Postby Jaguar » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Tuesday, September 3167
INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY OF TERRA A DISGRACE
Emir Aadil Al Amun a supporter of democracy

Monday, September 3167.
Officers fired an semi-automatic weapon to break up trouble between groups of nationalist and loyalist youths on the streets of Wakanda. Supporters of democracy and absolute monarchy clashed and broke into violence. Forcing the police to use unconventional ways to break the fight.

A meeting was held in the Imperial Palace of Wakanda, to talk about the increase of violence and riots in Jakania.

"Police said up to 12,000 people were involved in the Monday night's demonstration, there were also 500 people slaughtered during the firing. Yet the International Community has ignored in addressing the massacres in Jakania," Emir Aadil Al Amun, Minister of Foreign Affiars and supporter of democracy said.

"Our country is caught in the spotlight of disorder and monarchical hatred, and in times like this, violence is always the answer," the Ministry of Defence said.

Emir Sharia Al Amun, minister of Defence

"So what brother, Sharia? You do not have the right to use violence against innocent civilians, they were unarmed, you could've at least used plastic bullets" argued Aadil Al Amun.

"Jakania is where rights are never acknowledged, and it will stay that way, whether you like it or not!" replied the Ministry of Defence.

Aadil Al Amun later stated after the meeting,

"The International Community is so busy on the matters regarding the "Likatonia -Kalopia Conflict" that Jakania is left suffering by my cousin's dictatorial regime,I shouldn't have supported my family!!!"

"The INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY IS A DISGRACE!" added Aadil Al Amun

Emir Aadil Al Amun also added that the use of REAL bullets was "completely unjustified" and that he has requested for his resignation as Minister of Foreign Affairs, to disassociate himself from his Cousin's regime. His request was shortly denied.

The sultan ignored the incident and approved of the continuing violence in Jakania to stop Democracy.
His Gracious Sultan instead acknowledged the "Likatonia-Kalopia Conflict" he said,

"In the world of politics, its all about latent perfidious schemes."
Countries I play:

Wikipedia:
Jaguar

Postby KD21 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:00 am

UJDP To Reform

Sonhata - The United Jakania Democratic Party, formerly the nations largest and longest serving Party, is to be reformed it has been announced. The Party abruptly disbanded five years ago following the death of Christopher Davidson, but now his son Nicholas believes the Nation now needs the Party more than ever. Speaking exclusively to the JNN Mr Davidson had this to say:

'The UJDP has existed in this country for over seven centuries. Seven. We have at times ruled independently and at times with others - but more often than not we have changed this country for the better. The new 'Jakanian Empire' is not what my father, nor my ancestors, nor the people of Jakania envisioned and it is this more than any other reason we have reformed - to take back the country for the people. The nation has always had a freely elected Head of State and we will look to return the nation to its glory days.'

Nicholas Davidson announces the reformation of the UJDP
KD21

Postby Jaguar » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Jakanian military mobilised and martial law declared amid Likatonia-Kalopia Crisis

Wakanda, Nilaka
The recent events regarding the Likatonia-Kalopia Crisis has proven to be a threat for the Jakanian Empire. Fearing for economic isolation and further civil unrest, the Jakanian government was forced to mobilise the entire military to ensure the safety of Jakania's citizens and its economy. Also to declare martial law due to increase violence and riots.

Having an industrialised, near-autarkic, highly centralized command economy, with an almost entirely government-planned, state-owned economy for nearly 10 years. It had left the Jakanian government to solely rely on Kafuri goods to stabilize the economy of Jakania. The economy is a priority for the Jakanian government, without a stabilized economy, Jakania's current regime will collapse within days. A matter to be pondered carefully by the government and to be taken seriously as civil unrest is at its peak.

A Government Official announced,
"The current Jakanian government does not want to get involved with the Likatonia-Kalopia Crisis since Jakania is suffering from civil unrest. Intellectuals have yet again argued that if the military were to be sent to Kafuristan to ensure safe passage of Kafuri goods, civil war will become a probability. The UJDP is becoming a threat to Jakania...... Fortunately, given the current situation the sultan will not make a move but will keep an close eye.

For now...... citizens, are to be warned to keep their houses locked as the military have been given permission to shoot anyone on sight, found wandering on the streets of Wakanda."

Countries I play:

Wikipedia:
Jaguar

Postby Jaguar » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:45 am

Imperial Parliament Scorns Military Attacks Against Its Ally Kafuristan
Hejaz Al Amun Speaker of the Imperial Parliament

February 3173
Jakania’s Imperial Parliament heaped fresh scorn on military attacks by the Cildania, Telamon and others against Kafuristan. Members of the Imperial Parliament today released a statement saying that Jakania will have to get involve in this war or fear economic isolation and further civil unrest. Also its mobilised army are becoming a cumbersome budget for the Jakanian Empire.

The speaker, Hejaz Al Amun released a statement in response saying,
" Our army are inexperienced and not heavily equipped, we may have a large army but they are only forced to join. Many are not fit for action and not willing to fight for our cause. There is also a high chance that mutiny may occur during the war. I suggest to wait and just send whatever military supplies we have to Kafuristan. We could increase the tax to the point where our citizens can no longer afford their basic needs. To accommodate the budget of course. "

Hejaz Al Amun later added, "The Jakanian Empire supports Kafuristan but we will have to wait for the Sultan's decision to help out militarily or wait."
Countries I play:

Wikipedia:
Jaguar

Postby LNRulez01 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:47 pm

Likatonian Embassies in Al'Badara and Jakania bombed. AAPK militants claim responsibility.

WAKANDA-- Two massive bombs exploded minutes apart outside the Likatonian Embassies in Al'Badara and Jakania today, , in what officials said were coordinated terrorist attacks.

In Bier Qassem, the capitol of Al'Badara, an enormous explosion ripped through downtown at about 09:35 a.m., turning the busy Sultan Ameen I Avenue into a scene of carnage and destruction. The blast, which leveled a three-story building containing a secretarial school and gutted the rear half of the Likatonian Embassy next door.

Just minutes before, a bomb reportedly planted in a gasoline tanker detonated near the front entrance of the Likatonian Embassy in the Jakanian capital of Wakanda. The blast destroyed the front of the building and toppled a side wall, throwing charred debris down the street, setting cars on fire and toppling trees.

Witnesses in both Bier Qassem and Wakanda said the explosions, where preceded by smaller blasts, perhaps grenades, and gunfire.

Officials said they believed the bombings were a terrorist attack. Although officials did not identify any suspects, the newspaper Ranz'riah Kafuri Press -- based in Lehonti, Kafuristan -- reported that it had received a call claiming responsibility for the bombings from the Abadi Army for the Protection of Kafuristan (AAPK, a militant group based in Kafuristan. The same group claimed responsibility for the kidnapping of four foreign nationals from a hotel in the Kafuri capitol of Lehonti. The AAPK claimed that the attack was an retaliation for the ongoing assault on Kafuristan by the Likatonian Armed Forces and their allies.

OOC: I did not mention any casualty numbers in this post, i will leave the number of Likatonian dead and injured to MapleUnity and those of Al'Badara and Jakania to the respective players of Al'Badara and Jakania. I will also post this in the national papers of Likatonia, Al'Badara and Jakania.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Jaguar » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:58 pm

Jakania Bans Likatonian Ambassadors

The bombing of Likatonian Embassies in Jakania has forced the Government to ban Likatonian ambassadors and the demolishing of all embassies situated in Jakania except Kafuristan's embassies.

The secret police (Sultan's Police) conducted investigations in these affected areas of the bombing and identified four men, believed to be followers of AAPK, the blasts killed 100 people, including 5 Likatonian Ambassadors. Some 600 people were injured.

4 leading UJDP members are believed to be connected with the AAPK, all have been found guilty and sentenced to execution by firing squad, for their roles in the bombing of Likatonian embassies in Jakania . Emir Aadil Al Amun later released a statement, "Troubles lie ahead and we must prepare for what is too come, I doubt those convicted UJDP members were associated with the AAPK, just an excuse to eliminate the leading UJDP members I guess."

Jakania's government say they intend to preserve the relations between Kafuristan and Jakania, and will not ask reparations from Kafuristan but hold them responsible for the bombing.
Countries I play:

Wikipedia:
Jaguar

Postby Jaguar » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:21 pm

Jakania Marks 14th Anniversary of the Establishment of the Jakanian Empire

December 3179
Jakania celebrates its 14th anniversary since the founding of the Jakanian Empire in 3165, Wakanda held one of its largest military parades, to mark the establishment of the monarchy and empire.

Millions of military reserves and thousands of active personnels marched in Wakanda to celebrate the occasion, seen as a triumph over democracy and victory for absolutisim.

Jakania's economy has stabilized over the past 7 years and its unrest have decreased, giving the Jakanian government a reason to spend a great celebration to remember for a thousand years.
Countries I play:

Wikipedia:
Jaguar

Postby KD21 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Davidson Announces 'One More Heave' Approach

Miamo - Nicholas Davidson, Leader of the UJDP, today announced his Parties main goal; to chip away at the SMP's super-majority in a 'one more heave' approach. This entails using each election as the focus point for the next, instead of basing results on an win-lose situation. The Party are sitting at 27 seats with 14.07% of the vote - as of the next election anything higher than this is considered to be a success. Mr Davidson will adopt this policy until the Party can make a final push for Government; hoping to return the Nation to becoming a Republic once more.
KD21

Postby KD21 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:58 pm

The Republic Strikes Back!
Empire Overthrown - Third Republic Announced!

Miamo, Sonhata - The United Jakania Democratic Party were in a buoyant mood after an astonishing election victory. Many Party officials and political commentators expected it would take several decades for the Party to be in a position to re-establishing a Republic. However, the voters returned to the Party in droves giving them 206 seats to the SMPS 44 and allowing the Party to immediately introduce a Bill to bring an end to 18 years of the Sultans rule. Nicholas Davidson gave a short statement in the Supreme Council:

'On this glorious day, we shall see the Empire crumble before democracy - an end to this despotic system and the Country become a Republic once more!'

The second priority of the new Republic will be to repair foreign relations damaged during the years of the Empire

UJDP Supporters at Victory Rally
KD21

PreviousNext

Return to National News