Jakania

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Jakanian News Network [JNN]

Postby Jaguar » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:55 pm

Imperial Parliament Refuses To Step Down
Imperial Parliament Votes to stay in power

Sultan Syed I has accused the UJDP of "cheating in the elections", and insisted that they will not allow themselves be overthrown after having ruled the country for 18 years. Syed I stated that national elections were banned in the year 3165 and that this election was completely "informal" and "illegal" and "unrecognized" by the government.

Wakanda is now heavily defended by pro-Syed supporters. Local authorities of Bogendo, Sonhata and Borneu have now defected to UJDP after hearing the election results and recognizing them as the legitimate government.
Countries I play:
Jakania: Online
Talmoria: Offline
Indrala: Offline

Wikipedia:
History of Jakania: Hiatus
History of Talmoria: Hiatus
Communist Party of Indrala: Hiatus
Jaguar

Postby KD21 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:24 pm

UJDP mobilize in Sonhata - Call on International Community Support

Miamo, Sonhata- UJDP Leader Nicholas Davidson tonight made a plea to the International Community, particularly his fellow Majartans to come to the aid of Jakania. In his statement he had the following to say:

'Ladies and Gentlemen, it is with great sadness the UJDP has had to mobilize its paramilitary wing this evening. While I pray that they do not have to resort to violence they are now securing key locations throughout the country, including our Party headquarters and the homes of the recently appointed Cabinet ministers. This course of action had to be taken as the democratic will of the people is being undermined by the now overthrown Monarchists. The people of Jakania, having backed this Party to lead them, have now found their votes unrecognised by the former regime who have called the result illegal. I now call upon all of Terra, but most importantly to our friends in Majarta, help us in our moment of need. We, the UJDP and the people who once more wish to see a Republic, extend the hand of friendship to old allies such as Jelbania and Cobura and ask for their support.'

KD21

Postby Jaguar » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:11 am

Imperial Parliament Asks For Help!
Army loyal to Syed blocked by protesters in Wakanda

Wakanda
The capital city of the Jakanian Empire has been tightly controlled by Sultan Syed after announcing yesterday, "We will not step down from Power".

Jakanian state television said that armed forces loyal to Syed tried to take over Sonhata but were held up by protesters in Wakanda chanting, "down with Syed!" Gunfire were also heard in several locations within the capital. Syed announced in television in response:

"My people, I shall destroy these anti-government protesters who took to the streets and seized control of several cities in Bogendo, Sonhata and Borneu. I shall give them the iron fist they deserve, I shall rip their hearts out and shout, I AM YOUR SULTAN! Let it be known that I will crush all those who oppose me!

I ask Kafuristan and Al'Badara for support in these dire times. Where I am weak, ultimate authority is the last resort, only where there is strength and friendship left- and I am a fighter, a fighter for the people of Jakania!!!"

Syed on television and supporters in Wakanda

OOC: I will post civil war later on the other thread, when United Jakania is established also we need to plan this out carefully.
Countries I play:

Wikipedia:
Jaguar

Postby KD21 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:24 pm

Davidson Announces 'March for Democracy' - Miamo to Wakanda

Miamo, Sonhata - Nicholas Davidson, leader of the UJDP, today announced a 'March for Democracy' - a journey from the Parties headquarters in Miamo to the Supreme Council in Wakanda. The pro-democracy march will be attended by Mr. Davidson and his party colleagues along with supporters of the Party. The Parties paramilitary wing will not be in attendance as Davidson swore that '...there will be no vandalism, violence or disorder on this March, we will conduct ourselves in an adult and mature manner - the world will be watching us and we will show them that we have the moral authority and democratic right to govern responsibly.' Party analysts have estimated the turnout will be around 120,000 in Miamo alone, with more joining as the March progresses - thus disputing Syeds claim of the Republics support at 12,000.

Davidson announcing the March for Democracy
KD21

Postby Jaguar » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Syed Calls for the Army!
Loyal Forces move out to annihilate the march!

Wakanda, Nilaka
Syed announced, today that the army shall move out to stop the "March for terrorisim", he has made it clear in a public statement that he intends to use whatever force possible to save absolutisim from democracy. His statements against his opponents have included allegations that Nicholas Davidon had bribed the people in Sonhata to take part in the march in return for drugs. He also stated that Nicholas Davidson is a corrupt leader and have conducted deals with other countries, likely to bring the country in debt, if he were to rule Jakania.

Syed Al Amun stated that countries who support a republic in Jakania are clearly mad, because military intervention by foreign countries will enslave the people and might even split the country apart.

Sultan Syed is employing fighter jets to bomb civilians protesters of his regime marching to Wakanda, 230 casualties was reported.
Countries I play:

Wikipedia:
Jaguar

Postby KD21 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Davidson 'Dismayed' At Lack Of International Support!

Miamo, Sonhata - UJDP Leader Nicholas Davidson claims he is 'dismayed' at the lack of support shown by the nations of Terra in regards to Jakanias plight. Only three countries are likely to pledge military support, while several others offered lukewarm sympathies and promises of brokering a peace deal. Speaking to the JNN Mr Davidson said the following:

'I have made pleas to countless countries throughout Terra to come to the aid of the Republic. Few have been brave enough to stand with us. If a Nation in crisis came to us looking for support we wouldn't hesitate to do so, regardless of what was in it for us. I may forgive those who have turned their backs on us, but I will never forget it. If aid came when we called for it, 230 innocent civilians would not have died at the hands of the Monarchists...'

Following the attack on the 'March for Democracy' by Monarchist forces, Mr Davidson gave the go ahead for the parties paramilitary wing to be on high alert.
KD21

Postby KD21 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Memories of the South Ocean War As Likatonia joins pro-Republicans

Miamo, Sonhata - Three nations have so far pledged military assistance to the Republican cause. The Federal Republic of Likatonia, the Republic of Vornona and the Commonwealth of Rutania have between them offered 164,000 troops - on top of the the 120,000 pro-Republican Jakanians prepared to fight for their cause.

Memories of the South Ocean War are being rekindled as Likatonian forces are likely to face the Monarchies Kafuristan allies, who have committed 45,090 troops in order to aid Syed. The conflict, which only ended eight years ago, resulted in a defeat for Likatonia - who may now manage to get one over on their former enemies.

At present, the Monarchist forces outnumber the Republicans by roughly 5000 troops.
KD21

Postby 5 Stars Movement » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:23 pm

HELPERS ARE IN JAKANIA

This morning today Helpers, a humanitarian organization which works in war theatres by the side of the victim, have moved by trucks and cars and now are in the eastern border, that between Jakania and the Wantunian Republic (Kalopia). They are 1000 men among doctors, nurses and other voluntaries. There is a small armed force of 400 men to cover them, very much less than 5000 troops asked by democratic Jakanians.
Beppe Cricket, guru and founder of 5 Stars Movement and president of Kalopia, clarifies:
"These 400 boys will only protect the camp hospitals, this is a real peace mission"
Gino Road, the founder of Helper is satisfied:
"The government provided also some medical stuff, foods and other essential goods. I'm personally worried about the uprising of nationalist movements in Kalopia. The risk is to turn back many years ago. What they will do if they take power? They could be again in the Syed side!"
5 Stars Movement

Postby KD21 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Jakanian/Hutori Forces Mobilize In Sonhata!

Miamo, Sonhata - 220,000 troops prepared to take control of Sonhata this evening. Nicholas Davidson has been given control of the Hutorian division of 100,000 men from Prime Minister O'Brien, on top of the 120,000 pro-Republican Jakanians already under his command. Several gun-fights have already broken out leading to casualties on both sides, with Republicans claiming over 400 Monarchists have been killed while their own losses are less than 100 - though these reports are unconfirmed.

Hutorian troops in Sonhata
KD21

Postby Jaguar » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:39 pm

Jaguar wrote:Civil War Breaks Out!!
Battle of Sonhata

Sudden Attack from Syed

Forces loyal to Syed triggerd a civil war in Jakania on October 3186, by taking up positions across the city, Miamo and launching a rearguard fight against rebels in major cities, including forces from Likatonia stationed in the city, Miamo.

Syed's Tanks took up positions around public buildings including government offices and hospitals, while sandbag defences were also being built. A hospital that was caring for wounded civilians from the 'March for Democracy', was heavily attacked by Kafuri and Syed's Armed forces again. This time Pro-Syed forces were able to take the hospital and massacre hundreds of innocents civilians. Residents said bodies were still piling up in the hospital from the shootings of the previous two days. But the area under government control was shrinking. Most of the east is now held by rebel forces, but rebels said that the Crown Prince's Brigade, loyal to and named after Syed and only son, was now moving against these towns.

Later, the Hutorian division encountered a heavy resistance from Kafuri forces trying to take several government buildings in Sonhata. Fierce fighting was reported in these locations.

After the attack, Syed announced a speech on television:
Today I issued an attack, to attempt to retake Sonhata, I had to use force because peaceful protests is one thing, but armed rebellion is another. But I offer the International Community an apology for the attacks on civilians, I am willing to provide reparations and pardons to families who have participated in the Rebellion. I promise that the citizens of Jakania will have freedom and I will never commit genocide nor am I willing to let them die. I only want Jakania to keep its monarchy, if the people reject the idea of an absolute monarchy, I am willing to accept an constitutional monarchy. If they deny both, I will unleash chaos!"

Propaganda song from Syed's Forces

Current War Information(Claimed by Syed)
Casualties:
Monarchists:
Syed Forces: 340
Kafuri Armed forces: 620
Total: 960

Republican Forces
Republican Forces: 289
Hutorian Armed Division: 479
Likatonia: 500
Total: 1268
Countries I play: