Midway

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Midway

Postby Liukupukki » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:31 pm

Chief of Manapo PD disappeared mysteriously
Assistant chief Buule Samawade Kooshin leading searches
Feb-10-5194

Manapo Police Chief gone missing
The chief of Manapo Police Department Keyse Jilicow has gone missing. So far there has been no leads on the disappearance, as friends and family members claim to not have seen him for days.
"I thought it was weird he didn't show up to work, but maybe he was sick" Said assistant chief Buule Samawade Kooshin "Now he's been gone for 4 days, and I fear the worst, but the Manapo Police Department will not stop until he's found. Chief, if you are reading this, come back or at least call us. And if any citizens have information regarding this, report to us at ManapoPD@Midway.gov immediately." He added.

The police chief was last spotted on February 6th on approximately 11PM, heading home from work, but his wife reported that Mr. Jilicow never showed up. Mrs. Jilicow also gave a statement to Midway Today: "Keyse always comes home after work, I was worried so I called his phone, he responded that he is okay but will not come home today. I think he sounded a bit weird, but I thought nothing of it. Now he's been gone for long. Please, whoever has my husband please don't hurt him!"
Assistant chief Samawade Kooshin ensures the people that there is no reason for panic, and that if a crime has been committed the suspect will be apprehended.
Your friendly neighborhood Lube bottle. Contact me on discord rather than on forums. > Liukupukki#2896
Liukupukki

Postby Liukupukki » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:40 pm

Missing person investigation turns to murder investigation
Feb-24-5194

There is a cop killer on the loose
Chief of Manapo Police Keyse Jilicow had been missing for 18 days, until this morning, when Assistant Chief Buule Samawade Kooshin found his body chopped up in a plastic bag in the Manapo PD dumpster. Police suspect that this is a warning or a threat of some sort, but are unsure of what exactly are they being warned of. This incident has lead many officers to leave their resignation notices.

"This was done very professionally." Claims the now promoted Chief Samawade Kooshin. "Somehow there is no actual evidence to be found, the camera recordings have been wiped, and there are no prints on anything. For once in my career I'm stumped, but fear not citizens. There is no need to worry, because I will not rest until this case is solved and the people responsible brought to justice." he adds. Some members of the public have voiced their concerns that this was an inside job, but so far there has been no evidence of this and so far the PD has refused to comment on these claims.
The Minister of Justice ordered that all police stations throughout Midway should have increased surveillance until the culprit is caught and apprehended, as well as promising a reward of 10 000 LOD for any tips leading to the arrest of the killer.
Your friendly neighborhood Lube bottle. Contact me on discord rather than on forums. > Liukupukki#2896
Liukupukki

Postby Liukupukki » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:43 pm

Criminal Organization issues threats to Manapo PD after whistle blower talks
Jul-13-5194

Criminal organization emerges from shadows to threaten the Manapo PD
Yesterday at noon, an anonymous whistle blower at the Manapo Police Department came forward and admitted to taking bribes in exchange for his silence about the Jilicow murder. According to him, he had a choice between his life or taking the money, and he chose the latter. Fearing for his life, the whistle blower refused to tell who was responsible for the attack. He has since been removed from his duties as an officer, and placed under arrest for taking bribes and concealing evidence. "Look, I did a bad thing. I should have reported this as soon as I heard, but you have to hear me out: I had no choice. It was either to take their money or be 6 feet under and that's a no brainer." He said when asked about why he did it. "I assure you I was not the supposed inside man, but they did threaten to kill me if I squealed. I can't tell you who these people are, but I'm saying they mean serious business." he added.

Not long after this encounter, even before the press got a word of it, a criminal organization which has been running and growing in the shadows by selling and moving illegal narcotics has made a post on social media with the caption "You're in too deep waters @ManapoPD. Stay out of our business" alongside a picture of five masked men, some of which are posing with weapons. The organization calls itself 銀または鉛 (Luth. Lead or Silver) or simply LOS. There isn't much intel about this group yet as it has been very careful about stepping into the spotlight before this, but the citizens of Midway have been warned to be very cautious of the LOS and avoid any contact with them.
"We are surprised that this group has managed to stay underground for as long as they have, if they are the main suppliers of the recent influx of narcotics in the country." Said a reporter for the Midway Today. "Perhaps it is only through their very persuasive intimidation tactics that no one has wanted to say a word yet."

"As we are not sure on their numbers, equipment or even their area of operations, we cannot afford to take any risks so we advice any citizens to avoid this group at any costs" Commented the minister of defence.
Any employees in the police department are prohibited from being on the job without a partner until further notice.
Liukupukki

Postby jamescfm » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:41 am

Midway’s largest inner-city public park opens in Manapo
          28 September 5342

After several years of delays and various budget concerns, the largest inner-city public park in the country has been officially opened in the capital Manapo. President Jamba Tazawa attended a ceremony to welcome the park’s first visitors. In recognition of his support for the project, it will be officially known as the Jamba Tazawa Peace Park.

Although it is expected to be a popular destination for residents and tourists alike, the project has been controversial at the local and national level. Residents in the local area have raised concerns that it will attract visitors from throughout the city. As a result, they say it will make the area busier. Campaign groups have criticised the project as wasted money that could be spent on more pressing concerns, including dilapidated infrastructure in other parts of the capital.

President Tazawa has treated the park as a passion project since he was mayor of Manapo. Although his term ended before the project was realised, he has continued to publicly support it since being elected President. Opposition politicians, especially from the Communist Party, have claimed the park is a distraction from the government’s failure in its policy objectives though.

Midway Today is an independent online news service covering a variety of topics across Midway.
jamescfm

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:52 pm

Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Mbites » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:12 am

"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Previous

Return to National News