Seko

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Sekowo Shinpō (News of Sekowo)

Postby Iori » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:22 am

Crown Princess Akatsuki Holds Speech:

Crown Princess Akatsuki Ishida held a conference earlier today spelling out many points and goals of the Ishida Dynasty.

"And with those formalities out of the way let us move on to some of the many topics at hand.
Firstly, to make things clear and prevent any misunderstandings or future rumours, the Ishida Dynasty is a major supporter of the TKK and while we will, due to our own connections to the party and our Dynasties history, hold noticable influence with the party, however the TKK should not be seen as the political arm or mouthpiece of the Dynasty - we're more than capable of expounding upon politics directly after all - but rather a political force that we support; I will be quite honest when I say that I fully expect that their will be times when the beliefs and positions held by the Dynasty are not those held by some parts of the TKK or the average TKK voter in general..."

"...now, to answer the question I'm sure half of the reporters here that have their hands raised for at the moment; yes Kenjiro is, in the technical sense an Ishida, specifically from the Yasutoro Junior Branch, however the marriage in question should not be understood to represent our opinions or positions in regard to any country or allegiance, simply put he is a person who fell in love with another person, that they both have a political pedigree really should be seen as secondary to that."

"...before we move on there is one area that I feel needs to be clarified, especially as I have no intention of having to answer it multiple times from people who do not do their research; the 'Ishida's' who supported the former Jiyū party were hardly the last, nor did they ever represent the Dynasty as a whole, rather they are descended from a male-line that held no official title or position of power within the Dynasty and should in no way be seen as being anything but pretenders who attempted to usurp the Ishida name and use their tenuous relation to the Dynasty to further their own political goals.
...yes, I do mean a minor male-line, do remember that the Ishida Dynasty is Matrilineal, the Mantle of Inheritance passes down from Mother to Daughter; the fact is that the age of the Dynasty means that their are a very large amount of Ishida's in the world -at last count, the Dynasty Census found that their were just under two-thousand people who could claim official descent from an Ishida descendant -and that's only accounting for those who hold official descent as prior to the Dynastic Reforms of the Empress Yuko only the Empress and her Children held official title, with any children born to the brothers or sisters of an Empress considered to not be part of the Dynasty, our best guesstimate when you include all of those from the Pre-Reform era as well as those having married into other Dynasties is somewhere around 16,000 people, though the vast majority of those would no more be an Ishida than someone who's ancestors were minor members of a Royal Family would be a member of the modern descendant dynasty."
Iori

Postby Iori » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:36 am

TKK Leader Announces Major Policies and Ambitions of the Party:

"Firstly let me thank you all for being here, for those of you who don't know me, my name is Akeno Ishida no Raiden and yes, I'm an Ishida, and no, I'm not closely related to the Crown Princess, in fact I'm not even biologically related, my branch of the family ultimately descends from one of the more unique aspects of the Dynasty's past.
With that out of the way let's get right on to why we're all here and I'll do my best to answer everyone's questions."

"In terms of our general policy we espouse support for a regulated economic system, sensibly extensive social and civil rights, strong environmental protections, a strong military, though one with strong restrictions to prevent militarism and a secular state and society and a return of the Imperial Throne under the Ishida Dynasty."

"...admittedly however Foreign Policy is not an area we have any extensive positions on at the moment however one of our long term ambitions is the creation of a Community of Gao-Showa nations of some form."

"The position of the TKK on the monarchy specifically is that we support a Constitutional Monarchy, one in which the Empress or Emperor only intervenes in government -and when I say intervenes that should be seen as separate from espousing their own political opinions- in severe emergency situations."

"Now, I recall earlier someone asking me about the parties name; for the time being the party shall be officially known as the Teikoku Kōmeitō or TKK for short, however it is very possible that in the future the name may change to more aptly fit the party's beliefs."
Iori

Postby Iori » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:14 am

Political Upheaval Strikes Sekouo:

Sekouo was thrown into political upheaval recently following the sudden dissolution of the 'Revival' party prior to the recent elections, leaving the TKK as the sole party fielding candidates resulting in the party winning all of the seats in the legislature.

Akeno Ishida no Raiden, the TKK party leader and now interim Prime Minister, held a speech laying out the political future of Sekouo earlier today:
"Firstly, let me say that I, like everyone else were shocked by the dissolution of 'Revival', however I'll be honest, I'm not complaining, whatever their reasons it has helped us immensely; with that said we are currently viewing this situation as an interim government; we have put together a Constitutive legislation package which we are voting on now, however with the exception of certain badly needed economic reforms we will not be passing any major legislation until after the passage of the Constitutive legislation and a subsequent election."
Iori

Postby Iori » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:48 am

Constitutional Restructuring Complete:

The changes to the basic constitutional structure of Sekouo have been completed following a two year effort.
While the core changes, the restoration of the Imperial system, expansion of the legislature from 75 to 700 seats, changing the legislative term and ressurection of the 'True Flag' were passed a year ago it was only in the last month that the remaining constiutive legislation not included in the original legislative bills was passed.

Kokkai Continually Working on Legislation:

The Kokkai, the legislature of Sekouo, has been a busy place the last year as the TKK has continued to create and amend various laws following the post-Constitutional elections held a year ago.

When asked about the steady stream of legislation and what the Kokkai's vacation periods would look like Shushō Akeno Ishida had this to say: "We have a lot of work to do, Sekouo has seen many bad to terrible laws passed over the years and we intend to rectify the matter; assuming the TKK remain in power I suspect we'll spend the rest of the decade, maybe a bit more, working on changing and refining the laws.
As to vacations, well we're working on a work 3 weeks, take a week off structure and have no plans to institute a long vacation period for the Kokkai until we've finished."
Iori

Postby Iori » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Sekouo Hit by Second Electoral Upheaval in a Decade:

Sekouo has seen a second electoral upheaval within a decade following recent elections seeing the TKK being knocked into second place by the newly formed Jiyū Party of Sekouo (JPS); the election saw the JSP win 596 of the Kokkai's 700 seats while the TKK won the remaining 104.

While a formal declaration or announcement by the JSP has not been made, Shushō and TKK leader Akeno Ishida no Ishiyama had this to say;

"...Am I surprised, well honestly no, what you have to realize is the sheer depth of corruption and moneyed interests that has had so long to inundate Sekouo and the TKK is very much a threat to those very same interests, a fact made abundantly clear by the fact that very shortly after the election the JSP set about proposing legislation to roll back the large majority of the TKK's non-constitutive reforms and forced through a new budget and tax plan that destroyed the prior one and does nothing but remove taxes from the moneyed interests and leave the general population destitute and dependent on corporations who only care about making more and more money and now have next to no regulations that allow them to charge exorbitant fees or outright refuse service..."

"...well of course I'm not happy with the results, but I and the TKK as a whole will not let this be a mortal defeat, we will continue on, we will cement our beliefs and we will fight for Sekouo and for its people.."

Lourenne Trans-Dovani Highway Initiative OK'd by Foreign Minister:

In a recent interview Foreign Minister Anaya Singh has revealed that Lourenne has approached Sekouo about it's ambitious Highway system to link the countries of Dovani together; while the details are sparse Ms. Singh did say that the Sekouan government has given Lourenne the initial OK to link Sekouo into the initiative.
Iori

Postby Iori » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:22 am

Sekouo To Accept Dankuk Immigrants:

Following a unanimously passed piece of legislation Sekouo has begun accepting immigrants from Dankuk, including potential immigration of members of the Dankuk royal family and government officials.

The legislation notably is meant as a base, with the TKK supporting further refinement to the law to disallow those guilty of crimes from being able to immigrate unless they may be tortured or killed by remaining in their he country.
Iori

Postby Nasania » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:31 am

Nasania

Postby Nasania » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:23 am

Empress Tam-Hee abdicates in favor of Daughter Ishida Chin-sun| Dankukin Government in Exile is set up in the Embassy in Ishinawa | Taiyo no To and Hoshuto Formed and invited to work into Cabinet
October 15th 4457, Ishinawa, Tozan, Celstial Empire of Sekowo

Picture within the Embassy of leaders of the Government

The Imperial Government of Dankuk has set up its Headquarters in an Embassy in its Ally's Sekowo and has sought asylum from the Federation Regime in the Capital of Sekowo. In a new election, Andrew Kong is expected to be the New Yeonguijeong of the Empire. This comes weeks after the Royal Family were driven out by Mob violence within Dankuk perpetrated by a Draddwyr Supremacist movement and the Federalist Party who are likely backed by members of the Ryeo family.

In light of the recent events, and due to aging, Empress Tam-hee is abdicating her position as Taeyang with her daughter, Ishida Chin-sun, assuming the Throne as new Taeyang Empress. Ishida is the granddaughter of Ishida Ito IX of the Jiyu Party who served as the constitutional monarch in the centuries long absence of the Main Ishida Line associated with Teikoku Komeito who have recntly resumed their ancient role as the Celestial Empresses of Sekowo.

Dankuk National Bank to liquidate | Taiyo no To and Hoshuto Formed and invited to work into Cabinet
September 15, 4458 Ishinawa, Sekowo

Head of the Taiyo no To, Minamoto Katahiko

The Dankuk National Bank is likely going to liquidate its assets and converting its 30 trillion DRA(72 Trillion SEK) fortune into SEKs. Some of the board members have hinted that they will be forming a new Bank for Sekowo and two new parties have indicated interest in financing the venture.

The Taiyo no To, led by Minamoto Katahiko and his son Suehiko have big plans of building up Infrastructurea and Science sectors of Sekowan Economybqith hope of turning the country into a "Dovani Tiger" as many have called it in the media and have recieved the posts of Science & Technology and Infrastructure & Transport.

The Hoshuto To are led by Dankukin immigrants Anna Kim and Felipe Marquez have released a platform outlining a plan to revitalize the economy and have received posts in Trade and Industry and Education & Culture and is expected this party to take a leading role in developing these sectors of the economy in years to come.
Nasania

Postby ChengherRares1 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:03 pm

The most important national newspaper in Sekowo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New party with great ambitions

The New Isolationist Party of Sekowo starts it's course with unique vision
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Picture of old Shogun leader
1st December 4542

The first day of December, a new political party is created with the intent of restoring the old shogunate of Sekowo and its valuable teachings.

The party is 新しい孤立党. (in Luthorian means The New Isolationist Party) and its mission is to restore the old shogunate. The party speaker, Chino Yuji, said next:
"We shall enhance Sekowo to regain its formal glory. The actual Sekowo is nothing but hokum, they destroyed the old glory of the Shogunate and the Empire. The current Sekowo is only a feeble copy of what Sekowo was once. With us, the power of the Shogun and the Emperor shall regain its formal strengths and importance, promoting values of Love, Respect and Wisdom. Hierarchies will be reinstated in a new feudal way, in which obedience and honor are norms."

The party is formed of 20 members and it is new in the Parliament, with no seats, however the party is enthusiast about this, thinking positively that the people will vote right.
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby Shen Zhesi » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:25 am

September, 4696
RESULTS IN - NEW DEMOCRATS OUT!

Image: Logo of the Minshu Jinmin

In a modestly surprising turn of events, the Sekouo Minshu Jinmin Tō won a sweeping victory in this month's snap election; claiming all 177 seats in the Kokumin Gikai

ImageImage
Left: Daitōryō-elect Kasai Kenji
Right: Party President and founder, Takazato Miyagushiku; formulator of Chōwa no Gensoku

The Sekouo Minshu Jinmin Tō, formally established only earlier this year, is comprised of many of those whom had once supported the New Democrats, who now face going extinct. It's expected that in the coming months, a complete overhaul of the cabinets and potentially even constitution will be underway, solidifying the Minshu Jinmin's hold, and Sekouo's new trajectory. The Minshu Jinmin describe themselves as moderately left-wing, adhering to something called Chōwa no Gensoku. The mood is bright here in Inishawa, but only time will tell if their gambit will pay off.

Editor's Note: As of December, 4696, the Minshu Jinmin have seized full control of the Government.
Sekouo Minshu Jinmin Tō - 生古塢民主人民党 - Democratic People's Party of Sekouo (民人党)
Shen Zhesi

PreviousNext

Return to National News