Seko

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Sekowan News Network (SNN)

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:20 am

Armed Services Committee Interview

Deputy Minister of Defence Dung Cantû (middle) General of Army Charles Heeyua (right) General of Navy Kang Fronku (left)

After watching the interview of the 3 officers shown in the video, the Armed Services Committee learned a few new plans that were being done in privacy. Here is the preview of the interview:

Sen. Kichiro Yuki (Chair) Members of the Committee, we are here today to discuss our military actions and duties. There is a limit of questions to two questions per Senator. We will start with a pray, then Senator Adrien Gautier.

(Prayer begins. Prayer ends.)

Sen. Adrien Gautier As you know, there e a few conflicts in Terra. There is the Jelbic invading Zardugal and the Deltarian not giving Vorona their freedom. Under President Ligeia Paulina, we sat back and watched Jelbic walk through Zardugal. We heard Vorona's cry of freedom and turned our cheek. President Hikaru Qiang did send some troops in Zardugal, but we only gained footage and intelligence. His second term, he told us that he would help aid Zardugal and also help gain the freedom of Vorona. What are the military actions that will, or might occur in these situations?

Dep. Min. Dung Cantû In the Jelbic and Zard War, we have been given orders by President Ligeia Paulina to not intervene due to a message threat from Indrala. President Qiang, on the other hand, would like to aid Zardugal, but he first must gain intelligence from the inside, and that is exactly whats been happening. We are now working our way up by intervening slowly and less predictable. We are going to send aid to Zardugal soon. Now, with Vorona, that is left up to the President and the Sesseicfor they will be working with the SATO.

Sen. Gautier We have never been notified about a message. Please tell me more.

Dep. Cantû I believe that is classified.

Sen. Gautier I hereby declassify that. Now will you share?

Dep. Cantû Very well. At the beginning of the war, Sekowo was going to assist Zardugal in war. President Paulina and President Onasis were going to sign a treaty of alliance. When all of this information reached Indrala, the Ruler messaged the President Ligeia. After that, she made a decision for better or worst.

Sen. Yuki Senator Lèonce Solon may befin his questioning.

Sen. Solon The Army is the biggest, and fastest growing military organization in Sekowo. Weapons are abundant and bases are kept up-to-date. Now, doing my research before this, I found out some secrets from ex-military officials. The Army is said to have been keeping prisoners of war and enlist them into the Army out of free will. I also learned that the Sergeants are beating members occasionally. General Charles Heeyu, please tell me why.

Gen. Heeyua Those officials who told you all those information is a down right lie. As you see, by law, prisoners of war are o be executed and we do that very well with our firing squad. Our Sergeants are not beating our members. We would have received a complaint from the base its located at.

Sen. Yuki Lastly, Senator Eustorgios Ryouta.

Sen. Ryouta First off, I thank all of you who showed up today. This should have been private due to the release of classified information my colleague should have recognized it. General Frontu, this question is directed to you. All of y years while being on this committee, I never thought this would pop up. How is the Navy going to defend and atrack when the time comes?

Gen. Frontu Well, you have to gain intelligence before any attack the Navy does. I discuss with my Advisors and Captains to analyze best ways to attack. We usually like trap the enemy and attack all four sides. Now defense is totally different. We gain intelligence as we defend. We defend to the enemies attacks. We usually decide to protect 5-20 miles off the coast. Our Oil Rigs in Vorona is always protected, but at some point need more protection, so I will move some more shios in.

Sen. Yuki Thank you Military leaders and Senators. The Committee will discuss things in private next week to form a bill to help the military and also reveal the military. You see, we don't keep classified information from the government, even if ordered by the President. Any questions?...Great, we are adjourned.
Conservative Republican Party
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:42 am

Government Debate Over the Culture

Debate in the Senate of the Kokkai

As of today, the two house of the Kokkai began talks about the culture. It came to attention of President Hikaru Qiang knowing that the nation is restricted of forms of political power and aggression. The bill has been drafted and is in a feud debate over what shall stay and what shall be added. President Hikaru has entered the debate as well, giving his opinions and ideas for the new culture. Once there is more information, it will be delivered to the public and live.
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:54 pm

Military Mobilized

Sekowan Armed Services marching the streets in an excercise preparing for war

President Qiang mobilized the military in preparation for war with Deltarian people regaining control over Vorona once again. The SATO has motioned to mobilize troops in the nations, but not attack without orders. The Denfence Ministry is strategizing plans and tactics to propose to the President and the Cabinet. President Qiang later then put the Sekowan 1st Naval Fleet at the border town of Soeha. 30,000 Sekowan troops have been transported by air and water, to Vorona awaiting orders of attack. More information will be given once it has been recognized by the SATO alliance.
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:02 am

Longer Term?

President Hikaru Qiang, by law, gets a longer term as a President during a time of war or the talk of war. Term will end at the next national election scheduled in November 3820.
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:53 am

New Orders

Sekowan Navy sailing under new orders

Under new President Jiang Hùng, there came new orders. People are shocked of his first actions as President. The Kokkai is bugging him for a budget proposal, which by law must be given.

President Jiang Hùng ordered the 10,000 soldiers sent to Vorona under President Hikaru Qiang's term, to be tripled in quantity and stationed in the coastal city of Signor, East Vorona. The 30,000 men will arrive there in less than 12 hours.
The Navy has been ordered to enter the waterways of Vorona. Fleet One will be stationed at the East Coast, Fleet Two at the West Coast, Fleet Three at the North Coast, and Fleet Four at the South Coast. The President said this will help in attacking Deltarian Military from all sides.
The Air Force has been ordered to wait in the Sekowan Military Base in Vorona.

The public is saying that he is very intelligent and will probably be re-elected.
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Peacekeeping in Vorona

Sekowan Peace Keepers in Vorona

President Hikaru has finally withdrew the 30,000 Sekowan Soldiers and the Four Navy Fleets out of Voronan Lands and Water.

With the recent uproars and increased murders in Vorona, Minister Myung Katsu of the Ministry of Justice, sat down with the President and the Heads of Intelligence Departments to discuss the issue and come up with a resolution. President Jiang told the Minster and the Intelligence Directors that this is a bad decision due to the fact that SATO will not allow it. The Directors decided otherwise, forcing the President to move in 55,000 Peace Keepers to keep peace in the borders of Vorona. The report said that this shall decrease the crime rate by 15%, but also increase the uproar in the lands.

President Jiang Hûng spoke to the Kokkai about this issue.
Senators of the Kokkai, yesterday I sat down with the Minister of Justice, the Board of Intelligence Directors, and the Attorney General, and came up with a resolution to help secure peace in Vorona. At first, I thought the idea is going to stir trouble without SATO, but I was assured that it wasn't. Therefore, I have sent 55,000 Peace Keepers to Vorona to keep that peace there. Now, we knew there would be an uproar, or some sort of rebellion, so in order to not make that happen is if I go in front of the SATO and tell them what I did and I will withdraw the Peace Keepers in about a month or so. Thank you.
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:16 am

Education Reform

In a recent report the Ministry of Internal Affairs gave to the Ways and Means Committee of the Kokkai, it showed that the education rate has decreased from 86.56% to 73.27%. Now Senators are rushing back to their States, and setting up townhall meetings and polls in the local areas.

When the Senators returned to the Kokkai Building in the Capitol, they discussed the polls and what was said in the townhall meetings. 83% of the Kokkai received the same answer, government intervenence in education. It was said that the local, state, and federal government has told the parents, teachers, and school boards what to teach and how to teach.

The Ways and Means Committee later on that week, came to a conclusion. The Federal Government and the State shall have limited control on education, giving the majority control to the parents, teachers, and school boards across Sekowo.
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:09 am

More Peacekeepera

Sekowan Special Peacekeepers in Vorona

After having a quick meeting with the Minister of Justice, Director of the SIA, Director of the SBI, the Sessei, and the President. The was very quick due. Theorist we and the Directors have the Presidentand the Sessei reports of the Sekowan peacekeeping in Voronan lands. The report showed that the crime rate has dropped by 15%. A plan to increase the peacekeeping, 55,000 of the Special Peacekeepers, top in the class at the academy, by the Presidents orders. They will soon arrive their in Vorona in a months top. They hope to see an increase of justice.
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:21 pm

President Responds to Endrala's Concern

President Jiang Hûng in the Diet speaking of Endralon's concern

In the recent comments of Endralon's President, President Jiang explains the concept in detail.

[quote]People of Sekowo and Endralon, there seems to be a little concern with my recent actions in Vorona. Let me explain if you please listen.

Years ago during President McKinnon's Presidency, Vorona and Sekowo had deals. A Sekowan base was formed in Vorona during the Zardugal-Voronan War, for better protection of Vorona. Sekowan troops always stay in that base, protecting te people of that nation. We have a monthly intelligence inspection of the nation as well. There are always Sekowan presence there.

Secondly, we did not send troops in, considering that the actio of that is a little war like. We have simply sent in 110,000 Peacekeepers in the two districts and cities. This is a simple form of peacekeeping between the citizens due to the lack of Voronan leadership.

If there are anymore questions, please ask me. I'll give you an answer. Thank you. quote]
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:26 pm

Conservative Party Out of Office

Former President Jiang Hûng is the first President to end his Presidential career with another party taking over. He has been sworn in as the Chairman of the party and later will try to work the party way back into the house.

Currently, party still holds the Cabinet positions in the government and only 238 seats in the Kokkai. Sessei Susumu Herbert will try to settle bipartisan bills in the Kokkai. He also will try to keep Sekowan Troops and Peacekeepers inside of Vorona, and if a war ever happens, he will propose a bill to try and enter the war for the protection of Vorona.
Crewe McKinnon

PreviousNext

Return to National News