Seko

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Sekowan News Network (SNN)

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:19 pm

Sekowan Government Expands Military

With the Conservatives back in office and President Jiang going at it again with the military. He has proposed a bill to expand the military and grow it with higher graded weapons and technology. The expansion is said to be completed on September 4th of 3845. A report has been written out be the Minister of Defense of all the plans and construction that is to take place. The report is read:

Minister of Defense Report:

the military expansion shall begin after the Kokkai has passed the bill to do so. It is said to finish in the year of 3845 on September 4th, 20 years from now. The report is broken up into the three branches:

Army Expansion:

The Army is the first line of offense. We must provide them with high quality training and more military bases. The Army number shall increase by 100,000 active troops and 50,000 Reserved troops. There shall be two training centers built in Itokaki and Signor. There will be high quality training for all army troops, active and reserved. Also, another military base shall be constructed as well in Sanko, Kutakzal. This military base will be able to hold 300,000 troops and equipment such as weapons, tanks, artillery, etc. Another military base shall be constructed in Vorona in the year of 3835 for an increased protection for the people and its government. Pay will go into researching new and improved technology and weapons. This process should take 10 years, but will not be into service until 3845.

Navy Expansion:

The Navy is a great line of defense. High quality training for the high level ships and equipment being used. The number of active troops shall increase by 10,000 troops and increase the engineering by 20,000 engineers. The engineers are military personnel that will control the ships for the use of the troops. A naval base is not needed to be built, but if needed, the location shall be in Mizuho, Sanko. A training center for the troops shall be built in Yamashima, Nanzan. This will be a high, intensified training center for the troops. A Naval Engineering University will be composed in two locations, Hishikuwa, Tōzan and Mangusuku, Sanko. These Unicersities will train and teach future naval engineers how to control the boats, etcetera. The ships are up-to-date, but research will go on for future ships that is more high-tech and productive. The number of all ships shall increase by 4.

Air Force:

The Air Force is a great line of attack and defense. Higher quality training is required. The number of active troops shall increase by 15,000 and the number of engineers shall increase by 20,000. The engineers are military personnel that will repair, manufacture, etc. the planes being used. Another Air Field Base is needed. It shall be built in Higawada, Hokuzan. This base will be the largest Air Force Base in Sekowo. A training center shall also be built there. This center will train troops with high, intensified training for a better use. A University for the engineers will be built in Higawada, Hokuzan as well. Here, the engineers will learn and be trained in all aspects of the Air Force. New planes are always being found and research shall continue.

Knowing that the Defense budget cannot support some of these things, we ask that the Kokkai would help fund it and any other Ministry.

The Kokkai is still voting on this bill, but it is said to be passed. The project will be funded and the estimated cost is 2.4 Trillion SEK.
Conservative Republican Party
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:04 pm

President Questions Trigunia's Decision

The SIA (Sekowan Intelligene Agency) has found evidence of Trigunia's testing of Weapons of Mass Destruction. Later that day, the Director went to the President, followed by the National Security Advisors. After 4 days of discussing the event, President Jiang Hûng and the present members have came to a reasonable solution. President Hûng addressed the nation from his office in the Diet.

President Jiang Hûng
Ladies and gentlemen of the Great and Sacred Nation of Sekowo. First off, I like to thank you all for getting me back here in the House to work for you and to protect you all. Now, speaking of protection, a problem has occurred in a very unknown nation.

The small nation of Trigunia, which I never heard of, has started or will start constructing and testing Weapons of Mass Destruction. Now, I know that you all are baffled and intrigued by the National Leader's decision. In my opinion, it is not a needed source to show how strong you think you are, but it shows that you are willing to kill innocent people for selfish reasons.

I have sat down with the National Security Adivisers and the Director of the SIA to come up with a solution to halting then from completing construction. Sekowo will personally see to it that this nation gets no knowledge of making these weapons. I will send a Navy Fleet to the borders as a warning to them. If all fails, then I will have no choice but to send a few troops to handle the action. First I have to find the location of this nation (laughs).

Nuclear testing and other deadly weapon testing is not of good human nature. If we are somehow bombed with one, we will retaliate with our weapons of mass destruction. Thank you all for listening. May God bless you all.
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:30 pm

The Kokkai Intervenes

Kokkai Senators in talk of the President's Millitary Action

With the recent actions of the President to deploy one the Navy Fleets for unknown purposes that was not mentioned to the Kokkai, the Senators has decided to intervene. Sessei Susumu Herbert has spoken on behalf of the Kokkai. Here is what was said at the session.

Sessei Susumu Herbert
Senators of this great Kokkai, we have gathered on the talk of President Jiang's recent military actions. He knows that it is against the law for the President to not mention any of the plans to the Kokkai at any given time. His plan and the National Security Adivisers is down right unacceptable and unprecedent. Their actions have put the Sekowan people at great risk and that is not what our government does.

As the Sessei of this great country, I have authorization to override the President's military action if it poses a threat to the people of Sekowo. I shall recall the Naval Fleet that was sent to Trigunia. We are not a country who starts a war, but ends one. We do not want to begin a ward at this moment.

As for the President. I shall strip him of his military powers for the remainder of the year. All military actions will come from the Senators of the Kokkai for the rest of this year. I am still baffled at his response to a WMD decision and it can not and shall not happen again. To the government of Trigunia, I apologize for the uneducated mistakes of our President. Our Navy ship is coming back home. Thank you.

With that, the Sessei left, still unhappy with his good friend, President Hûng, decision. Sessei Herbert hopes to put this situation aside and focus on the task ahead.
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:21 pm

SIA Agents New Orders

SIA Agents in the streets of Trigunia

With the recent threat of execution of the SIA Agents in Trigunia, Director Tulsa has a new order for the Agents. There were two plans and only one was picked. The new orders for the Agents were to stay in Trigunia in hiding or come back if wanted. The Agents later then sent the Director a message saying that they will stay due to loyalty to their country and their mission. The Agents are reported to be still alive, but they are being hunted.
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:34 pm

Sekowo Begins Hacking

SIA Cyber Hack Sector

The torturing and killing of 4 of the SIA Agents has shook Sekowo. Citizens have been rooting the nation's capital asking for intervenence. With the high pressure, 10 days later, the President gave the SIA the order to start hacking Trigunia's WMD sites and other military electronics. The Trigunian Military has trouble with communicating with each other and the Defence building. Also, government computers and communications in the Defence and Foreign buildings has been interrupted by Sekowan Cyber Hack Sector.

After 20 days of hacking, Sekowo ceased the hacking, awaiting orders from the President. The President didn't give a new order until 4 days after the wait for the SIA Cyber Hackers. He has ordered that the hackers shutdown the power grid in Trigunia for 2 hours. This shall give time for the other 10 SIA Agents to get out of Trigunia with the 2 Blackhawk s that was sent by the SIA HQ. The last 10 return home safely.
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:32 am

Bewilderment and Chaos

President Jiang answers questions at a meeting with the Sessei and Senior Senators of the Kokkai

After a series of unauthorized orders of attack given from the PresidenT during his suspension, the Kokkai has come down to a solution. During the meeting, President Jiang confused the Kokkai Senators with what happened and the way he handled it. The only one not confused was the Sessei.

The Sessei spoke on the President's ignorance, which caused a lot of chaos. A ew days later, the Kokkai has issued a punishment for the President. Here is what is suppose to happen:

-President Jiang Hûng shall be stripped of his duty as President due to abusive attempts
-The Secuirty Detail of the President shall be stripped from him
-President Hûng shall not serve in any government office, program, or organization for the remainder of his life
-He must pay a fine up to 28.4 Million SEK to the nation's Treasury and 103.83 Million to his party

The Kokkai will vote on these for the next few months.
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:23 pm

Sekowo Responds to Trigunia's Message

President Aristarchus responds to Trigunia' in the Foreign Affairs Mass Building.

President Jérémie Aristarchus begins his speech.

People of Sekowo. I would first like to thank you all for selecting me for office of President. Once I entered office, there were miles of work left for me to do. I started on the trading system and the economy, but one thing stayed on my mind and desk. Trigunia.

Recently, Trigunia has sent us a message telling us about their military drills in preparation to us doing something crazy. Well I assure to you all that nothing shall be done for we shall not start a nuclear war. It's a waste of time and money. It's also very ignorant. This is not of my standard or stature to do so.

However, and this is to the National Leader. We are always prepared to defend ourselves. I do not wish to be enemies nor do I want us to fight. I simply want to have a personal friendship between us two as people and also as civilized beings. If you do not wish to do so, we will be elated to to let you go without any misconception and war.

Now, I do know that our previous President has made unauthorized and rather uneducated actions against the nation, but I am not that guy. Yes, I accept military drills. We have them all the time. Yes, I support your decision. One thing I don't support is your way of handling the situation. More could have been done rather than killing our SIA Agents. That is an act of war and shall not be tolerated. I shall look over that and seek peace and not war. If you keep threatening my country and my security, I shall release all my power on your nation. This is no threat, but a promise. Thank you.
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Reddy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:44 pm

Hirano Elected Sessei
February 6, 3855

Hideo Hirano, President of the Sekowan Renaissance Party has been elected Sessei and sworn into his new role by Empress Sakurako. The move comes after the collapse of the Kiyoshi Maki cabinet and his Sun Party which was beset by internal divisions. The 72 year old retired international lawyer Hirano served as a junior Minister in the Foreign Ministry before resigning to form the Renaissance Party with several other Sun Party bigwigs. Indeed, Maki himself accepted to serve in Hirano's Cabinet as Defence Minister.

Sessei Hideo Hirano

Hirano identified his three priorities as budgetary reform, economic reforms particularly privatisation and conclusion of the Ishinawa conference on the Lourenne-Saridan dispute. A self described populist, Hirano found himself pushed by his hard nosed Finance Minister Tarō Sato to carry out substantial and unpopular budgetary cuts to stave off bankruptcy. While Sato is considered the visionary of the Cabinet, he is devoted to maintaining the Sekowan economic model of state sponsored capitalism, albeit with a few tweaks.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby Reddy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:22 am

Dry Times In Sekowo
January 23, 3856

The Renaissance government’s short political honeymoon has come to an end as austerity budget cuts begin to bite. The 52 billion SEK austerity program which was announced early last year is to be carried out over the next four years and has seen certain departments such as the Ministry of Defence, facing massive reductions in allocated spending. Hitherto, most Sekowans accepted this as a necessary sacrifice.

The tide has turned however with the Government’s new plan to dismantle the National Forestry Bureau and sell off all of the forests to private companies while expanding the percentage of forests which can be cleared annually. Latest opinion polls show that 71% of Sekowans are opposed to this move and environmental campaigners have taken advantage of this, in coalition with anti-austerity movements to bring a nationwide protest against the move. The environmentalists claim that the Government is destroying what are some of Terra’s most beautiful and best preserved forests.

The Great Sūkōna Forest in eastern Hokuzan

The Sessei and his Cabinet appear united on the proposal. The Kokkai however has seen the interesting development of a coalition between moderate SK Kokkai members and nationalist ones who have vocally denounced the plan. It remains to be see if the Empress is on board with the opposition to the plan. While her approval is not necessary legal, some of the more devout SK members would never dream of going against her will. Her longtime involvement and patronage of environmental causes will likely see this plan upset her considerably. Her Household Agency staff however refused to confirm if she would or would not intervene in this issue.
Reddy

Postby Reddy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:52 am

Sakurako Crowned Shaman-Queen
July 14, 3856

Queen Sakurako heading a procession of Nurus from the Sakura clan

Empress Sakurako has signed the True Tile Act, relinquishing her title as Empress for what she deems to be the more 'legal and pious' title of Nuru-Joo (Shaman-Queen) The new role combines her position as the leading Nuru(Shaman) in the Sakura clan and the title of Queen, which better suits her pacifism and personal position that, "Empire suggests that we have several countries under our rule and given our diverse population, it is better that we knit the country together as one kingdom - the divine Kingdom of Sekowo" The Government supported her decision strongly even as it faces it a political crisis over the Kokkai's rejection over an economic reform measure, which many view as having been supported by the Palace.
Last edited by Reddy on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reddy

PreviousNext

Return to National News