Beiteynu

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Beiteynu

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:29 pm

Humperdinck Media Group (Luthori)
הפוסט ירושלים | The Yishelem Post
-
BREAKING: Rosh HaMemshala issues 3rd and final Azhara to Lourenne
August 5471

Yishelem, Beiteynu - The 3rd Azhara or Sofi Az'hara (Final Warning) is an equivalent to a "Cease & Desist" notice issued by the Beiteynuese Defence Force; it also equates with the forces reaching the final level of "weapons armed". If engaged or forced to engage, Beiteynu automatically declares war.

This is the first time Beiteynu issues the 3rd and final Azhara to another state.

Luthorian-Yeudi Rosh HaMeshala Patrick Jacobstone:

It is with great sadness that we must accept the situation as our dear old Lourennais friends have forced upon us all. We do not understand and we do not empathise; conservative government or not, Beiteynu will always rise up to meet hegemonic practices face to face; whether they make sense or not.

We implore the Lourennais to back down from this sudden and provocative stance; please, spare the world from this foolishness. But alas, our resolve will endure, even if it means fighting those who we also once called allies.

For the Yeudi People will no longer tolerate a world owned or supervised by any power standing alone unchallenged; especially one exerting its own world view unto to the unsuspecting victims of this world; our dear old trade partners in Seleya included.

Please, we ask that the Canrillaise see reason; before it's too late and we can't back down; nor we will back down.

Tov yoter lehoulam (greater good for all).

Minister of Foreign Affairs Mary Epstein followed up with the following statement:

Dear Citizens,

Here in the Foreign Office we dealt with high-tension situations before but nothing has ever topped what our Homeland is experiencing right now. The Yeudi Way of life is threatened by forces that we deemed friendly to the Yeudi cause, but that at the end of the day, revealed themselves for what they really are.

The Rosh Ha'Memshala, with my party's support, has made a consequential announcement. Listen to him, and rally around the cause of our country, the cause that unites us all, the Yeudi way of life.

Tov yoter lehoulam (greater good for all.

The Medinat Department has also released a scathing denouncement blasting Kasaema for its recent exerting tactics in the Artanian Sea, noting how "Beiteynu will not take kindly to challenges". High ranking sources close to Sneakyeth Avodi cite how he was adamant on terminating the alliance, but has postponed any considerations considering the recent announcement by the Foreign Office stating clearly that Kundrati is standing with Beiteynu.

The Kohav (Military Command) also confirmed the triggering of the mutual defence pact with Bannerhafen, remarking upon how the Beiteynuese Naval Command is essentially relying on N&D and the JAMS agreement to continue and secure the region in this time of global crisis.

Following the announcement, the most optimistic economists forecast an unprecedented and panicked ripple effect all across the Yeudish Neset.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:44 pm

-
BREAKING: Kotor-class BEINS Lekavim frigate destroyed
September 5471

Himmelshtern, Beiteynu - While the Lourennais fleets have allowed the search and rescue of Yeudish sailors, the news has struck the hearts of the people; and it's important to remember there are almost 100 warships in the area in a state of live fire echoing in the air and smoke clouding the waters.

As Badara joins the active fray with military deployments, both sides continue to engage in skirmishes in multiple locations.

A state of war, by all means, with damages on both sides and the Esh Carrier Battle Group withdrawing towards the west.

The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:23 pm

-
BREAKING: 3 more warships destroyed in failed incursion
January 5472

Himmelshtern, Beiteynu - An aerial bombardment from both sides darkened the skies for more than 2 hours resulting in a failed Beiteynuese incursion. 2 more Kotor-class frigates were rendered inoperable and abandoned, including a Horizon-class destroyer of Lourennais origin.

Tactical command has ordered the entire Carrier Battle Group to withdraw further towards Badara and regroup with increasing MSCO numbers.

The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:28 pm

-
Yeudish shipping and finance in Kundrati plummet
January 5472

Sholemberg, Beiteynu - Historically both countries have maintained a great volume of net trade jointly in the Yeudish Neset, with Yeudish entrepreneurs and conglomerates the likes of Ashalon Bank BEIFG and Hadayim leading the charge in a variety of industries alongside international Kundratijan giants like Tomasadyn National; in fact, Ashalon Bank BEIFG and Tomasadyn National together have ventured outwards in the network on multiple occasions and locations.

Kundrati's shocking economic collapse represents the first cracks in a global trading network that has spread its web of commercial associations across continents and industries: finance and shipping sitting at the top of the ladder, now losing a major link in the chain.

Fort William's earlier stock market plummet was another card swept away by wartime.

The shockwave is expected to ripple all throughout the Yeudish Neset, with other major Yeudish markets amplifying the effect to a greater extend across the network, circling back to the mounting collateral damage at the heart of Tel Bira and the Olami Menayot (Stock Exchange).

The Olami Trade Association has been holding emergency meetings with the Medinat Department to ascertain the situation.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:12 pm

-
Kohav holds emergency sessions on use of Yeudicho ICBM
January 5472

Yishelem, Beiteynu - Looking for a strategic advantage in the face of substantial losses and a predicament of being forced to pull back towards Badara, the Kohav (Military Command) has been holding emergency sessions in identifying and launching Yeudicho ICBMs at "strategic locations"; experts have largely assumed, considering Beiteynu's notorious "indirect game" in the past, that these locations may not be entirely Lourennais-centric.

Meaning that Yishelem may not only seek to disrupt military targets and operations by Lourenne, but may use its intercontinental ballistic missiles to "create disruptive scenarios" that Lourennais command and Eroncourt itself may have to deal with.

It's very important to remember that these ICBMs carry conventional warheads - there is no known force capable of producing and maintaining nuclear weaponry to date in Terra - but carry a significant punch capable of levelling an entire block and damaging supply and storage facilities to a great extent.

Analysts have surmised that Yeudish intelligence has "let slip" of these assumed to have been classified emergency sessions strategically.

Apparently the Beiteynuese Defence Force is changing its tune to match the notorious Yeudi Way revered by the Medinat Department.

-

OOC: @anybody - if you want to be targeted (but not necessarily hit) DM me on Discord. No promises of doing it, though.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:26 pm

-
BREAKING: Significant seismic activity detected northwest of Valdheym
February 5472

Valdheym, Beiteynu - Early reports seem to indicate towards a sudden and abrupt movement in a very contained region almost close to the middle of the Desert Bank, the hottest and most arid location in Beiteynu. The seismic activity subsided immediately, indicating a controlled detonation rather than a natural cause.

Weather satellites have picked up bursts of gamma and x-rays, according to a leaked memo from the Amshinov Institute of Technology.

The Beiteynuese Government declined to comment in its entirety.

The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:59 am

-
Navy gains ground with CMRF amidst widespread ICBM concerns
June 5472

Bier Qassem , Badara - With the focus shifting towards indirect confrontation and a frenzy of scenarios from both the Kohav's considerations on using Yeudicho ICBMs and the curious seismic activity that reports indicate of an underground nuclear detonation, the Beiteynuese Naval Command has began pushing back the advance of Lourennais forces off the west coasts of Badara, aided by the CMRF and Bier Qassem's logistical and operational support.

The Sea of Lost Souls may be the battlefield, but the war seems ready to burst outwards, as the world braces for the consequences.

The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:11 pm

-
BREAKING: Beiteynu resigns from the Security Council
June 5472

Yishelem, Beiteynu - Deputy Representative to the Security Council Ishram Shteman announced his and the Permanent Representative's resignations from Beiteynu's post in the 90th Security Council Session a few minutes ago, blasting both Lourennais and Beiteynuese Governments for their "horrendous actions".

For some time now, Lourenne's and Beiteynu's representatives to the World Congress have been critical of their governments.

Presumably, having been "unable to reason" with the Jacobstone Administration and more specifically with the Medinat Department, Mr. Shteman decided to resign in protest of the ongoing military engagements in the Sea of Lost Souls between the two states, a conflict that has shaken international markets to their very core.

Mr. Avodi of the Medinat Department has thus far been unavailable for comment, despite the mounting protests and voices against "this idiocy".
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:59 pm

-
BREAKING: Kohav issues 1st Azhara to Kundrati
July 5472

Yishelem, Beiteynu - "We simply do not understand how that is a behaviour of an ally", was the opening statement of Sneakyeth Avodi, the Head of the Medinat Department in addressing the recent deployment of Kundratijan naval forces to Selucia. He proceeded to confirm that the Homeland State of Beiteynu will be withdrawing from the mutual defence pact and partnership agreements with Kundrati, also terminating Kundrati's access to the Allink.

The Beiteynuese Naval Command has deployed the Yeudi Fleet from Sholemberg towards Selucia, while 1 of the carrier strike groups currently present in the Sea of Lost Souls has been re-tasked to northeastern Selucia in anticipation of the naval forces from Kundrati.

"Back down immediately", was the final statement from the Medinat Department.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby _nicolo_02 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:25 pm

FM: there are no nukes, and MH doesn't want them
The Foreign Minister, found jogging in a park by one of our reporters, was pressed to answer. Probably the PM wasn't too happy.
July 5472

A group of joggers in Sholemberg.

SHOLEMBERG, TADRIKA - In a hot evening of the Beiteynuese war summer, one of our reporters was enjoing ice-cream with his wife in a Sholemberg city park, when he suddenly recogized the Foreign Minister of our Homeland, Ms. Mary Epstein, while jogging in the nature with her dog. That reporter was me, the author of the article, and I'll explain to our readers how I managed to get some substantian answer from Ms. Epstein, who was clearly surprised by my presence. Like any other Beiteynuese, I don't believe there are actually nuclear weapons in the Homeland, but the scathing silence of the Luthorian-Yeudi Rosh Ha'Memshala is doing nothing but raising doubts among the population, so, I decided to leave my ice-cream to my wife (who did not buy me a new one) and start running to ask questions to the FM, with my phone camera. At first I asked whether the Homeland State was losing the war, and Epstein, who did not expect that, recognized me as a Post journalist had said "oh Eliyahu, not you...", but stopped after to answer. "I'll concede three answers, this one included, then you leave me alone, deal?", to which I responded "deal".
The answer to the first question was that Beiteynu, while losing several ships in the first weeks of fighting, has now adjusted its strategy and will continue 'successfully' the defensive military operation against Lourenne, which will eventually, said the FM, 'turn into a tactical victory'. Up second, I asked about the role of Beiteynu's allies in this first part of conflict, to which the FM said:
[...] I have to say that I expected more from them [the allies], we did receive limited support, and in certain cases, no support at all...after all those money...yeah, we're disappointed.

To which I replied that there is the belief that Beiteynu was the aggressor, and the PM's silence on nukes makes even our closest friends think we're developing the 'Big One', she said:
That's laughable, Yoel [my name]. How the hell did we develop a nuke and no-one found out? Yeah, the earthquake, blah blah... that wasn't a nuke. I speak on behalf of my party, if there was a nuke, we wouldn't be longer part of this cabinet. We oppose the nuclear option, my friend the MOD wouldn't use it. As per us being the 'aggressor', everyone witnessed the rise in Lourennais imperialism, if they believe such notion, I suggest they revise carefully the record of the past years. Now, three questions answered, I go. Bye-bye.

The Minister then restarted her jogging journey, and I came back to my wife, visibly angry. But hey, now I have exclusive news!
We tried to contact the office of the Rosh Ha'memshala for further comments, but his secretary replied on his behalf saying that in the cabinet meetings he keeps reassuring the administration that there are no nukes to his best of knowledge, and keeps reminding the cabinet that the country is at war and proper information flow is imperative, the last part was probably directed at Ms. Epstein's impromptu interview. But her interview also shows the broader sentiment shift among the members of Beiteynu's second largest party: an increasing number of members are now asking the leadership to take a dovish stance and pressure Jacobstone to end the war with Lourenne 'before it's too late' - will this sentiment shift turn to something bigger?
Currently in:
- Dundorf: Dundorfs Sozialdemokratische Partei
- Beiteynu: Mifelegett Ha'avodah

Member of the Role-Play Committee (RPC)
_nicolo_02

PreviousNext

Return to National News