Telamon

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

3318 Elections

Postby mhogan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:43 pm

TELAPOLIS - Recent elections have once again put House Stafford on top of the political universe in Telamon. Ealdread Claudius Stafford, claimant to the historic Iron Throne of Telamon, won the elections for The elected representative of His Royal Majesty Michael Victor II Kansar, High King of the Tela, King of New Majatra and King-in-Exile of the Solentians, Duke of Telapolis, Lord of the Five Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm; Hand of the King, a title he denies the existence of. After his victory speech, Mr. Stafford made the following remarks to a Telamon Morning Post reporter:

"The title of Head of State is disgusting in this country. Michael Victor II Kansar is no longer the Head of State, and the title of Head of State should be changed immediately. I think the results of this election proved that the people of Telamon do not believe in the Kansar dynasty, and prefer their historic leaders."

This comes after a huge win by the House of Stafford in the elections of 3318. Mr. Stafford won the election for Head of State with 63.3% of the vote and the elections for the Parliament were just as big, with House Stafford taking over 60% of the vote, snagging 346 seats for the upcoming legislative session. Lord Hand Stafford also expressed his dismay with the changes to the name of the New Majatra Kingdom, which has historically been called Migadon.

"Migadon is the ancestral home of my people. We will not stand for it to be named New Majatra. Along with the name for Head of State, changing these names are our priorities for reform in the upcoming legislative session."

Not long after the June elections, House Stafford passed a new cabinet, giving them complete control over every area of government. Eadmund Germanicus, King Ealdread's younger brother, will be taking control as Lord Chancellor, while the patriarchal Eadwyn Thorne will be taking over as Minister of Foreign Affairs. Luwyn Luxford will return as Minister of Finance, and Aleister Crowley will be the Minister of Defence.

This is great news for House Stafford, but what will happen to the other political parties in Telamon? It remains to be seen if House Kansar, House Torvellian and House Arinidi can unite to oppose the political will of House Stafford. They have not had to deal with a party so completely in control of Telamonese politics since the Kansar dynasty. It should be an interesting 42 months until the next elections.
mhogan

Re: Telamon Morning Post

Postby Zanz » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:58 am

House of Kansar 'disappointed' by Stafford disloyalty
Telapolis, New Majatra, Telamon
January 3321

The representation of the royal family in Parliament has made public its disappointment with House Stafford and the Hand of the King, Ealdread Claudius, following the Hand's refusal to recognize HRM Michael Victor II as High King of the Tela.

His Royal Majesty the Crown Prince of Telamon, acting as Governor of the Kansar household, decried the Hand's actions as 'detrimental to the success of the Telamonese nation.'

'The House Stafford,' he said to press at a conference from Castle Victor in Telapolis, 'risks polarizing the Telamonese people in a time of fragility and growth. The Hand of the King is supposed to serve as His Royal Majesty's most loyal and faithful aid; instead, the Lord Hand Eadread is acting in a manner detrimental to the success of the Telamonese nation. The government is supposed to serve His Royal Majesty and the Realm loyally; instead, the Lord Chancellor Eadmund has stacked the Cabinet with Stafford men whose loyalty is to a house that holds no love for our High King. These are dire omens, friends. The House of Kansar calls upon the respectable houses of Torvellian and Arinidi, and indeed, those with reason within the house Stafford, to come forth and renew their pledges of fealty to High King Michael Victor II. We also call upon the nations of the world to recognize His Royal Majesty as the rightful monarch of the Five Kingdoms of Telamon.'

Tensions have run high in Telamon since 3318 when the House Stafford seized a majority - but failed to gain a super majority - in Parliament. The Kansar monarchy remains for the time being, but is threatened. 3321 is believed by both sides to be one that will be a turning point.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

House Stafford continues disloyalty; passes radical reforms

Postby mhogan » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:59 am

TELAPOLIS - Lord Hand Stafford, elected in 3318 with 63% of the vote, has continued his reign of disloyalty to Michael II Victor Kansar, the Solentian claimant to the monarchy in Telamon. Protesting has broken out at the gates of Castle Victor, while the High King of Telamon cowers in his bedchambers. House Stafford spokesman Jennifer Wood said the House Stafford political operation is actively supporting the protests.

"House Kansar is a bastard party of Solentian rebels. They should not be taken seriously," said Wood, "We need to banish them from our lands. They have no claim to the throne of Telamon. They should be permanently deported back to Solentia. We will never pledge fealty to a rebel Kansar lord. We view the elections of 3318 as a clear signal that the people of Telamon will never fully accept the Crown Prince as the real King. As a loyal Stafford supporter, I will always pledge fealty to King Ealdread."

After taking a majority in Parliament and every single cabinet post, House Stafford sits atop the political world while Michael II Victor of House Kansar sits in his castle, waiting for a better political climate. Although we have seen the absent King publicly decry the disloyalty of Mr. Stafford, saying what the Hand of the King is 'supposed' to do, and saying who the government is 'supposed' to serve, with no cabinet posts and a minority in Parliament, House Kansar has very little real power in Telamonese politics. Sources inside the Defense Ministry say that Defense Minister Aleister Crowley, a vassal of House Stafford, has been executing generals found loyal to House Kansar and replacing them with vassals from Houses Farnham and Wheatley.

Amid the protesting and executions, Parliament has voted to enact the Partial Repeal of Kansar Omnibus 3320, a bill which nationalizes the banking and defense industries and bans private schools, and puts those industries safely in the pocket of the House Stafford ministers.

"The 3318-3322 legislative session was an overall win for House Stafford, passing radical reforms to support the administration and a partisan cabinet, although they failed to gather a supermajority to make the changes they wanted in the Constitution," said MSU law professor Timothy LeVay, "Now everyone is looking to the 3322 elections, which will ultimately decide who controls the governments for the next legislative session."
mhogan

Postby Zanz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:50 am

HRM the High King denounces his Hand, calls upon foreign allies for aid
July 3321

Following shocking recent media reports that the Stafford government, led by the Hand of the King Ealdread Claudius and Minister of Defence Aleister Crowley, has been summarily executing generals for no crime other than their loyalty to the rightful King of Telamon, His Royal Majesty Michael Victor II has denounced his Hand and named Prince Sylvester Arinidi of Lirona as acting Hand of the King and called upon the allies of the House of Kansar to intervene.

"My friends," began His Royal Majesty in a somber tone, broadcast across the Five Kingdoms. "We face now a scourge more dangerous and vile than any that has gripped the nation of Telamon in a thousand years. My own Hand, whose duty it is to be your loyal representative to myself, has openly defied and denounced me. In error, I gave him and his house the benefit of the doubt. For too long have the crimes of the Staffords gone unpunished. Now they presume to take the law into their own hands and brutally murder Telamonese citizens for no fault other than their love and devotion to me. My heart is heavy with loss, and my prayers go out to the families of those who have been martyred by Stafford executioners.

"There is no curse foul enough to suit the Staffords. They have manipulated elections to grant themselves unwarranted victories, they have presumed to claim the very same throne upon which the Arch-Patriarch Chretien I crowned me. They have led mercenaries and foreign anarchists in protest outside the walls of Castle Victor, and they have massacred good men and replaced them with puppets loyal only to themselves. These are all just causes for war, and I fear that it may come to that. So long as the Pretender Ealdread maintains a claim to my throne, there shall be no lasting peace in Telamon.

"It is with great deliberation that I must denounce the corrupt murderer Ealdread and name the ever loyal head of the House of Arinidi, Prince Sylvester of Lirona, as my loyal Hand. He shall be entrusted with the right to represent my wishes at Parliament as well as overseas until such time as a credible election can be held and a proper Hand installed democratically.

"I also call upon all of the allies of my house and my kingdom: The Karavs in Beluzia, the Stroms and Thors in Davostag, The Hessexes in Quanzar, the Arindis and Torvellians in Telamon, and all the righteous governments of Terra; Denounce the Staffords and lend my house your support. Speak to the Pretender Ealdread and let him know firmly that you will not stand for his murderous regime or his false claims. Now is my house's hour of need!"
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Zanz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:10 am

Crisis averted as loyalist houses retake Parliament
January 3322

A situation that seemed poised to become a major internal crisis in the Five Kingdoms of Telamon has been diffused following elections this month.

HRM the Crown Prince retook his position as Hand of the King with the endorsement of the loyalist House of Arinidi, rendering inconsequential the unwillingness of the previous Hand - the Pretender Ealdread Claudius - to work with HRM the High King.

In addition, the Stafford supermajority in Parliament was broken. All three loyalist houses - Arinidi, Kansar, and Torvellian - saw gains at the polls, and the Staffords lost 201 members of Parliament, lending creedence to the Kansar claims of Stafford poll rigging in the last election.

The situation in Telamon is predicted to quiet some as a state of normalcy retakes the Five Kingdoms. The High King's recent call for support from international allies - heeded quickly by the House of Hessex in Quanzar, and in private by other families - has been rescinded as bloodshed is far less likely now that loyalists have retaken control of the government.

A celebration of the loyalist victory is planned to be held at the royal palace, Castle Victor, in Telapolis. Foreign dignitaries are invited to attend.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby AntScales » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Lord Chancellor's Initiative
May 3322

TELAMON- After the Loyalist victory earlier this year, a new cabinet was proposed. This new cabinet, which was approved by Parliament as the new government, is led by Prince Sylvester of Lirona as Lord Chancellor.

Lord Chancellor Prince Sylvester settle in a few months ago and, today, announce the implementation of the reorganization of the government of Telamon in all matters.

The Staffords let this nation fall to pieces and were too focused on establishing a power base and dethroning our King to act in the people's best interest. It is my office's, and, indeed, the entire government's, goal to return this nation to its rightful place and make it a better place or all people.
Lord Chancellor Sylvester

The Lord Chancellor ushered in this initiative with the proposal of a bill to clearly define Telamon's military, giving it more order and coherency than ever before.
Last edited by AntScales on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
AntScales

Postby AntScales » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:58 am

Defense Consults Arrive
July 3322

After the implementation of the Lord Chancellor's organization of the military, help was sought from nations more advanced in that field. The nation that was most sought out as an advisory source was Davostan, seeing as how it is a more militarized nation than most. After careful consultation between the House of Thor and the House of Arinidi, Davostan agreed to send several military experts to advise Telamon on the organization of their military.

Defense Minister Kerry Karlsen, Prince John Strom of Tarekha, Prince Mark Strom of Tarekha, Prince General Matthew Zachary, and the HH King Thurmond Storm of Tarekha were all welcomed earlier today in Telapolis from our neighbors up north. They were welcomed by HRM David Victor II, King of Sevescia, HRM Mary Strom-Kansar, HH The Lord Chancellor, HG Lord Sylvester Arinidi II, HH Princess Ruth Zachary-Arinidi, and Rt. Hon Nadiyya El-Hashem, MP, as well as several other prominent members of the Loyalist Parties.

The advisers will be hosted in various cities around Telapolis as they continue with their work in assisting the Government in establishing order in the military.
AntScales

Postby AntScales » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:57 am

House of Arinidi Denounces New Beluzia Regime
Castle Arinidi, Calneveri, Telamon

Earlier today, the Lord Chancellor invited the international press to hear him speak on the hot button issue of Beluzia and their new regime. Prince Dr. Sylvester made this highly controversial statement to the press with Princess Anna by his side, near tears.

A few months ago, my daughter and son-in-law were forced off the throne of Beluzia. They were not fairly elected away and allowed to return to Iker Ado or Parlos Decina, they were thrown out of ancestral homes and force to take refuge in the arms of honest citizens. Well, if the world will excuse my bluntness on the issue, noting that I do not speak for Telamon AT THIS TIME, the Blue Coalition is nothing. They are pitiful, scheming, ridiculous libertarians who would, if they could, have sexual relations in public parks and run through the roads nude! I don't care how long it takes, they will be overthrown at one point in time and my family will rejoice when they do.

My daughter rightfully reigned as High Countess of Beluzia. Now, Countess Celeste Arinidi runs from her own palace, her husband's own ancestral home, to take refuge on an island. Now, my friends, you will excuse me if I sound a bit selfish or over protective, but I will NOT have this. I have dispatched 1500 troops flying Arnidi colors to Beluzia, where they will protect my daughter and her family from ANY harm that might come to them.

Let me issue this one warning to you, the 'Blues of Beluzia': If my daughter or her family are further driven away or are in any way harmed or physical threats are made against them, Hell, pure Hell, will reign down over you. If you bother to learn my family's history, you will learn that the women of our family are the most valued members and we will cross every ocean, every valley, every river, climb every mountain, and kill every Blue to keep them safe. Make a threat to my son's or daughter's health, and there will be NO stopping the Hell fire that this Hosian family is able to reign down. We will gather up the extreme powers of Heaven and Earth to DESTROY THIS PHAGE. We will not stop. Now, if you all will excuse me, I must administer this nation as well as care for a distraught family seeking to see one of its most beloved members safe.

After making this speech, the Prince and Princess of Lirona returned to the interior of their home, leaving an awed and befuzzled public. The reporters screamed their questions, but none were answered as the arms of the House of Arinidi, with an escutcheon of the arms of Countess Celeste, were hoisted from all towers of Castle Arinidi. Never has such emotion been shown from this family and NEVER has the Lord Chancellor separated his rolls as leader of Telamon and leader of his family. With Telamonese politics in limbo, no one knows whether this will provide just the issue to stir the people's opinion to the Staffords or drudge sympathy for the House of Arinidi. Either way, it seems as if our dearest Lord Chancellor will be working harder than ever to see the Staffords brought down. For all others in his line of fire, you are cautioned by this reporter.
AntScales

Postby AntScales » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:49 am

Royal Wedding
July 3331

The nation of Telamon rejoices today. Parades flow through Telapolis and the capitals of the Kingdoms and our flags fly at full mast as the Houses of Kansar and Arinidi celebrate the wedding of Prince Christopher Arinidi of Antepec and Princess Sarah Kansar, Princess Royal of Sevescia. The two have been betrothed since infancy and have reportedly become good friends and have developed a genuine affection for one another.

Before the wedding, Artanian Catholic rites were performed over Prince Christopher, as the wedding was conducted by a Theognosian clergyman. In attendance were ALL noblemen of Telamon, representatives from Dolgava, Beiteneyu, Beluzia, and many other nations. HM the High King was said to be in poor health but refused to miss this monumental event that produced one of the highest ranking and most universal couples in the land, as both will be Princes of Telamon as well as all of the Five Kingdoms in one way or another.

An auspicious reception was held at Castle Arinidi to celebrate the wedding. All attendees at the wedding were in attendance. The party was extremely festive, with all types of music played, dances performed, and much more. The couple was said to be all laughs and smiles as the night went on. They adjourned to their private home on the edge of Arinidi lands at about 1 a.m.
AntScales

Postby Zanz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:34 pm

The High King of the Tela is dead! Long live the High King of the Tela!
October 3331

His Royal Majesty Michael Victor II Kansar, High King of the Tela, passed away at the age of 66 last night, said a press release from the royal House of Kansar in Castle Victor.

The death of Telamon's first Kansar monarch has triggered a month of nationwide mourning.

His Royal Majesty was said to have appeared in poor health at the wedding of his granddaughter Princess Sarah Kansar to Christopher Arinidi in July. The royal announcement of his death cited natural causes as the manner of his passing.

The funeral service for the High King of the Tela is slated to occur at the Theognosian Cathedral of Telapolis. His Royal Majesty's coffin will be on display for mourners to visit and pay their respects.

With the passing of the High King, his son, David Victor III, has ascended to the Iron Throne of Telamon. He has become HRM David Victor III, High King of the Tela, King of New Majatra. He has abdicated his throne in Kirimerdam, Sevescia, to his son Karl II, who at 17 becomes Crown Prince of Telamon and King of Sevescia. Upon his own ascension, Karl will be the first Telamonese-born High King of the Tela. His father and grandfather were both born in Halion, Solentia.

The royal family is said to be distraught at the loss of their head of household. Letters of condolence are welcomed.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

PreviousNext

Return to National News