Telamon

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: TELAMON BROADCASTING CORPORATION (TBC)

Postby Vidoja » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:41 pm

YankeeHater wrote:Krkljus Arrested outside Andalay Palace

PORT ANDALAY, ANDALAY (LBC) -- Telamon's Foreign Minister miscalculated as he strolled outside Andalay Palace, home of Divine Majesty Diggory, followed by international media. Footage obtained by the Lodamese Broadcasting Corporation shows Vojislav Krkljus saying "Pity I cannot go to this building, I am on a mission of peace..." when Royal Guards approached and placed him under arrest for trespassing. Charles J. Moody, Commander of the Royal Guards, said charges of trespassing were dropped, but that Mr. Krkljus will be detained for further questioning while the Justice Ministry considers charges of espionage and conducting diplomacy without credentials.

Telamonian users should ignore this post. Explanation can be found in the "Formal Visits" forum, the topic where Vojislav Krkljus visites Lodamun.
Vidoja

Postby peterJS » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Krkljus Released and Deported!

Port Andalay, Lodamun - Foreign Minister John Stevenson and Justice Minister Lee Johnson have agreed to release Foreign Minister of Tealmon, Krkljus, and he has been deported and banned from Lodamun and carrying out any further Diplomatic Relations with the Divine Majesties Government of the Lodamese Union.

The Foreign Minister, John Stevenson, has now issued a statement that all Diplomatic discussions will take place between the President of Telamon until a time when they have a new Foreign Minister.
peterJS

Lebowitz Sworn In

Postby BStar492 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:53 am

Lebowitz Sworn In

President Herman Gustav, created a new cabinet today, after his first attempt was blocked by the Rightful Radical Party. The new cabinet gave Martin Lebowitz the Foreign Ministry, by replacing Mr. Vojislav Krkljuš. After an increasingly hostile turn of events Mr. Krkljuš, was promptly removed from the Cabinet for his actions against the betterment of Telamon. In a press conference Martin Lebowitz told reporters, "I am a great admirer of Mr. Krkljuš. I have learned a lot by studying his dedication to the international affairs of Telamon. I am completely disheartened by his lack of proper judgment in pursuing a visit to a friendly nation that told him not to come." Mr. Lebowitz now has the task of mending the fragile relationship with the Lodamese Union. "We have been allies with the Lodamese Union for more or less one hundred years, I would hate for the mistake of one man to end that alliance in a moment," said Mr. Lebowitz. It is uncertain what the outcome of this situation will be, but it will take determination from both nations.
BStar492

Landmark Day

Postby DCD » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:33 pm

DCD Commemorates 250 Years

The Democratic Capitalist Delegation, Telamon's largest party, held a large gathering of 60,000 at their headquarters in Telapolis this week to celebrate the party's 250th consecutive year in Parliament. Every major party dignitary was in attendance, including President Herman Gustav. Also present at the DCD's anniversary celebration were notable national figures, including Jewish Defense League chairman Barry Cohen and newly installed Foreign Affairs minister Martin Lebowitz.

Prime Minister Hershey served as the keynote speaker for the event, offering the following comments: "The DCD has faithfully served Telamon for 250 consecutive years now, the past 50 of which we have served as the largest party and the leader of the government. This kind of consistency is unmatched by any party in our country's history, and is made possible only by the undying support of the people of Telamon, for whom we have fought to empower from our first day in Parliament. We can only dream that our next 250 years will bring as much positive change to Telamon as the first 250."

The DCD's anniversary parade marches down Main St. in downtown Telapolis

President Gustav also gave a short speech, but gave a greater national focus in his words. "For 250 years now, we have fought alongside many good parties to make Telamon a better place for the next generation. For 250 years, we have fought against many tyrannical parties who have attempted many different ways to manipulate power. I think we are all satisfied to see that after 250 years of dedicated fighting, the nation has been left in the hands of four very capable and ethical parties."

In addition to the speakers, the DCD held a parade and festivities for the rest of the night. The commemoratory celebration came as a pleasant distraction from the recent political turbulence experienced by the government. In an interview following his keynote remarks, Chairman Hershey had very little to say about the recent cabinet shakeup. "I would prefer not to talk about [the new cabinet]," he said. "President Gustav has already presented the facts-- he felt that continued positive relations with the Lodamese Union were contingent on a change in the foreign affairs department, so he did what he had to in order to make the change," he added.

With the controversial cabinet change passed into effect, it is now highly anticipated that the DCD may be facing problems with the RRP at home for years to come. "I'm not trying to take stabs at anyone or start a partisan war in Parliament, I just tried to do what I thought was in the best interest of our country," President Gustav commented in an interview after the rally. "It is understandable that Vojislav Krkljus and the Rightful Radical Party are upset, but I have no regrets about my decision. They were offered new cabinet positions of equal merit and refused to accept them. They left me no choice."

The TBC was also able to pull aside newly installed Foreign Affairs minister Martin Lebowitz for a short interview after the rally. "I have nothing but the utmost respect for my predecessor. Mr. Krkljus has worked his entire life for Telamon. I think that the situation Telamon was put in was very difficult for everyone, especially President Gustav. We were caught between a rock and a hard place. When President Gustav approached me and asked if I would work toward resolving the conflict with the Lodamese Union, I felt obligated to help," he commented. After being asked about the necessity of ejecting the RRP from the government, he added, "Actually President Gustav initially did not kick the Rightful Radical Party out of the Cabinet. He proposed a new cabinet that gave the RRP the Defense Ministry among other cabinet positions. The RRP decided to not vote for that cabinet. It was my understanding that the RRP would not vote for any cabinet that did not give itself the Foreign Ministry. The point of the new cabinet was remove Mr. Krkljus from the Foreign Ministry. The only clear course of action was for President Gustav to take the entire RRP out of the Cabinet."

The RRP could not be reached for comment on this story.
DCD

Rumors

Postby BStar492 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:38 pm

Lebowitz to Pursue Talks

It has been leaked to the press that Mr. Lebowitz, the newly elected Foreign Affairs Minister, has been in contact with the Lodamese Union on working toward improving relations. There is no news on what grounds may be discussed, just that Mr. Lebowitz has talked to members of the Lodamese Union. Mr. Lebowitz was not available for comment.
BStar492

Postby Vidoja » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:35 am

"Voters know when injustice is done!"

The Rightful Radical Party was elected the largest party in Telamon once again in the October 2805 Elections. The first impressions from RRP officials were "We're back!", "Take that DCD!", "Krkljus did good, the voters know it!".

"We were right!"

Vojislav Krkljus and Nikola Mandaric

The Speech of Vojislav Krkljus
"This has been a really tense evening, but the truth is out: We were right! We are the Rightful Radical Party, we want to change Telamon radically but rightfully. This scandal of the present Government has finally shown the voters that we are the right party to vote for! Even the Presidential results promise us a new president, hopefully. Onward Telamon! Onward Lodamun! Onward the Rightful Radical Party!"

The Speech of Nikola Mandaric
"First of all, I would like to thank two of our friends: the Democratic Party of Telamon and the Revolutionary Congress. We have shown the DCD what it means to make a mistake. But we wouldn't have done so without them. Thank You. Onward Telamon and the right bloc!

Elections Analysis
Predrag Bereš, Analyst
Ere the evening fell, it was obvious: the Rightful Radical Party is the largest party in Telamon. With 80,25% voters voting, the elections were pretty fair, 10 more per cent than the last election (hence the RRP's new source of voters). The RRP got new voters, while the DCD nearly lost half of its voters. The PPP did magnificent for a new party, receiving 105 seats. The JDL lost half of its voters, while the RC and DPT rose steadily -- but sure. There are going to be difficulties creating a new Government, and I believe that the current one will prevail another 5 years, causing another fall of the voters of the left bloc. The two obvious coalitions, DCD+JDL+PPP and RRP+RC+DPT do not make 334 seats. The JDL is a known party of the right bloc, while it constantly makes a coalition with the leftist DCD. Another interesting thing is that the DCD included DPT in its Government, ignoring the fact that they supported the RRP's candidate in the elections. I do not believe that the President would propose any coalition containing the RRP and maybe RC. Also, a all-party Government is not really possible.

2800 elections

2805 elections
Vidoja

Telamon Times

Postby BStar492 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:53 am

Lebowitz's "List"

In the last few weeks Foreign Minister Martin Lebowitz has been making great progress in furthering Telamon's list of allies. "I have been in contact with over three different country's Foreign Ministers, and already have one coming to visit Telamon, while I visit anther in their country," said Lebowitz, "I have a list of countries in Terra that are my current priorities." While he would not comment on what nations he has been in contact with or which countries are on his "List", it is easy to infer that one of them has to be the Lodamese Union. There was a large anti-Telamon movement in the Lodamese Union after the former Foreign Minister's visit and one of the first promises made by Lebowitz was that he was going to work to better relations with the Lodamese Union.

Foreign Minister Martin Lebowitz

With the Lodamese Union as one of the nations that must be on Lebowitz's "List," there has been rumors that the Holy Luthori Empire is also one of the nations. While it is not clear who Foreign Minister Lebowitz is talking to, it is apparent that he is working on creating better Foreign Relations for Telamon.

Danny Concannon
Senior Correspondent
Telamon Times
BStar492

Postby Vidoja » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:38 pm

Mandaric deems Lebowitz inexperienced

Nikola Mandaric in Parliament

The speech of Nikola Mandaric in Parliament.
... I think we simply cannot afford to have a Minister who is inexperienced. This is the case with Lebowitz. Sure, we all learn, but we don't all learn while we are serving the function in which we have to know something that we currently don't. Its like giving a housewife to preform a medical operation. It doesn't go like that. Now, to return to 2807 budget...

While speaking the words "This is the case with Lebowitz", it was seen that Mr Krkljus showed the "no sign" with his fingers to Mandaric. No reaction was observed. It may seem that the RRP is not united in this thought.
Vidoja

Postby DCD » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:27 am

President Gustav Weighs in on Election

President Herman Gustav offered his take on the recent election results in Telamon which left the RRP with a victory in the Parliamentary election, as well as shedding light on his troubles forming a new cabinet. TBC Political Analyst William Addison has the interview:

WA: Thank you for joining us, President Gustav.

HG: Oh no problem will, the pleasure is mine.

WA: First I would like to ask you about the election results. What is your take on what happened?

HG: Well first I think I should address a misinterpretation in the analysis of the election, perpetuated mostly by the RRP. He claims that the decreased performance of the Democratic Capitalist Delegation was due mostly to a disapproval of how I handled the Lodamese crisis, by removing Mr. Krkljus. By any close analysis of the election, it can be seen that this simply is not true.

WA: But it seems very straigh forward Mr. President, they disapproved of your handling of the situation, so they voted for a different party.

HG: That's the misconception: the truth is, the voters re-elected me as President. If they had disapproved my handling of the situation, I would have been voted out of office. Everyone knows that the reason the DCD performed poorly was because of a poor decision by [former DCD Chairman] Donivan Hershey to try and betray a core belief of our party. His resignation was submitted to party HQ promptly after the election.

WA: Well let's move on to the new government. Will Telamon see a new cabinet formed in this term?

HG: That is up to the People's Progressive Party. They declined my first cabinet proposal because they wanted Mike [Garrish, current Chairman of the DCD] and I to go out and get more parties involved in what we were doing. So we went out and met with the top officials of each party seated in Parliament and ended up finding out that the Revolutionary Congress was the only party of the right interested in sitting on a bipartisan government. So we tried to get a deal done, and the RC ended up deciding that it wasn't for them. Now we're back to a point where the PPP is the only party left who has shown interest in serving in the government, and they have yet to get back to me to negotiate a deal.

WA: So what is the administration's plan if the PPP doesn't get back to you?

HG: We're considering a number of options right now, all of which involve reopening talks with various parties of the right. In the mean time, the JDL-DCD will continue to be the acting government.

WA: Thanks for your time, Mr. President.

WG: Take care will.
DCD

Postby Vidoja » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:35 pm

RRP's Presidential Candidate: Milutin Nicin

Former Prime Minister, Milutin Nicin

The Head Council of Political Acting of the Rightful Radical Party announced that Milutin Nicin is going to be their next candidate for president. He is the former Prime Minister, and he played a key role in the Telamon-Migadon-Likatonia crisis.

Vidoja

PreviousNext

Return to National News