Telamon

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Telamon Morning Post

Postby Lucipher » Fri May 22, 2020 5:41 pm

Announcement from the Office of the High Queen
Annalise I and her close friend and Foreign Minister Viktoria Ludvigsen at an interview following the anouncement
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
29th December 4759
High Queen Announces her Intention Not to Accept Kivonia's Plea for her to Return
After usurper Head of the Nation Augustin Volkhardt pleas for Annalise's return, she declines him the pleasure
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vanirhöll: At the High Queen's retreat in Vanirhöll in Vesturland, Telamon, she announced her intentions NOT to return to Kivonia until her flag flies over it. She made a solemn oath on her claims to international thrones (Davostan-Kivonia, Telamon, Kanjor) stating that she would strive to protect the people of Davostan-Kivonia even if it took a war to do so. She also took the time to request to be the one to execute Augustin Volkhardt for his crimes against humanity when she arrives in the capital of Kivonia once the war is over.

She announced a message for Mr. Volkhardt:
My dearest Mr. Volkhardt, what can I say to you? You kill my people, you threaten me, you denounce my right to what you had taken from me without my consent! I and my people have powerful friends, "Head of the Nation". More powerful than yours, and far more than you will ever be. It's hard to keep a straight face when you walk around making threats at a nation almost twice the size of your own, with twice the allies of twice the strength of yours. But, you know what they say: double the pride, double the fall. And I will enjoy watching your fall, Mr. Volkhardt. I'll see you in the Palace in Kivonia once we win this war... and I'm ecstatic to be the one to execute you. Sleep well.

She certainly does not beat around the bush and neither does her government, after an aide revealed that the Foreign Minister wrote a stern letter to the Kazulian government after they threatened to withhold aid due to Telamon's aggressive stance on Davostan. We can only hope she gets what she wants, because she is a formidable force that even a respected and veteran military man like Mr. Volkhardt would be afraid of.
Currently:
Objectist Front (Scionist Fraction) (Hobrazia)
Formerly:
Vienota Kreiso/Astaritistu Koalīcija (Dolgava)
Controller of Medina in the Third World
Sameinaður Göfuga Sósíalistaflokk (Telamon)
Grey Eminence (Likatonia)
Lucipher

Postby Auditorii » Fri May 22, 2020 6:14 pm

Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Augustus Germanus » Fri May 22, 2020 8:06 pm

Nationell Samling in Davostag Image
Augustus Germanus

Postby John Cracker » Fri May 22, 2020 9:06 pm

Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby Lucipher » Sat May 23, 2020 6:16 pm

The Noble Gazette
The Noble Gazette is a Telamonese-Davostani-Kivonian Newspaper, Dedicated to Spreading the Truth of What is Happening in the Three Nations.
12th June 4760
High Queen Speaks Out about Past Remarks and Success of 3 Year Plan. Also, the Likatonian Attack and National Defence
After making some self-described "remarks in bad taste", the High Queen corrects herself and applauds the workingmen and women of Telamon.

Hvítursteinn: The High Queen recently made some remarks about Davostan-Kivonia and its leadership, saying she was "ecstatic to be the one to execute [Volkhardt]", which naturally the usurper Kivonian government seized upon, with the shadowy and elusive "Councilor to the Republic" Julius Callus, saying that Her Majesty was "a complete psychotic maniac", "a warmonger and anti-democrat", as well as a "MAD Queen". Of course we of the Noble Gazette share this with you, unlike the usurper Kivonian state, because we do not fear the people and their knowledge. Her Majesty responded carefully, choosing her words as any true royalty would:
Firstly, I'd like to retract my previously statement about my "ecstatic" manner. It was wholly unprofessional, uncalled for, and unlike me. I do still think, though, that Volkhardt needs to be ended, for the sake of everyone in Makon and the world. I do admire, of course, Mr. Volkhardt's cool and respectful response, and I say to him: we will not try to invade you. We will. And we will win. Not for me, or my family- for the people of Makon. And to the clearly deranged Julius Callus, I say to you to not worry, you will be safe in a warm, comfortable mental institution soon enough, not out there in the cold and in over your head. Thank you all for coming today. Long live our struggle, long live democracy in Makon!

Her Majesty later remarked on the successes of our First 3 Year Plan, which is now 6 months, or 1/6, of its way to completion. Already we have seen massive production boosts as well as domestic morale boosts. Many foreign corporations clearly want a piece of our development, but Her Majesty has been wise to keep them at by and by nationalising most major industries to keep the power and money in the hands of the Telamonese people. She personally expressed amazement when she saw the statistics for the number of people supporting the Plan and working on it. Already, halfway through the year, enough copper and lumber has been produced that normally would've taken the full year, solidifying the nation on it's goal to at east double former production.

Three Taab JAS 41 Gyrfalcons fly over the western edge of Telamonese waters
As many know, Likatonian ships entered Telamonese waters recently and committed what the government calls "an act of state-orchestrated terrorism". Not state-sponsored, but state orchestrated. The Telamonese navy is now actively patrolling the waters around the nation, focusing the areas where it is closest to Davostan-Kivonia. After Kivonia's air exercises, anti-aircraft batteries have been installed across the western portion of the country, and multiple military plans are being drafted. The Telmonese Navy, consisting of 43 Patrol Boats, 22 Submarines, 19 Frigates, and 36 Corvettes has been spread out, obviously no match for the battleships Likatonia allegedly brought to their attack but enough to stop smaller groups, has been dispatched. The Telamonese Air Force as well has been spread out to defend from Davostan-Kivonian and Likatonian air assault, and although the 300+ Taab JAS 41 Gyrfalcons, licensed fighters from Kazulia, are easily superior to the older Davostan-Kivonian models, who knows how they'll match up against a newer or stronger Air Force.
Currently:
Formerly:
Lucipher

Postby John Cracker » Sat May 23, 2020 8:51 pm

Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby Lucipher » Thu May 28, 2020 10:56 pm

The Noble Gazette
The Noble Gazette is a Telamonese-Davostani-Kivonian Newspaper, Dedicated to Spreading the Truth of What is Happening in the Three Nations.
12th June 4760
First 3 Year Plan Coming to a Close This Year, High Queen Again Remarks on Success and Recent Kivonian Aggression
Now in February of 4763, with the First 3 Year Plan ending this December, the High Queen made a statement about it's successes, the plan for the future, and how Kivonian aggression is hurting the people of Terra

Hvítursteinn: Her Majesty Annalise I went to downtown Hvítursteinn today to her favorite coffee shop, where she frequently has private meetings with foreign officials and Telamonic citizens for what she describes as: "a comfortable feel, it's like people can be themselves there and not mindless politicians pushing an agenda". Her panel of reporters (including one from the Telamon Morning Post) were there along with usual patrons and a few citizens who came in from the cold. She spoke about how proud she was of the citizens of Telamon, and that she'd traveled across the country over the last two years since the Plan started, staying with families around Telamon to "go back to what it felt like as a regular person", as we know Her Majesty loves authenticity and compassion in her nation.

Her Majesty sitting alongside her friend and Industry Minister Vinjar Þorkelsson at the meeting

She then handed the conversation over to her old friend, Trade and Industry Minister Vinjar Þorkelsson. Þorkelsson, colloquially known among friends as "the Þork" (pronounced "thork" for those who don't speak Telamonic), spoke about the successes of the First Plan, with the GDP increasing a mind-blowing 11% already, when previously expected to rise by 12% by the end of 4763. Current output, he announced, is at the expected point, an average of 3 times the pre-Plan levels of production. Copper is apparently at 257% (expected at 241%), gold is at 179% (expected at 175%), and lumber is at 446% (expected at 454%).

This bodes well for the Telamonic economy, as they race to further industrialise the nation of 21 million people to match the rival Kivonian economy. Once basic chemical refinement started late last year (August 4762), experts began to calculate the predicted output at around 500% (please note, readers, that the basic chemical refinement industry had been largely downsized since before the fascist regime took Telamon, almost 100 years ago in 4688). The High Queen took the center stage for another public announcement later, calling for the creation of a public holiday to announce the starting and finishing of the 3 Year Plans, the she said "have revitalised the economy of Telamon, and shall put us on the world stage as a model for those wishing to expand their own nations' economies". She finished her speech with her tradition closer, but added something else: "Thank you all for coming today. Long live our struggle, long live democracy in Macon, and long live our gracious everyday people who work so hard to make our country strong. And something else: I have a fun surprise planned, and those involved should stay quiet as to not ruin it for the rest of us!" We at the Morning Post do not know what her surprise is, and after reaching out to the Queen's Representative, who essentially told us that she wasn't permitted to tell, but instead for us to trust her, tell the people of Telamon to do the same: trust Her Majesty, for after all she's done for us, we deserve a fun surprise, don't we? :D
Currently:
Formerly:
Lucipher

Postby Augustus Germanus » Sun May 31, 2020 2:11 pm

Nationell Samling in Davostag Image
Augustus Germanus

Postby Lucipher » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:11 pm

The Noble Gazette
28th January 4766
Second 3 Year Plan to be Completed this December, High Queen Laments Security Council Loss
After now 5 years have past since the start of the First 3 Year Plan, many wonder if the momentum can last. Lourenne beat Telamon 14-11 for SC Seat D, and Her Majesty explains her plan if elected next term.

Hvítursteinn: Now 5 years into the famed 3 Year Plans orchestrated by Her Majesty, we see their effect is clear on the people of Telamon. With Her Majesty's proposal, the old stock market rocketed into the sky (although now it is government controlled), unemployment dropped to a literal 3 digit number (current estimates are about 550-800 people are unemployed) due to the availability of jobs in the expansions, and the Telamonic economy has skyrocketed to a number higher than ever seen before. After the new constitution was ratified by a popular vote of 87.3%, popular support for the government has never been higher (approval rate is sitting around 82-85%).

Smokestacks from the light industry construction in Vanirhöll

The second 3 Year Plan, based around the light industry sectors in Telamon, have created thousands of new jobs and changed the basis of Telamon's economy from raw resource extraction (a hallmark of lower economically powerful nations) to resource refinement (typical of a middle economic power), to now a light manufacturing focus (found in higher-middle ranking nations). The Plan again focused on making Telamon potentially self-sustaining if needed, while opening up resources for export and domestic manufacturing. With each 3 Year Plan the nation's economy gets reorganized to accommodate the changes. This change was potentially the largest in history (although experts predict a similarly sized or larger shift with the next plan, which is heavy industry and military manufacturing), causing hundreds of thousands if not millions of jobs to be replaced, removed, and created. An estimated 1.7% million people now have jobs in the light manufacturing industry, a record for Telamonic development in the nation's history.

Grænnhöfn: Her Majesty the High Queen earlier this month lamented the loss of Telamon's bid for World Congress Security Council Seat D, after losing to world power Lourenne. She announced that the should Telamon be elected to the SC (Security Council), we would do all in our power to restrict the dictatorship of the rich and powerful, like Lourenne, and the hegemony they place on the world. She also stated the following:
With the advent of Seat E on the Security Council, there is no better time than now to push for the so-called "Third World"'s rights in international politics. Should Telamon be elected to the SC next election, we would push not only for the restriction of the rich and powerful nations, the ceasing of conflicts and insurgencies without reason, and the enforcement of peace and democracy in the world, no. We would do all that AND we would support and lead the movement to create a permanent seat for the nations in Eastern Dovani, the "Third World". Why, I ask the rich and powerful in charge of the SC, why do those nations get any less right than us to have representatives? Do you see them as lesser than us? I leave there, and expect a response.

Her Majesty then announced that to achieve that goal, the Foreign Ministry would be hiring 1,700 new positions to assist in international relations, for the purposes of getting votes as well as general Foreign Affairs tasks.
Currently:
Formerly:
Lucipher

PreviousNext

Return to National News