Telamon

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: TELAMON BROADCASTING CORPORATION (TBC)

Postby Vidoja » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:35 pm

Now, Krkljus could go officially

Political analysts prognose that Vojislav Krkljus will go victoriously one more time, this time officially, to Lodamun. This way, he could now definitely show that he was the victor proving everyone else, that being the DCD and JDL, wrong. Nothing could be found out about this from the Head Council of Media Acting of the Rightful Radical Party. Though this may not happen, most people think that it would be the only logical end to this story, being one of RRP's great victories.

On a little different matter, Nikola Mandaric spoke again in Parliament against the current Foreign Affairs Minister:

I would not have the cheek to go to Lodamun now, if I was Mr Lebowitz. Their shameful act of ripping Mr Krkljus from the position of Foreign [Affairs] Minister because he wanted to hear the opinion of the late largest opposition party, now the largest ruling party, will certainly bring the current Telamonian Government the title of a pro-party government, rather than the right pro-country government that we once proudly was. It's shameful for Telamonians.
Vidoja

Postby Vidoja » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:58 pm

Lodamun: Krkljuš is welcome back any time

As officials stated in the Lodamese Media, Vojislav Krkljus received official approval that the international Telamon-Lodamun bond must be maintained and that he is welcome back any time. It seems Krkljus is looking forward to this.
Vidoja

Postby YankeeHater » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:56 pm

Krkljus Still Unwelcome Says Lodamun

PORT ANDALAY, LODAMUN (LBC) -- Lodamese Prime Minister Issac Cannon's recent invitation to Vojislav Krkljus to visit Lodamun surprised many in the Union including Foreign Minister Louise Rivers. When contacted by the LBC for comment she replied, "Mr. Krkljus's diplomatic credentials are not recognized, and under terms of his release from custody several years ago he is banned from entering the country without [those credentials]." Customs agents were reminded of Mr. Krkljus's ban this morning in a memo sent to all airports, seaports, and land border crossings.
YankeeHater

Postby Vidoja » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Lodamese Press Imprecise

It is obvious that the previous article is written as imprecise: Lodamun approves of Krkljuš's visit, although one party does not. Official approval of the acting Prime Minister was given, and the United Republics Party, the smallest party in Lodamun, is definitely not the whole of Lodamun. Also another aspect of the inaccuracy of the Lodamese Press release was mentioning a rumor - the arrest of Vojislav Krkljuš, as a fact.

George E. Polling, TBC Journalist
Vidoja

Postby Vidoja » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:45 pm

NEWS FROM LODAMUN INSERT

KD2 wrote:Decision is final; says Cannon!

Port Andalay, Andalay [LSN] Prime Minister Issac Cannon today fired a warning shot at his Cabinet colleague, Foreign Affairs Minister Louise Rivers, by stating to press and gathered supporters that his decision on allowing Vojislav Krkljus into the country was final:

'Ms Rivers, in the post of Foreign Affairs Minister, does indeed have the right to check who enters this country. However, it is my belief that we must allow friendly relations to exist between ourselves and Telamon. Barring Mr Krkljus from entering Lodamun is not the sign of a friend, but that of an enemy. On this case, I must overrule the decision by Ms Rivers and reiterate Vojislav Krkljus is welcome into the Lodumese Union, and a guest at my leisure, so long as I remain Prime Minister. Thank you.'

In related news, the LSN has heard rumours that a Cabinet reshuffle may not be far off; with Louise Rivers most likely on her way out.

Prime Minister Issac Cannon
Vidoja

Postby Vidoja » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Poll: Who is the FA Minister of Telamon, Public uninformed

Shocking results

On a poll conducted by the TBC Analytic Section, inspired by individual cases, the Section wanted to find out whether this was just an individual case. Precisely, the question of information about the current Foreign Affairs Minister is interesting. One third of the population of mature Telamon claims that Vojislav Krkljus is the current FA Minister of Telamon, probably due to his popularity. Lebowitz hasn't participated in the press much, he hasn't been very noticeable in Lodamun. This, by my opinion, cannot be approved by saying that he is working hard, a FA Minister must inform the people of what he is doing. On the other hand, Krkljus unofficially represents Telamon and has won yet another great battle in Lodamun. However, Krkljus made himself quite clear that his wish isn't deceit about his position: "I am currently only the Chairman of the Rightful Radical Party, nothing more.". Stefan Barna commented that he guarantees that 99% of his voters know the current FA Minister, because "you must know who is slowing us down". All in all, Krkljus is quite popular while being more experienced. Lebowitz is less popular and less experienced. Why is he the FA Minister of Telamon?
Vidoja

Postby BStar492 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:26 am

Lebowitz Announces Retirement

Dear Reader,

I am writing this letter to address the issue of lies and deceit. I have no intention of holding back any repressed feelings of anger toward those who only worked to insult my tenure as Foreign Minister. This letter is my memoir of the problems I faced, because of one party and one person who couldn't get over the fact that they were on a losing team and had no more power.

As soon as I received my position I have been viciously attacked by the Rightful Radical Party and its members. I have done great things for Telamon. When my predecessor screwed up our relations with the Government in Telamon, he tried to disobey the direct orders of the government in power and visit Lodamun. The Prime Minister, Foreign Minister, and Defense Minister all proclaimed that he was not going to be allowed to visit. He blatantly disobeyed their request for him to not visit their country. While the ultimatum for him to not visit was not justified, he ignored the wishes of the country that he was going to. A man as experienced as Mr. Krkljus claims to be knows that the laws of a country apply to everyone in it, even if they are visitors or diplomats. He attempted to use disinformation to assure all members of Telamon that he was actually allowed to visit Lodamun and that the Government in power had no real authority. When he did go to Lodamun he was arrested, which was a messy ordeal. His staff continued to release false stories and quotes of him going to visit places in Port Andalay. I think that he should feel blessed for not being held in Lodamun, and charged with treason.

He was allowed to safely return to Telamon, but he left an incredible mess. Almost immediately after he left the government of Lodamun, passed a resolution to ban, Mr. Krkljus from every stepping foot on government property and that Lodamun would not continue diplomatic relations with Telamon as long as he was the Foreign Minister. President Gustav acted with all due haste to install me as the new Foreign Minister. My credentials in foreign affairs, came more from academia than show business. I came to the Foreign Ministry intent on creating Diplomatic Relations with all nations of Terra. I am not a flashy person, and I am not as good with the press as Mr. Krkljus is. I quickly worked to fix relations with Lodamun and was able to get the Telamon Lodamun Friendship Treaty drafted and accepted by both governments. I was also at this time able to get a treaty with the Holy Luthori Empire drafted and accepted. I felt that these to countries were important to have treaties with due to the fact that they were the two nations leading the quarantine over the ocean. Everything was all done with the Lodamun treaty and Telamon successfully ratified the Treaty. After Telamon ratified the treaty and before Lodamun could there was a change in the government of Lodamun. The party that had invited the RRP to Lodamun was now in power. I was told that my treaty, which can be compared with some of the best treaties in Terra, including the United Nations of Terra Charter, was not good and that Telamon and Lodamun needed a new one.

The new government of Lodamun invited myself to Lodamun and the RRP. I was deeply insulted by this. I felt that I was being cut from the process that was my job. Mr. Krkljus who likes to think of himself as a foreign policy expert, was invited because he represented the opposition party. First thing I would like to point out is that there is no reason Mr. Krkljus should be allowed to be part of the treaty talks except for the fact that the Liberal Party of Lodamun is close allies with the Rightful Radical Party. I told the Liberal Party that I had offered Mr. Krkljus positions in the Foreign Ministry so he could attend these type of talks, but he said no to all of them. I believe now that his ego was to big. After long and tedious talks with the Liberal Party, we finally started the trip to Lodamun. I would like to say on the record that the way treaties are made are with one on one discussions. Two Foreign Ministers hammer out a treaty. I was being taken for a ride. After arrival, where I was slammed in the bias press and was quoted as saying something I never did, I quickly learned that there was not going to be a treaty. I continually requested to start negotiations, and I was told to start them. I retorted that I had started them with the treaty I proposed. While this was going on Mr. Krkljus was going around Lodamun, insulting their King and asking the people of Lodamun to over throw him. Does that sound like someone you want as a Foreign Minister. After continually waiting for a deal to appear, the next election occurred where the Liberal Party lost its power. I immediately left Lodamun.

First I would like to say to the RRP, don't put stuff in the media that is not true. You constantly said that Telamon wanted you as President, but you never won. For the last twenty years the DCD and JDL have guided Telamon through a prosperous era. If the people of Telamon really did not like us they wouldn't have voted for us. I just hope that the next time you lose power that you are not going to claim that you were actually victorious.

I know that this letter is very negative and attacks a party and man, I once respected, I can no longer keep what I have to say to myself. I am using this letter to say what needs to be said and to announce that I am going to be retiring from politics and take a Fellowship at the University of Telamon at Ferescia. I want to wish the future generations of politicians luck and hope that they will never play dirty games and try and smear their opponents.

Sincerely

BStar492

Postby YankeeHater » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:25 pm

Anti-Krkljus Lodamese Foreign Minister Holds onto Post over Cannon's Objections

PORT ANDALAY, LODAMUN (LBC) -- Lodamese Prime Minister Issac Cannon suffered a major setback as his efforts to reshuffle his cabinet to remove the troublesome Foreign Minister Louise Rivers failed. His party's poor showing in parliamentary elections means he cannot attempt to oust her again in this legislative term. Cannon lost favor with his coalition partners when he sided with known criminal Vojislav Krkljus over the staunchly anti-Krkljus URP and RLP.

Ms. Rivers confirmed today that Mr. Krkljus will not be granted diplomatic credentials by her office. Entry without those credentials and the immunity they provide would result in arrest due to a previously ruling by the Lodamese Justice Ministry banning Krkljus from the Lodamese Union.

Louise Rivers arrives at Foreign Ministry again secure in that position after weeks of controversy.
YankeeHater

Postby Vidoja » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:21 pm

Rightful Radical Party triumphs!
A finger in the eye of the Jewish Defense League

The RIghtful Radical Party won the Presidential Election, putting Milutin Nicin in the seat of the President of the Republic of Telamon. People from the RRP were quoted saying "we expected a battle, but we didn't get one". Still, we can't say they are unhappy.

New President of Telamon, Milutin Nicin, RRP

The Rightful Radical Party gained 13 more seats, making the current number of their seats 132. This is a finger in the eye of the Jewish Defense League, gradually loosing votes election after election. "Their key to success was the Democratic Capitalist Delegation, the largest party in Telamon for so many a year. I think Mr Lebowitz, after all this, must have a metal cheek if he wants it on his body. Yet another piece of evidence was given to him that his term as a FA minister was unsuccessful and that his acting 'honesty' can't fool the people of Telamon. Now, he is finally down the drain where he belongs. After his letter, all the personnel of his party are proclaimed Persona Non Grata of the RRP. Until someone apologizes and talks are made, that will be so." commented Krkljus.

The other losers of the night were the Social Reform Party, loosing 54 seats. The DPT gained a huge 8 % of seats more, making the current total of their seats 49, same as the Revolutionary Congress.

Krkljus after declaring Election Results

Barna: Gustav went honorably, Lebowitz didn't

Stefan Barna

"Mr Gustav, a decade-President left the scene of Telamonian politics honorably and proudly, which he deserves to do. He has been chosen for President so many times, so he has the trust of the people of Telamon. I would personally like to congratulate Mr Gustav on doings for Telamon, even if they are left-of-centre, but what can we do. It isn't true that the right-of-centre politicians are the only good ones. We had a few misunderstandings, but, we hope that they will soon be surpassed in the interest of the people of Telamon. Lebowitz on the other hand may feel proud, but the people of Telamon aren't proud of him, that's for sure. It is a great jump from Education to Foreign Minister, and an inexperienced man is not what we need. Maybe he is an excellent professor, but he does not deserve to be a Government official. Let him be."

Telamon in blue: Fighting for a different shade of blue -- Democratic Capitalist Delegation, Rightful Radical Party

Krkljus: She's not very nice, is she?
Traitors of Lodamun don't frighten Krkljus

Krkljus comments on Lodamese FA Minister

Mr Krkljus, what are your impressions and thoughts about the "anti-Krkljus" FA Minister?

"The problem is, I am highly pro-Lodamese. But also, highly anti-traitor. And, as the time pases, anti-URP also. If they are isolationist, that is not my problem. But, they are anti-Liberal Party, which then makes them anti-Rightful Radical Party as well. Foreign traitors, that's what they are. Just look at her, she doesn't resemble the typical beauty of the Lodamese women, only comparable to some Telamonian ones. Probably they have affiliations with Likatonia, and when the bombs start flying, she will be laughing. And their so called "King", disgusting.... He mocks the Lodamese Monarchs of Old... he deserves a life sentence not a life rule. Cursed be those who blindfold Lodamun these days! Onward Lodamun, Onward to Glory!"
Vidoja

Postby CharterPartyofRoT » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:21 pm

Charter Party Rep. for Heath and Social Services, Dr. Lucas A. Mackesy at a recent event at Party HQ in Valtimo, Antepec

VALTIMO, ANTEPEC - Charter Party members rejoiced as today Abortion now illegal and is to only be used in medical emergencies. Many of the national reps. were on hand for a true mark in history for the Charterians. Dr. Lucas A. Mackesy, a main figure in putting the bill together to be shown to Parliment was on hand and spoke on behalf of all Charterians. "Today marks the end of a nasty period of cruel acts apon an unborn Telemonian. Today the Charter Party prevails as we march to Ferescia to take seats in Parliment. As we grow stronger and gain more influence we as always will voice the thoughs of our people and of all Telemonians. This today was a small victory but one of many to come, ONWARD TELEMON!".
CharterPartyofRoT

PreviousNext

Return to National News