Telamon

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Telamon Morning Post

Postby Woasher » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:14 am

President Adam Andersson speaks to the press

February 3932

"I call for an early election, for tow reasons. Firstly to fill the empty seats in the riksdag and give the people a proper representation, and secondly to give the people the power to decide on the faith on me and my party. The fascist in CPT have worked tirelessly to end me and my party, to put an end to the freedom of speech and democracy in Telamon. So i say let's ask the voters, if they kick me out of office and my party out of the possition of major opposition i will take this as a sign and start reforming my party. But if this does not happen, if TKP is keept strong in the Riksdag, i want CPT to take that as a sign from the people to shove their 100 year old treaty up their ass."
Woasher

Postby legorlee » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:34 pm

The Taab group, Tofors AB, TAE Land Systems AB, SDAB, Dockvarvet to close down it's operations in Telamon

With the Public ownership of the Defense Industry bill proposed by the Chauvinistisk Parti för Telamons the all of the privately owned Defence industries have decided to jointly cease with all of it's operations in Telamon. The Companies will now focus on civilian technology and production. In the companies joint press release they further announce that they have relocated all of the Defense technologies and research to their subsidaries in Hutori and Davostan. The companies will cease with the production of any military equipment, thus avoiding the public ownership.

Experts claims that this will leave Telamon without the capacity to produce any of the current military equipment and technology used by the Armed Forces of Telamon, and it will render the Armed Forces of Telamon useless, it will take decades it will take decades to reach the same technological level as now for any new Defense industry.
legorlee

Postby Cortez » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:59 am

LibDems Re-Brand Following Massive Electoral Defeat
Kurt Nilsson takes over as Party Leader
August, 4, 3944

The June election featured a massive electoral LibDem defeat that many thought would lead to the death of the party. LibDem presidential nominee Harald Holgersson failed to stitch together the coalition Olivia Blix had managed to form from in her years of office that led to a period of relative uncontested electoral dominance. With the rise of the Alternative Party, many who previously supported the LibDem coalition turned to the new political movement in protest of recent complacency and gridlock in the legislature. Many pointed to the absence of a complete cabinet as evidence of this, something that had been the case for multiple years. Thus, yesterday the party reformed at the annual party conference into the Liberals electing former Finance Minister Kurt Nilsson leader of the party. Nilsson has been notably more right wing than his colleagues in the liberal democrats and may suggest a shift in politics for the party.

Blix Stays on with LibDems, Mulls Presidential Run
Olivia Blix stays on board in the reformed Liberal Party though is keeping her options open

Speaking for the first time since leaving office, Olivia Blix spoke out about the new party.
I will stay with the party as long as we dont forget our core principles and continue to value compromise and pragmatism. I have always been in favor of market based solutions and I hope that Nilsson can propose ideas that will appeal to the people.

Asked about future public plans, Blix kept her options open:

I dont imagine I'll be running for president again, I think I had my fill with 10 years. However if things got to a place where I felt like I needed to run, I certainly would. We will just have to see how the political landscape shapes up in the future.
Cortez

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:08 am

Internal Affairs Sets Eyes On Border Control

Minister Malte Bodil addressing the Folkförsamlingen (People's Assembly) for support of his Act

Newly appointed Minister of the Konservativ Liberalerna, Malte Bodil, addressed the Folkförsamlingen (People's Assembly) for his first act as Minister in the Ordförande (President) Cabinet. The bill that he and his team worked on was also the same bill that the late party, Alternativet, had proposed just days before there departure from the atmosphere.

The Minister gave a brief speech stating what the bill and the goals of the Ministry for this bill.
Ladies and gentlemen of the Folkförsamlingen (People's Assembly), it is with great and intellectual persistence that I and my team of intelligent people, have decided to work hard on relaxing the border control. As of now, people are terrified of coming in or out of our country. Why? Because we are using force and strict and brutal security checks not only on foreigners, but our nationals as well. This must be stopped! We need to relax our head on the border and use money in some other in our Ministry that is needed for us. Please, support this Act for the safety of our people and the safety of there's. Thank you.

The Folkförsamlingen (People's Assembly) applaud after the brief speech. He was approached by a few members of his party and the majority party, Liberalerna. He told the news team that the Assembly Members were very well persuaded to vote yes, but he is still unsure that the bill will pass.

Minister Bodil was approached by a gang of news crews from all around the nation. One unknown news crew reporter asked him, "Why do you want to relax the border? What if there is an invasion of terrorists or smuggling?" The question took him by surprise due to his sudden stop and smile. Although he wouldn't answer the other questions, he did answer this one saying, "Well ma'am, we are a well protected nation by the Ministry of Defense. They can handle anything dealing with national security, but I want to focus more on the people and the safety of the people starting at home. So this question was not for me, but the Ministry of Defense.

His security detail led him off to his motorcade and was driven off with his last wave.
Conservative Republican Party
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Under New Leadership

President Emilia Ellinor

There's a new party to come into power as of November. The Konservativ Liberalerna took the Presidency and control of the government in less than 10 years of being on the continent. Leading the country is none the other Ordförande (President) Emilia Ellinor!

President Emilia Ellinor has announced her cabinet as of today. She also held a meeting with the Prime Minister and the other cabinet members to begin planning for the upcoming year. It is said that for the whole year, she will focus on the economy and other domestic affairs that is relevant to the nation. There will be a interview with the President later on tonight, so wait and see what she has in store.
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:31 am

Telamon Reiterates Negotiations with Trigunia

Telamon's Defense Ministry Building

The Defense Ministry and the President prepares for the visit with Trigunia. Security strategies and details have been set up in their sleeping quarters and also for the travel to the airport and around. The Capital is in a rush to prepare for their arrival. Defense Ministe, Edvin Tilda, spoke with Reporter Isha Konnagen. "Minister Edvin stated that the visit is for an installation of air defense systems and an upgrade to the military and relations with Trigunia," Isha stated in the newspaper. President Emilia is looking forward to meeting the high-graded officials running the country and the military. She stated, "I am elated on working with Trigunian Officials on this joint regional air defense system. This will be my first military act as President."
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:04 am

Car Suicide Bombing Kills 25 Soldiers at Military Base

ALLBRIDGE, Antepec — A suicide car bomber killed at least 25 people and wounded 15 on Sunday outside a Telamonese base in Allbridge, Antepec, the site of a suicide attack in 3843 that left seven Federal Operatives dead.

Provincial security officials in Antepec said the car bomber had intended to penetrate the base, Camp Chadschmidt, a major facility at the height of the Telamonese military presence, also known as Forward Operating Base Chadschmidt.

The base, near the Adelia border, was the site of an attack on Dec. 30, 3843 , in which a double agent wearing an explosive vest detonated it inside the facility, killing seven Federal Operatives.

The Taliban asserted responsibility for that attack, one of the worst casualty losses in the Government's history.

It was not immediately clear whether Telamonese personnel were at the base on Sunday, since Telamon has largely scaled back into a small role of advising the national security forces.

A senior official in Hutoria said the target of the attack had been the Khost Protection Force, an Afghan unit trained by the Telamonese Federal Government, but now controlled by the Hutorian National Directorate of Security.

The official declined to specify whether Telamonese advisers were still assisting the force.

But a local security official said Telamonese personnel could still be seen at the facility.

A Telamonese military official said that no Telamons or other members of the international military force were killed or wounded.

Camp Chadschmidt is on the outskirts of the city of Allbridge, Antepec, at a busy crossroads connecting several of the province’s districts. The explosion happened about 6:40 p.m., just as residents were making their way home.

Gen. Carli Finegro, the provincial police chief, said all casualties of the bombing so far were known to have been civilians.
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Maxington » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:15 am

OOC: Taliban? Afghanistan? In Particracy? What a spectacle. :lol:
You can see the copy and paste.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:31 am

OOC: :lol: :lol: I thought I got through it all
Crewe McKinnon

Postby Apulia-2 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:04 am

Gustaf Westerwel Hits the Campaign Trail

Activist Gustaf Westerwel, the Parliamentary Leader of the newly formed Oberoende Alternativ (OA), has begun to campaign across Telamon to win the hearts and minds of the people of Telamon. In the party's announcement convention, Westerwel indicated that the goal of his party was to get the government completely out of the lives of the people of Telamon. Pointing to his past as an economist, he hopes to educate and convince the people that libertarian economic and social ideas can be the saving grace of the nation. He seemed confident that his party would finish in the top 3 in the upcoming elections.

"Each time the government intervenes into the economy, we find that it causes massive unintended consequences," Westerwel said in a speech in the capital, "the CEO of the largest corporation in the country wants my money, I know he does. But how does he get it? By convincing me to give it to him. By contrast, if the government wants my money, they send men with guns to take it from me. We need a government that will leave the people to their own devices and mind its own business."
National Monarchist Party of Hutori

"A George divided against itself, cannot stand!"
Apulia-2

PreviousNext

Return to National News