Telamon

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: TELAMON BROADCASTING CORPORATION (TBC)

Postby högni » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:48 pm

Extremists pronounce "War of Faith"

The extremist wing of the Legion of the Worm, the Shining Martyrs, have issued a statement pronouncing "a War of Faith on all infidels, heretics and hypocrites trying to bring down the Archpope and His Faith", presumably in response to the Air, Earth and Water Scandal. The Bishop in Pectore, the commander of the Shining Martyrs, whose identity is known to the Archpope only, lists Archbishop Solé as one of the main targets of assassinations that are to come in the nearest future. However, Bishop Glûzian II. Ffyrdin, the Order's political leader, believes these statements to be "Macho anouncements that won't be followed by any serious actions". "We can't and won't believe that any follower of the Cult would actually go as far as killing the Archbishop of Telamon", he adds, and ensures us that any outbreak of unneccessary violence will be dealt with by the order quickly and decisively.
högni

Postby squirrelconspiracy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:59 am

Good evening.

This is the 37th time I have spoken to you from this office, where so many decisions have been made that shaped the history of this Nation. Each time I have done so to discuss with you some matter that I believe affected the national interest.

In all the decisions I have made in my public life, I have always tried to do what was best for the Nation. Throughout the long and difficult period of air, earth, and water , I have felt it was my duty to persevere, to make every possible effort to complete the term of office to which you elected me.

In the past few days, however, it has become evident to me that I no longer have a strong enough political base in the senate to justify continuing that effort. As long as there was such a base, I felt strongly that it was necessary to see the constitutional process through to its conclusion, that to do otherwise would be unfaithful to the spirit of that deliberately difficult process and a dangerously destabilizing precedent for the future.

But with the disappearance of that base, I now believe that the constitutional purpose has been served, and there is no longer a need for the process to be prolonged.

I would have preferred to carry through to the finish whatever the personal agony it would have involved, and my family unanimously urged me to do so. But the interest of the Nation must always come before any personal considerations.

From the discussions I have had with senatorial and other leaders, I have concluded that because of the scandal's matter I might not have the support of the senate that I would consider necessary to back the very difficult decisions and carry out the duties of this office in the way the interests of the Nation would require.

I have never been a quitter. To leave office before my term is completed is abhorrent to every instinct in my body. But as Pontifex Maximus, I must put the interest of Telamon first. Telamon needs a full-time Pontifex Maximus and a full-time senate, particularly at this time with problems we face at home and abroad.

To continue to fight through the months ahead for my personal vindication would almost totally absorb the time and attention of both the Pontifex Maximus and the Senate in a period when our entire focus should be on the great issues of peace abroad and prosperity without inflation at home.

Therefore, I shall resign the Archbishopric effective at noon tomorrow. Joseph Oriol will be sworn in as Pontifex Maximus at that hour in this office.
Last edited by squirrelconspiracy on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IN THE NAME OF THE SENATE AND THE PEOPLE OF TELAMON!
squirrelconspiracy

Postby squirrelconspiracy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Surprise Visit: Ettington goes to Hutori!

The Hutori national anthem, played by a Hutori Army band at Bekenial Airport, greeting the leader of Telamon.

A week later in Bekenial, Neil Ettington exalted over the Joint Communique, summarizing the Summit.

Neil Ettington: "This was the week that changed the world, as what we have said in that Communique is not nearly as important as what we will do in the years ahead to build a bridge across miles and 11 years of hostilities which have divided us in the past. And what we have said today is that we shall build that bridge."

The bridge-building began even before the trip, of course; but the girders really began to close with the walk down the ramp of the Telamonese leader's airplane

TBC radio: There they are, the Dux Dei and Mrs. Ettington . Mr. Ettington, clapping his hands just briefly to himself, now shaking hands with the King of Hutori, King George.

Within hours of the formal greeting at the airport, Mr. Ettington held his first talk with Primeminster Alice Stanhope. They were to meet again, but the key work was done in a he series of meetings between the Dux Dei and Premier Stanhope and between State Secretary Heinlein and his Hutori counterpart.

News Secretary of Telamon : "There are essential differences between Hutori and Telamon in their social systems and foreign policies. However, the two sides agree that countries, regardless of their social systems, should conduct their relations on the principles of respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity of all states, nonaggression against other states, noninterference in the internal affairs of other states, the quality and mutual benefit and peaceful coexistence.Telamon has promised ultimately to pull its forces out of the borders and to begin reducing forces on borders as soon as the tension eased.The statement by Dr. Heinlein is that Telamon will send combat troops to fight off any attack."

TBC radio: Even today, the full import of the Hutori visit is not clear. Contacts have been expanded, visits exchanged and Congressmen have gone to Hutori, something that would have been unthinkable just a few years back. Telamon air companies have permission to sell Bekenial jetliners, and Telamon wheat is feeding parts of Hutori.
squirrelconspiracy

Postby squirrelconspiracy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:54 pm

The Anarchist group in Keymon by the name of BBB made a terrorist attack on Telamon with an assaination attempt of the Archbishop. It failed but six Telamonese died. To prevent further attacks i have been in contact with the Keymon government and even though they are trying to police the anarchists they have given Telamon consent to send in 25,000 of our airforce and marines into Keymon to attack these Anarchists. We will launch bombing campaigns on them and attack them to break the stalemate. We have no idea how long this will take but we can only hope for the best; that there is no more attacks by these terrorists. And so tonight—to you, the great silent majority of my fellow Telamonese—I ask for your support
-Head of gov Neil Sean Ettington's address to the nation

The policing action has already started with the destruction and invasion of BBB camps and training facilities.
squirrelconspiracy

Postby Demagol » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:48 am

Tensions between Keymon and Telamon increase and an invasion seems inevitable. Keymon has virtually been defeated already and has been occupied by 25,000 Telamonese soldiers, some elements of the Keymonese governemnt believe the current occupation force to be illegitimate and illegal leading to a response from the Telamon People's Party member and Secretary of Defense Irivng Black
"The Imperial Royal Catholic Party has sabotaged our efforts in Keymon to defeat the terrorist group known as the BBB, I propose we invade Keymon with an additional 25,000 soldiers to temporarily seize control of the government, once we control Keymon we can defeat the BBB for the good fo Terra. The Imperial Catholic Party should also be punished for aiding these terrorists and that the party chairman James Royliwith and other party leaders be executed for aiding terrorists responsible for hundreds of civilian deaths across Terra."
it is unknown if this plan shall become action.
Demagol

Postby squirrelconspiracy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:38 am

The policing action in Keymon is over. After the fighting in Keymon and the devastating second attack by the BBB in Telamon the anarchist-terrorist group BBB has been exterminated. http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=316488
After the second terrorist attack, BBB gained help from some of the other parties in Keymon and asked for withdrawal of Telamonese forces. After this event it seemed inevitable that war would become a reality and Keymon would be invaded. After extensive talks between Neil Sean Ettington and the head of the Imperial Catholic Party (main party supporting BBB) peace was finally made. Ettington threatened to send over 500,000 troops which he had on stand by to conquer Keymon but the Catholic Party was threatening the use of Nuclear weapons. Ettington found that there was a treaty prohibiting the use of nuclear weapons by Keymon against Telamon and once that was brought up the Catholics agreed to the bill mentioned above and the Telamonese forces will leave once the final policing is done.
squirrelconspiracy

Postby squirrelconspiracy » Sun May 08, 2011 8:00 pm

CIU changes name and grabs power!

The majority party, Convergence and Union, since the 3070's lost power due to the party United Telamon in the 3108 elections due to a failure of coordination in the coalition. After CIU and Telamon's people party almost went to civil war tensions cooled and the two parties collapsed. Soon after however Neil Sean Ettington had a revelation and vision to make Telamon a world empire and visioned the Roman Empire. Soon after, he changed his name to Titus Cornelius Archietectus and changed the party name to the Optimates after the Roman political party. He has made reforms to change Telamon culture, such as the flag and sports, and has succeeded. The base of CIU changed to the Optimates immediately following their leader, Neil Sean Ettington. In this time, The Telamon's People's Party restructured into the National People's Party of Telamon and they and the Optimates still remain great allies. After the restructuring, Mitchell Noble, leader of the United Telamon, facing major inability to pass anything and the parties restructured decided to not run for reelection. This caused the United Telamon to Collapse and in the 3116 elections Titus Cornelius Architectus was elected head of government and head of state and a coalition cabinet between the Lews Therin, National People's Party, and Optimates was formed.
squirrelconspiracy

Postby Demagol » Tue May 24, 2011 4:12 pm

During a recent conflcit with Hutori for four years Telamon has emerged the victor! Parades continue all across Telamon celebrating the Hutori surrender. Hastur Black, minister of defense made this statement;
"The Hutori Conservative party instigated a war with Telamon by executing the royal family of Hutori and blaming it on the government of Telamon. Telamon and her allies have succeeded once more in defeating Hutori. A warning to all other nations, Hutori is power hungry to the extent that they would execute their own royal family as an excuse to conquer the land of Telamon, we also believe Davostan may be next. We urge all other nations to boycott Hutori so this imperialistic power may wither and die in a self destructive nova of their own hate and insatiable hunger for power. The world can remain peaceful, for the the Hutori menace has been stopped. Good day."

Telamonese on parade.

OOC: Here is the anti-Hutori treaty. http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=1919
Demagol

Postby squirrelconspiracy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:04 am

A Continent United?

Macon Treaty Organization of Friendship, Cooperation, and Mutual Assistance has united the continent of Macon. http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=1955 The Treaty was developed by Titus Cornelius Architectus otherwise as Neil Sean Ettington and several leaders of the Hutori Conservative Party. The treaty has been a shocker to the international community in that it made the Isolationist Davostan open its borders and has brought total peace between Hutori and Telamon right after a war in which Telamon emerged as the victor. Other countries currently have plans as well to ratify the treaty such as Keymon which is currently debating the membership.
squirrelconspiracy

Postby squirrelconspiracy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Hutori Propaganda:
After Hutori leaving the Macon Pact the Imperator held a press conference addressing them and the press of Telamon:
Before i say anything about Hutori, it is unbelievable about the propaganda of their state. The state of Telamon never, i repeat, never threatened Hutori and it is all over their news.Why? This Imperator can only guess it is of the work of the propaganda in Hutori due to their populace living in a particracy! I agree that Keymon said those things threatening Hutori, and i am very upset at Keymon over this as i was in peaceful negotiations with the Hutori over keeping them in the union and then Keymon comes around and destroys any hopes of that occurring. As i said before i will stand by all of my previous statements seen in my negotiations and i hope that there can be peace between our nations, but only hutori wishes it.

OOC: under pressure by queen is the song. Appropriate.....
Last edited by squirrelconspiracy on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
squirrelconspiracy

PreviousNext

Return to National News