Rutania

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Rutanian News Network

Postby Dalekminator » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:27 pm

Former Prime Minister Catteneo retires

UDPR's last Prime Minister, Nikolas Catteneo, who has recently lost his position after 8 years in charge as PM, has decided to retire from politics following the party's disastrous election. After being at the top of the party for nearly 38 years the whole of the United Democratic Party would like to thank him his contributions to the party and the country.

United Democratic Party Statement
Dalekminator

Postby kj#2 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:00 am

Whig Chairman Michael Murdoch issues statement of thanks and unity with Nationalist Union

Following the election results of the 4356 the Whig Party has expressed their explicit support of the Nationalist Union and their stance on supporting the White Rutanian People first and foremost, Whig Party Chairman Michael Murdoch issued the following statement:

I would like to sincerely thank our conservative friends in the Nationalist Union for their support for my candidacy in the last election. We may have lost the election but the battle for Rutania's future has only just begun. I believe the overwhelming votes the DSPR received in the last election was the result of fear on the far-left to what they rightly see as the re-emergence of the right in this nation. Only conservatives offer a future that protects our proud Rutanian heritage and the White Rutanians. Through hard work and fierce opposition we can return morality to Rutania, we can end miscegenation and we can make Rutania strong again. The left has no respect for our history, for free market values, or for the Hosian faith, we of course are here to save the nation from their degredation.
Whig Party of Rutania
kj#2

Postby Stadius » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:31 pm

DSPR Sweeps to Power, Winning the Presidency, 46% in the People's Assembly, and Total Control of 3/5 State Legislatures in Unprecedented Landslide

The DSPR last night came closer than any other party in recent Rutanian history to winning an outright majority in the People's Assembly, after winning 46% of the vote. In addition, the DSPR candidate Steven Vanderburg won the Presidency after a second-round contest against Michael Murdoch, the candidate from the reformed Whig Party. The DSPR also won overall majorities in the legislatures of three states, controlling over half of the seats in Kragsrov, Bozarland, and Khodor. The party also came just three seats short of the same feat in Delvar, where they are negotiating a coalition with the CRL and newly-formed Social Democratic Party (SDP). Nationally, the DSPR and CRL agreed a coalition deal containing a cabinet dominated by the DSPR and headed by their Kragusrov leader, Andrey Zyuganov. Both parties are understood to be in further talks for a revised deal bringing the SDP, which remarkably placed fifth - ahead of all three of the previous governing parties - nationally.

Political analyst Curt Higgins described the election as 'a political earthquake, shattering the usual multi-party system in Rutania and concentrating an unprecedented degree of power in the hands of a single party'. The result represents a huge blow for the previous liberal coalition, with the Liberals, UDPR, RRP reduced from 62% of the vote to a under 7%, an outcome Higgins described as 'unheard of' and 'the result of some incredibly unpopular anti-labour and regressive policies, which the DSPR have exploited to great effect. The other big story from this election is of course the re-emergence of right-wing parties, with the reformation of the Whigs and the rise of the newly-formed Nationalist Union. The centre-right liberal coalition has been squeezed very hard from both sides'.
Stadius

Postby kj#2 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:01 pm

'Minority Parties form government in 'CENTER RIGHT UNITY GOVERNMENT'

The minority parties of the Whigs, Nationalist Union, Liberal Party, Rutanian Rural Party, and United Democratic Party of Rutania have banded together to form a 'center-right unity government' under the leadership of Liberal Party Prime Minister Shianne Fulner. The new government has banded together to combat the left-wing influence of the DSPR. Conservative Whigs throughout the nation rejoiced at the news with the hopes that this new government will protect capitalism in the nation. The balance of power in Vanderburg however depends on cooperation with the right-wing Nationalist Union and Whigs and the more moderate minds in the Liberal Party, Rutanian Rural Party, and United Democratic Party.

Governor of Ardinia and Chairman of the Whig Party, Michael Murdoch

Governor Michael Murdoch, the current Chairman of the Whig Party has embarked on a nation-wide tour to promote the values of conservatism and traditional morality in Rutania. The Governor will be meeting with business leaders throughout the nation over the next few months to discuss strategies to ensure Pro-business policies are enacted and remain in place in the nations capitol of Vanderburg
Whig Party of Rutania
kj#2

Postby shekel » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:34 pm

'Rutanian Rural Party pleased with the center-right government'

Gerard Rothchester, leader and founder of the Rutanian Rural Party

Leader of the Rural Party, Gerard Rothchester, was asked to issue a statement after the formation of the exceptional center-right cabinet proposed by the Whigs:

Look, this cabinet might not really be ideal for our party, but sometimes we have to make compromises. For me it wasn't a hard choice, since the other option is pretty much one-party rule of DSPR... I have my presumptions about this cabinet, but so far I've been actually very pleased with the results. If all the parties in this cabinet can keep a common ground, I really do think we might do a great job in this government. We will make sure that the voices of hard-working rural people of our nation will be heard in the People's Assembly.
Rutanian Rural Party
shekel

Postby Stadius » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:25 pm

DSPR Campaign Poster: Support the Transitional Programme!

Stadius

Postby kj#2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:54 pm

Governor Murdoch announces Presidential candidacy and Whigs launch Anti-leftist campaign

Governor Murdoch of Ardinia speaking to supporters in the Ardinian state capitol

Governor Murdoch of Ardinia has completed his nationwide tour promoting conservatism and meeting with business leaders. The Governor and Chairman of the Whig Party returned to his home state of Ardinia in early November to speak to the Annual assembly of Whig Party leaders. The Governor spoke at great length for 2 1/2 hours, he touted the Federal governments accomplishments over the last year and spoke in support of many bills in front of the Peoples Assembly currently. The Governor made the much anticipated announcement that he would once again seek the Presidency in 4362, this announcement was followed by a call to action from the Governor to combat what he called
the red menace of the DSPR, CRL, and SDP
Here is an excerpt from the Governors speech:

We made considerable progress working with the other parties that are friends of the free-market but a lot of work still needs to be done. We have lowered income taxes for all Rutanians, revamped the nations finance system to put us on the path of ending deficit spending, reformed our laws to end the policy of turning a blind eye to illegal immigration and effectively legislated a complete overhaul of Rutania's education system. None of this should make us think the battle is won however, the Red Menace, the DSPR, the CRL and their crony union bosses still exert considerable power in the nation and in most state governments. Their communist propaganda pollutes our streets and the minds of our youth. The Red Menace demonizes capitalism, morality and all things decent at every chance they get because they want to see the destruction of the liberty and prosperity that are included in Rutania's national motto. The Red Menace holds no allegiance to the White Rutanian people or to our cultural heritage. They hold in contempt our heritage and the right of White Rutanians to rule this nation without reprise. They recently have engaged in a propaganda campaign meant to discredit the virtues of a free market and that is why I am here to announce that I shall once again oppose them and seek the Presidency of Rutania in 4362, furthermore the Whig National Council has begun our own campaign to combat their heinous message with our own posters

Whig Party of Rutania
kj#2

Postby shekel » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:04 pm

'Minister of Infrastructure and Transport Resigns'

Maximillian Atkins, Minister of Infrastructure and Transport

Minister Maximillian Atkins who chairs the ministry of Infrastructure and Transport has offered his resignation to President Steven Vanderburg. He made a statement in a press conference earlier this morning:

Last evening, I offered my resignation to President Vanderburg. Simply put, my values are incompatible with the ones of the Whig party and the Nationalist Union. These parties are not doing any good for the rural people of Rutania and I feel that the RRP has made a terrible mistake by joining forces with them. Therefore I am also officially leaving the Rutanian Rural Party and I believe that all my colleagues should do the same.

The parties in the People's Assembly are now negotiating to find a replacement for Mr. Atkins.
Rutanian Rural Party
shekel

Postby Pepe the frog » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:27 pm

Rockwell Slams DSPR On Immigration, After Migrant Sex Attacks In Hannford
Nationalist Union leader Herbert Rockwell giving speech in Hannford, KH

Nationalist Union leader Herbert Rockwell has slammed the DSPR and President Steven Vanderburg as 'dangerously weak' and 'completely incompetent' after hundreds of girls and women were sexually assaulted at a music festival in Hannford by what they described as 'dark skinned migrants'. Some have slammed Mr Rockwell for 'politicizing' the attacks. However, at his rally in Hannford, just two days after the attacks, Mr Rockwell was very well received, with thousands packing into the Hannford Indoor Arena to see him speak. Mr Rockwell got a huge standing ovation when he said of President Vandenburg: "This man, if we can even call him that, has put the safety of our women at risk with his open doors immigration policy. President Vanderburg and the DSPR are dangerously weak". Mr Rockwell also vowed to 'hunt down and deport 'every last migrant criminal'.
Alt-Right Alliance
Pepe the frog

Postby kj#2 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:39 am

Facing pressure in Rural communities following Minister of Infrastructure and Transportation resignation and criticism Whigs embrace Protectionism to win rural voters.

After Minister Maximillian Atkins resigned and left his party citing his differences with the Whigs and National Union the Whig Party has faced increased criticism and scrutiny in rural communities that were once pro-Whig strongholds. Outside the state of Ardinia Whig Party politicians are voters angry over the Whigs vote against the Welfare Act that passed despite Whig and National Union opposition. The Whig Party has stood the party line on the bill saying "it simply went to far, it wasnt sensible"

In effort to win over these communities the Whig Party in the Peoples Assembly has introduced two new bills that would remove regulations to allow rural communities to make more of their natural resources and would offer protection to products produced in Rutania through increased tariffs on foreign goods.

Governor Murdoch of Ardinia, the parties Presidential candidate has been reluctant to support the Foreign Relations and Trade Revisions Act in a public statement yet he has spoken openly in support of the Environmental Freedom Act saying
It gives the states the power to make policies that fit for them
The Governor has also expressed his open support of the Tax Relief Act as well as the Peoples Support Budget.
Governor Murdoch
Whig Party of Rutania
kj#2

PreviousNext

Return to National News