Rutania

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Rutanian News Network

Postby rep » Wed May 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Presidential Press Release about the murder of Mr. Khoute

President Lord Klausenburg expresses his condolences about the death of Mr. Derk Van Khoute. The President ordered an official state funeral at which he will also participate.
The President would like to express, that though he personally did not agree with the stances of Mr. Khoute, he does not think that differences in opinions can be solved through violence. He also states that the murderer will be punished according to the laws of Rutania, but there will be absolutely no "witch-hunting" against radical or leftist group, a measure which would be favoured by the Rutanian Heritage Party.

Andreas Martinuzzi,
Speaker of the Presidential Office
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Postby conscotty » Thu May 14, 2009 12:22 am

SCOTT WESLEY RESPONDS TO THE PRESIDENT'S CONDOLENCES

(Press statements made by Scott Wesley, MP)

We thank the president for his condolences regarding the murder of Mr. Derk Van Khoute, a well-loved and trusted member of our party who will be sorely missed. The president's comments reflect that, although our two parties have not always agreed, he is still moved by this loss.

We hope that the individual responsible will be brought swiftly to justice, and that he will be punished to the fullest extent of the law in due course.

Regards,

Scott Wesley (President of the 'Rutanian Heritage Party')
conscotty

Postby rep » Sun May 17, 2009 7:08 am

In Honorem Lord Klausenburg

Lord Klausenburg occupied the function of President of Rutania for ten mandates. Thus he became one of the most influential personalities in the history of the Commonwealth.
During his Presidency, Rutania became a peaceful and prosperous country and a very influential one in international politics. The might of Rutania was strengthened by adherence to the Walburg Group, the United Nations of Terra and the NATO.
These enormous results are all the achievements of Lord Klausenburg, and the future presidents of Rutania must conform to his activity.
rep

Postby rep » Mon May 18, 2009 5:08 pm

The REP puts forward the policy of "fortress under siege"

Between 29-30 January 2758 at Hayek the Republican Elitist Party held an extraordinary congress. After the last elections the REP felt the need to redefine its political objectives.
The President of the party, Victoria von Bruckenthal (see below) stated that the REP had held the highest office of Rutania for 35 years and there was a need for a renewal in the party. Mrs. von Bruckenthal also expressed her will to re-evaluate the REP's relations towards the other political parties. She found that during its "reign" the party slightly turned towards leftist measures, a tendency which must be stopped.
The President of the party envisaged a revised ideological path: returning to the true liberal views and refusing to make compromises with other ideological trends. "The Party must keep its ideological integrity and must refuse every attack from the left and the right. This is the policy of fortress under siege" - Mrs. von Bruckenthal claimed.

In her speech, Vice-President Eleanor Bozarburg clarified the REP's relationship with the OP: "We are willing to let them into the fortress, but they should express their wills." Mrs. Bozarburg also said that neither she, nor Mrs. von Bruckenthal intend to run for the Presidential seat. "We have not decided yet who our candidate be, but we will make this decision in this year. It is very probable that the REP will still endorse Kelly Brogan form the OP."
Analysts say that besides the scenario with Mrs. Brogan, the most probable plan B is the person of Foreign Minister, Pierre LeBon.
rep

Postby conscotty » Wed May 20, 2009 1:56 pm

Sweeping victory for the RHP

The Rutanian Heritage Party continued its long run of political success with a sweeping victory in the recent elections.
Prime Minister Scott Wesley (shown) attributes the party's triumph to a changing social paradigm - "Our election means one thing, first and foremost, and that is that the people of Rutania want a return to the values and morals we've lost.
"They want to see this nation restored to greatness, and, I believe, they've made the right choice."
Mr. Wesley stated that the RHP has a number of new pieces of legislation which they will roll out over the next few months, including plans for comprehensive foreign policy reform and a restoration of state's rights.
conscotty

Postby rep » Thu May 21, 2009 1:25 pm

The REP designates its new Presidential candidate

After the announcement of the OP that it would abandon its political activity for a period of time, the REP was faced with the situation of not having a Presidential nominee. After the meeting of the Central Bureau, Andreas Martinuzzi announced that the new candidate of the party is Mr. Pierre LeBon, actual Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Both the President and the Vice-President of the REP announced their support for Mr. LeBon. The two leading women wanted to remain to administer the party and refused to run in the Presidential elections.

Pierre LeBon is the offspring of a Junker family from Ardinia. He declared: "I am extremely pleased with my nomination. I am going to try to win the elections and to continue the work of Lord Klausenburg in improving Rutania.

Pierre LeBon
rep

Postby rep » Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

OP faction enters the REP

Given the fact that the Orange Party has abandoned its political activity, a significant faction of the party entered the Republican Elitist Party. Among the most important persons coming to the REP are Prime Minister Clay Raymond and Defence Minister, Bill Cooper.
Mr. Bill Cooper declared that: "My former party had very much in common with the REP and we had a close political association in the form of the CLCR. Therefore I find it normal that we are entering the REP. I had a very close friendship with former President, Lord Klausenburg and I hope the two parts of the REP will work good together."

In order to better integrate the new members, Mr. Bill Cooper was given the office of Vice-President of the party. The the REP has now two Vice-Presidents, Mrs. Eleanor Bozarburg (being charged with the administrative affairs of the party) and Mr. Bill Cooper (being charged with the political affairs of the party).

The REP introduced a call for early election in the Federal Parliament because of the fact that two parties were dissolved during the present term.
rep

Postby rep » Sat May 30, 2009 4:12 pm

Henry Cusanus elected as Secretary General of the UNT

Professor Henry Cusanus from the University of Bozarland was elected Secretary General of the United Nations of Terra. Foreign Minister Pierre LeBon declared at a public festivity in Bozarburg: "This is a great day for Rutania. The events have proved that our foreign policy and international activity is appreciated by the international community. Many criticised the government for its foreign policy, but now they cannot say anything. Every Rutanian is proud of Professor Cusanus. We have to thank Ms. Veronica Mayday for her outstanding activity in the UNT, representing with utmost proficiency our interests."

Public festivities were held in all the major cities of the Commonwealth. The rally in Port Nelson was led by Prime Minister Clay Raymond while the one in Hayek by Mrs. Victoria von Bruckenthal.

President Elfrida Weinbauer did not give any sign yet about acknowledging this great event.
rep

Postby rep » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:05 am

End of Political Crisis

After a long period of political instability, during which Rutania did not have a functioning government, President Howard Lynn (PSLM) appointed a new and stable government. The cabinet is composed by two parties, the PSLM and the REP. President Lynn appointed Mrs. Victoria von Bruckenthal (REP) as Prime Minister. Though the key ministries are controlled by the PSLM, the Elitists maintained their domination in Foreign Affairs (Minister: Clay Raymond) and Justice (Minister: Eleanor Bozarburg).

Prime Minister Victoria von Bruckenthal (see photo) declared that she will work to carry on the traditional foreign policy of Rutania, maintaining close relationships with Lodamun, Zardugal, and Aloria. In the matters of internal affairs she stated that most of the decisions will be made by the PSLM.

rep

Postby rep » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:42 pm

Lodamese PM will visit Rutania

Prime Minister Victoria von Bruckethal invited the Lodamese Prime Minister, Patricia K. Johnson II. in Rutania. It is not sure yet, but most probably the visit will take place at Christmas of this year. The two stateswomen will discuss about the mutual affairs of the two countries and the most prominent issues of Terra.
rep

PreviousNext

Return to National News