Particracy World Cup OOC thread

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Particracy World Cup 1 OOC thread

Postby hadrex » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:40 am

If anyone wants to make a formal bid to host the next world cup, post it here.
PI: Parti Libéral de Alduria (User Mincemeat)
hadrex

Postby Afrocentric » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Zanz wrote:Jalal: Clearly the Kafuri dogs were meant to be crushed by the Telamonese Royals on MD4 ;)

meisme: Telamon is doing great :D so far so good.

I am open to constructive criticism from anyone who has some to offer. I have participated in WCs on NationStates in the past (albeit the DISTANT past) but never hosted one myself, so I'm as new to this as anyone in the PT community. Some questions I do have that brought on the creation of this thread (I really should have created an OOC thread earlier):
  1. Is the real life time between matches alright? Am I giving you enough time to post RPs that you feel are up to your expectations? Would you prefer shorter or longer times between matches?
  2. Am I giving enough info on how to do things, where stuff is supposed to be posted, what is expected in RPs, etc.? I think I must be because the RPs are great, but I don't want to assume.
  3. Do you plan on participating again when we host another WC?
  4. Any suggestions on what we can do to make the experience better next time around?

As hadrex mentioned, it is always a good idea to begin considering the hosts of the next cup. He has the right idea of it. The best format, I believe, would be to have one experienced host and one inexperienced cohost that run the show together. Both hadrex and meisme have expressed interest to me on IRC as having experience and the desire to do something like this. Is anyone interested in helping them out? I, of course, would be more than happy to help OOCly as well, just ICly I shouldn't host the WC again at least for a while.

EDIT: Also, I figure I'll take the opportunity to plug #ptsport (which is, thusfar, underused) and #particracy, two IRC channels accessible from esper.net that can make connecting and discussing with fellow PT players much easier. It can be quite helpful for your RPing to have immediate contact with your peers.

1. It's too long in between the matches.
2. It's been very organized and easy to understand.
3. Not really.
4. Shorten the time between the matches.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby meisme » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:39 am

Question: Is someone planning to make a World Cup wiki page when it's done?
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby Zanz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:50 am

meisme wrote:Question: Is someone planning to make a World Cup wiki page when it's done?

Question: Are you offering? ;)
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby meisme » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:08 am

Zanz wrote:
meisme wrote:Question: Is someone planning to make a World Cup wiki page when it's done?

Question: How could you even trust me with that?
meisme

Postby hadrex » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:57 am

Just though if would post my host bid here, for the next cup. Please say what you think.

There will be twelve RL days betwween the proposed 2nd WC final and the end of the 1st WC.

Days 1-6 Rest Days no matches and sign up period.
Days 7-8 Qualifying matches (If possible) and pre-tournement friendlies.
Day 9 Group Stage
Day 10 Group Stage
Day 11 Knockout Rounds up to final
Day 12 Final and 3/4 playoff.

Rp rules will be finalised soon.

All teams that competed in the 1st WC will automatically sign up unless they pull out.
Any nations that want to sign up are welcome in the sign up period, also any nation that ratified this treaty http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... eatyid=826
since if they are in it I doubt they would have any objections.
hadrex

Postby Zanz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:14 pm

meisme wrote:
Zanz wrote:

Question: How could you even trust me with that?

I've seen what you can do under pressure!

Also, regarding your RP, it was good. Sorry it took this long to get back to you about it, I just read through the RPs to score before posting Matchday 4. I like it. A match report with some character level stuff involved, as well.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby hadrex » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:16 pm

Wow it's geting exciting, only six teams left.
hadrex

Postby Zanz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:18 pm

hadrex wrote:Just though if would post my host bid here, for the next cup. Please say what you think.

There will be twelve RL days betwween the proposed 2nd WC final and the end of the 1st WC.

Days 1-6 Rest Days no matches and sign up period.
Days 7-8 Qualifying matches (If possible) and pre-tournement friendlies.
Day 9 Group Stage
Day 10 Group Stage
Day 11 Knockout Rounds up to final
Day 12 Final and 3/4 playoff.

Rp rules will be finalised soon.

All teams that competed in the 1st WC will automatically sign up unless they pull out.
Any nations that want to sign up are welcome in the sign up period, also any nation that ratified this treaty http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... eatyid=826
since if they are in it I doubt they would have any objections.

I will support hadrex's bid. I think Alduria is an excellent choice to host the next cup and I like the that he's done some work organizing prior to hosting. Wish I had done that. Bit hesitant to see how fast it's scheduled to run; I worry that RP wont be able to keep up, but judging by this thread I may be alone in that worry, so I'm willing to give it a shot!

hadrex wrote:Wow it's geting exciting, only six teams left.

I love running this, to be honest. It's very tense everytime I put in the numbers and press the "scorinate" button. I can't believe we've had two consecutive matchdays of this many clean sheets, but hey.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby meisme » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Zanz wrote:
I've seen what you can do under pressure!

Also, regarding your RP, it was good. Sorry it took this long to get back to you about it, I just read through the RPs to score before posting Matchday 4. I like it. A match report with some character level stuff involved, as well.

Cause you put me under that pressure. Remember?

Also, even though we lost... Egelion will face and beat you. One way, or another.
meisme

PreviousNext

Return to World Events