Great Dovani War

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Great Dovani War

Postby EEL123 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:03 am

Zanz wrote:You seem a lot more willing to work with us now

OOC: Nah, that was more with Jelbania. We were more evenly matched. But with you lot involved now, there's not much I can do to fight my way out of this.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Zanz » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:49 am

EEL123 wrote:OOC: Nah, that was more with Jelbania. We were more evenly matched. But with you lot involved now, there's not much I can do to fight my way out of this.

OOC: Well, whatever the reason, I just wanted to let you know I think you're roleplaying well, and I respect it. Not many people can admit their fallibility, especially in Particracy war RP.

This IC post will contain some maps of the conflict I've made. I tried as best I can to base them on the RPs. If there are any glaring mistakes, I apologize. Attribute them to OOC foolishness and not godmodding :) Also, this post will contain some rather large images. I'm sorry if it's a pain for people. I just like maps.

IC:

Illustrated guide to the Zardugal War
As published in the Telapolis Star-Tribune-Post-Herald-Bugle (OOC: date unsure because nobody dates their posts O:))

With the continuance of Telamonese involvement in the Zardugal War, a conflict nearly half a world away, the Telapolis Star-Tribune-Post-Herald-Bugle has compiled this illustrated guide to the Zardugal War for curious readers or aspiring commanders.

Pictured: the despicable nation of Zardugal (west) and our honorable allies, Jelbania (east), with region names for each nation.

Pictured: Heroic Telamonese forces launch a surprise naval bombardment on the Zardic west coast as Telamonese ground troops arrive at the Jelbanian front, which is locked in stalemate.

Pictured: The Zardic navy responds in greater force than anticipated to the Telamonese blockade, threatening to break the Telamonese bombardment. On land, Jelbanian and Telamonese troops engaged in Operation Patriot push forward against Zardic delaying maneuvers as Zardic citizens and troops beat a strategic retreat to the south.

Pictured: The current state of the war. The Telamonese blockade has been broken by the Zardic Navy, and the Royal Fleet retreats north to meet with a Jelbanian flotilla dispatched to aid them. Zardic forces are overwhelmed after fierce fighting in Endirahad and northern Unkassa, while the southern line remains relatively unchanged.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby AntScales » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:53 am

OOC: Just to clear things up, I do approve Telamon's movements. I was notified of this move by Zanza OOC but have been very busy. Please excuse my tardiness on this matter.
Last edited by AntScales on Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
AntScales

Postby EEL123 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:54 am

OOC: Yeah, OK, that's a reasonable accurate narrative. And your maps are pretty good. I like maps too.:D The main problem is the difficulty of reading yellow text on a white background.
Last edited by EEL123 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby lombas » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:09 am

The Free Republic kindly repeats its invitation.

lombas wrote:The President of the Free Republic of Mordusia, Alfred Tilly, has called upon all parties involved in the conflict to attend a peace conference that will be held at the International House of Justice in the beautiful garden town of Gift of Zechariah.

President Alfred Tilly

Tilly said: "To resolve this conflict we need thorough debate. We need neutral ground. The Free Republic can and will answer to this need. It is our priority to restore peace and calm in South Seleya and to promote the revival of the economy that brings wealth and prosperity to everyone."

The International House of Justice in Gift of Zechariah
The Agrarian Party of the Freestate of Mordusia
Defending free trade, freethought, open borders, neutrality and Mordusian heritage since 2171
lombas

Postby EEL123 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:34 am

Zardugal urges combatants to agree to a ceasefire
The Foreign Ministry of Zardugal stated that Zardugal was willing to put down its arms if other combatant nations also agreed to a ceasefire:
For the sake of peace, for the sake of the future of Terra, we ask that all the nations involved in this long and bloody war to stop fighting for a short time to forge an agreement for peace. The Free Republic of Mordusia has repeated is invitation. There are no reasonable grounds on which any combatant nation can reject this invitation. I urge you all to consider the benefits that peace will bring, and agree to go to Mordusia to forge prosperity around a negotiating table instead of gambling with the lives of our sons.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby lombas » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:27 am

James Havlund, Mordusia's Trade and Industry Minister, was quoted saying in one of the Free Republic's 'quality newspapers' that "to continue this war is worse than a crime; it's bad for business."

In the meanwhile, Foreign Affairs Minister John Carrol-Asch has assured the international community about how safe talks in Mordusia would be: "Gift of Zechariah is an isolated, garden town with inhabitants all having passed security clearance. This beautiful city was built for these kind of meetings. Security is top notch: our National Legion is right on top of things."
Defending free trade, freethought, open borders, neutrality and Mordusian heritage since 2171
lombas

Postby Zanz » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:29 pm

Telamon refuses ceasefire, begins Operation Badaran Fury

Telamonese officials have soundly refused Mordusian and Zardic calls for a ceasefire, officially on the grounds that they are "ATR groveling." Experts believe, however, that the refusal is one of pragmatism. Rumors abound that Luthori may soon declare war on Zardugal, an event that would surely mean a quick end to the conflict. Also, many believe the key factor in Telamonese and Jelbanian successes so far has been the speed and unexpectedness of their assault; if a ceasefire were agreed to, it would grant Zardugal breathing room to fortify their defensive line. Experts also point out that the cost of maintaining and supplying the Telamonese armed forces in Zardugal is immense, and any time sitting and waiting on politicians is time and money poorly spent.

With the announcement of a refusal to lay down arms, the Telamonese Minister of Defence announced the beginning of Operation Badaran Fury, a coordinated effort to mass troops (particularly armor) in the center of the current line and push farther south into the Unkassa region, in an attempt to flank Zardic soldiers in Ingomu who have held out despite strong efforts from Jelbanian and Telamonese forces. Initial reports from this operation were of moderate casualties with mild success in pushing the front southward.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby lombas » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:58 pm

The Government of the Free Republic would like to point to the fact that our offer to negotiate peace and host a conference to resolve this conflict has nothing to do with our membership of the ATR. As other member-states of the ATR can prove, Mordusia adheres to strict military neutrality and will not participate in any armed conflict. Furthermore, President Tilly's first offer was based on a request we received from the Indralan Government.

Frankly, this acusation is detrimental to honest discussion and with such attitude we doubt the Speaker has Any good intentions to restore peace to Terra and bring relief to the tens of millions of people harmed and inflicted in this unnecessary conflict that is contrary to all good economy and prosperity for our common citizenries.

Mordusia has served as a beacon of hope in the past, bringing relief during the Talmorian civil war and the Keymon-Likatonian war. To neglect our offer and to turn away from peaceful resolution, one only shows his lack of concern for the demands of the ordinary plebs.
lombas

Postby colonelvesica » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Capture of Belgae

Although abandoned by the Zardic government weeks ago, the capture of the official Zardic capital is seen as a massive "strategic and political" victory as according to one Defence Department official.

Elements of the 7th Mechanized Infantry Division occupying the Zardic capital

The capture of the rest of the state of Enhirahad is seen as the first stage of a complete victory over Zardugal.

President Woodbury not Opposed to Ceasefire

Despite on going hostilities President Woodbury has said that he's open to the idea of peace talks, but only if the Zardic are willing to lay down their arms first and pull out of Indrala post haste. If all Zardic aggression ends the United States of Jelbania are more then will to come to the peace table. In this case it was the Zardics that started the aggression against us, and now they are paying for thinking they could fight everywhere and still defeat us.

Jelbanians Launch Operation Cartwheel

On the most eastern portion of the line, the Third Army Group under General Lindsay Drake, spearheaded by the Sixth Army has launched Operation Cartwheel to push the Zardic clear out of what areas in Jelbanian they are still occupying, while across the line the Jelbanians are supporting offensives launched by Telamonse forces. For now much of Jelbanian forces are preparing for something big, and are saving up for something, though Defence Department officals are mum on the details.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

PreviousNext

Return to World Events